PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds inicted

Kirkus
11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds has indicted Thursday for perjury and obstruction of justice, charged with lying when he told a federal grand jury that he did not knowingly use performance-enhancing drugs.
The indictment unsealed Thursday against baseball's home-run king culminated a four-year investigation into steroid use by elite athletes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/11/15/bonds.indictment.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Charlie02123
11-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow.

(You forgot the d, by the way)

Foxykhat
11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not surprised I knew they weren't going to stop until they nabbed him.

Foxy

jjnow
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I missed this today. Can't say I didn't see it coming.

I didn't know this though:

Shortly after the indictment was handed up, Bonds' personal trainer, Greg Anderson, was ordered released after spending most of the past year in prison for refusing to testify against his longtime friend.

jj

craighickman
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm not surprised I knew they weren't going to stop until they nabbed him.

Foxy

I'm wondering if they have enough to nab him. Seems like this has been going on for too long. Perhaps his trainer (an another elite athlete in another sport) finally talked. We shall see.

Moose
11-15-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm wondering if they have enough to nab him. Seems like this has been going on for too long. Perhaps his trainer (an another elite athlete in another sport) finally talked. We shall see.

4 years, to be exact Craig, since the Fed investigation began. Marion confesses, Anderson is released, and Barry gets indicted.

Personally, I hope everyone connected with BALCO and their role in the corruption of modern sports rots in hell.