PDA

View Full Version : East Meets West Points Grievance Thread

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 03:52 PM
If you have any questions about your point total or suspect an error has been made in calculating your score, please post it here.

Remember... A player gets points for the last round he or she completes... So if he or she retires during a match, he or she only gets the points for the previous round completed.

Dry

e11even
10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Dry! :)

Just a question: When Dancevic (who had a BYE in 1R) lost to Schuettler in Tokyo, wasn't it still worth 2 points?

Thanks! :)

Jay
10-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi Dry! :)

Just a question: When Dancevic (who had a BYE in 1R) lost to Schuettler in Tokyo, wasn't it still worth 2 points?

Thanks! :)

A player receives points for the highest round he or she finishes, whether he wins it or not, unless he or she retires in said round.

Therefore, whoever had Dancevic received 2 points because he lost in the second round of Tokyo.

:)

dryrunguy
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
That's right, Jessie. According to my spreadsheet, e11even received 2 points for Dancevic in Tokyo.

Dry

Jay
10-13-2007, 01:26 PM
That's right, Jessie. According to my spreadsheet, e11even received 2 points for Dancevic in Tokyo.

Dry

Yep, according to mine as well.

dryrunguy
10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Jessie and e11even, I figured out what the issue is.

E11even also has Del Potro on the squad. He had a R1 bye but retired against Sela in R2, so those are 2 points E11even WOULD have had if Del Potro had finished the match. But since he didn't finish and it ws R2, he got zero points.

Hope that clears things up.

Dry

Jay
10-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Jessie and e11even, I figured out what the issue is.

E11even also has Del Potro on the squad. He had a R1 bye but retired against Sela in R2, so those are 2 points E11even WOULD have had if Del Potro had finished the match. But since he didn't finish and it ws R2, he got zero points.

Hope that clears things up.

Dry

Yeah, I didn't give people who had Del Potro points because of that (the fact that he retired in the second round rather than finishing the match).

e11even
10-13-2007, 03:50 PM
^ I knew I didn't earn points with respect to JMDP, but I think my Tokyo score was still short by 2 points (should have been 61) as I also had Berdych, Karlovic, Tursunov and Becker aside from Dancevic.

dryrunguy
10-13-2007, 04:10 PM
^ I knew I didn't earn points with respect to JMDP, but I think my Tokyo score was still short by 2 points (should have been 61) as I also had Berdych, Karlovic, Tursunov and Becker aside from Dancevic.

Ah hah!!! Now we're going somewhere. My spreadsheet says Berrer, not Becker.

Jessie, we'll need to correct that in our spreadsheets.

Thanks for bringing this up, E11even. We'll make the necessary corrections. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Dry

e11even
10-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks.. :) Although I could have earned Moscow SF points with Berrer haha! I actually initially selected him until I shifted to Mahut the last minute. Turned out to be a bad decision.

Jay
10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Ah hah!!! Now we're going somewhere. My spreadsheet says Berrer, not Becker.

Jessie, we'll need to correct that in our spreadsheets.

Thanks for bringing this up, E11even. We'll make the necessary corrections. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Dry

I just noticed that as well.

And yup, changing it.

and I also apologize for the inconvenience.

must have typed it down before you changed it, E11even

Tscott415
10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
hahahahaha omg how did i come in second for moscow in the ATP....could someone dissect my point total for that tourney

Jay
10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
hahahahaha omg how did i come in second for moscow in the ATP....could someone dissect my point total for that tourney
I wouldn't generally do this, but I guess I will this time ;)
you got 70 with Davydenko winning Moscow
You got 45 with Mathieu making it to the finals
and you have 2 points for Grosjean for a total of 117 ;)

dryrunguy
10-14-2007, 10:40 AM

Were you complaining about getting TOO MANY points, TS? :)

Dry

Jay
10-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Were you complaining about getting TOO MANY points, TS? :)

Dry

I think he wants us to take his points away and split it between the both of us:cheesy:;);)

I say we do this 70%-30%.

I get 70% :cheesy:

dryrunguy
10-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I think he wants us to take his points away and split it between the both of us:cheesy:;);)

I say we do this 70%-30%.

I get 70% :cheesy:

60-40... and you've got a deal, jessie. ;)

Dry

Jay
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
60-40... and you've got a deal, jessie. ;)

Dry

Deal :cheesy::cheesy:;) ;)

Tscott415
10-14-2007, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't generally do this, but I guess I will this time ;)
you got 70 with Davydenko winning Moscow
You got 45 with Mathieu making it to the finals
and you have 2 points for Grosjean for a total of 117 ;)

I had Mathieu on my team...cool.....and dry, i think ill keep my points....but if you wanna...do you wanna swap WTA points!

dryrunguy
10-14-2007, 03:51 PM
I had Mathieu on my team...cool.....and dry, i think ill keep my points....but if you wanna...do you wanna swap WTA points!

Let's talk in another week or so... ;)

Dry

JTContinental
10-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey, dry. Something is up with my score...not sure if it needs to be adjusted to my favor or my detrement.

Right now on the WTA scores, it says that I got 204 points for Zurich, but my score in the grand total for the WTA section says 159.

Then in the combined ATP/WTA score section, it says my total points for the WTA section is 204.

Jay
10-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey, dry. Something is up with my score...not sure if it needs to be adjusted to my favor or my detrement.

Right now on the WTA scores, it says that I got 204 points for Zurich, but my score in the grand total for the WTA section says 159.

Then in the combined ATP/WTA score section, it says my total points for the WTA section is 204.

Just looked at the spreadsheet. Actually, you were given too many points. Your total is 204 alltogether, not just for Zurich. You got 45 for Zurich. ;)

It's fixed :)

dryrunguy
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Really swamped with work. Just now checking into TAT. Thanks for following up on that, Jessie!

Dry

JTContinental
10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Just looked at the spreadsheet. Actually, you were given too many points. Your total is 204 alltogether, not just for Zurich. You got 45 for Zurich. ;)

It's fixed :)

Sigh...I figured as much. Stupid Justine.

Thanks for fixing, Jessie!

Jay
10-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Really swamped with work. Just now checking into TAT. Thanks for following up on that, Jessie!

Dry

I understand how that goes all too well. 'Tis ok :)

Sigh...I figured as much. Stupid Justine.

Thanks for fixing, Jessie!

No problem! :D:cool:

oohsalmon
10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
If points for team managers counted... (which they SHOULD), I would have tied for second in the WTA.

Zuzana would have accumulated nine points over the course of the five tournaments, which i believe is more than anyone in Category D (I think Zakopalova and Bascinzky have the most with seven).

But I am still totally ecstatic about everything :yahoo:

Jack
11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I have a grievance - my point total sucks. :mad: