PDA

View Full Version : Gamers: feedback please! Golf, Pool, Scrabble....

oploskoffie
12-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Okay, time to take a look at a couple of games. First up are the two golf games. The new one has been up for well over a month now and we'd like to know which one you prefer and why. One of the two (at least) willl be ditched at the end of this month...

Pool Jam gives you five minutes to rack up (ha... ha.... I said rack :p) as many points as you can. There are *several* variations of this game available meaning we could switch to one that either gives you more time (10 minutes) or less time (3 minutes). Preferences?

Scrabble Blast. It looked like a good idea when I was testing it, but it really does tend to drag a bit. Do we keep it, or do we ditch it?

dryrunguy
12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I like both of the golf games, but if I had to choose one, I guess I prefer Golf 247.

I don't much care for the current pool game, but that's only because I can't win it. LOL!

Scrabble DOES take forever... The score I got the other day involved playing off and on for an entire day, including a 4 hour hiatus on my part because of my billiards league on Tuesday night. It's fun. I like it. But it really takes forever. I'll go with the majority on this one. But for the record, I like it unless we can come up with a better option.

Dry

JTContinental
12-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Pool Jam is my favorite game in the arcade, and it's the only one that I can beat dry at....

As for the golf, both are ok, although I like the older one. Scrabble Blast is fun for a bit, but needs a timer or a raised difficulty level in order to be sustainable longterm, IMO.

--cj--
12-06-2007, 03:33 PM
seriously, the old golf game is one of the worst versions of golf out there. the new one is pretty fun and the timing issue makes it very difficult to get the same score as someone else. is it tourney compatible?

i loved the scrabble game for the first 20 minutes. sheesh. you could really play it for just about as long as you can sit in front of a computer. are there any versions that have a time restraint? or a limited number of turns? i think that would be better.

i like the pool game. i'm not very good at it, but it has reasonable physics compared to the old golf game. won't take a major time commitment (i think 5 minutes is just perfect!). and is tourney compatible, i believe.

of course, these are just my opinions.

oohsalmon
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
seriously, the old golf game is one of the worst versions of golf out there. the new one is pretty fun and the timing issue makes it very difficult to get the same score as someone else. is it tourney compatible?

It is tourney compatible. In fact, there's a tournament waiting for players now. I've got a title to defend...

oploskoffie
12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm with CJ as far as the old golf game goes. I find it an abomination of a game, seriously. I've hated it since day one :p

munchin
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
It's great that we have a Scrabble game but I do find it to be completely interminable. You can theoretically play it for days at a time and it seems totally ludicrous. I second the call for a time limted version or something like that.

I like the new golf game but not a ton. Only because I don't have the hang of it yet. But the scoring is a vast improvement.

The Pool...well...I have no comment on that.

Foxykhat
12-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Am I the only one who LOVES Scabble Blast as is??? LOL, I'm word challenged so it's perfect for me, even if it takes forever.

Foxy