Page 198 of 221 FirstFirst ... 98148173188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3308

Re: Talk about Rankings (TAR :))

Mardy Fish is the top ranked American man, again

Not for much longer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Not for much longer I think.
    He only has 100 points to defend before Roland Garros compared to 55 from Isner, which leaves him ahead by 60, but you're still probably right.
    Go Pack Go!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Raonic's victory over Murray today guarantees that he will reach a new career high in the rankings next week (will be 23rd if he loses in the semi, 20th if he gets to the final).

However, even BEFORE today's match, he had only 75 (that's not a typo, 75, as in 70 + 5) points to defend from now until the end of September. That's five months, which includes three majors and four 1000-level tournaments, plus the Olympics. He really wouldn't need to win a match for that whole period, and he'd still essentially maintain his current ranking points (one gets 10 points for a first round loss at the majors and 1000's). So every match he does win, will directly add rankings points onto his total. It will be fun seeing how far he can move up. (He moved up to 10th in the race rankings with today's victory).

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Unretired Paola Suarez is up to 79 in doubles with about 1000 pts. Not sure if it's the same for dubs but she needs about 600 pts to be ranked in the 55 area. It would be a great story if she got a medal at the Olympics.
    There is a special provision for top 10 doubles players. So Suarez will only need Dulko to be in the top 10 .

World Ranking, 11 June 2012
    The ITF will select doubles teams from doubles nominations received from NOCs/National Associations for
    direct acceptance, taking into account the recognised international singles and doubles computer rankings of
    11 June 2012 and the number and names of players already accepted into the singles events. A maximum
    of 4 players, 2 doubles teams, from any one NOC may compete in the men’s and women’s doubles events.
    Any doubles players ranked 10 or better based on the recognised international computer ranking of 11 June
    2012 will have direct qualification for the doubles event, providing:
    i) their nominated partner has a recognised international singles or doubles ranking on 11 June
    ii) they and their partner have been nominated as a doubles team by their respective NOC/national
    association, and
    iii) the nomination does not bring the total number of competitors from that country to more than six
    http://2012.itftennis.com/media/80030/80030.pdf

(6)

Blog Entries

I read somewhere that Fed will go up to Number 2 if he wins Madrid.

That is so, but Nadal can get it back by winning Rome next week (by just 30 points if Roger is the finalist). If Roger doesn't win tomorrow then Rafa only needs to match his Rome result to secure #2 seeding for RG.

Blog Entries

Et voilà! Roger upto 2. Even if its just for a week maybe.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Milos is a top-20 player!
    “I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know.” - Andy Roddick

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sblanc View Post
    Et voilà! Roger upto 2. Even if its just for a week maybe.
    He only has R2 points to defend in Rome, Nadal was RUP last year. Assuming Fed withdraws, Rafa has to at least repeat that result to get it back.

Edit: Aaaand I see Suliso explained this up above. Never mind.
    Last edited by Woody; 05-13-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    “I put in the work and wanted it so badly but this guy is the best for a reason. He is such a complete player ... maybe I'll just punch him or something, I don't know.” - Andy Roddick

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Actually, there are no Rome points to defend. The schedule this year is one week behind last year. Fed goes into this tournament 370 points ahead of Rafa.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    Actually, there are no Rome points to defend. The schedule this year is one week behind last year. Fed goes into this tournament 370 points ahead of Rafa.
    Oh weird. Is this because of the Olympics in the sched? So there are no points coming off this week? Gotta say then, I'll be shocked if Fed takes the week off.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

At this point, nothing to do with the Olympics. Simply a matter of the year being 52 weeks and 1 1/4 days long. The rankings cover the last 52 weeks, so every few years, the schedule runs one week later. The schedule was in sync with last year through Miami, but since then, tournaments have been contested a week earlier. The Olympics will make its own mess on the summer schedule, I expect.

Grand Slam Champion owendonovan's Avatar

So is Fed an automatic #2 seed now at the French? If so, does that mean a Djoker/Nadal semi or a Fed/Nadal semi?
    Open wide.

Quote Originally Posted by owendonovan View Post
    So is Fed an automatic #2 seed now at the French? If so, does that mean a Djoker/Nadal semi or a Fed/Nadal semi?
    If Roger is seeded 2, then Nadal is 3, and his spot is chosen at random. So it is Nadal that has to go through both Novak and Roger to defend his title.
    Which side he will be on will be the luck of the draw.
    Last edited by ponchi101; 05-18-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    50 ways to leave your (non) lover: "I hope you understand me when I say it was torture having met you"

Page 198 of 221 FirstFirst ... 98148173188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast