PDA

View Full Version : THE MAD DASH TO MIAMI: Ask Questions Here

TalkAboutTennis
01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
If you have any questions about how this fantasy tournament works, please feel free to ask them here! We'll answer them as quickly as possible.

patrick
01-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Are we going to have a similar contest for the ATP?

dryrunguy
01-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Are we going to have a similar contest for the ATP?

The Mad Dash contest will be immediately followed by The Slide Into Paris, which will be an ATP-only contest of the same format.

Dry

patrick
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
The Mad Dash contest will be immediately followed by The Slide Into Paris, which will be an ATP-only contest of the same format.

Dry

:cool: 2 months of WTA followed by 3 months of ATP

dryrunguy
01-24-2008, 11:19 AM
:cool: 2 months of WTA followed by 3 months of ATP

Then we have Green Acres, which is a combined ATP and WTA contest for the grass events; The Hard Road to New York, an ATP-only contest for the U.S. summer hardcourts; And East Meets West, another combined ATP/WTA contest.

I think that covers all of the fantasy tournaments, but there's so many; it's easy to forget one.

There's no requirement to play any of them.

Dry

e11even
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
^ How about the Olympics? I'm sure the TAT staff will also figure something out for that.. ;)

Jay
01-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Then we have Green Acres, which is a combined ATP and WTA contest for the grass events; The Hard Road to New York, an ATP-only contest for the U.S. summer hardcourts; And East Meets West, another combined ATP/WTA contest.

I think that covers all of the fantasy tournaments, but there's so many; it's easy to forget one.

There's no requirement to play any of them.

Dry

Yep :D We have a nice line-up of Fantasy Contests:cool:

Charlie02123
01-24-2008, 06:31 PM
^ How about the Olympics? I'm sure the TAT staff will also figure something out for that.. ;)

Ooooh! That would be so fun! We can't have the olympics with contests!

patrick
01-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Good idea.:thumbsup:

Charlie02123
01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Good idea.:thumbsup:

Ooh. Name brainstorm.

GOLD RUSH.

MeganFernandez
01-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Ooh. Name brainstorm.

GOLD RUSH.

Nice. Or Pedal to the Medal?

Charlie02123
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM

So much better! I just got owned.

patrick
01-27-2008, 10:20 AM

Both ideas sound good:)

kandi
01-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Do I understand correctly, that we can change players on our team between each tournament?

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Do I understand correctly, that we can change players on our team between each tournament?

Yes, kandi! You're allowed three substitutions during the course of the fantasy tournament. Subs must be posted (by editing the original post and updating the credit tally) before the start of play for that week; otherwise, it won't go into effect until the following week.

beaujarkko
01-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get my head around this... the intro to the "MDtM Lounge" thread says "12-woman team" but the way I'm reading the "players and prices" list only has me choosing 8... 2 each from categories A, B, C, D.

What am I missing? lol

oploskoffie
01-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't get my head around this... the intro to the "MDtM Lounge" thread says "12-woman team" but the way I'm reading the "players and prices" list only has me choosing 8... 2 each from categories A, B, C, D.

What am I missing? lol

"Post your 12-woman team (three women from each category)"

:kiss:

beaujarkko
01-28-2008, 08:45 AM
"Post your 12-woman team (three women from each category)"

:kiss:

oooooh. yeah. that. ;) thanks koffie!

kandi
01-28-2008, 08:46 AM
What if there is no woman playing in a particular week from a particular category? Do we pick somebody from that category anyway and hope they play the following week?

beaujarkko
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Yes Kandi. Oftentimes there aren't too many choices for players who ACTUALLY play the tournaments, especially from the lowest category. You choose the ones you think are likely to appear, and hope that they do so! A couple of times I've chosen players from that group that have never shown up. Awesome... ;)

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
What if there is no woman playing in a particular week from a particular category? Do we pick somebody from that category anyway and hope they play the following week?

That, or pray they get through qualifying. :cheesy:

Dry

oploskoffie
01-28-2008, 08:51 AM

I think I can answer this one for you, kandi! :) Who you pick for your team is your choice. As long as you have the right amount of players from each category, the rest of the "planning" is completely up to you. You are not required to build up a team of players who are guaranteed to play during a specific week. The big trick is, of course, to look ahead over all the tournaments, guess/gamble who you think will do well and when and take it from there. Oh, and know when to trade and who to give the boot, of course ;)

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I think I can answer this one for you, kandi! :) Who you pick for your team is your choice. As long as you have the right amount of players from each category, the rest of the "planning" is completely up to you. You are not required to build up a team of players who are guaranteed to play during a specific week. The big trick is, of course, to look ahead over all the tournaments, guess/gamble who you think will do well and when and take it from there. Oh, and know when to trade and who to give the boot, of course ;)

That was much better than my answer, Mr. Koffie. :mad:

:p

Dry

kandi
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
Next question: We are not required to spend our entire 150 credits, right? That is a MAXIMUM, not a minimum?

oploskoffie
01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
*waits patiently for Dry to field this one...

:rolleyes: :D

dryrunguy
01-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Next question: We are not required to spend our entire 150 credits, right? That is a MAXIMUM, not a minimum?

You've got it; it's a maximum. Just remember that, if you plan to substitute in higher ranked players later on, you'll need to "save" enough credits in your original team so you can sub them in without going over the 150-credit limit.

Dry

kandi
01-28-2008, 09:13 AM
By George, I think I've GOT IT -- it won't be easy but challenging!

Jay
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I come to check if anyone has any questions, and they've all be answered already :p

:thumbsup:

MeganFernandez
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
How is this thing scored? I know we get points for how deep each player goes in a tournament, but is it simply 1 point per round of main draw? If it's complicated, don't bother explaining it. Just wondering if there's a way to track our own scores.

dryrunguy
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
How is this thing scored? I know we get points for how deep each player goes in a tournament, but is it simply 1 point per round of main draw? If it's complicated, don't bother explaining it. Just wondering if there's a way to track our own scores.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9307

That link has the table with the points for each round at each tournament in the contest.

Dry

Madame
02-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I want to swap ...
I have to go find my post where I put my team and change the palyer ?
and where do I warn you guys I did that?

If I just do it, how will you know ?

Help !!!!

morct
02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I want to swap ...
I have to go find my post where I put my team and change the palyer ?
and where do I warn you guys I did that?

If I just do it, how will you know ?

Help !!!!

Dry posted this earlier in the original thread where you posted your team.

"I have reopened the thread in case folks want to make substitutions.

Remember, if you want to make a sub, edit your original post, adjust the credit total accordingly, and make a note in the edit field, something like "Sub #1, 2/9, Dokic for Lucic"...."

Hope this helps. :)

Madame
02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
ok, thanks morct.

Did a swap. I guess you have to re-read the whole thing every week then :(

pingponger
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
When is the deadline for pre-Pac Life Open substitutions? They start play on a wednesday or something, right?

patrick
03-08-2008, 05:14 PM
When is the deadline for pre-Pac Life Open substitutions? They start play on a wednesday or something, right?

They do start main draw play on Wednesday so subs should be in before the first ball is struck at approx 10:00 AM PST(1:00 PM EST). Qualification rounds start on Monday and the draw is made on Monday also.

jjnow
03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Do the players who had R1 Byes still get the points for that round?

dryrunguy
03-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Do the players who had R1 Byes still get the points for that round?

Not sure what you mean, JJ. You get whatever the points allocation is for the round where she loses. So if a seeded player loses in R2, you still get those two points (unless she retires during that match, which I don't think we had any of those this time; that's the rule we're changing for The Slide).

Does that answer your question?

jjnow
03-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Not sure what you mean, JJ. You get whatever the points allocation is for the round where she loses. So if a seeded player loses in R2, you still get those two points (unless she retires during that match, which I don't think we had any of those this time; that's the rule we're changing for The Slide).

Does that answer your question?

Yep, Dry. I just checked the scoring table again, and figured out where I was confused. Thanks.