• Kirkus

Published on 06-27-2014 12:04 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. USTA
    USTA Logo

Five additional Sectional Qualifying Tournaments were completed this week, advancing 20 additional players to the 2014 US Open National Playoffs – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles Championships in August. Below are the winners from each event.

USTA Northern California – Chamisal Tennis & Fitness Club; Salinas, Calif.

MEN’S SINGLES: David Hsu, 18, San Jose, Calif.
    --- Hsu will be competing for Stanford starting next fall. He won the 2013 state Central Coast Section tennis singles title in California while in high school.

WOMEN’S SINGLES: Michaela Gordon, 14, Saratoga, Calif.
    --- Gordon is a standout junior player, who reached the semifinals of the Easter Bowl in 2013 and 2014. She has also competed in the qualifying or main draw of all four junior Grand Slam events, advancing to the third round of the junior US Open last year. She has ranked as high as No. 56 in ...
    Published on 06-18-2014 12:10 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. USTA
    USTA Logo

The USTA Eastern, USTA Southern California and USTA New England Sectional Qualifying Tournaments were completed this weekend, advancing 12 additional players to the 2014 US Open National Playoffs – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles Championships in August. Below are the winners from each event.

USTA Eastern – USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center; Flushing, N.Y.
  • Recent Forum Posts

Ti-Amie

Re: Davis Cup 2019

Christopher Clarey
    @christophclarey

It's 1:25 a.m. in Madrid. Only honor is at stake and the Americans and Italians are preparing to

Ti-Amie Today, 05:45 PM Go to last post
    JazzNU

It's on now.

Yesterday they showed snowboarding in between the tennis matches with not a notice of any kind after the first match or during

JazzNU Today, 05:36 PM Go to last post
    Ti-Amie

Davis Cup by Rakuten Madrid Finals
    @DavisCupFinals

Australia’s retirement while leading 1-0 in the doubles means a 6-0 6-0 win

Ti-Amie Today, 05:25 PM Go to last post
    Ti-Amie

Randy Walker
    @TennisPublisher

I texted a source in Madrid with the US contingent to find out that, indeed, the US-Italy dubs will be

Ti-Amie Today, 05:18 PM Go to last post
    JazzNU

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Roger, Juan Martin and Sascha. This is at the exhibition match that Delpo was supposed to play in before he was injured.

JazzNU Today, 04:09 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Blog Posts

ponchi101

Logbook to the middle ages. END

I sit at the Nene Theresa airport. It is early in the morning and I wait for my plane to land, turnaround and take me back home. As I suspected, the Nene Theresa is clean and shiny but at this time...

ponchi101 09-22-2019 07:55 AM
    ponchi101

Logbook to the middle ages. XIX

I spend my last afternoon in Albania roaming the streets of downtown Tirana.
    As I was driven there I could see a more modern side of the country. The road became a serviceable two lane highway, with...

ponchi101 09-21-2019 08:41 AM
    ponchi101

Logbook to the middle ages. XVIII

And on my last Sunday in Berat I went to church.
    I woke up early and strolled the same boulevard that on every night is full of people, teeming with excitement and joy. But in the early hours of the...

ponchi101 09-19-2019 08:30 AM
    ponchi101

Logbook to the middle ages. XVII

There is no discrimination in discriminating. Everybody can do it and everybody is actually very good at it.
    The company I work with is French. We are joined to an Italian outfit and the supervisory...

ponchi101 09-17-2019 08:17 AM
    ponchi101

Logbook to the middle ages. XVI

But what about this thing that I do? This thing that I and my friends do.
    I start talking with one of the old guys (older than me, that is, as I am already a senior in these matters) and we talk...

ponchi101 09-15-2019 09:05 AM