Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Arcade scores have been reset!

April is over. Sink your teeth into May.

Coach Marion, at your service!

Re: Arcade scores have been reset!

Space Invaders and Scrabble Blast have been removed from the games list. No substitutions have been found as yet, but we're not rushing into that.

This is the last month for Deal or No Deal. Apart from the fact that it tends to act funny during tournaments, it's always been too much of a "get there first" game. Also, it's too easy to get the highest possible score. The scores for April prove that, as the highscore of 1 million points was shared by four people.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Glad to see Scrabble Blast go, Mr. Koffie. I thought Disco Bowling was on the chopping block some months back? Doesn't it kind of fall into the same category as DoND?
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Bounce Disco Bowling, indeed. My least favorite game in there.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Glad to see Scrabble Blast go, Mr. Koffie. I thought Disco Bowling was on the chopping block some months back? Doesn't it kind of fall into the same category as DoND?
    For you it does It'll probably get the chop next month, though I'd like to find a good replacement first. The same would go for Hexxagon. I'm looking for slightly more brainy games but as those aren't all that popular () it's a tough search. Seriously, if we'd want to add three dozen games featuring flesh eating zombies, my work would be done within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by oploskoffie View Post
    Space Invaders and Scrabble Blast have been removed from the games list. No substitutions have been found as yet, but we're not rushing into that.

This is the last month for Deal or No Deal. Apart from the fact that it tends to act funny during tournaments, it's always been too much of a "get there first" game. Also, it's too easy to get the highest possible score. The scores for April prove that, as the highscore of 1 million points was shared by four people.

I usually don't play Deal or No Deal because I want to get the highest score (usually when I first play it the high score has already been hit anyway ). It's a fun game even if you don't get the highest score. It's one of the ONLY games that I find fun in the arcade (it's a lot better than hexxagon and frogger, and a few others, IMO) Isn't that the purpose of these games anyway? Just sayin'

I'd be really bummed to see it go.
    Last edited by Jay; 05-01-2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: left a letter out of "it's" :p

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    I usually don't play Deal or No Deal because I want to get the highest score (usually when I first play it the high score has already been hit anyway ). It's a fun game even if you don't get the highest score. It's one of the ONLY games that I find fun in the arcade (it' a lot better than hexxagon and frogger, and a few others, IMO) Isn't that the purpose of these games anyway? Just sayin'

I'd be really bummed to see it go.
    And yet it will go.

I agree with you that the first purpose of the games in the arcade would be to have a little fun. At the same time, several people are playing for highscores. Maybe not for each game, but we are a competitive bunch. Apart from there being the "get there first" factor, another issue is the fact that the first to get the highscore is not guaranteed to hold onto that position. For now, it's impossible to have scores sorted by age first, THEN by highest (or lowest if you're playing golf). Plus, with there being a very clear, relatively easy to reach maximum score, after the initial buzz at the start of the month, participation dies down. There's a reason it's one of the games that's slipped in popularity. And then this... The game can easily be cheated in tournaments. Stupidly easy, in fact. That, if nothing else, seals its fate.