Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Day 1 (Sunday) - RG Men's Suicide Pool

Bonjour and welcome new players and returnees to Day 1 of the 2008 Roland Garros Men’s Suicide Pool.

With the one exception noted in the next paragraph, you will be making one pick EACH DAY of the men’s event, and once you use a player, you can never use them again. There will be a “picks and results thread” posted later so you can check the choices you have already made. It is very important you follow the posted schedule of play for the day.

Since Roland Garros starts on Sunday, with a limited number of matches, for this one major, you have the option NOT to choose a match from Sunday's offerings and wait until Monday, when there will be a bigger selection from which to choose (Warning for Monday: probably matches from both halves of the draw). BUT, if you choose a match from Sunday, and your player loses, you're out of the men’s suicide pool contest. There will be a separate thread for Monday's day 1 choice (we'll call it day 1A) so that we don't confuse everyone. For those that survive the Sunday/Monday day 1 pick, your day 2 pick will be due before the scheduled start of play on Tuesday as usual.

If you choose to pick from the 16 Sunday matches, post your Day 1 pick by replying IN THIS THREAD. Your pick must be in before the scheduled start of play for the day in Paris, that is, Sunday, May 25th at 11:00 AM Paris time. For those in the US, Paris is six (6) hours later than the east coast, nine (9) hours on the West coast. Don’t be late as we hate making those hard decisions, but we will. The thread will be locked at the deadline, so don't wait until the final minutes.

If you change your mind after you make your pick, and before the deadline, please make a second post advising us of your change.

Best of luck and thanks for joining us.

SUNDAY'S MATCHES - (only 16 of the 32 matches from the bottom half of the men's draw):

BLAKE, James USA [7] vs SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER
    Q GREUL, Simon GER vs GULBIS, Ernests LAT
    LAPENTTI, Nicolas ECU vs TIPSAREVIC, Janko SRB [32]
    LL OUANNA, Josselin FRA vs DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG
    MOYA, Carlos ESP [16] vs Q SCHWANK, Eduardo ARG
    KUERTEN, Gustavo BRA (W) vs MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA [18]
    DANCEVIC, Frank CAN vs Q LOPEZ JAEN, Miguel Angel ESP
    GREMELMAYR, Denis GER vs DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB [3]
    NALBANDIAN, David ARG [6] vs BERLOCQ, Carlos ARG
    CHARDY, Jeremy FRA (W) vs Q GIL, Frederico POR
    ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP [19] vs PASHANSKI, Boris SRB
    LL DECOUD, Sebastian ARG vs ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
    HRBATY, Dominik SVK vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
    EYSSERIC, Jonathan FRA (W) vs MURRAY, Andy GBR [10]
    Q GONZALEZ, Maximo ARG vs Q KARANUSIC, Roko CRO
    ISNER, John USA vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Day 1 (Sunday) - RG Men's Suicide Pool

Open for business!

Please read the instructions carefully.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'm going to kick it off!

Mathieu.

My pick is Almagro.

Olivier Rochus
    Blue Steel

hi everyone, according to RG program, they have 16 singles matches programmed on sunday, 28 on monday which means they have 16 from the bottom half and 12 from the top draw, and 20 from the to draw on tuesday...
    so how does it work with the picks for monday ? do you separates picks from the top and bottom draw ???

how if the rain delays affects the intial program ? and some players are again on the next order of play ? do you make a special warning on the picks ?

i know it's not easy to answer all that, i hope you can give me some clues before i make my picks !!

tks marie j

Ernests Gulbis

TAT and TW (if applicable)

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marieJ View Post
    hi everyone, according to RG program, they have 16 singles matches programmed on sunday, 28 on monday which means they have 16 from the bottom half and 12 from the top draw, and 20 from the to draw on tuesday...
    so how does it work with the picks for monday ? do you separates picks from the top and bottom draw ???

how if the rain delays affects the intial program ? and some players are again on the next order of play ? do you make a special warning on the picks ?

i know it's not easy to answer all that, i hope you can give me some clues before i make my picks !!

tks marie j

MarieJ:

Your first pick is your choice of either a Sunday match or a Monday match - AFTER THAT, you must make a pick EVERY DAY, as long as you are still alive.

It's explained at the beginning of this thread as well.

If rain is an issue, we will always post a thread explaining what the procedure will be.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

tks marie j
    Last year we just put the Monday schedule up and expected our contestants to check out a draw before they make their pick. But, we could divide it this year, pointing out which are matches from the top and bottom halves.

Rain delays were a huge problem last year. You have to check in here for rain delay announcements. The simple part is you don't get to choose again from matches carried over from the previous day due to rain or darkness, but you may have to make a pick the next day even if your pick from the day before did not hit the court. It will depend. Let us worry about the rain. But, for Sunday/Monday, you just make one choice.

thanks for the replies... i just found the start a bit difficult... and it's only my second participation to the suicide pool, so i don't know if the best pick will be tomorrow or monday, it makes it tougher !!

Mathieu
    Roger forever

Almagro please.

Sadly:
    Paul Henri Mathieu
    (because he will beat Guga)

Paul Henri Mathieu

TW (if applicable)
    Last edited by patrick; 05-24-2008 at 07:23 AM.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

thanks for the replies... i just found the start a bit difficult... and it's only my second participation to the suicide pool, so i don't know if the best pick will be tomorrow or monday, it makes it tougher !!
    No problem, Marie. We're glad to help! And there's nothing wrong with tough - that's what makes your player surviving on any given day that much more enjoyable.

Good luck and thank you for joining us.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast