Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Boxing Thread

Briggs is hopeless. He just waddles around the ring a little, trying to find a gap for a sucker punch. Klitschko is far more active and landing some serious punches. Kudos to Briggs for still being on two feet, but apart from that...
    Coach Marion, at your service!

Not that I watch boxing with any regularity, but when was the last time someone was seriously threatening one of the Klitschko brothers? Seems like a very long time ago...
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Not that I watch boxing with any regularity, but when was the last time someone was seriously threatening one of the Klitschko brothers? Seems like a very long time ago...
    They've both had some losses, with Wladimir being the dumbest of the two, walking into big punches by Sanders and Brewster. Apart from that, they indeed haven't been seriously challenged much since Lennox Lewis was around. The heavyweight division is in a poor, poor state. I doubt David Haye will do much to change that, especially when you look at his choice of fights. I mean really: Audley Harrison? Because the British crowds want it? Harrison is a joke....

Klitschko wins. Unanimous decision over twelve rounds. Fight should've been stopped in the eighth. Please find a worthy opponent next time round.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Didn't even know we had a boxing thread.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

I'll check back in if/when Pacquiao and Mayweather fight...otherwise boxing is of 0 interest to me.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Ace Blackjack Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion Woody's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha, never seen this thread before! Yeah, I think boxing shot itself in the foot. PPV was sort of built around the Tyson brand, but they had no huge stars to justify it after he left. Collapse, and MMA swooped into the gap and their brand is bigger than the fighters themselves.
    I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know. - Andy Roddick

Two interesting matchups tonight. The quality match should be Pacquiao vs. Margarito. The match that could further damage the heavyweight division is Haye vs. Harrison.

Anyways. There's a chance this could be Pacquiao's last match, regardless of the outcome. Freddie Roach has mentioned Pacquiao's increasing interest (and success) in his political career. Boxing will probably get cheated out of a match between him and Mayweather. Much like a match between Haye and either of the Klitchko brothers

Thank God. Haye just exposed Harrison for the lousy, negative boxer he is. 3d round victory. Now if Harrison would just go away, permanently...

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

If Manny wins tonight he'll have more wins at Cowboys Stadium this year than the Cowboys do I only watch about 2-3 matches a year now...Manny's matches are usually included.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    If Manny wins tonight he'll have more wins at Cowboys Stadium this year than the Cowboys do I only watch about 2-3 matches a year now...Manny's matches are usually included.
    LOL

Hopefully I can find a live stream for Manny's match. And manage to get up in time

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Think fight should be coming soon...since it's a PPV, I won't post an actual link...but on channelsurfing.net there are a couple links. The one I'm watching is getting choppy though...must be picking up a few extra viewers.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Missed round one...my first stream dropped.

Good second round for Margarito - getting some good shots in. Manny taking it well though too.

Better third round for Manny...I'm thinking they each got one of those two rounds.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 11-13-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Dominant 4th by Manny...Margarito's face is really showing it already.

Appropriately, I'm watching UFC on the TV...MMA vs boxing fighting for my attention now.

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Through six Manny is definitely winning - but Margarito is not going away. Good fight so far.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast