PDA

View Full Version : Ask Questions Here

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 11:20 AM
If you have any questions about how this fantasy tournament works, please feel free to ask them here! We'll answer them as quickly as possible.

Dry

Jay
09-15-2007, 10:21 PM
If you have any questions about how this fantasy tournament works, please feel free to ask them here! We'll answer them as quickly as possible.

Dry

Bump

oohsalmon
09-15-2007, 10:50 PM
So are there separate standings/winners for WTA and ATP?

Jay
09-15-2007, 11:01 PM
So are there separate standings/winners for WTA and ATP?

That's a good question.

To my knowledge, there will be one winner for each, and an overall winner. So yes, there will be separate winners..but also a combined winner, if that makes sense.

The standings will be a combined standings, not separate.

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, there will be a combined contest winner, an ATP winner, and a WTA winner... Three winners.... But they could conceivably one person.

Dry

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Hmmmm. I see another chance for Kirkus to finally win a frickin' medal.

Jay
09-15-2007, 11:16 PM

Kirkus...you and I....we're always the Bridemaids, never the brides..so I can relate, ya know ;)

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Kirkus...you and I....we're always the Bridemaids, never the brides..so I can relate, ya know ;)

If we keep this up we'll have to marry each other. Screw the medals! Bastards!

I know this is hijacking, my bad. I'll shut up now.

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 11:53 PM

Got TAT Dollars? Because we could always work something out.... Just sayin'....

Dry

oohsalmon
09-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Kirkus, you could always give Jessie some hardware for that 20 Q's win ;)

Jay
09-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Kirkus, you could always give Jessie some hardware for that 20 Q's win ;)

a lil' ribbon would be nice ;)

beaujarkko
09-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Ugh I feel so stupid for asking this, but are we allowed unlimited substitutions up until the start of the contest, or are any subs we make before the contest begins included in our 2-per-tour total?

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Ugh I feel so stupid for asking this, but are we allowed unlimited substitutions up until the start of the contest, or are any subs we make before the contest begins included in our 2-per-tour total?

You can make all the changes you want to before the contest begins. Subs only count after the first tournament starts for each of the two contests.

Dry

Drop-shot
09-19-2007, 07:06 PM
hmmm has anyone found the player's list for the Moscow tournament?, I didn't find it at the site given in the other thread

Jay
09-19-2007, 07:14 PM
hmmm has anyone found the player's list for the Moscow tournament?, I didn't find it at the site given in the other thread
I haven't found anything either, but I can look on a few forums I know might have them if you want.

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I didn't, either. :mad: But maybe someone on TAT has another resource and will post it here.

Dry

Drop-shot
09-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I haven't found anything either, but I can look on a few forums I know might have them if you want.

I'd appreciate it:)

suliso
09-19-2007, 07:18 PM

WTA list is still a state secret, but ATP list is available here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=108933

There might be some changes since it hasn't been updated for several days. Safin, for example, is definitely not playing.

suliso
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Russian version of Moscow tournament's website has player lists for both men an women:

http://www.kremlincup.ru/list_w.shtml

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Suliso!

Drop-shot
09-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Russian version of Moscow tournament's website has player lists for both men an women:

thanks,
now if only I knew Russian;)
i'll just copy the rankings and connect the names

mmmm8
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Doubt people can read that.

Henin
Kuznetsova
Chakvetadze
Mauresmo
Bartoli
Schnyder
Dementieva
Vaidisova
Safina
Bammer
A. Bondarenkoa
Safarova
Schiavone
Mirza
Zvonareva
Santangelo
Radwanska
Krajicek
Kirilenko
Daniilidou
Loit

It is most likely that Justine has withdrawn and the TDs are just not announcing it, as it is no longer on her schedule on her official site.

The list also doesn't list Sharapova and Serena Williams. The tournament announced them today.

Jay
09-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks m8 and Suliso :D

suliso
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
thanks,
now if only I knew Russian;)
i'll just copy the rankings and connect the names

No need... They have- Henin, Kuznetsova, Chakvetadze, Mauresmo, Bartoli, Schnyder, Dementieva, Vaidisova, Safina, Bammer, A. Bondarenko, Safarova, Schiavone, Mirza, Zvonareva, Santangelo, Radwanska, Krajicek, Kirilenko. Danillidou and Loit.

There are also rumors about possible wild cards to Sharapova and Serena.

But of course mmmm8 was faster than me. No surprise there ;)

mmmm8
09-19-2007, 07:35 PM
No need... They have- Henin, Kuznetsova, Chakvetadze, Mauresmo, Bartoli, Schnyder, Dementieva, Vaidisova, Safina, Bammer, A. Bondarenko, Safarova, Schiavone, Mirza, Zvonareva, Santangelo, Radwanska, Krajicek, Kirilenko. Danillidou and Loit.

There are also rumors about possible wild cards to Sharapova and Serena.

But of course mmmm8 was faster than me. No surprise there ;)

Aww. Double work. Sorry.

Madame
09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
euh :o

Can I ask a question ?
ok, sorry I wasn't around for some time ...

but what is this game about ?
when does it start ?

did I miss the rules somewhere ?

:notworthy:

Madame
09-20-2007, 02:20 AM
euh :o

Can I ask a question ?
ok, sorry I wasn't around for some time ...

but what is this game about ?
when does it start ?

did I miss the rules somewhere ?

:notworthy:

ok sorry, just found the How it works thread
:wall:
excuse me

Jay
09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
ok sorry, just found the How it works thread
:wall:
excuse me

lol it's okay ;)

:D

munchin
09-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Don't feel stupid. I logged on now to ask this very question....or should we both feel stupid?

beaujarkko
09-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't feel stupid. I logged on now to ask this very question....or should we both feel stupid?

Maybe we can share the stupid?

Jay
09-24-2007, 03:38 AM
Bump. Play is under way, the WTA side of the contest is closed for new teams, so ask questions if you have any!

:)

Yes, I'm still awake doing homework

oploskoffie
09-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Yes, I'm still awake doing homework

I'm so glad you started in time :kiss: :D

Jay
09-24-2007, 03:57 AM
I'm so glad you started in time :kiss: :D

LOL. I usually leave at 1pm to go to school....and I don't think I'll finish this until about 3 more hours, so I'll be getting up at...10..and go to sleep at..6-something..only getting about 4 hours of sleep lol
I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to math LOL

Madame
09-27-2007, 01:04 AM
ok, so this is a question on substitutions. I'm playing this team stuff for the first time. Now, I see that my selected player: Alla Kudryatseva has withdrawn with knee injury. Can I swap her now ? Do I repost my whole team to make a substituion? When are substitutions valid ? starting the following week ?
Should I then think about it and make my substitution only Sunday night ?
Since she is not a very well ranked player, should I just keep my two substituions for bigger players ?
(ok, I know this is more a strategy question, but what the heck, you experienced people can always give a few tips, no ?) :)

Jay
09-27-2007, 01:38 AM
ok, so this is a question on substitutions. I'm playing this team stuff for the first time. Now, I see that my selected player: Alla Kudryatseva has withdrawn with knee injury. Can I swap her now ? Do I repost my whole team to make a substituion? When are substitutions valid ? starting the following week ?
Should I then think about it and make my substitution only Sunday night ?
Since she is not a very well ranked player, should I just keep my two substituions for bigger players ?
(ok, I know this is more a strategy question, but what the heck, you experienced people can always give a few tips, no ?) :)

your substitution won't take effect until the following week (next week), so you won't get any points for whomever you choose to replace her until next week. Sure, you can swap her now, but it won't take effect until next week.
No, you don't have to repost your whole team to make a substitution. All you have to do is edit your team. What you can do, so that it can be clearer , is use the "http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/strike.gif" symbol to strike out the person you choose to replace, and then next to it, you add the person you want to replace with.
and down, where it says "reason for edit"..put "Kudryatseva out, (person you want to replace her) in" so that we can know who you took out and who you chose to replace her.

Also, please make sure that the price of the player you choose to replace Kudryatseva fits within your budget of 100 credits (like, for example putting someone who is the same price as Kudryatseva..or if she's higher priced, make sure it's within your budget).

My personal advice to you would be to not use your substitution on Kudryatseva since you can't gain any points with the replacement this week anyway. I'd also save them for higher ranked players since you only have two subs available throughout the contest.
However, it's your choice, so you can do whatever you wish to do with your subs.

I hope I made sense and didn't babble on too much .lol

Jay
09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
your substitution won't take effect until the following week (next week), so you won't get any points for whomever you choose to replace her until next week. Sure, you can swap her now, but it won't take effect until next week.
No, you don't have to repost your whole team to make a substitution. All you have to do is edit your team. What you can do, so that it can be clearer , is use the "http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/strike.gif" symbol to strike out the person you choose to replace, and then next to it, you add the person you want to replace with.
and down, where it says "reason for edit"..put "Kudryatseva out, (person you want to replace her) in" so that we can know who you took out and who you chose to replace her.

Also, please make sure that the price of the player you choose to replace Kudryatseva fits within your budget of 100 credits (like, for example putting someone who is the same price as Kudryatseva..or if she's higher priced, make sure it's within your budget).

My personal advice to you would be to not use your substitution on Kudryatseva since you can't gain any points with the replacement this week anyway. I'd also save them for higher ranked players since you only have two subs available throughout the contest.
However, it's your choice, so you can do whatever you wish to do with your subs.

This probably explains it better than I did (form the How it works thread)

Substitutions
You are allowed up to 2 subsititutions for each contest. (You cannot use three for the ATP contest and one for the WTA contest.) Substitutions can be made at any time, but a substitution will not go into effect until the following tournament. To make a substitution, sell a player back (adding his or her price to your remaining credits) then simply buy another player. YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE 2 PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 100 CREDITS.

Drop-shot
09-28-2007, 06:44 AM
again if one of the local knowledgables finds and posts the expected player lists for Moscow and Paris it'd be much appreciated

although... Paris is a masters event, so all the top players will supposedly play ehh?

Madame
09-28-2007, 07:11 AM

Thanks Jessie !!!

ok, I'll just wait till Sunday, make a global status of my teams shape, and substitute from there ...

mmmm8
09-28-2007, 07:31 AM
again if one of the local knowledgables finds and posts the expected player lists for Moscow and Paris it'd be much appreciated

although... Paris is a masters event, so all the top players will supposedly play ehh?

Official list for Moscow (from the Russian version of the site):

Davydenko
Youzhny
Murray
Matthew
Safin
Tursunov
Starace
Stepank
Kohlschreiber
Andreev
Santoro
Tipsarevic
Acasuso
Mahut
Gimelstob
Tsonga
Hartfield
Roitman
Grosjean
Lapentti
Korolev
Vliegen
Berrer

Safin is very questionable

Drop-shot
09-28-2007, 08:04 AM
thanks

Jay
09-29-2007, 07:09 PM
Bumpitude

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
There seems to be a bit of confusion re: substitutions (based on PMs I've received).

You are allowed two subs for the ATP and two subs for the WTA for this contest. Just so everyone knows.

Dry

mmmm8
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I just backtracked on my substitution. I replaced Ferrer with Djokovic last night and then realized Vienna doesn't count and decided to wait for next week.

Just want to make sure that was ok to do before the start of Moscow

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
I just backtracked on my substitution. I replaced Ferrer with Djokovic last night and then realized Vienna doesn't count and decided to wait for next week.

Just want to make sure that was ok to do before the start of Moscow

No problem! Just make sure your squad is listed as you want it. It MIGHT be a good idea to shoot a PM to Jessie so he can make a note of the fact that you did NOT use a sub... But he'll probably see this, too.

Dry

Jay
10-07-2007, 11:47 AM
No problem! Just make sure your squad is listed as you want it. It MIGHT be a good idea to shoot a PM to Jessie so he can make a note of the fact that you did NOT use a sub... But he'll probably see this, too.

Dry

Yep, I did.

*writes note about it*

:)

mmmm8
10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks, jessie and dry