PDA

View Full Version : Mardy Fish Q&A - Post YOUR question(s) here!

oploskoffie
02-10-2007, 02:30 PM
TAT Pro Talk - Mardy Fish Q&A

First there was Vania. Then there was Esther. Now, we are very happy to announce that we've been given the opportunity to do a Q&A with one of America's top male tennis players, a quarter finalist at last month's Australian Open and the current #25 in the ATP rankings: Mardy Fish!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4301/mardyqakg4.jpg

As we did with the previous Q&A's, we're giving all of you the opportunity to post whatever questions you may want to ask. We're giving y'all at least a week to do so, after which we'll pick the best of the bunch and send them his way! A big thank you goes to Ting of www.MardyTennis.com and Mardy's representation, the SFX Sports Group.

Game on, dear TAT'ers! Ask away!

Oh, and check out www.MardyTennis.com ;)

hurricanejeanne
02-10-2007, 02:43 PM
What would you consider to be your biggest achievement of your career thus far?

You have had a number of injuries in the last couple of years, did you ever consider thinking of walking away from the game? What keeps you going in tennis?

morct
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Whatever happened asking Lendl questions?? :P

Kirkus
02-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Questions for Ivan have been submitted to his representation. His TAT Pro Talk interview is still in the pipes and working it's way to publication.

(Wow! That sounded really professional. ;D )

*pats himself on the back*

morct
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM

Questions for Ivan have been submitted to his representation. His TAT Pro Talk interview is still in the pipes and working it's way to publication.

(Wow! That sounded really professional. ;D )

*pats himself on the back*

Thanks Kirkus, his interview is the one I'm really looking forward to. Will think of questions for Mardy tomorrow.

Ti-Amie
02-10-2007, 04:01 PM
You have played very well in this early part of the year. Many of us had forgotten how good a player you are. Do you see yourself in the running for one of the eight places in the TMC or are your goals more modest than the top eight since you are coming back from injury?

one_shot07
02-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Andy Roddick is working with Jimmy Connors and you're working with Todd Martin; Is there something about former top players that changes how you do things both on and off the court? If so, what is it?

bea26
02-10-2007, 07:38 PM
You're good friends with both Andy and James. What dynamic does it add to a match when you're playing someone you're close with? How did it play out in your quarterfinal match against Andy?

mrjiggyfly2
02-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Were you cursing the tennis gods or some other god or person when, after all you've been through, you became ill before your match with Irakli Labadze at Wimbledon? That hardly seemed fair as it looked like you'd get a shot at Rafa in the 4th round.

PeterSkan
02-10-2007, 08:43 PM
What is your favourite event, and why?

Scotty
02-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Looking forward to seeing you in San Jose and Indian Wells ... hope you have a nice, deep run at both tournaments.
Fun site, by the way ... which brings up the important questions:
Will the ponytail be back, or has it retired?
Do Domino & the dachschunds travel at all with you, or just hang out in Tampa & wait for you to return home?

GVGirl
02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Mardy, What was like for you at the most recent Olypmics? You must have been so proud to win a medal.

GVGirl
02-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Mardy, how did you get started playing tennis? Who were your tennis idols?

morct
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Could you tell us a little about working with Todd Martin? I always admired him when he was playing.

mmmm8
02-15-2007, 05:15 AM
This may be a premature question but have you given thought as to what you want to do after you retire? And on that note, do you see yourself playing tennis for as long as you and your body feel like it, or have you decided when you may want to stop playing?

jjnow
02-15-2007, 08:31 PM
What dynamics of your game are you working on with Todd, and where do you see the greatest room for improvement?

jj

Jay
02-15-2007, 08:51 PM
(I hope this wasn't asked already)

Where do you see yourself in five years?

what accomplishments would you like to have had achieved in the end of your career?

nelslus
02-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Mardy, What was like for you at the most recent Olypmics? You must have been so proud to win a medal.

I want to add on to the Olympics topic....

I certainly view your getting a Silver Medal as a very big accomplishment. Does it burn you at all that, IMO, the U.S. press has not given you your due for this achievement? As the Olympics is often a bigger deal in other countries- is your Silver Medal more noted and respected by the international press? And/or was it at that time? And, of course- where does this rank by your own standards?

mrjiggyfly2
02-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Is there a particular drill or tip that you could reccommend for people working on their game? mrjiggyfly2 already gave them, "When in trouble, lob." So if you could come up with something original, it would be appreciated. ;D

one_shot07
02-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Can you talk about your forehand and why you changed it? Saw some of the match against Ivan at the Australian and really liked it. Why the change?

dryrunguy
02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Shoot. All of my questions are taken. I'll try to come up with more. But I'm particularly interested in the Todd Martin connection, so I hope that's one of the questions submitted to Mardy.

Dry

1st_serve
02-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Mardy...When you and Andy came on the scene I picked you over Andy to be the better player. At this point in your career, after all that has happened, do you think you can win one of the Grand Slams? I'm with you either way! Best of everything to you!

Moose
02-21-2007, 12:56 PM
you're one of the few American men who seem comfortable on clay, having won Houston, and beaten Robredo in DC. Why do you think most American men seem to have an aversion to playing on the surface, and/or poor results, when Agassi, Courier and Chang all won Roland Garros?

oploskoffie
02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Last chance to ask your question(s) to Mardy Fish is between now and 20 minutes from now :P I'll be closing this topic at about 11.10 PM Amsterdam time and sending a selection of the questions posted here and received via pm to Mardy's representation.

:)

oploskoffie
02-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Right, this is it! ;D Thank you to all that posted, pm'd and even e-mailed in questions this time :) We'll get to sorting them out right away and send them to Mardy's representation. Keep your eye on the TAT Pro Talk board to read the full Q&A, soon!

Oh, and check out our next Q&A candidate as well: Evgeny Korolev!!!

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1171822256