Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Updated Men's SP Rankings - Post AO

Okay, this is super late. This was the first time that this was solely my responsibility, and I apologize for forgetting my new responsibilities and neglecting them.

To the brighter side:

Congratulations to Shadow who has broadened his lead, if only slightly, and with several people behind him defending 200 points at RG for beating the draw, it looks like he has set himself up nicely to lead after the first half of the Grand Slam year.

See you all at Roland Garros!

TAT Men's Suicide Pool Rankings--Post Australian Open

Last edited by beaujarkko; 05-30-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Some wrong scores
    I'll miss you!

Re: Updated Men's SP Rankings - Post AO

After Roland Garros, I have room for improvement.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Not even ranked, HA!
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Not even ranked, HA!
    It IS humiliating, isn't it?!?!? My MAN makes it on the list with only playing 2 of the Pools.

WELL- at least I made it onto the women's rankings list.....literally, tied with the last possible person to make it onto the list.
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post
    It IS humiliating, isn't it?!?!? My MAN makes it on the list with only playing 2 of the Pools.

WELL- at least I made it onto the women's rankings list.....literally, tied with the last possible person to make it onto the list.
    Nelslus, what you and Elchie do in your private time should be none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Nelslus, what you and Elchie do in your private time should be none of our business.

I AM slow this morning......took me a minute to figure out what you meant by "Elchie".....with apologies to Elchie, wherever you are currently, Elchie- I first thought that perhaps "Elchie" was some kind of perverse slang familiar to those in the NYC area.....
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

There're a couple of mistakes on the chart. I will correct them at home when I can compare them to my spreadsheets.
    I'll miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by nelslus View Post

It is, and with me defending 200 of my 237 pts on the women's side at the FO, I'll probably sink into anonymity after RG
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Agreed...all these points about to come off are very depressing. A lot of us look like French Open SP Bartoli's.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Agreed...all these points about to come off are very depressing. A lot of us look like French Open SP Bartoli's.
    At least my household will stay on the board through through Wimbledon before we fade into oblivion.

Who knows, maybe this will be salmonette's big year.
    It's hard out here for a Zuz.

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Okay, scores are now correct. A couple of players beat the draw at RG last year, but when I transferred them to the webpage, it showed up under this year's AO instead. All is fixed, and the scores indicate even more emphatically the necessity to defend myriad points at Roland Garros (for a lot of you, anyway...)!
    I'll miss you!

Woo Hoo, I'm Top 5. I'll enjoy it while it lasts...which is approximatley 30 days. With so many points to defend at the French I expect to plumet out of the Top 100 very soon.

This is really interesting! Is it based on what round you're eliminated in?
    Maybe could somebody explain the scoring system? It'd help a lot

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by AceHole View Post
    I didn't come up with the system. But, I think it's what day you make it too. For example, look at my score. I received 200 points for RG '07 because I beat the draw (made it all the way without losing). In contrast, look at Wimbledon '07. I received 1 point as I lost on day 1 (Querrey )

Where am I?
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceHole View Post
    Hello!

I'm your friendly Suicide Pool Rankings liaison.

Basically, what we have done is invented a scoring system of "ranking points" based on the day of the suicide pool that a particular contestant gets to. Without laboring over the entire scoring system, I'll say that if you lose day 1, you "earn" 1 point, which increases in calculated increments up to 200, which is only gained if you "beat the draw". It is not a common occurrence.

Then, just like the 52-week ranking systems the pros use, we have a rolling ranking system whereby at the beginning of each particular Grand Slam, the points earned in last year's event "drop off" and are replaced by this year's yield. (If you check the table at the top, you'll notice that the points so far are for the last three GS tournament of last year (RG, W, USO) and the AO from this year.) The rankings will be updated at the end of two weeks, not in stages during the tournament.

All queries regarding the SP rankings can be directed to me, and there is a separate ranking list for the men's pools and the women's.

Note also, that even though we have "unofficial" suicide pools for Indian Wells and Miami, they are not a part of the SP rankings.
    Last edited by beaujarkko; 05-26-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: I hate when there's only one parenthesis and not another to end the phrase
    I'll miss you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast