Agree Agree:  126
Likes Likes:  192
Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 123456122752102252 ... LastLast

Re: Talk about Rankings (TAR :))

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Don't let Salmon read this, lest he gets on you for saying he bugs you...what with him confessing that he loves Murray and all

Venus moved up from no.7 to no.6, I just noticed. She'll probably drop down after AI and Charleston (assuming she withdraws from Charleston as well).
    Don't worry Salmon! He got a new clay court coach for the next few months, so he'll probably go deep at the French.

I saw that Venus moved up to 6. If she does well at the French maybe she can hit number five for a few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by luvs10s View Post
    Erakovic hits career high ranking of 86

New Zealand women's tennis No 1 Marina Erakovic begins her preparations for the French Open as the second seed at a $US75,000 ($NZ96,215) tournament in Monzon, Spain this week.
    She's been doing well ever since she made the semis at Auckland, taking out Zvonareva in the quarters in a third set tiebreaker. I saw the match online. She was helped by the home crowd, but she has some very big shots. I wonder how high she can go.

tim henman is still our 5th highest ranked man , that makes me laugh . i think virginia wade is still our best female player

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post

I saw that Venus moved up to 6. If she does well at the French maybe she can hit number five for a few weeks!
    As you know, it depends on how much Venus plays b/w now and Roladn Garros.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

It's going to take me a few days to come to accept Mathieu's ranking.
    Actually, Tsonga's getting into that Marion Bartoli territory, too, if he doesn't step it up soon.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie181 View Post
    Don't let Salmon read this, lest he gets on you for saying he bugs you...what with him confessing that he loves Murray and all

Venus moved up from no.7 to no.6, I just noticed. She'll probably drop down after AI and Charleston (assuming she withdraws from Charleston as well).
    It'll be short-lived, I'm afraid. She'll lose enough points this week to drop her back down to #7. I'm pretty sure Chakvetadze isn't defending anything this week, but I haven't checked.

She has GOT to play Charleston if at all possible. She's the defending finalist. If she misses it as well, then I'm pretty sure she's out of the top 10.

And her only other event before Roland Garros is Rome... She's not defending her points from Warsaw and Instanbul. Not that there are very many to defend.

Venus has GOT to get her act together, put some meat on those bones (ENOUGH GRAPES, GIRL!), and stay healthy. And she's going to need a monstrous Roland Garros to help offset the points she won't be able to defend at Wimbledon (my even year theory).
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    It'll be short-lived, I'm afraid. She'll lose enough points this week to drop her back down to #7. I'm pretty sure Chakvetadze isn't defending anything this week, but I haven't checked.

She has GOT to play Charleston if at all possible. She's the defending finalist. If she misses it as well, then I'm pretty sure she's out of the top 10.

And her only other event before Roland Garros is Rome... She's not defending her points from Warsaw and Instanbul. Not that there are very many to defend.

Venus has GOT to get her act together, put some meat on those bones (ENOUGH GRAPES, GIRL!), and stay healthy. And she's going to need a monstrous Roland Garros to help offset the points she won't be able to defend at Wimbledon (my even year theory).

No, she's not, she's a defending semifinalist. I have beaten Dry on Venus trivia. Bwahahaha!!!!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    No, she's not, she's a defending semifinalist. I have beaten Dry on Venus trivia. Bwahahaha!!!!
    You're right! Well done! Actually, it was an easy mistake on my part, given the insignificance of the final that emerged. Her SF with Jankovic was the REAL final.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    You're right! Well done! Actually, it was an easy mistake on my part, given the insignificance of the final that emerged. Her SF with Jankovic was the REAL final.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    You're welcome.

Charleston points come off this week. Venus will be back to #7, Jankovic to #4 (#5 if Maria gets to the final). Dani will overtake Serena if she gets to SF.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Charleston points come off this week. Venus will be back to #7, Jankovic to #4 (#5 if Maria gets to the final). Dani will overtake Serena if she gets to SF.
    Thanks. I keep forgetting everything is a week off.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy2007 View Post
    tim henman is still our 5th highest ranked man , that makes me laugh . i think virginia wade is still our best female player

Take heart, Elena Baltacha has just won her second Challenger in recent weeks! Now if your ladies would just show some consistency --- Melanie South was doing well, but faded --- as did Katie O'Brien ---

SP Creator
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Janko gets to the Quarterfinals of a Masters Series event, and only moves up three slots in the rankings. PEHK on the other hand, loses in his first match, and still goes up two spots.

What it means...both these men have hit career high rankings this week. PEHK is #25, Tipsy is #38.

Tipsy could be positioned for a nice shot at a seeding come RG...he's got 15 points from Casablanca and a Challengers title (and 60 points) from Zagreb between now and the French to defend. With his rise in the rankings, he should be playing all 3 Masters Series events, so will have a shot at earning a lot more points this Spring.
    With Lucas Pouille at Indian Wells (2018)

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

That would be something if Janko was seeded at the French.

Del Potro is almost out of the top 100.

Page 2 of 300 FirstFirst 123456122752102252 ... LastLast