Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 20 Questions - 2008 French Open

Buuump! Still another 9 hours to make picks!

Bump! 6 hours left!

1.Name a chair umpire who will officiate either the menís or womenís singles final. Carlos Bernardes
    2.What will be the sum of the seeds of the sixteen singles quarterfinalists? (closest guess receives 3 points, unseeded players count for zero)? 90
    3.Which Russian will win the most total matches in Singles, Doubles, and Mixed combined? Dementieva
    4.Which wild card entrant (link to list) will win the most singles matches? Bremond
    5.How many of the eight singles quarterfinals will be played on Stade Suzanne Lenglen? 3
    6.How many of the six doubles champions will wear a hat or visor in the photos they have taken with their trophies at the award ceremonies? 3
    7.What will be the total number of singles wins by American Men? 2
    8.(Dinara Safinaís Singles Wins + Marat Safinís Singles Wins) x (Alona Bondarenkoís Singles Wins + Bondarenko Sistersí Doubles Wins) = 25
    9.Not including Svetlana Kuznetsova, Name a female player who will wear something other than a hat or visor on her head. Schiavone
    10.Which French player will win the most singles matches? Cornet
    11.Which Russian player will win the most singles matches? Dementieva
    12.Which Asian player (including Israel, not Russia) will win the most singles matches? Peer
    13.Name a player who will be photographed taking his shirt off. Djokovic
    14.Name a player who will lose in the fourth round Monaco
    15.Which qualifier will win the most singles matches? Karanusic
    16.How many of the six doubles champions will have been entered in the singles draw? 4
    17.How many Grand Slam singles titles will the womenís champion have previously won? 6
    18.Who knock Agnieszka Radwanska out of the singles draw? Cornet
    19.Name a player who will wear red? Jankovic (I won't cheat and say Caroline )
    20.How many games will Wayne Odesnik win in his first round match vs. Guillermo Canas? (Closest answer receives 2 points) 9

Tiebreak #1: Who will be the Menís Champion? Rafael Nadal
    Tiebreak #2: Who will be the Womenís Champion? Venus Williams ()

Bump!

There are only a few hours left to make picks!

I KNOW some of y'all are bored right now. It only took me about fifteen minutes to make my picks (the longest part was Wikipedia-ing Asia to see what all the countries were that were a part of it ).

You could enter at the last minute and then win the whole thing!

I'm talking to YOU!

A combination of crossing the Atlantic, crappy hotel internet, and forgetting that Paris and London are not in the same time zone have forced me to close the contest before I had a chance to enter .

No more entries will be accepted.

Thanks to all who played!
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Woo-hoo! I get the 2 points for question 20 for being the one to least underestimate Osedink (good thing Salmon didn't put in guesses.)
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

A lot of people (like me) have #10 wrong - I had Gasquet who obviously isn't winning some. A few never edited out there answer of Tsonga either.

I think a few of us had Bremond for #4 (I did) and that's obviously wrong too...unless no WCs win? (have any?)
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    A lot of people (like me) have #10 wrong - I had Gasquet who obviously isn't winning some. A few never edited out there answer of Tsonga either.

I think a few of us had Bremond for #4 (I did) and that's obviously wrong too...unless no WCs win? (have any?)
    Odesnik, baby!

(And Chardy too...)

I've been meaning to say that Question 8 is also a 3 points for closest guesser. I omitted that in writing it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123