Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Welcome to Green Acres - 2008!

It's big, it's back, and it's still all about the green Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to TAT's Green Acres Fantasy Tennis competition!

Those who played (or followed) the contest in 2007 will soon find that not much has changed. No Roadmap maddness here; we prefer a bit of continuity

So, not many changes, but two significant ones. The amount of trades is up from just the one to a whopping FOUR! Yeah, feel free to give the people behind the scenes a hug But, you will have to spread that wealth over one more week, as Green Acres will finish at the Campbell's Hall of Fame Tennis Championships in Newport, NOT at the end of Wimbledon!

The rules, players and picks threads will all be online within the next two to three days, after which you can spend the time it's raining in Paris doing research and selecting the best damn team you can. Sounds like a plan? Good, spread the word. We had a great amount of people take part last year and we'd love to better that number this time around! Same goes for the tension, as last year's inaugural edition saw the numbers one and two separated by just four points after four weeks!

Be seein' ya soon. Ciao for now,

Oploskoffie
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Re: Welcome to Green Acres - 2008!

and my lame song is back..drumroll....

(to the tune of the Green Acres television show intro)

Green Acres is the place to be
    Grass tournaments love captain Wasabi
    Rafa cannot move that far and wide
    Save the red clay for him to slide!

Grass tournaments are here to stay
    Roger's favorite surface to play
    Give me that Wimby Trophy to view
    Roger will win another few.

Wimbledon...the Grass
    London you'll spend too much cash
    Fresh Air...the square

It's all too short
    Then it's on to hardcourts

Green Acres tennis we are there!

Neato!

I love how you wrote that in the form of a personal letter, Mr. Koffie. I felt like you were talking just to me.
    Blue Steel

Quote Originally Posted by jjnow View Post
    I love how you wrote that in the form of a personal letter, Mr. Koffie. I felt like you were talking just to me.
    Wink wink, nudge nudge...

Just under four days to pick your team! Don't get distracted by the gravel

Grand Slam Champion missinandre's Avatar

I must be a sucker for losing....still....I can't help myself even after getting killed in EVERYTHING for this French Open!

I must be....a tennis fan!

Good luck with your teams everyone!

Thank you, missinandre

Just a reminder: Ti-Amie posted the updated entry lists for Halle and Queens (and Sopot, but that's clay and doesn't count )

Follow this link!:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=10792

Blog Entries

I have a question (even though it might be a little late): I dont understand what players we are allowed to trade. I thought it was just the injured ones. but reading suliso's post in the team thread in which he wondered if we knew maria, serena and venus would not be playing until wimbledon, left me wondering if we would have been allowed to trade them in later on...
    so can we trade anyone we feel like? or only the ones who wont be playing a specific tournaments or who miserably failed?
    thanks in advance
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Quote Originally Posted by tinamarie View Post
    I have a question (even though it might be a little late): I dont understand what players we are allowed to trade. I thought it was just the injured ones. but reading suliso's post in the team thread in which he wondered if we knew maria, serena and venus would not be playing until wimbledon, left me wondering if we would have been allowed to trade them in later on...
    so can we trade anyone we feel like? or only the ones who wont be playing a specific tournaments or who miserably failed?
    thanks in advance
    We can trade whoever we want. Smart trading is very important if you want to have any chance of winning

That's why I avoided Maria, Serena or Venus for now...
    Roger forever

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    We can trade whoever we want. Smart trading is very important if you want to have any chance of winning

That's why I avoided Maria, Serena or Venus for now...

that's great, thank you suliso. ( I took the " The team you choose is supposed to last you the entire four weeks...You can use these to replace an injured player, or someone who's playing like they should be on the senior citizens tour." from the How its played- thread a bit too literally and actually thought Marion would have to catch a bad cold and/or lose in the first round next week for me to be allowed to trade her for Wimbledon.
    " All they can do is beat him. They cannot ever be his equal." ~Al Laney on Big Bill Tilden

Four trades???? Didn't GA only have one trade last time?

That is sooooo many for such a short contest. And soooooo many for my short attention span...
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post

That is sooooo many for such a short contest. And soooooo many for my short attention span...
    Yes. That was one of the changes mentioned in the intro page for the contest.
    I'll miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by oohsalmon View Post

Like the 4 trades especially the ATP top guys playing this week and the WTA top ladies playing next week or in the case of Venus,Serena, and Maria until Wimbledon.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Like the 4 trades especially the ATP top guys playing this week and the WTA top ladies playing next week or in the case of Venus,Serena, and Maria until Wimbledon.
    4 trades is great, but still difficult because you have to maintain the 6 men/ 6 woman and the category count.
    So you can put Vee in just before Wimby, but you must have an equivalently ranked woman to exchange against ... That is where you need to plan ...
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS
    second Decima of the year !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast