PDA

View Full Version : The East Meets West Lounge

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Talk about your selections... Complain about your team... Praise your team... Order a cocktail from our esteemed bartender, Jessie... Whatever you want! Do it here!

And welcome!

Dry

GVGirl
09-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Looks great in here! Let me have an East drink- a Matai (sp?) and a Western drink- a Johnny Walker blue on the rocks!

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Looks great in here! Let me have an East drink- a Matai (sp?) and a Western drink- a Johnny Walker blue on the rocks!

GVGirl, rumor has it that, if you ask for a Johnny Weir on the rocks, Jessie will give you an extra shot. ;)

Dry

oploskoffie
09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, a lounge :lovestruck:

Can we expect more songs from GVG? :D

GVGirl
09-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, a lounge :lovestruck:

Can we expect more songs from GVG? :D

OOOHHH yes- I have to create a song..give me a few...hmmm East Meets West.

GVGirl
09-15-2007, 01:38 PM
My Lounge song attempt, please forgive me as I can barely remember this tune:

To the tune of "Pop Musik"

East West meets ten nis,
East West meets ten nis,
East West meets ten nis,
East West meets ten nis,

Ok Tokyo, get ready with the suitcase,
Pack for Luxembourg, want to win the ATP and WTA race
Madrid, Moscow and Basel for some
Stuttgart, and Linz not just for fun
No New York or London but Paris and Zurich,
Everybody talk about East meets West contest musik.

(This is what hapens when you mix scotch and Maities)

beaujarkko
09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
I dunno if there was a better place to put this, but I just sat down to look over everything and I'm amazed how well everything is organized and how concise it all is... the whole EMW forum looks amazing; you guys put a lot of work into this already! If I were a newbie, I'd be instantly drawn in. In my case, I'm a perennial 66th percentile Fantasy Tennis player, so I have really low expectations for how well my team will crash and burn perform in the upcoming tournaments.

I digressed a little. In summation, excellent job already Dry and Jessie!

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
I dunno if there was a better place to put this, but I just sat down to look over everything and I'm amazed how well everything is organized and how concise it all is... the whole EMW forum looks amazing; you guys put a lot of work into this already! If I were a newbie, I'd be instantly drawn in. In my case, I'm a perennial 66th percentile Fantasy Tennis player, so I have really low expectations for how well my team will crash and burn perform in the upcoming tournaments.

Wow! Thanks so much, beau. I'm blushing. :cheesy: And working with Jessie has been a breeze!

Dry

Tscott415
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree this is such a nice fantasy game and so well organized...i just hope my first fantasy tennis team is a decent one

suliso
09-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I just did some research for my WTA team and realized that fields are so small that NONE of C&D category players have direct entry in any tournaments... Smart use of substitutions for switching category A players will be crucial!

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I just did some research for my WTA team and realized that fields are so small that NONE of C&D category players have direct entry in any tournaments... Smart use of substitutions for switching category A players will be crucial!

Yup! But take Alona Bondarenko from last year... She was low-ranked and wreaked havoc on Mujeres a Madrid!

Dry

Jay
09-20-2007, 03:03 AM
Wow! Thanks so much, beau. I'm blushing. :cheesy: And working with Jessie has been a breeze!

Dry

you've been great to work with too ;)

Thanks, beau! :)

GVGirl
09-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Since I can't see the US-Sweden tie live, Let me drop in the lounge for a drink and make my picks for the contests. a glass of Alize please- Passion fruit flavor- yum!

Jay
09-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Come on Peoples!!

Time is running out!

Get your teams in!! :)

Since I can't see the US-Sweden tie live, Let me drop in the lounge for a drink and make my picks for the contests. a glass of Alize please- Passion fruit flavor- yum!
I think this is it.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/5a/79/fddkSpiritsBy_NameAllAlize_Passion_Fruit__Cognac-resized200.jpg

GVGirl
09-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Come on Peoples!!

Time is running out!

Get your teams in!! :)

I think this is it.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/5a/79/fddkSpiritsBy_NameAllAlize_Passion_Fruit__Cognac-resized200.jpg

Thank you Jessie!

dryrunguy
09-21-2007, 03:13 PM
c'mon, Peeps! Give me teams or give me death!!!! :cheesy:

Dry

mmmm8
09-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Just looked at people's women's picks. I hope no one tells Anna about all those people's fates she holds! It's enough pressure to try to defend two titles to keep your ranking! And now this!

oohsalmon
09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Just looked at people's women's picks. I hope no one tells Anna about all those people's fates she holds! It's enough pressure to try to defend two titles to keep your ranking! And now this!

I see Anna doing BIG things in 08. I'm talking a la Hingis's 97, but the competition is much much deeper now.

My WTA team is up! I would love for more people to join, although a small contest gives me a good shot at getting one of the 7-9 medals that EMW is giving out :)

Jack
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm just going on record as saying I hate the fall tennis contests, because the draws are so small you have no one ranked outside of the top 40 playing, and then you get, like, Henin vs. Sharapova in the 1R of Linz. From a spectator or fan perspective, it's awesome, but to predict the results, well it just sucks. :mad:

oohsalmon
09-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Jack, let me firstly say that I love your avatar. Big Brett fan.

Secondly, should I be mocked for not drafting AnaI?

oploskoffie
09-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Jack, let me firstly say that I love your avatar. Big Brett fan.

Secondly, should I be mocked for not drafting AnaI?

Hell no! I'm still thinking of putting Patty on my team as well... :)

Jack
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
That's the thing - there's no telling who to draft for these indoor events. You know there's going to be at least 43 withdrawals from each event. If you're looking at entry lists, you'd be better off interpreting it as the names who AREN'T on the lists are the one who will play.

Hell, I was thinking of drafting Julie Halard-Decugis.

mmmm8
09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
That's the thing - there's no telling who to draft for these indoor events. You know there's going to be at least 43 withdrawals from each event. If you're looking at entry lists, you'd be better off interpreting it as the names who AREN'T on the lists are the one who will play.

Hell, I was thinking of drafting Julie Halard-Decugis.

I think you're forgetting withdrawals from qualifying. That's another 20-30 at least

nelslus
09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
That stupid Hag Safarova.

Maybe if she learned to behave like a lady, she could go about the business of actually winning matches, and not screw up Team Nelslus so early. :gun:

oohsalmon
09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
My team captain qualified!!!

Can anyone else say that about their team? I didn't think so...;)

oploskoffie
09-26-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm so happy with Bepa right now :cheesy: This almost makes up for me ditching Zakopalova as a category D pick :rolleyes:

mmmm8
09-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I have Peer :mad:

dryrunguy
09-26-2007, 08:16 AM
It's not very often that my predictions coincide with my fantasy team, but in Vera's case, I FINALLY got something right! Woo hoo!

Dry

Miles
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
It's not very often that my predictions coincide with my fantasy team, but in Vera's case, I FINALLY got something right! Woo hoo!

Dry

Dry -- Sticking pins in that voodoo doll of Peer's seems to be working for you.

Zvonareva def. Peer 46 61 64

Let all WTA players be warned not to mess with our Dry.

oohsalmon
09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm so happy with Bepa right now :cheesy: This almost makes up for me ditching Zakopalova as a category D pick :rolleyes:

Zakopalova!!!

Am I the only one who had her?

dryrunguy
09-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Dry -- Sticking pins in that voodoo doll of Peer's seems to be working for you.

Zvonareva def. Peer 46 61 64

Let all WTA players be warned not to mess with our Dry.

LOL, krutin! I really don't mean any ill will. I nearly put her on my squad. But I didn't like her draw at all in Luxembourg, and she was pretty pricey at 15 in Category B.

Dry

dryrunguy
09-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Zakopalova!!!

Am I the only one who had her?

Actually three other people have her, too, salmon... Scotty, shtexas, and martini. To me, she'll always be the "thank God that woman didn't hyphenate when she got married" player of the WTA. Klara Koukalova-Zakopalova doesn't exactly trip off the tongue. ;)

oohsalmon
09-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Actually three other people have her, too, salmon... Scotty, shtexas, and martini. To me, she'll always be the "thank God that woman didn't hyphenate when she got married" player of the WTA. Klara Koukalova-Zakopalova doesn't exactly trip off the tongue. ;)

Klara may wind up being a good answer to one of the 20 Q's - 08 Aussie questions I have planned...:rolleyes:

nelslus
09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Has anyone heard whatever happened to that has-been Zuzana Ondraskova? :ponder:

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I just realized I COMPLETELY screwed up my original squad for the women's contest. I started with too many credits and can't use the subs when I wanted to.... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

suliso
09-30-2007, 01:56 PM
I just realized I COMPLETELY screwed up my original squad for the women's contest. I started with too many credits and can't use the subs when I wanted to.... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

:wall::wall::wall::wall:

:grouphug:

But seriously that's the most important thing one has to consider while making a team. Can't start with say 96 points an still hope to bring in Fed + Djoko/Rafa for the big tournaments...

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
:grouphug:

But seriously that's the most important thing one has to consider while making a team. Can't start with say 96 points an still hope to bring in Fed + Djoko/Rafa for the big tournaments...

What sucks is that I'm only 1 point off. And my three best players all landed in the same quarter in Stuttgart.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!

Dry

Drop-shot
09-30-2007, 02:06 PM
What sucks is that I'm only 1 point off. And my three best players all landed in the same quarter in Stuttgart.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!

Dry

that's exactly why I had such a hard time configuring the ATP team, and still I compromised. My whole outcome is Berdych-dependent, if he flops I'm out.

I had to change one of the Anas for Henin since both Anas are next to each other = point squandering

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 02:08 PM
that's exactly why I had such a hard time configuring the ATP team, and still I compromised. My whole outcome is Berdych-dependent, if he flops I'm out.

I had to change one of the Anas for Henin since both Anas are next to each other = point squandering

The Stuttgart draw is straight from the deepest pit of hell. It could not POSSIBLY have been worse for me. :mad:

dry

suliso
09-30-2007, 02:11 PM
The Stuttgart draw is straight from the deepest pit of hell. It could not POSSIBLY have been worse for me. :mad:

dry

Can't you change to get some one from the top half of the draw?

Drop-shot
09-30-2007, 02:26 PM

dry

For the important tourneys I plan to offer human sacrifices to appease the Draw Gods

oohsalmon
09-30-2007, 02:28 PM
For the important tourneys I plan to offer human sacrifices to appease the Draw Gods

Have you considered offering Andy Murray?

Drop-shot
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Have you considered offering Andy Murray?

This Andy Murray that you speak of... is he worthy?

mmmm8
09-30-2007, 02:59 PM
So, did everyone but me find the Bercy entry list?

oohsalmon
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
This Andy Murray that you speak of... is he worthy?

Hardly, but wouldn't it be fun?

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Can't you change to get some one from the top half of the draw?

Sure... But is worth using a sub? I can't get Henin without using my second sub as well. And Jankovic ain't exactly burning down the house these days. Can't bank on Mauresmo. Dementieva could surprise; she could also lose first round.

I think, after week 1, I've accepted the fact that I'm royally screwed.

Dry

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM

May I recommend Mary Carillo?

Dry

Tscott415
09-30-2007, 08:44 PM
pass me a drink....28 for the WTA after round one....not a good start

Tscott415
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Dry

That wouldnt work...the sight of Carillo would just anger the gods just as it does to everyone who has standards above that of trash

Drop-shot
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM

Dry

I'm not familiar with that specimen, what are her attributes? (Don't want to give the gods indigestion.)

dryrunguy
10-01-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm not familiar with that specimen, what are her attributes? (Don't want to give the gods indigestion.)

Tobasco sauce comes to mind... If the gods aren't alergic to that, they should be just fine. ;)

Dry

Drop-shot
10-04-2007, 10:00 AM
yesterday Chaks versus Golovin, today Tursonov falls against F-Lo, my teams are working hard to see who sucks the most and to sink any hopes that I may have of doing moderately well. Or, they could be competing for a place on my Black List

awkw4rd nub
10-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Looks like I subbed in the wrong Bondarenko.

munchin
10-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Looks like I subbed in the wrong Bondarenko.

WHoa, I just realized I picked the right Bondarenko. I did so poorly last week, that's the kinda pick-me-up I needed.

dryrunguy
10-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Not that I really WANT to encourage substitutions because that's just more work for me, I feel behooved to remind everyone that, if they want to make any substitutions for Moscow, it's time to start getting them in.

Remember, please note your substitutions in your original post. Just make it clear to us that you made a substitution.

Also, remember you are allowed up to two substitutions for each the ATP and WTA during the entire contest. So use your substitutions wisely and sparingly.

Good luck!

Dry

Drop-shot
10-07-2007, 12:15 PM
I just looked at the Moscow draws... and am horrified
only Chaks plays for my team, I know Henin withdrew, but weren't Szavay and Safarova supposed to play?
and to cap it off, half of my ATP team plays, but they're ALL on the same half of the draw.
I'm soooo tanking this contest:(

oohsalmon
10-07-2007, 12:30 PM
only Chaks plays for my team

You think that's bad? I only have Schnyder :lipsrsealed:

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 12:57 PM
You see, I screwed that up, too... I figured Chaks was about one loss away from getting her own Wikipedia entry announcing that she was addicted to heroin and had been run over by a bus. But it turns out she probably WILL play about ever week, unless she starts hanging out with Britney. I SHOULD have canned Ivanovic instead.

Dry

awkw4rd nub
10-11-2007, 08:57 AM
The Russians are killing me! Chaks, Tursunov, and Youzhny all lost already and the one Russian I subbed out (Vera) is winning.

:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

dryrunguy
10-11-2007, 09:12 AM
The Russians are killing me! Chaks, Tursunov, and Youzhny all lost already and the one Russian I subbed out (Vera) is winning.

:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

Sorry about that, nub. This reminds me, I need to update the WTA spreadsheet...

Dry

e11even
10-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Whoa! I'm glad to have topped the WTA rankings of EMW even possibly only this week. Would have helped more if Serena wasn't upset in Moscow, as I have no more room for Justine!

Props to Davydenko for defending his Moscow title and for giving me much-needed hope in the ATP side! ;)

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:01 PM
HELP!!!!

I have one WTA substitution left. Gotta do it now. I only have Golovin (and possibly Molik if Peng suffers a massive aneurism between now and tomorrow) in the draw. I need to get someone in from the top half (as if Tati is a lock in her half... Major as if)... From which I'm fairly certain the finalist will be largely accidental.

Any advice?

P.S.--If you're leading in the standings or are close to passing me, I'll be extremely suspicious of any advice your suggest. ;) Contest vultures, the whole lot a you.

Dry

oohsalmon
10-21-2007, 04:04 PM
HELP!!!!

I have one WTA substitution left. Gotta do it now. I only have Golovin (and possibly Molik if Peng suffers a massive aneurism between now and tomorrow) in the draw. I need to get someone in from the top half (as if Tati is a lock in her half... Major as if)... From which I'm fairly certain the finalist will be largely accidental.

Any advice?

P.S.--If you're leading in the standings or are close to passing me, I'll be extremely suspicious of any advice your suggest. ;) Contest vultures, the whole lot a you.

Dry

I put in Vaidisova :)

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I put in Vaidisova :)

She's in Golovin's half, though. :(

I have to choose from Chaks (who hasn't been able to beat a rug), wacky Patty, Bartoli, Radwanska, and a few others with ALL sorts of issues--sometimes both below the shoulders and above the shoulders. Had Vaidisova landed in the top section, there'd be no question for me.

Dry

oohsalmon
10-21-2007, 04:10 PM
She's in Golovin's half, though. :(

I have to choose from Chaks (who hasn't been able to beat a rug), wacky Patty, Bartoli, Radwanska, and a few others with ALL sorts of issues--sometimes both below the shoulders and above the shoulders. Had Vaidisova landed in the top section, there'd be no question for me.

Dry

Zuzana lost in qualifying/was a victim of horrible discrimination in EMW, so that's all the advice I have ;).

craighickman
10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
HELP!!!!

Any advice?

Dry

I'm in the same predicament, dry. And I haven't a clue who to sub in. I think Tati is tired, so...

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Zuzana lost in qualifying/was a victim of horrible discrimination in EMW, so that's all the advice I have ;).

Have you thought about talking to a professional about this, salmon? I like you and am worried that, without some form of intervention, you're soon going to find yourself in a place with lots of green walls where you can only take off the straightjacket to eat chocolate cake and go outside to pet deer... Both of which are pure figments of the imagination...

Dry

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm in the same predicament, dry. And I haven't a clue who to sub in. I think Tati is tired, so...

I don't know how tired Tati is... But I know this... Tati is Tati. It's crunch time for me, and there's a TAT contest involved. Which means I'm about 99% sure she's going to let me down regardless... You know me... Ever the optimist.

Dry

craighickman
10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't know how tired Tati is... But I know this... Tati is Tati. It's crunch time for me, and there's a TAT contest involved. Which means I'm about 99% sure she's going to let me down regardless... You know me... Ever the optimist.

Dry

I have Tati too, but I'm not taking her out. I simply haven't a clue who to sub in, whether they be in the top half or the bottom along with Tati.

Something tells me Vaidisova is going to win the title, so... But who knows? She's not the most predictable player either, so...

Jay
10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Have you thought about talking to a professional about this, salmon? I like you and am worried that, without some form of intervention, you're soon going to find yourself in a place with lots of green walls where you can only take off the straightjacket to eat chocolate cake and go outside to pet deer... Both of which are pure figments of the imagination...

Dry

Are you speaking from experience, Dry? ;)

I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards Nicole, though.
On the men's side, I haven't the faintest clue who to sub in.

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I have Tati too, but I'm not taking her out. I simply haven't a clue who to sub in, whether they be in the top half or the bottom along with Tati.

Something tells me Vaidisova is going to win the title, so... But who knows? She's not the most predictable player either, so...

Craig, just a little background... THIS is the point where I almost always make that fatal error that kills me. Hence, the source of my stress. I still have an outside shot to do well, so I'm just afraid I'm going to make yet another fatal error. :(

Dry

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Are you speaking from experience, Dry? ;)

I'm in the same boat. I'm leaning towards Nicole, though.
On the men's side, I haven't the faintest clue who to sub in.

I guess all my secrets are getting spilled tonight... Kind of backed into that one, though. :rolleyes:

:cheesy:

Dry

craighickman
10-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Craig, just a little background... THIS is the point where I almost always make that fatal error that kills me. Hence, the source of my stress. I still have an outside shot to do well, so I'm just afraid I'm going to make yet another fatal error. :(

Dry

Well, the Basel draw absolutely killed me and I've made both ATP subs already, so....

But I never do that well with WTA predictions, (probably because I almsot always refuse to put a certain someone on my teams) so....

suliso
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I only have Radwanska and Bammer so I need someone from the bottom half. Too many folks already have Tati. I think I will go with Nicole...

dryrunguy
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, the Basel draw absolutely killed me and I've made both ATP subs already, so....

But I never do that well with WTA predictions, (probably because I almsot always refuse to put a certain someone on my teams) so....

I SHOULD have done what several other did last week... Put Vaidisova on my roster and not worry about this now. But I was determined to save a sub for the last week in case someone important pulled out (been nailed by THAT one, too). I could kill both Ivanovic and Jankovic... They were both on the entry list for Linz as of just a few weeks ago. When I screwed up to start with and didn't leave room to sub in Henin, I've been running uphill ever since... :( Perhaps I should just accept the inevitable. I'm fantasy tennis fertilizer.

Dry

Drop-shot
10-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I only have Bartoli for Linz, after:
-dropping Chaks due to her withdrawal from other tournaments and inability to add points
-Szavay got injured
-Safarova also withdrew

so from 3 or 4 players I COULD'VE had playing at Linz, now I'm stuck with one sole survivor.
:mad:

mmmm8
10-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm still waiting for Sarra Errani to win me this contest.

oohsalmon
10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
If it comes down to it, points earned by team manager should definitely be the tiebreak :).

Jay
10-21-2007, 05:41 PM
I guess all my secrets are getting spilled tonight... Kind of backed into that one, though. :rolleyes:

:cheesy:

Dry

Puhleeze.

Your dirty laundry has been put out there a long time ago ;)

oohsalmon
10-28-2007, 12:23 AM
Patty, thank you for coming through for me in Linz. I still think you were a wise pick even though you stunk for four weeks (losing to Schiavone? the hell?), but you were considerate enough to play every EMW tournament, and for that I am grateful :)

Now please, channel your inner Patti the Platypus and keep Daniela swimming with the whales!

http://www.ty.com/images/products/426_lg.gif

Go Daniela too. Woohoo for win-wins!

oohsalmon
10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Woohoo for win-wins!

I love win-wins so much that I put Andy Murray in as a Paris sub. I am completely without scruples, I know :spank2:.

Jay
10-28-2007, 01:07 AM
I love win-wins so much that I put Andy Murray in as a Paris sub. I am completely without scruples, I know :spank2:.
YOU SLUT!

You shall now, and forever, be known as an Andy Murray LOVER

YOU LOVE ANDY MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrjiggyfly2
10-29-2007, 05:17 AM
And of course Tursunov loses to Mardy Fish. :pissedoff:

I begging Wawrinka to beat Kiefer or Spadea to beat Janko. Unfortunately, I believe a perfect storm is brewing against me.

Could one of my players other than Federer just win a match???????????????

craighickman
10-29-2007, 05:26 AM
And of course Tursunov loses to Mardy Fish. :pissedoff:

I begging Wawrinka to beat Kiefer or Spadea to beat Janko. Unfortunately, I believe a perfect storm is brewing against me.

Could one of my players other than Federer just win a match???????????????

No. ;)

mrjiggyfly2
10-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately, I think you're right craig. I've got Einstein's theory of negativity working on me. I'm going to bed. hopefully when I wake up, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

nelslus
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
I actually made the wild 'n crazy substitution this week of replacing Ferrer with Gonzo. Figured Gonzo was out of the way of Fed- and, I didn't have enough room to sub in any of the big boys. Well, in any case- I'M A GENIUS!!!!

At least I still have Wonder Pets. :sweetheart:

mrjiggyfly2
10-31-2007, 07:51 AM
Kolya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craighickman
10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Allez Richie!!!!

mrjiggyfly2
11-01-2007, 05:29 AM
That's more like the Kolya I expected----fighting til the end.

The disparity of his Slam results to non-Slam results is Nalbandianesque.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Federer fans, please ignore me for just a moment...

Well done, David! Unfortunately, this is the second of about 45 specific things that must transpire just for me to scrape up enough points for an EMW medal, seeing as I'm both trying to climb up and hold off people who WERE behind me as of Sunday. I need nothing short of a Ferrer/Nadal final, and thanks to Mr. Koffie, I think Nadal MUST win that... As if there aren't plenty of opportunities for him to stumble between now and then. And these breezes NEVER blow my way... :mad:

Dry

nelslus
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Stupid East Meets West Contest. :mad:

Foxykhat
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

Well done, David! Unfortunately, this is the second of about 45 specific things that must transpire just for me to scrape up enough points for an EMW medal, seeing as I'm both trying to climb up and hold off people who WERE behind me as of Sunday. I need nothing short of a Ferrer/Nadal final, and thanks to Mr. Koffie, I think Nadal MUST win that... As if there aren't plenty of opportunities for him to stumble between now and then. And these breezes NEVER blow my way... :mad:

Dry

I don't stand a chance so WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Nole and Roger hurt me big time, and the rest of my team is MEH.

Foxy

GVGirl
11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

Foxy

My team has been garbage from the beginning.:(

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Stupid East Meets West Contest. :mad:

I'll completely agree with you when I have finished 4th in the ATP and 4th in the overall contest... :mad: With the latter most likely involving me being out of 3rd by 1 point. I try to be a nice person, so I don't quite get why I've got such rotten tennis karma.

Dry

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Dry

I was actually on my way to this thread to congratulate you.

Here's hoping your big move pays off. Because you need more medals :p

Well done, all the same :overhead_clap:

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM

Foxy

I don't really, either... Right now I'm on EMW life support... And craighickman just put in my feeding tube.

Dry

nelslus
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I'll completely agree with you when I have finished 4th in the ATP and 4th in the overall contest... :mad: With the latter most likely involving me being out of 3rd by 1 point. I try to be a nice person, so I don't quite get why I've got such rotten tennis karma.

Dry

OH, I feel so sorry for you with your stupid four medals....:mad:

It may be nap time or time-out for nelslus any minute now....

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I was actually on my way to this thread to congratulate you.

Here's hoping your big move pays off. Because you need more medals :p

Well done, all the same :overhead_clap:

Don't congratulate me yet, salmon. Like I said, there are about 9,578 things that can still go wrong.

And I could just kill Federer for showing up in the first place... :mad:

Dry

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
OH, I feel so sorry for you with your stupid four medals....:mad:

It may be nap time or time-out for nelslus any minute now....

Please. Like Moose, I got those medals when TAT consisted of about four regular posters and none of them liked contests. ;) (Which actually isn't true in Moose's case.)

Dry

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Please. Like Moose, I got those medals when TAT consisted of about four regular posters and none of them liked contests. ;) (Which actually isn't true in Moose's case.)

Dry

A medal is a medal is a medal.

Which got me thinking...what is the most coveted medal on TAT? SPs? Predictions?

I should add here that I am still absolutely floored to have medaled in EMW. I will be re-stunned now everytime I see a post of mine with two medals on it.

Jay
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM

Which got me thinking...what is the most coveted medal on TAT? SPs? Predictions?

I should add here that I am still absolutely floored to have medaled in EMW. I will be re-stunned now everytime I see a post of mine with two medals on it.

SLUT.

I'm betting you slept your way to that Medal.

WHORE.

craighickman
11-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't really, either... Right now I'm on EMW life support... And craighickman just put in my feeding tube.

Dry

I don't follow.

Jay
11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't follow.

You're killing people in EMW, Craig.

;)

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 03:38 PM
SLUT.

I'm betting you slept your way to that Medal.

WHORE.

Actually, tramp, I double checked my score to make sure nobody rigged it for me. I am such a fan favorite that I always worry about people cheating on my behalf.

But I can't take any credit for this medal at all. All credit should be given to Zuzana, who shone in her role as team manager. Zuzana led by example--actually winning more matches than most anyone on the team during the contest.

Zuzana may wind up being the most sought after coach in the biz. Tiit Kivistik better watch his back.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I don't follow.

By still having Nalbandian and Gasquet alive... And both have a realistic shot at staying alive. You're killing me.

Dry

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM

Suicide pools. Easily. But that's just my opinion. There are just SO many people involved. And when you combine that with the Golovins, Vliegens, and Vaidisovas of this world... It's awfully tough to pull off.

Dry

Jay
11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Actually, tramp, I double checked my score to make sure nobody rigged it for me. I am such a fan favorite that I always worry about people cheating on my behalf.

But I can't take any credit for this medal at all. All credit should be given to Zuzana, who shone in her role as team manager. Zuzana led by example--actually winning more matches than most anyone on the team during the contest.

Zuzana may wind up being the most sought after coach in the biz. Tiit Kivistik better watch his back.

Listen here, ya floozy, your lies aren't fooling me.

I've seen the footage on video.

WHORE.

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 04:06 PM

WHORE.

You told me you weren't gonna film us...

The last thing I need is another sex tape... :(

Foxykhat
11-01-2007, 04:08 PM

WHORE.

Hey take this to the regular place.

Foxy

craighickman
11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
By still having Nalbandian and Gasquet alive... And both have a realistic shot at staying alive. You're killing me.

Dry

Oh, okay. Thanks.

I read this thread for the humor of it all, but I don't follow the contest closely enough to know what needs to happen for me to medal and I've only looked at mrjiggy's team once since the beginning of the contest.

I've won exactly one tennis contest and generally fail miserably, but I play for the fun of it. I was surprised I got the lead after Madrid and thought I would surrender it after Basel because most of my players beat each other up early, so I was surprised again. Whatever happens on Sunday will also be a surprise.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks.

I read this thread for the humor of it all, but I don't follow the contest closely enough to know what needs to happen for me to medal and I've only looked at mrjiggy's team once since the beginning of the contest.

I've won exactly one tennis contest and generally fail miserably, but I play for the fun of it. I was surprised I got the lead after Madrid and thought I would surrender it after Basel because most of my players beat each other up early, so I was surprised again. Whatever happens on Sunday will also be a surprise.

Well, I for one think you handled the WTA side extremely well and the ATP side absolutely brilliantly. I NEVER, not once, considered putting Nalbandian on my squad. Just pure brilliance. I think Drop-Shot has him too if I remember correctly, which is why I'm also looking over my shoulder, along with several others.

Dry

Jay
11-01-2007, 04:26 PM

:hyst: I wasn't the one who filmed.....someone else did. ;) ;)

no, but seriously,

Congrats on the medal! :D

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Suicide pools. Easily. But that's just my opinion. There are just SO many people involved. And when you combine that with the Golovins, Vliegens, and Vaidisovas of this world... It's awfully tough to pull off.

Dry

Beating the draw in the FOSP was awesome...it's cool how in order to beat a draw, you have to be perfect. Although winning medals as last one standing in a bloody pool would also be very cool in a war of attrition sort of way.

Although SP medals are by far the most common. And I think in the FOSP where I won, there were something like 30+ winners. But whatever. Having to be right every day is not easy, and playing the SPs is what got me into TAT, and I didn't really get too into TAT until I beat the draw. So that one will always be near and dear to me.

This was a lot of drivel...in short, I don't know.

Jay
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey take this to the regular place.

Foxy

Your place on Friday?
Sweet :D

on to other things...

I suck in EMW. :(

Who do I have to sleep with to get a medal?

oh, right, Myself.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Your place on Friday?

on to other things...

oh, right, Myself.

Or you could just read some of Joycelyn Elders' speeches... ;)

Dry

Foxykhat
11-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Your place on Friday?

on to other things...

oh, right, Myself.

Nope that would be Alice's place as my place is Ménage à trois (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/246250.html) intolerant.

Foxy

Jay
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Or you could just read some of Joycelyn Elders' speeches... ;)

Dry
I had to wiki her because I didn't know who she was. From wiki..
LOL@ this: "She was asked whether it would be appropriate to promote masturbation as a means of preventing young people from engaging in riskier forms of sexual activity, and she replied, "I think that it is part of human sexuality, and perhaps it should be taught." This remark caused great controversy, especially among conservative Christian groups and right wing interests in the United States"

and these quotes from her: ""We know that more than 70 to 80% of women masturbate, and 90% of men masturbate, and the rest lie."
and ""Condoms will break, but I can assure you that vows of abstinence will break more easily than condoms."

She was quite the character, I take it LOL :hyst:

Nope that would be Alice's place as my place is Ménage à trois (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/246250.html) intolerant.

Foxy

oh puhleez. Like THAT'S ever stopped us before ;)

mrjiggyfly2
11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Oh, okay. Thanks.

I don't follow the contest match by match, but you must be in the driver's seat at this point. The Nalbandian move is huge.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I had to wiki her because I didn't know who she was. From wiki..
LOL@ this: "She was asked whether it would be appropriate to promote masturbation as a means of preventing young people from engaging in riskier forms of sexual activity, and she replied, "I think that it is part of human sexuality, and perhaps it should be taught." This remark caused great controversy, especially among conservative Christian groups and right wing interests in the United States"

and these quotes from her: ""We know that more than 70 to 80% of women masturbate, and 90% of men masturbate, and the rest lie."
and ""Condoms will break, but I can assure you that vows of abstinence will break more easily than condoms."

She was quite the character, I take it LOL :hyst:

oh puhleez. Like THAT'S ever stopped us before ;)

Get this, Jessie... When I worked for the Feds, I was offered the job as her speechwriter... I seriously thought about it. But then I heard that she marked up the speeches in her car on the way to the event, which was one of her many sources of trouble during her tenure... So I decided it was best to stay put and keep writing speeches about the impact of Medicaid waivers on public sector mental health care... Not nearly as sexy, for sure. But it was safe. No pun intended.

Dry

nelslus
11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Get this, Jessie... When I worked for the Feds, I was offered the job as her speechwriter... I seriously thought about it. But then I heard that she marked up the speeches in her car on the way to the event, which was one of her many sources of trouble during her tenure... So I decided it was best to stay put and keep writing speeches about the impact of Medicaid waivers on public sector mental health care... Not nearly as sexy, for sure. But it was safe. No pun intended.

Dry

I remain a fan of Ms. Elders- and wish this country could be adult enough to deal with folks who.....well, tell the truth.

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
I remain a fan of Ms. Elders- and wish this country could be adult enough to deal with folks who.....well, tell the truth.

Absolutely agreed... Not to mention that what she got fired for was just plain good public health.

Dry

nelslus
11-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Absolutely agreed... Not to mention that what she got fired for was just plain good public health.

Dry

Actually tried to work on policies to try to keep folks alive- WHAT a monster. (I love the comment about 90% of men masturbate and the rest are liars. Of course, not that WE HE-MEN of TAT ever masturbate.....) :gorgeous:

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Actually tried to work on policies to try to keep folks alive- WHAT a monster. (I love the comment about 90% of men masturbate and the rest are liars. Of course, not that WE HE-MEN of TAT ever masturbate.....) :gorgeous:

Actually, when I was kid, Phil Donohue said it was 95%, and the other 5% were liars... But it's not important enough to me to quibble about it. ;) I remember it clearly because I was having a major acne outbreak at the time, and I was blaming, well, that...

Dry

nelslus
11-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Nelslus wants it to be officially noted that, when this is the first contest thread to get dumpsterized- and it WILL- Jessie was the first one to use the naughty-word.

oohsalmon
11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Nelslus wants it to be officially noted that, when this is the first contest thread to get dumpsterized- and it WILL- Jessie was the first one to use the naughty-word.

Dry and Jessie have run this contest beautifully, and it's only fitting that they were the ones to beautifully run it into the dumpster.;)

dryrunguy
11-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Dry and Jessie have run this contest beautifully, and it's only fitting that they were the ones to beautifully run it into the dumpster.;)

Hey, I just followed along! I blame Messie Jessie and Nelslut Nelslus. Besides, it that subject matter so automatically dumpsterizable?

Dry

dryrunguy
11-02-2007, 08:46 AM
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
Man on my squad
Stand beside him
And guide him
Through the court, give him strength from above
O’er the tower
Through ol’ Paris
In the battle, Ride with God
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope

craighickman
11-02-2007, 08:50 AM
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
Man on my squad
Stand beside him
And guide him
O’er the tower
Through ol’ Paris
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope

I'm worried about you.

dryrunguy
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
Man on my squad
Stand beside him
And guide him
O’er the tower
Through ol’ Paris
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope
God bless Da-veed Ferrer
My last real hope

What a putz... :mad:

Dry

nelslus
11-02-2007, 11:08 AM
What a putz... :mad:

Dry

FACE it, Dry, Craig is older and has more insurance. AND rubs it in with ya by sayin' he doesn't even care about these contests.

Craig OWNS us with this contest now. ;)

dryrunguy
11-02-2007, 11:29 AM
FACE it, Dry, Craig is older and has more insurance. AND rubs it in with ya by sayin' he doesn't even care about these contests.

Craig OWNS us with this contest now. ;)

If craig is older than I am, it's not by much. Of course, I realize that I don't look my years... Hell, sometimes I still get carded for alcohol. :)

Dry

nelslus
11-02-2007, 11:45 AM
If craig is older than I am, it's not by much. Of course, I realize that I don't look my years... Hell, sometimes I still get carded for alcohol. :)

Dry

OH- I have NO idea how old y'all are. I just saw my chance to quote "Fried Green Tomatoes" is all and ran with it. :cheesy:

dryrunguy
11-02-2007, 11:58 AM
OH- I have NO idea how old y'all are. I just saw my chance to quote "Fried Green Tomatoes" is all and ran with it. :cheesy:

And ya done good!

Incidentally, I've been 21 17 times.

Dry

craighickman
11-02-2007, 12:00 PM
And ya done good!

Incidentally, I've been 21 17 times.

Dry

I'm older than you.

nelslus
11-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm older than you.

Face it, I win THIS contest. :gorgeous:

craighickman
11-02-2007, 12:22 PM

It is what it is. I was just giving credence to your movie quote. Now about that insurance thing...

Scotty
11-02-2007, 12:29 PM

OK, that kind of contest reminds me of a silly old joke:

a guy was set up on a blind date, and took his date to a carnival. They ate cotton candy, and then went on a roller coaster. Then he asked his date what do do next.

"I wanna get weighed" said the date. So he took the date over to the guy who guesses your weight and age. He didn't guess close enough on the weight, so they won a prize.

Then they had corn dogs, and went on another ride. Again, he asked his date what to do next.

"I wanna get weighed" said the date. So they went BACK to the guy who guesses your weight. Since he remembered the guy's date (and their weight), they didn't win a prize.

Then they had kettle corn, walked the midway, and went in the fun house. Finally, the guy asked his date one more time what to do next.

"I wanna get WEIGHED" said the date, emphatically. By this time, the guy figured his date was really weird, so he drove them home.

When the date walked in the door, the roomate asked "How was your date?"

"Wousy" said the date.