Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4154204229244250251252253254
Results 3,796 to 3,805 of 3805

Re: Talk about Rankings (TAR :))

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    It's like Freddy Kruger. Why can't she go away?
    Freddy, Federer; potato, patata.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

This is going to be a very interesting year. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy was the only one of the Big 4 in the top 4 at year's end, but nor would I be surprised if the Big 4 were together again one more time.

Roger will play IW and Miami with nothing to defend, Nadal defending 370 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    This is going to be a very interesting year. I wouldn't be surprised if Andy was the only one of the Big 4 in the top 4 at year's end, but nor would I be surprised if the Big 4 were together again one more time.

Roger will play IW and Miami with nothing to defend, Nadal defending 370 combined.
    I could see them all getting into the top 5 along with Wawrinka, but I can't see both of them gaining enough points to bump him out.

I also don't see any possible way that Djokovic falls out of the top 4. He has more than double the points of #5 Nishikori. He'd barely drop below him even if he didn't play until after Wimbledon. His athleticism and high percentage tennis will earn him plenty of points. He'll be relieved to get back to hard courts that aren't faster than Wimbledon.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    I also don't see any possible way that Djokovic falls out of the top 4. He has more than double the points of #5 Nishikori. He'd barely drop below him even if he didn't play until after Wimbledon.
    That can't be right. Can that be right? I think most of Novak's points are from the first half of the year, up to the French. He has 5600 points dropping off from now through the French. Nishikori has, like 1500? Nishikori doesn't have to outplay Novak by very much to catch him by the French. Then it gets trickier of course, but Novak is slumping and I think his head space remains a big question mark. If he doesn't make semis or better at IW and Miami, I doubt he'll salvage a very good year. And if Nishikori breaks down again, there's always Thiem, Dimitrov, Goffin, who are ready to have a top-5 season.

Of course Novak is not guaranteed to have a top four season (no one is), but I also don't agree that IW and Miami are that important to him. His game is very versatile and he won't be hindered by any particular surface. We are judging too much from one tournament. A week before he won a title...
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    That can't be right. Can that be right? I think most of Novak's points are from the first half of the year, up to the French. He has 5600 points dropping off from now through the French. Nishikori has, like 1500? Nishikori doesn't have to outplay Novak by very much to catch him by the French. Then it gets trickier of course, but Novak is slumping and I think his head space remains a big question mark. If he doesn't make semis or better at IW and Miami, I doubt he'll salvage a very good year. And if Nishikori breaks down again, there's always Thiem, Dimitrov, Goffin, who are ready to have a top-5 season.
    After this week, Djokovic will be leading #5 Nishikori by 5200 points. Like you pointed out, that's around what he's defending for the next half of the year. Anything he earns during that time will be his buffer.

Anyway, the rumors of Djokovic's demise are exaggerated. He just beat Murray, and while the AO was lackluster, it's not unheard of for a top player to lose to a cannon server on a fast court. I think it's silly to imagine him being outperformed by any of the young guns mentioned.

When was the last time Djokovic was outside the top 4 or top 3?

I looked up his rankings history here: link.

March 2011 was the last time he was outside the top 2.
    October 2009 was the last time he was outside the top 3.
    June 2007 was the last time he was outside the top 4.

He's no longer untouchable, but he didn't get amnesia and four amputations. He'll still win lots of tennis matches.

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

You're livin' in the past Charlie! Look to the future... I mean, of course he's had a solid and consistent run. So did Roger, so did Rafa... until they slumped. I'm not saying he WILL drop, I'm just saying based on the last 8 months, I won't be surprised if he does.

If you look at the live rankings (link), Thiem is in danger of falling out of top ten this week. If he does, the youngest member of the top ten will be 26 years old.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

He has to win Rio to stay in top 10 not an easy task . I like this site site for atp live ranking http://www.openerarankings.com/Home

Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4154204229244250251252253254