Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Yahtzee Champion, Deuces Wild Champion Kirkus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ask questions here about the suicide pool

If you have questions about the 2008 French Open Suicide Pool ask them in this thread and an answer will be posted as soon as possible.
    Hello, Grigor.

Re: Ask questions here about the suicide pool

I'm new to this. How does one enter?
    Thanks. elkay

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by elkay239 View Post
    I'm new to this. How does one enter?
    Thanks. elkay
    Welcome, elkay239! There will be separate threads set up for the men's and women's pool for the first day of play once we know the Order of Play. You enter by posting your picks in the respective threads. You can enter either men's, women's, or both pools.

And m8 neglected to mention, it's tradition for all participants to pick Golovin in her 1R match.
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete: Mom

HI All. Another newbie here. I saw the link for this on Jon Wertheim's (sp?) website. This looks like a lot of fun!!

I just have one question. Do we monitor ourselves or do people on this board do that? I mean, do I need to keep track of who I've chosen? If I put someone twice, would I get an error message the second time? I'm asking just because I want to know if I should keep a list ( I suppose I could go through the previous thread, but I'm not sure how many people do this, and it may be easier just to keep my own list) or not. Also, along the same lines, if someone picks incorrectly and then tries to post again, are they given an e-raspberry, or maybe semi-final tickets to the Italian?

Also, is there a suicide pool for all the Slams?

Thanks again. This looks like great fun.

Kevin

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post
    HI All. Another newbie here. I saw the link for this on Jon Wertheim's (sp?) website. This looks like a lot of fun!!

I just have one question. Do we monitor ourselves or do people on this board do that? I mean, do I need to keep track of who I've chosen? If I put someone twice, would I get an error message the second time? I'm asking just because I want to know if I should keep a list ( I suppose I could go through the previous thread, but I'm not sure how many people do this, and it may be easier just to keep my own list) or not. Also, along the same lines, if someone picks incorrectly and then tries to post again, are they given an e-raspberry, or maybe semi-final tickets to the Italian?

Kevin
    You definitely need to keep track, pattyfan. With 200-250 participants in each pool, we can't monitor picks that closely. BUT, there will be a picks/results thread for each pool that lists all of your picks in case you forget or want to double-check to make sure you haven't already used a player.

And once you make an incorrect pick, you're out. No more picks will be accepted, and there's no second chance. No margin for error!

And welcome to TAT! Good luck!
    Gender should never be a death sentence. http://www.facebook.com/The.Worldwide.War.on.Girls. A civilized nation doesn't tolerate violence against women. http://www.facebook.com/TheSilenceStopsNow?ref=hl. Microlending harbors tremendous potential to improve the economic, social, political, and educational empowerment of women and children. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Globa...417742?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyfan View Post

Kevin
    Just to follow up, Kevin - we play SPs for all 4 Slams. And you should def keep your eye on your picks, because we do not have a mechanism in place that lets you know if you made an erroneous pick (say a duplicate, or from the wrong side of the draw). Keep your eye open for the Picks nad Results thread which is a good guide to follow to see who you have allready used.

Love the Italian semi joke....that's the style of humor you'll find all over this board if you stick around and join in our fun all year long.

Thanks for stopping by. Needless to say, we love Jon W. here at TAT.
    Ssshh. Don't tell PEHK I am cheating on him with Dominic Thiem!

number1venusfan

where are the threads located???

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by number1venusfan View Post
    where are the threads located???
    Men's:
    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=10582

Women's:
    http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=10583

You are going to have some competition here on TAT for that #1 Venus fan title!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    You are going to have some competition here on TAT for that #1 Venus fan title!
    LOL, ain't that the truth.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I've made a pick for the Men's draw on Sunday, but the Women's draw has got me beat

Do I have have to make a pick for both draws on Sunday or can I have Men's Sunday and Women's Monday?

(does that make sense?)

Cheers

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

mahjong Champion, 9 Dragons Hexa Champion, Great Mahjong: Classic Champion, Magic Towers Solitaire Champion morct's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luvs10s View Post
    I've made a pick for the Men's draw on Sunday, but the Women's draw has got me beat

Do I have have to make a pick for both draws on Sunday or can I have Men's Sunday and Women's Monday?

(does that make sense?)

Cheers
    You can pick Men's Sunday and Women's Monday.

Or vice versa.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Phew, hope Monday's Women's line up is easier.

Thanks morct.

Hey, this might sound really weird but I'm having a little trouble trying to find out how to post. This is the only way I am able to post. Can you please tell me how to post. thanks.

Oh i'm sorry this is how you post. thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast