PDA

View Full Version : The Mad Dash to Miami Lounge

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Talk about your 12-woman team... Drink off a shameful selection... Talk trash about your team (but not TOO much :) )... Interact with other contest participants...

And remember, the juke box from hell will travel to each tournament site, so don't forget to use it!

Have fun!

Madame
01-28-2008, 08:26 AM
I hate girls ...
totally unpredictable .....
and I don't like either Henin nor Sharpie ... :mad:
and the french are lousy this year ... :(

I am going to play Serb power ....

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I hate girls ...

Sounds like a plan, Madame! Moose will no doubt do the same, so make sure you pick better Category B-D players than he does. ;)

That's one of the things that's really dicey about women's fantasy tennis... You can pick an awesome team... And then none of them show.

Dry

patrick
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I hate girls ...

Agree that the WTA is unpredictable. May consider Serb power:confused:

Jay
01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
The Jukebox from hell has a snazy new look :)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7488/jukeboxstation1ja4.jpg

oohsalmon
01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Its just not a Miami Lounge without a Neon Flamingo!
http://www.neonartworks.com/images/flamingo.jpg
That's better.

JTContinental
01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Since I seem to do poorly with players that I love, I'm contemplating picking a team of all players that I loathe or care nothing for.

I'll probably finish last anyway, but by doing this, I can ensure a stellar actual dash to Miami for Venus.

Martini4me
02-04-2008, 08:17 AM
We all have the same team!!

Well, not exactly, but there are some big similarities. Favourite picks among the A players are Chakvetadze (30 picks out of 42 teams), Hantuchova (30) and Henin (29). Dementieva had 13 picks, Sharapova had 7, and seven others had 1-4. Kuznetsova, Venus Williams and Schnyder got the cold soldier.

Popular B's were Azarenka (28), Li (25), Alona Bondarenko (16), Szavay (14) and Radwanska (11). 16 of the 25 players were chosen.

The least consensus was among the C players. Peng (19) and Davenport (18) had the most picks among the 20 of 30 players chosen at least once. The top three "seeds" in the group (Garbin, Paszek and Kateryna Bondarenko) had 12-13 picks each.

Pin (25) and Domachowska (21) dominated the D category picks. Again, players near the top of the group (Kanepi, Zakapalova, Pironkova) were popular, although no. 100 Olga Poutchkova garnered 5 choices. Sympathy picks for that horrid AO picture? 21 of 30 players made a team.

Madame
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
nice statistics. Thanks martini :)

so it will be very subtle diferences between the winner and the rest ...
everything will be played in the changes !!!

shtexas
02-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I felt like an idiot picking Petrova instead of Hantuchova. But, I wanted to be a little bit different. I also held off on Henin until later.

kandi
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Here I am, one of the first losers for MDM -
Eleni Daniilidou d Victoria Azarenka 26 62 75 -- I had Vicki of course. :(

Is it too early in the morning for a nice cold beer?

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 09:29 AM

It's 12:30 p.m. here, kandi. Maybe you should move to the east coast? ;)

BTW, I put Azarenka on my team, too... Yesterday. :mad:

Dry

Jay
02-04-2008, 09:32 AM

ugh. Me too :(

No, it's not :)
It's never too early for alcohol! :)
http://www.splitbrain.org/_media/projects/beer.jpg

patrick
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM

Eleni, with her underacheiving self with Top 10 game, had to show up in the last 2 sets.

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
My general experience has been that, if you view the morning as an extension of the night before, there's no such thing as "too early for alcohol"... ;)

Aziza
02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Eleni, with her underacheiving self with Top 10 game, had to show up in the last 2 sets.

I hope her under-achieving self finds her top 10 game! Having said that how about a chocolate shake for lunch!

Jay
02-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I hope her under-achieving self finds her top 10 game! Having said that how about a chocolate shake for lunch!

No Prob! chocolate shake coming right up! :)
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1056/40062334pe3.jpg

Martini4me
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
so it will be very subtle diferences between the winner and the rest ...
everything will be played in the changes !!!

Certainly, timing will be crucial. But also, this is where the teams with the less common players hope to pick up points. You hope a "favourite" goes down ....

(You and 2/3 of the MDM teams!)

... and there's the chance to pick up points on a big pack of teams. Unfortunately, the only two Daniilidou pickers also had Azarenka, so they don't get a big edge on the "pack".

I was going to try to see who the most and least typical teams. I'll try to get to that.

Charlie02123
02-04-2008, 10:15 AM
My general experience has been that, if you view the morning as an extension of the night before, there's no such thing as "too early for alcohol"... ;)

I LOVE IT! I'm a big fan of starting early (doesn't mess up your biological clock by staying up until 4).

Well, not exactly, but there are some big similarities. Favourite picks among the A players are Chakvetadze (30 picks out of 42 teams), Hantuchova (30) and Henin (29). Dementieva had 13 picks, Sharapova had 7, and seven others had 1-4. Kuznetsova, Venus Williams and Schnyder got the cold soldier.

Popular B's were Azarenka (28), Li (25), Alona Bondarenko (16), Szavay (14) and Radwanska (11). 16 of the 25 players were chosen.

The least consensus was among the C players. Peng (19) and Davenport (18) had the most picks among the 20 of 30 players chosen at least once. The top three "seeds" in the group (Garbin, Paszek and Kateryna Bondarenko) had 12-13 picks each.

Pin (25) and Domachowska (21) dominated the D category picks. Again, players near the top of the group (Kanepi, Zakapalova, Pironkova) were popular, although no. 100 Olga Poutchkova garnered 5 choices. Sympathy picks for that horrid AO picture? 21 of 30 players made a team.

For the A group, I had the most common picks: Henin, Hantuchova, and Chakvetadze. Hantuchova and Chakvetadze are the top seeds this week, are both playing next week, and will play at Indian Wells.

Henin's playing next week, and I assume she's playing Doha and Dubai, both of which she won last year. She's not playing Indian Wells, though. I think once we get to Indian Wells is when all of the trading will begin. I'll trade Henin and one of the other two (probably Chakvetadze) for two new A players. Maybe the serbians, maybe one and Kuznetsova. That's when the diversity will kick in.

For B's, I have the popular choices of Szavay and Bondarenko, but my third choice was Bammer. She's seeded next week, and she made the semis of IW last year. I'm not sure why Azarenka and Na Li were so popular. Azarenka is playing this week and next week, but she's not seeded in either one. Na Li started off with a bang, but she's fizzled since. I don't trust her, but I suppose she could pay off. Like Bammer, she made the semis of IW last year.

Charlie02123
02-04-2008, 10:22 AM

For C I went with Garbin, Paszek, and Davenport. Garbin has a winnable match this week, and is playing next week. She'll also be seeded at IW (as long as one player pulls out), and played surprisingly well there and at Miami last year. Paszek and Davenport are pretty obvious picks, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get seeded at IW or even Miami too.

For D I went with Zakopalova, Pin, and Kanepi. Kanepi's the top "D" seed and did well at IW and Miami last year. Zakopalova was in the final round of qualifying this week, so I thought there was a good chance she'd make the main draw and get me at least a point (she did win her Q match, so she's in the main draw). Pin's in the main draw this week and was a winnable match, although she doesn't have a great history at IW or Miami.

Aziza
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks Jessie:kiss:

nelslus
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
damnitstraighttohell, I originally put Srebotnik in, then dumped her.

Stupid Azarenka.

kandi
02-04-2008, 11:14 AM
So that's why Srebotnik won, because you dumped her, Nelslus ~~

nelslus
02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
So that's why Srebotnik won, because you dumped her, Nelslus ~~

Stupid Nelslus' Murphy's Law. :mad:

Tscott415
02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Certainly, timing will be crucial. But also, this is where the teams with the less common players hope to pick up points. You hope a "favourite" goes down ....

(You and 2/3 of the MDM teams!)

... and there's the chance to pick up points on a big pack of teams. Unfortunately, the only two Daniilidou pickers also had Azarenka, so they don't get a big edge on the "pack".

I was going to try to see who the most and least typical teams. I'll try to get to that.
Why, why am i so dumb not to look at draws...

nelslus
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Why, why am i so dumb not to look at draws...

Contrary to what Jessie would say- this is a case where you shouldn't beat yourself up. After all, you've only got one draw to look at with this contest. Which is why some of us no doubt picked the esteemed Zakapalova- who KNOWS if that one potential point she might give you could make a difference?!?!

Still, for what it's worth, I didn't go by too much with this draw- even in a case where one of your players might beat another one with this current draw. I instead tried to pick players who I thought would play a bunch, and leave some wiggle room when we all dump the likes of Anna C. and Hantuchova.

patrick
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Contrary to what Jessie would say- this is a case where you shouldn't beat yourself up. After all, you've only got one draw to look at with this contest. Which is why some of us no doubt picked the esteemed Zakapalova- who KNOWS if that one potential point she might give you could make a difference?!?!

Still, for what it's worth, I didn't go by too much with this draw- even in a case where one of your players might beat another one with this current draw. I instead tried to pick players who I thought would play a bunch, and leave some wiggle room when we all dump the likes of Anna C. and Hantuchova.

I did the same thing on picking players who will play a lot and left some room for subs.

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I did the same thing on picking players who will play a lot and left some room for subs.

Then the unanticipated, unexplained withdrawals will hit you pretty hard. :p

Dry

patrick
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Then the unanticipated, unexplained withdrawals will hit you pretty hard. :p

Dry

Is that the reason we have substitutes or the w/d will happen after we made all of our subs?

GVGirl
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm putting in my request to hear (and see) Going to Miami by Will Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZycIXjmBg

oqZycIXjmBg

Charlie02123
02-04-2008, 03:00 PM

She also gets main entry into Indian Wells (as do the top 8 "D"s).

That's what pushed me over the edge.

nelslus
02-04-2008, 03:11 PM
She also gets main entry into Indian Wells (as do the top 8 "D"s).

That's what pushed me over the edge.

? OK, I'm apparently dense today....she gets an IW Wild card because......?

Tscott415
02-04-2008, 03:13 PM

I think her ranking is high enough to get direct acceptance into the MD

Charlie02123
02-04-2008, 03:23 PM

Yahtzee.

nelslus
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM

yep, i am officially dense today.....

Charlie02123
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
yep, i am officially dense today.....

Just think of it as the wildcard of a consistently mediocre ranking.

Besides, density is a virtue for all kinds of things!

:)

Jack
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
My secret for this contest was to spend three minutes making my picks so if I lose I can blame the fact that I didn't spend any time on this.

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
My secret for this contest was to spend three minutes making my picks so if I lose I can blame the fact that I didn't spend any time on this.

I hear Robby Ginepri approaches his matches the same way. :thumbsup:

So I guess that means you'll make the final four of a fantasy tournament and then summarily fade away into oblivion. My condolences, Jack.

Dry

Jay
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Me too! I, for whatever reason, thought play started earlier than it did.

Foxykhat
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM

ROFL I know!!!

Foxy

Jay
02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
Is that the reason we have substitutes?

From my understanding of substitutes, we have them because it gives you another chance to stay in contention for a medal (or to even stay alive, really). If one of your players is dead weight for whatever reason (withdraws or just overall sucks), you have a chance to trade them in for a player you think would do a better job. The fun part is seeing whether they help you immensely (like winning a title or two after you pick them), or whether they suck even harder than the person you traded "up" for (They get injured and withdraw right away..or just plain suck). :D (and in some cases, as I have seen, sometimes the player you traded wins a bunch after you trade them in! To me, those are reserved to the TATlakes:))

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
From my understanding of substitutes, we have them because it gives you another chance to stay in contention for a medal (or to even stay alive, really). If one of your players is dead weight for whatever reason (withdraws or just overall sucks), you have a chance to trade them in for a player you think would do a better job. The fun part is seeing whether they help you immensely (like winning a title or two after you pick them), or whether they suck even harder than the person you traded "up" for (They get injured and withdraw right away..or just plain suck). :D (and in some cases, as I have seen, sometimes the player you traded wins a bunch after you trade them in! To me, those are reserved to the TATlakes:))

Or, in my case, you just use subs because they're, well, there... :rolleyes:

Dry

suliso
02-04-2008, 07:19 PM

Dry

Same here and usually I only trade top category players.

Jay
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM

Dry
Me too! :p

I have been in the position, however, where I got to see the person I traded win a week right after.

I wanted to throw him in the TATlake :mad::bat:

GVGirl
02-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Is the bar open yet? I need a hurricane.:)

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Same here and usually I only trade top category players.

Yeah, right before they pull out with a hangnail in the left big toe.... :rolleyes:

Dry

suliso
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah, right before they pull out with a hangnail in the left big toe.... :rolleyes:

Dry

I don't use those kind of players :cool:

dryrunguy
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't use those kind of players :cool:

Of course not, suliso! You and I (and many others) rest our hopes of intelligencia on the mental giant known as Daniella Hantuchova! :cheesy:

:wall::wall::wall:

Dry

Jay
02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Is the bar open yet? I need a hurricane.:)
It is :)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/Drinkit/hurricane.jpg

GVGirl
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
It is :)
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/Drinkit/hurricane.jpg

Thank you! Yum!

nelslus
02-05-2008, 10:27 AM
CRAP, Pin-head, you can't win just ONE freakin' match?!??!

My team is seriously headed to suck-dom early. I DEMAND A RECOUNT. :(

Jay
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Thank you! Yum!
your welcome :)

I've never had a hurricane, so I wasn't sure whether that was one or not :p

Is it good? I wouldn't know :p

JTContinental
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
CRAP, Pin-head, you can't win just ONE freakin' match?!??!

My team is seriously headed to suck-dom early. I DEMAND A RECOUNT. :(

Meanwhile she goes down to my sweet Cibulkova. After seeing Pin serve at the AO, I'll never know how she ended up on so many people's team.

suliso
02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Meanwhile she goes down to my sweet Cibulkova. After seeing Pin serve at the AO, I'll never know how she ended up on so many people's team.

What are you talking about? Pin's serve is money!!!

She even served one ace last year...

JTContinental
02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
She even served one ace last year...

LOL...it must have been while her opponent was bent over to tie her shoe.

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 10:51 AM

She still got me a point! That's better than many D players.

I was happy to see that Szavay and Garbin won their first matches. I'm two for three today!

shtexas
02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
I have both Petrova and K. Bondarenko. I win and lose, no matter what. (But, I think Petrova could go deep at this event, so...)

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I have both Petrova and K. Bondarenko. I win and lose, no matter what. (But, I think Petrova could go deep at this event, so...)

She could also go off the deep end.

shtexas
02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
She could also go off the deep end.

LOL! And Petrova did. K. Bondarenko to the next round. :shocked:

Martini4me
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
I've lost three (Knapp, Gu and Pin) already today!

I checked to see who ahs the most and least "mainstream"l teams. Nelslus by far went with the most popular players. Wozniacki was his only underdog; Zakaplova (by one pick) was his only other choice who wasn't one of the three most common picks in her category. Next were tscott, Drop_shot and dry. Peterskan, jkfriedman and jjnow were those who most went their own way when choosing a team.

What does this mean? Nothing much, but (at least until people start making trades), nelslus is almost sure to be in the pack when it come to scores. Peterskan, jk and jj could be anywhere, but have a much better possibility of being way ahead or way behind.

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
LOL! And Petrova did. K. Bondarenko to the next round. :shocked:

She was up 4-2 in the third and had a few break points to serve at 5-2. Typical.

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Still love ya, though, Nadia!

(I'm just not going to kid myself by picking you for many contests.)

Tscott415
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM

I checked to see who ahs the most and least "mainstream"l teams. Nelslus by far went with the most popular players. Wozniacki was his only underdog; Zakaplova (by one pick) was his only other choice who wasn't one of the three most common picks in her category. Next were tscott, Drop_shot and dry. Peterskan, jkfriedman and jjnow were those who most went their own way when choosing a team.

What does this mean? Nothing much, but (at least until people start making trades), nelslus is almost sure to be in the pack when it come to scores. Peterskan, jk and jj could be anywhere, but have a much better possibility of being way ahead or way behind.

Now i wonder if this will help or hurt me...i guess we shall see...but allez Eleni! if she does well she can rack up some points for me

dryrunguy
02-05-2008, 12:08 PM

You know, I should probably be getting started on working on this contest... Yawn.

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Jay
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
You know, I should probably be getting started on working on this contest... Yawn.

I'm still waiting for that spreadsheet, slut. ;) (I kid , I kid. No rush )

Now i wonder if this will help or hurt me...i guess we shall see...but allez Eleni! if she does well she can rack up some points for me

I think it will probably help you more than hurt you. If you do bad, that would mean that most people are doing bad as well. However, if you do well, that would mean most other people are doing well as well. The players you picked who other people didn't really need to come through for you for you to medal or get some sort of lead, I suppose.

JTContinental
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Aren't those the names of the Teletubbies?

Charlie02123
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Aren't those the names of the Teletubbies?

Yeah, how did La La do in her match today?

JTContinental
02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, how did La La do in her match today?

B. Bird d. L. La 6-1, 6-3

oohsalmon
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
B. Bird d. L. La 6-1, 6-3

Po(-Messerli) has held the #1 ranking among Teletubbies for a long time anyhow.

Foxykhat
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Still love ya, though, Nadia!

(I'm just not going to kid myself by picking you for many contests.)

It might help her then, worked for me when I turned my back on Venus.

BTW I thought Pin was money, sound as a pound but I guess not.

First Vika, and now Pin. Not looking good so far.

Foxy

oohsalmon
02-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Add Alona to the early list of popular flops in Paris.

Though Razzano is a very tough first round.

Scotty
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM

Allez Virginie!

oohsalmon
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Way to get broken back, Zakopalova :mad:.

Aziza
02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
It might help her then, worked for me when I turned my back on Venus.

BTW I thought Pin was money, sound as a pound but I guess not.

First Vika, and now Pin. Not looking good so far.

Foxy

Pin is money, she just happens to be the dollar.

Aziza
02-06-2008, 08:57 AM

Blah! Hehe! Oh well, the players lose and I get a milkshake from the loser's lounge. A lose-win situation!!

oohsalmon
02-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Blah! Hehe! Oh well, the players lose and I get a milkshake from the loser's lounge. A lose-win situation!!

I gotta tell ya, Aziza, if you stick with that diet for the remainder of your fantasy tennis career, you're gonna need a gastric bypass.

At least judging by my past results, a healthier strategy would be to have a milkshake every time one of your players manages a win.

Martini4me
02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
What a brutal start!! 2 first-round byes, 3 sitting out this week, and 6 first-round losses. Only Szavay has managed to win a match for me so far.

suliso
02-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Alize is about to finish off Zakopalova.

10 with Zakopalova, 5 with Cornet - good result for me :)

patrick
02-06-2008, 10:14 AM
What a brutal start!! 2 first-round byes, 3 sitting out this week, and 6 first-round losses. Only Szavay has managed to win a match for me so far.

Well, we are in the same league this week - 3 first-round byes, 1 sitting out this week, 1 playing in Pattaya, 1 did not qualify for Paris, 5 first-round losses.

Aziza
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I gotta tell ya, Aziza, if you stick with that diet for the remainder of your fantasy tennis career, you're gonna need a gastric bypass.

At least judging by my past results, a healthier strategy would be to have a milkshake every time one of your players manages a win.

I am hoping that since I must run to get places on time I can have a few!

Yippee! Alize

Jay
02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I am hoping that since I must run to get places on time I can have a few!

Yippee! Alize

Cheers to that! :D
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/39/17/23261739.jpg

Aziza
02-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Cheers to that! :D
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/39/17/23261739.jpg

Thank You Jessie!!1:kiss:

NP: Demons by Guster

Jack
02-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Pin is so money, and she doesn't even know it.

mysterX
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM

Camille Penny???

She was good for about one point for me :)

oploskoffie
02-08-2008, 06:54 AM

Speaking of money... $zavay just made my day :D

Scotty
02-08-2008, 08:06 AM

I'm VERY excited that Agi appears to have found her game again. Fear of her 2008 start and rumors of injury/pull-out prevented me from picking a fave on my MDtM team, but I'm delighted with her results anyway!

patrick
02-08-2008, 08:24 AM

Not mine:mad:

e11even
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm VERY excited that Agi appears to have found her game again. Fear of her 2008 start and rumors of injury/pull-out prevented me from picking a fave on my MDtM team, but I'm delighted with her results anyway!

It remains to be seen if she'll show up in the same form next week (Pattaya this week doesn't count in MDtM anyway). But I do hope so because she's in my team. :)

suliso
02-08-2008, 11:59 AM
It remains to be seen if she'll show up in the same form next week (Pattaya this week doesn't count in MDtM anyway). But I do hope so because she's in my team. :)

Agi = Agnes Szavay and she is playing in Paris this week and she is on may team too :D

Tscott415
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
Not mine:mad:

Stupid injury rumors made me take her off thinking she might withdraw

oploskoffie
02-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm only now finding out about the Agnes injury rumors. If I'd paid any attention to tennis news these past two weeks, I'd have never picked her :o Ah, well, guess this is how it is meant to go :cool:

patrick
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm only now finding out about the Agnes injury rumors. If I'd paid any attention to tennis news these past two weeks, I'd have never picked her :o Ah, well, guess this is how it is meant to go :cool:

What is the injury rumor on Agnes? Knew that she did not play much last fall due to the injury bug after beating Jelena to win Beijing.

pingponger
02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Woohoo!! :cheesy:

Shvedova def Bammer!

Go Yaroslava!

suliso
02-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I didn't pick Peng - possibly the only mistake I avoided :rolleyes:

patrick
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I didn't pick Peng - possibly the only mistake I avoided :rolleyes:

Ever since she beat Clijsters in San Diego during the 2005 season, Peng has gone downhill. Told my sister at that time that this is a career match for her. Also, my sister was happy that Clijsters lost 'cuz she got tired of seeing her on TV every weekend during the 2005 USO Series.

JTContinental
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey, one of my team members not only played in this week's tournament, but also won a match. Maybe I can double my score to 14 this go around.

dryrunguy
02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Did anyone sub-in Szavay for this week?

Dry

oohsalmon
02-12-2008, 08:46 AM

Dry

:wall:

suliso
02-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Dry

Golden rule of fantasy tennis: NEVER sub-in a mid-level player who did unexpectedly well a week before.

oohsalmon
02-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Golden rule of fantasy tennis: NEVER sub-in a mid-level player who did unexpectedly well a week before.

Well, yeah, but she's also playing a bunch more tournaments and I had to get rid of Safarova who I was an idiot for ever using.

Plus, in EMW, Zuzana followed up her strong performance in the first week at Luxembourg by reaching the first round of Stuttgart. But clearly Agnes is not a player of that same mettle.

dryrunguy
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, yeah, but she's also playing a bunch more tournaments and I had to get rid of Safarova who I was an idiot for ever using.

Plus, in EMW, Zuzana followed up her strong performance in the first week at Luxembourg by reaching the first round of Stuttgart. But clearly Agnes is not a player of that same mettle.

Don't worry about it, salmon! Because this, of course, means that she'll win her next event... ;)

Dry

Jay
02-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Yep. I learned this during EMW last year :p
I kept subbing in people who had done great the week before, ony to see them crash and burn the next week.

oohsalmon
02-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Don't worry about it, salmon! Because this, of course, means that she'll win her next event... ;)

Dry

Yeah I'm really not too bummed about this one. She's in Justine's quarter, who I also subbed in. But if Kleybanova beats Henin too, hell will be raised.

Martini4me
02-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Points for Category B players are hard to come by this week. Among the top picks, Azarenka (28 teams), Radwanska (11) and Mauresmo (8) aren't playing, and Alona Bondarenko (16) and Szavay (14) lost their first match. Only Na Li (25) has one a match.

Actually, now that I look at the draw, I don't think any of the less popular picks are earning any points either. Bammer lost, and I don't think anyone else is playing. So Li's the only one.

(Numbers based on the original team composition, not factoring in trades, if any were made for this week.)

patrick
02-12-2008, 09:49 AM

Dry

I am so glad that I did not make that move after I looked at her schedule for the next 1.5 months.

Charlie02123
02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Points for Category B players are hard to come by this week. Among the top picks, Azarenka (28 teams), Radwanska (11) and Mauresmo (8) aren't playing, and Alona Bondarenko (16) and Szavay (14) lost their first match. Only Na Li (25) has one a match.

Actually, now that I look at the draw, I don't think any of the less popular picks are earning any points either. Bammer lost, and I don't think anyone else is playing. So Li's the only one.

(Numbers based on the original team composition, not factoring in trades, if any were made for this week.)

I have Bondarenko, Szavay, and Bammer. Very dissapointing.

I debated for a long time between Bammer and Na Li. Both made the semis of IW last year. I picked Bammer because I knew she would be seeded this week (Na Li would not have been if it weren't for a pull out), and Bammer has been very consistent, where Na Li has been a roller coaster.

patrick
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I have Bondarenko, Szavay, and Bammer. Very dissapointing.

I debated for a long time between Bammer and Na Li. Both made the semis of IW last year. I picked Bammer because I knew she would be seeded this week (Na Li would not have been if it weren't for a pull out), and Bammer has been very consistent, where Na Li has been a roller coaster.

Picked Li over Bammer 'cuz I believe Bammer had her career year in 2007.

Charlie02123
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Picked Li over Bammer 'cuz I believe Bammer had her career year in 2007.

In retrospect, it looks like you made the right decision.

Drop-shot
02-20-2008, 12:24 PM
3 of my 5 players, thanks to the Bondarenko sisters who withdrew:mad:, have already lost. *sigh*, t'was a fine contest until Doha. :(

patrick
02-20-2008, 12:43 PM
3 of my 5 players, thanks to the Bondarenko sisters who withdrew:mad:, have already lost. *sigh*, t'was a fine contest until Doha. :(

Why are you complaing for? You are in a good position - 2nd place to win the Mad Dash:confused:

Jay
02-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Why are you complaing for? You are in a good position - 2nd place to win the Mad Dash:confused:

Yep, even if you royally screw up in one week but have a score like Drop Shot's, you can still win..or medal :)

Martini4me
02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
SPLAAAATTT!!! (... goes the Kuzzy)

This is what I get for paying attention to everyone saying how lop-sided the draw was, with Sveta on the much easier half.

e11even
02-21-2008, 06:53 AM

This is what I get for paying attention to everyone saying how lop-sided the draw was, with Sveta on the much easier half.

I'm screwed twice over as I wasted a substitution for her, and I predicted her reaching the final. I was a bit skeptical if she could beat Safina or Zvonareva but never did I thought she'll be defeated by Bammer! :mad:

mrjiggyfly2
02-21-2008, 08:53 AM
This is the first time in the last three contests that I've left Cibulkova off my team. :pissedoff::pissedoff:

patrick
02-21-2008, 10:31 AM
This is the first time in the last three contests that I've left Cibulkova off my team. :pissedoff::pissedoff:

Always happens to me also.

patrick
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM

Only positive thing about having Sveta was that the other players I had on my team before I subbed either took off this week or lost early. She better rebound in Dubai next week:mad:

oploskoffie
02-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Na Li is starting to make me angry. Stop beating the top players on my team already!!! :mad:

dryrunguy
02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, jelena turned out to be a waste of a sub... Now I'm stuck with her.

patrick
02-22-2008, 11:12 AM

I am not going to say waste of a sub yet unless Jelena do not improve in Dubai.

Jay
02-22-2008, 11:13 AM
ugh, tell me about it :(

oploskoffie
02-22-2008, 11:52 AM

Look at this in terms of averages. If Jelena makes at least two more semis through the next three tournaments, that's a nice dollop of points. Not saying it WILL happen, but it could, and that's what I'm holding on to :D

pingponger
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Aravane Rezai? Aravane Rezai? Anyone seen Aravane Rezai?
Are you planning on playing ANY MDM tourneys? :bat: You better watch out or I might keep Peng Shuai over you....

......ok....you got me....that was a bluff

mrjiggyfly2
02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I managed to get three out of four semifinalists.

:banana::banana:

patrick
02-22-2008, 02:59 PM
I managed to get three out of four semifinalists.

:banana::banana:

Sounds like you have won the Doha leg of the dash.

mrjiggyfly2
02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
We shall see. I have two more subs left, and I'm not sure what to do yet.

Drop-shot
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Downward spiral continues as Henin and Chaks get ousted of Dubai. Maybe you can screw up one week, but two, oh no. My expectations have gone down the drain that leads to the lake. :(:(

nelslus
02-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Downward spiral continues as Henin and Chaks get ousted of Dubai. Maybe you can screw up one week, but two, oh no. My expectations have gone down the drain that leads to the lake. :(:(

What I figure is- I dared to make a deal with the devil with Justine on Team BPDN. And, this is the appropriate result- I'm gettin' just what I deserve. Because, that little pill HAD to know that I had her on my team, just so that she could drill in the final screw on my chances with this freakin' contest.

I think that I need to substitute my whole team now. :mad:

suliso
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I have both Dementieva and Kuznetsova. So far so good :cool:

Drop-shot
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I have both Dementieva and Kuznetsova. So far so good :cool:

Tis not wise to parade your fortunes in front of the starving ;)

JTContinental
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
What I figure is- I dared to make a deal with the devil with Justine on Team BPDN.

Me too, nelslus. Now this is someone's vengeance.

patrick
02-28-2008, 12:54 PM

Still saying that Jelena was a waste of a sub since she made semis in Dubai?

dryrunguy
02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Still saying that Jelena was a waste of a sub since she made semis in Dubai?

Get back to me on that one tomorrow. :cheesy:

Drop-shot
03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
we have another week before IW right? just wanna know so I make my subs.

Tscott415
03-01-2008, 09:37 AM
we have another week before IW right? just wanna know so I make my subs.

Yes, next week is Bangalore...then IW

patrick
03-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Glad that next week is one of rest for the top players participating at IW and for us Mad Dashers.

Congrats to Elena for winning Dubai but I am taking my :gun: at her for rallying today

oploskoffie
03-02-2008, 12:29 PM
I come online, completely confrazzled about who to pick and the deadline, and it turns out we get a week to reflect on things :p Eh, I just hope Cookie plays in America :rolleyes:

Aziza
03-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, I did it. Used my last sub. I initially was going to wait until Miami and pick the champion Serena Williams but decided with reservations to put Ana Ivanovic up in hoping the #2 seed will be ready to fill her seeded position.

Cheers in hoping to be able to tap JJnow on the shoulder this week :D

patrick
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I am in "begging" mode for IW since most of my players are in one half of the draw. If I survive this, I will be happy going into Key Biscayne.

Foxykhat
03-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Dang I forgot to make my subs. WHATEVER!!!

Foxy

jjnow
03-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Cheers in hoping to be able to tap JJnow on the shoulder this week :D
:fencing:

;)

I expect a drop this week. I'm holding out to trade Serena in for Miami. That could end up being a disaster, but these are desperate times.

Drop-shot
03-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I am in "begging" mode for IW since most of my players are in one half of the draw. If I survive this, I will be happy going into Key Biscayne.

I have 4:7 in upper/lower halfs and 5! in one quarter.

Aziza
03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
:fencing:

;)

I expect a drop this week. I'm holding out to trade Serena in for Miami. That could end up being a disaster, but these are desperate times.

That was exactly what I was going to do as well but after looking at the teams in front of me I knew Sharapova was going to be a wash because the last time I checked I believe she was on every team.

Then the IW draw came out and Govortsova is my highest seed in the top half so I decided to add Ivanovic. I would have put Davenport in but didn't see her in the list for Miami.

I am 0 for 2 today.

oploskoffie
03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
I want to put Mardy Fish on my team as a replacment for the utterly useless Agnes Szavay. I don't believe that to be an unreasonable request.

:o

Scotty
03-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I want to put Mardy Fish on my team as a replacment for the utterly useless Agnes Szavay. I don't believe that to be an unreasonable request.

:o

I don't know if Mardy can play on both tours, 'koffie. As for Mardy's fiancee, however, Dry seems to think ... :lipsrsealed:

dryrunguy
03-19-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know if Mardy can play on both tours, 'koffie. As for Mardy's fiancee, however, Dry seems to think ... :lipsrsealed:

I think transgender fantasy tennis would be a GREAT idea! :cheesy:

Charlie02123
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I call Jaslyn Hewitt and Wendy Turnbull.

dryrunguy
03-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I call Jaslyn Hewitt and Wendy Turnbull.

I swear... Denisa Chladkova NEVER gets any respect. :mad:

:p

Moose must be busy because no one's mentioned Conchita yet.

oploskoffie
03-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Sharapova pulls out of Miami. Great. Forced to use my last sub on her.

:mad:

jjnow
03-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Sharapova pulls out of Miami. Great. Forced to use my last sub on her.

:mad:

WHAT!?

I'm dead.

oploskoffie
03-22-2008, 04:03 PM
WHAT!?

I'm dead.

Unfortunately, I kid you not :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7310067.stm

Jay
03-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately, I kid you not :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7310067.stm

I'm convinced she did it just to screw us over :p

Poor Shaps, though. Hopefully she'll be well in time for the clay season.

--cj--
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Is Henin playing Miami?

dryrunguy
03-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Is Henin playing Miami?

Let's put it this way... She's SUPPOSED to. I'm sure she will if at all possible, being the defending finalist.

nelslus
03-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Let's put it this way... She's SUPPOSED to. I'm sure she will if at all possible, being the defending finalist.

If Henin drops out- then BPDN better hope that Domachowska wins the 2008 Sony Ericcson Open. :cry:

BTW- Is TAT going to do random drug screenings for our leaders e11even, aziza and patrick?!?!? Just sayin'. :angel:

--cj--
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
The draw is out so that is answering some questions, but I suppose that doesn't guarantee anybody shows up. At least Maria pulled out before we made our substitutions. I mean, those of us that still had one. ;)

e11even
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
If Henin drops out- then BPDN better hope that Domachowska wins the 2008 Sony Ericcson Open. :cry:

BTW- Is TAT going to do random drug screenings for our leaders e11even, aziza and patrick?!?!? Just sayin'. :angel:

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

A Domachowska win is fine with me though.. :cool:

patrick
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Need some drugs, can you give me some? Maria and Li,Na have sealed my fate of no medal while others have at least substitute.

Aziza
03-24-2008, 06:11 PM

Hahaha!

Aziza
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Need some drugs, can you give me some? Maria and Li,Na have sealed my fate of no medal while others have at least substitute.

I haven't allowed myself to lose hope yet. Our teams are very similar. I'm just hoping to hold on with Kuznetsova and Ivanovic! Many are stuck with Sharapova. Marta Domachowska 2008 Miami Champion would work too ;)

patrick
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I haven't allowed myself to lose hope yet. Our teams are very similar. I'm just hoping to hold on with Kuznetsova and Ivanovic! Many are stuck with Sharapova. Marta Domachowska 2008 Miami Champion would work too ;)

Your chances of staying ahead of me are good 'cuz you have Ana and I have Jelena.

Aziza
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Your chances of staying ahead of me are good 'cuz you have Ana and I have Jelena.

Jelena has a great draw to go deep again though. I'm really worried about the 6 or so in the top 20 that still have a sub to burn.

Jay
03-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Jelena has a great draw to go deep again though. I'm really worried about the 6 or so in the top 20 that still have a sub to burn.

I took out Sharapova and put Venus in...stupid, stupid Jessie.

Maybe I should go back and put Ivanovic in instead.
hmmm :ponder:

Drop-shot
03-24-2008, 11:28 PM

they have also sent my hopes of medalling to the abyss :(

Jay
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Venus needs to have a miracle happen. I NEED her to win.

I don't think I'll be able to medal, but at least things would shake up a bit in the contest :D

e11even
03-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Venus needs to have a miracle happen. I NEED her to win.

I don't think I'll be able to medal, but at least things would shake up a bit in the contest :D

I find Venus (or Serena) as a good make-or-break pick for you at this stage. Not too many people have her in their teams so you have a good chance to get loads of points if she goes all the way to win. The only downside is it's Venus and based on recent results, it'll be a sure gamble.. ;)

And it remains to be seen whether she could get past the anointed 2008 Miami Champion, Marta Domachowska! :hyst:

mysterX
03-25-2008, 05:57 PM
:drunk1: hic :drunk2: burp :drunk1:

are you guys shtill hear??? how long have i been in this stoopid lunge, anyway...

when is that clay shlide thingy happening...where ish tha rest room...excuse me...

:drunk2: :drunk2:

dryrunguy
03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
:drunk1: hic :drunk2: burp :drunk1:

are you guys shtill hear??? how long have i been in this stoopid lunge, anyway...

when is that clay shlide thingy happening...where ish tha rest room...excuse me...

:drunk2: :drunk2:

Um, perhaps you should :vomit:mysterX! :)

We'll be posting an announcement about the Slide in a few days. We're going to do something a little different with it, and I think y'all are really, really gonna like it! :)

patrick
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM

We'll be posting an announcement about the Slide in a few days. We're going to do something a little different with it, and I think y'all are really, really gonna like it! :)

Extra substitutions. Everyone have Federer,Nadal, and Djokovic automatically and add from the rest of the ATP. What is it? Enquiring minds would like to know.:confused:

mysterX
03-25-2008, 07:01 PM

It's what happens after you're in last place a couple tournaments in, then the subs you put in lose in the first round of the next tournament. Life at the bottom.

:vomit:

Ahh that did feel better.

Jay
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM

We'll be posting an announcement about the Slide in a few days. We're going to do something a little different with it, and I think y'all are really, really gonna like it! :)Indeed! :D

Extra substitutions. Everyone have Federer,Nadal, and Djokovic automatically and add from the rest of the ATP. What is it? Enquiring minds would like to know.:confused:

You'll see :cool:

meanwhile, If Venus stinks up the joint, I'll throw something at the tv. I will, I will.

:bat:

dryrunguy
03-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Stay tuned. :p

patrick
03-26-2008, 05:21 AM
If Venus stinks up the joint, I'll throw something at the tv. I will, I will.

She won't, I promise..... :confused:

Aziza
03-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Indeed! :D

You'll see :cool:

meanwhile, If Venus stinks up the joint, I'll throw something at the tv. I will, I will.

She does have the eventual winner in the 2nd round Jessie. I think you may be asking too much! :)

Jay
03-27-2008, 12:41 AM
I find Venus (or Serena) as a good make-or-break pick for you at this stage. Not too many people have her in their teams so you have a good chance to get loads of points if she goes all the way to win. The only downside is it's Venus and based on recent results, it'll be a sure gamble.. ;)

And it remains to be seen whether she could get past the anointed 2008 Miami Champion, Marta Domachowska! :hyst:

Yep. And most likely, Venus will shatter my chances of getting a respectable score in MDtM :p (I would hope not, though)

She won't, I promise..... :confused:

I'll hold you to that ;)

She does have the eventual winner in the 2nd round Jessie. I think you may be asking too much! :)

Marta Domachowska? :hyst:

jjnow
03-27-2008, 02:31 AM
And how nice of Marta to finally win a match when she gets a crap draw and plays Venus in the second round. Punk.

I need Mauresmo to have a good showing (ha!) in the worst way possible.

Aziza
03-27-2008, 03:10 AM
And how nice of Marta to finally win a match when she gets a crap draw and plays Venus in the second round. Punk.

I need Mauresmo to have a good showing (ha!) in the worst way possible.

I agree with e11even, I think you guys that have a different team have a great shot, not so certain about Mauresmo though, she appears to be fairly broken.

Aziza
03-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Stick a Fork in me! lol!

mysterX
03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Stick a Fork in me! lol!

Take one of the five or six stuck in me. They've been there for about a month

dryrunguy
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Thought you all might be interested to know that there are about 15 people within 100-150 points of the MDtM lead... Needless to say, these QF matches have MONSTROUS implications for whose going to medal. At the moment, the scores are really, really tight.

Foxykhat
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Thought you all might be interested to know that there are about 15 people within 100-150 points of the MDtM lead... Needless to say, these QF matches have MONSTROUS implications for whose going to medal. At the moment, the scores are really, really tight.

Well since I'm not in the mix I DON'T CARE. LOL, just kidding.

Foxy

GVGirl
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM

I know that I'm NOT one of them after week 1 with what 2 points.:shocked: I used all my substitutions in the last week.

I hope that the folks that take the medals will be new medal winners.:)

Scotty,

Where is Medal Defender?

dryrunguy
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM

Foxy

Foxy, you are VERY MUCH in the hunt. ;)

Jay
04-01-2008, 09:54 AM

Foxy
You never know ;)

I know that I'm NOT one of them after week 1 with what 2 points.:shocked: I used all my substitutions in the last week.

I hope that the folks that take the medals will be new medal winners.:)

Scotty,

Where is Medal Defender?
A certain someone who has been in the lead, but has never gotten a medal, might medal if Dementieva wins/goes far :)

so I hope that person actually does medal (It's not me, btw). I like seeing people who have never gotten a medal win one :)

Jay
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM

Here I am trying to be ambiguous about the answer to Foxy, and you say it :p

silly dry.

Yes, foxy, you are in the hunt :D

Foxykhat
04-01-2008, 09:57 AM

You never know ;)

A certain someone who has been in the lead, but has never gotten a medal, might medal if Dementieva wins/goes far :)

so I hope that person actually does medal (It's not me, btw). I like seeing people who have never gotten a medal win one :)

Y'all just want to get me ALL excited for nutten!

Foxy

dryrunguy
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Things just got a helluva lot more weird. LOL!

oploskoffie
04-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Not being able to trade Justine back in after I shoved her out of my team seems like such a blessing now :lipsrsealed:

dryrunguy
04-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Not being able to trade Justine back in after I shoved her out of my team seems like such a blessing now :lipsrsealed:

:thumbsup:

Foxykhat
04-01-2008, 12:12 PM

:thumbsup:

Man oh man this is so gonna hurt me. OH WELL!!!

Foxy

dryrunguy
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Man oh man this is so gonna hurt me. OH WELL!!!

Foxy

Not as much as you might think, Foxy. You still have a chance for a winner and a SFist. Not that many people near the top have a chance for both finalists. And if the ball doesn't bounce their way, you never know.

patrick
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM

That is the only thing I have done right on not adding Justine to my team.

e11even
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Sveta is helping me a great deal to remain in contention for a medal especially with Ana's early exit. But a Jelena loss later would be very much welcome. I'll be fine should some of you eventually catch up, as long as I get a medal of any color. :cool:

e11even
04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Looks like I jinxed myself! :hammerself:

patrick
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM

How much weird?

jjnow
04-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Elena!!! :mad::(:mad::(

dryrunguy
04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
How much weird?

Still hard to say.

All I know is that I lost 145 potential points yesterday. Instead of being in a position to finish second, which wasn't an outlandish scenario at all, I'll be lucky to finish in the top 12 or so. Even if Jankovic somehow wins, which doesn't look likely.

oohsalmon
04-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Still hard to say.

All I know is that I lost 145 potential points yesterday. Instead of being in a position to finish second, which wasn't an outlandish scenario at all, I'll be lucky to finish in the top 12 or so. Even if Jankovic somehow wins, which doesn't look likely.

Oh because of that odd rule, Elena now only yields R16 points, right?

patrick
04-02-2008, 11:28 AM

I think so but I will leave that to the powers to be...

Here is the good news, that rule will be gone when we start sliding to Paris.

dryrunguy
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes (though I wasn't affected by Elena's retirement; I needed Henin to beat Jankovic in the final and for Venus to make the semis to finish second; and I could have WON with a Zvonareva retirement today). And yes, the rule will be a goner for the Slide.

Now I haven't the faintest clue about what's going on. LOL!

--cj--
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM

BOO!

At least that rule is going away.

Jay
04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes (though I wasn't affected by Elena's retirement; I needed Henin to beat Jankovic in the final and for Venus to make the semis to finish second; and I could have WON with a Zvonareva retirement today). And yes, the rule will be a goner for the Slide.

Now I haven't the faintest clue about what's going on. LOL!

It's a mess! a CRAZEH mess!!!!111 :p

Things certainly got shaken up (at least, I think) ;)

jjnow
04-03-2008, 06:04 AM
For the record, I am still bitter.

Martini4me
04-03-2008, 07:09 AM
.... and I am screwed. I was competitive for three weeks, and now it's been three tournaments of unmitigated disaster. I was already 200 points coming into Miami, and am probably losing another 200 points on a lot of people this week.

Drop-shot
04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I fear that the Kuznetsova loss will prove to be fatal for any unrealistic expectations that were left:(

At least did she play well?

patrick
04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I fear that the Kuznetsova loss will prove to be fatal for any unrealistic expectations that were left:(

At least did she play well?

My hopes also but Serena was able to right the ship in the last 2 sets to win

Charlie02123
04-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Here is the good news, that rule will be gone when we start sliding to Paris.

Oh good. No offense to whichever well intentioned person came up with the rule, but I hate it. Almost as much as I hate mayonaisse. I'm always left confused and bloated.

Charlie02123
04-04-2008, 01:57 AM
OMG!

I kind of fizzled out of this contest midway and didn't use my subs.

I just checked my team, and I think it has to be the worst team possible for Miami. It insane how badly my team did. Half of them lost their first round match of Miami... last September. I somehow ended up with Mary Carillo on my team in the A category. The most points I got from my team this week is from Zuzana. It's unreal.

e11even
04-05-2008, 04:07 AM
My hopes also but Serena was able to right the ship in the last 2 sets to win

If my rough math is correct, I think you've already secured second place in MDtM (with oploskoffie winning!). So kudos to both of you! :thumbsup: It's my fate hanging on the balance right now. I see Drop-shot taking over my chance for a medal should Jankovic beats Serena in the final today. So I feel weird cheering for someone who wasn't even in my team all throughout MDtM. :D

Drop-shot
04-05-2008, 07:58 AM
If my rough math is correct, I think you've already secured second place in MDtM (with oploskoffie winning!). So kudos to both of you! :thumbsup: It's my fate hanging on the balance right now. I see Drop-shot taking over my chance for a medal should Jankovic beats Serena in the final today. So I feel weird cheering for someone who wasn't even in my team all throughout MDtM. :D

I was too lazy to go and figure if I had any chances, so this is good news:)
I MUST find a livestream for the match

patrick
04-05-2008, 08:35 AM

If that is correct and I believe you are, this is what I have got to say:

Off to the lake with Maria Sharapova robbing me of a gold medal :mad:

If she would have played and suffered the same feat as Novak, I would be feeling better.

After that rant, getting a medal is a very good accomplishment:) And, congrats Mr. Koffie for winning the gold

dryrunguy
04-05-2008, 08:57 AM

If she would have played and suffered the same feat as Novak, I would be feeling better.

After that rant, getting a medal is a very good accomplishment:) And, congrats Mr. Koffie for winning the gold

Meanwhile, Venus, Justine, Lindsay and Vera are leading my personal boo-hiss list... Justine, Venus and Lindsay for not getting as far as they "should" have and Vera for getting so far that I couldn't have won anyway.

But I still say the major story of this fantasy contest has been the disappointing output from Agnes Szavay. She should have been worth more than 51 points.

oploskoffie
04-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Say whud? :shocked: Eh, I'll wait for the official result first, or have I completely missed that somewhere? Cause that would not be unlikely, actually :lipsrsealed: Anyways: congrats to all who took part, really. This Dash has been one of the most competitive fantasy contests we've had I believe :)

oploskoffie
04-05-2008, 12:09 PM
But I still say the major story of this fantasy contest has been the disappointing output from Agnes Szavay. She should have been worth more than 51 points.

She should have been tradable for Mardy Fish. :mad:

dryrunguy
04-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Say whud? :shocked: Eh, I'll wait for the official result first, or have I completely missed that somewhere? Cause that would not be unlikely, actually :lipsrsealed: Anyways: congrats to all who took part, really. This Dash has been one of the most competitive fantasy contests we've had I believe :)

I was thinking the same thing, koffie. Say what you want about the WTA, the withdrawals, and the fickle nature of women (I better duck now!), but those types of twists and turns keep things very unpredictable.

Jay
04-05-2008, 12:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing, koffie. Say what you want about the WTA, the withdrawals, and the fickle nature of women (I better duck now!), but those types of twists and turns keep things very unpredictable.

I stated this the last time I posted the scoreboard. I believe we had at least one new person in the top three each week!..which was pretty awesome :D

Foxykhat
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
All I know is Venus, Justine, Maria (for withdrawing) Linds, AgnesS, Azzarenko and Vika can all go to hell for now doing more here. Well not totally mad at Justine since Serena finally won against her again.

Still the others can just stop the world and jump the heck off. Just kidding

Foxy

Jay
04-05-2008, 12:36 PM
All I know is Venus, Justine, Maria (for withdrawing) Linds, AgnesS, Azzarenko and Vika can all go to hell for now doing more here. Well not totally mad at Justine since Serena finally won against her again.

Still the others can just stop the world and jump the heck off. Just kidding

Foxy

And here, I thought you were a true Venus fan:rolleyes:

Her no.1 fan would never say that....moi :) (although, I am still mad at her:mad:)

Foxykhat
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
And here, I thought you were a true Venus fan:rolleyes:

Her no.1 fan would never say that....moi :) (although, I am still mad at her:mad:)

Well shoot me and bury me if I'm not a fan when my fave can't come through for me. I need a freaking medal and that's all I asked of her (of course and winning AO and FO). She's not delivering and so she need to be punished for not doing what should have been done or needs to be done. PERIOD.

Foxy

dryrunguy
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Everyone, given how tight the scores are for MDtM, we're in the process of having a third party do a quality control check of the final scores to ensure accuracy. As soon as that is completed, we'll get the final results posted. Bear with us. :)

patrick
04-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Everyone, given how tight the scores are for MDtM, we're in the process of having a third party do a quality control check of the final scores to ensure accuracy. As soon as that is completed, we'll get the final results posted. Bear with us. :)

:cool:

Glad this is done to get accurate scores on all since this was a close contest. For me, I am glad that Jelena did not w/d but if she would have won, I may have had some breathing room.

Jay
04-05-2008, 01:34 PM

Glad this is done to get accurate scores on all since this was a close contest. For me, I am glad that Jelena did not w/d but if she would have won, I may have had some breathing room.

Accuracy is no.1 :cool:

Anywho, Szavay should be thrown in the TAt lake me thinks, not because she was on my team, mind you, but because she totally underperformed.

Drop-shot
04-05-2008, 01:57 PM

I'm glad that Serena won since I like her more than JJ (who I don't dislike), but I was really hoping JJ would win and give me some very valuable points. Anyhow, putting Sveta and JJ on my team in the end really helped me so I'm not that mad.
Now just have to wait for the recount.

And Yes, Szavay should be burned at the stake