PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead a couple of weeks...

oploskoffie
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Nothing is as permanent as change, right? ;) Well, the same applies to the Arcade, of course. We've had some games come and go recently and I'm looking at doing some more minor shuffles.

One thing we're gradually cutting down on is the "get there first" games with a set maximum score. I know Deal or No Deal is still a popular feature, especially for tournaments, but as far as regular Arcade play goes, several people can get $1 million and it just sorts those scores by name. Disco bowling has the same issue. Though only one person seems to get 290. :p Unfortunately, this cannot be done by date - the option simply does not exist.

Moon Lander and Scrabble Blast bore most people to tears. I'm busy looking for something similar to Scrabble Blast that poses more of challenge and, normally, doesn't last for an hour if you want to get a highscore. Something like Bookworm comes to mind, only I'd prefer a time limit on finding words.

Moon Lander (don't hit me, Jessie) is played seriously by about three people - if that. Those people do it well, but the game doesn't seem to add much in the grand scheme of things. There's several manouvering games to found, so I'll spend time trying to find one that is, hopefully, more fun to more people. This also applies to the previously mentioned games. Nothing set in stone as yet, just letting you know what's going on :)

On a personal note: if I wasn't permanently at war with Dry in the Arcade, I'd quit playing Hexxagon. That too is, basically, a "get there first" kinda game. Problem is it's always the same person that does so... :rolleyes:

Charlie02123
01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I think those are well thought out decisions. I personally enjoy scrabble blast but don't play it that often. I would love it if you were able to find a similar game with the qualifications you talked about.

dryrunguy
01-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, I only went after DoND last night because I was urged a few days ago to go after the leaderboard! :) I didn't know it was going to unseat the leader. :( Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. And for the record, I also tried my hand again at Tetris and Pacman! :cheesy:

That all sounds good to me, Mr. Koffie. Whatever you think is in the best interest of the arcade is fine with me, but I really appreciate you asking.

I'd LOVE a Scrabble game with a time limit. The one we have is too easy.

Good luck!

Dry