PDA

View Full Version : Info about the upgrade

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 12:37 AM
All of our web site software has been upgraded except the Arcade. I hope to have it upgraded soon (hopefully that will fix some of the trouble we've had with it).

Although I've tested and retested the upgraded software, there's always a chance that I missed something. If you notice something that isn't working properly, please let me know about it in this thread.

I've also redesigned the look of our site. If you don't see the new design, clear your cache and refresh your browser. Here are a few changes that you might want to know about:

-The links for our "FAQ" and "Calendar" have been moved to the bottom navigation bar.

- The "Favorite Smilies" box, when posting, has been reduced to one column containing a maximum of eight smilies.

- I've removed the "Recent Posts Bar" from the Post New Thread and Reply To Thread pages.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/images/buttons/firstnew.gif = Will take you to the first unread post (by you) in the thread.
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/images/buttons/lastpost.gif = Will take you to the last post in the thread.
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/images/buttons/collapse_tcat.gif = Will collapse the window that contains it.
http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/images/buttons/collapse_tcat_collapsed.gif = Will expand the window that contains it.

I'm still tweaking a few things here and there, but I can do that without taking us offline again.

I hope the changes are welcome, as always, your suggestions are. :)

Jay
09-15-2007, 12:45 AM
I was going to start a new thread, but I thought that maybe this was a better place to say this...

but..

The new look is freakin' cool! :D

Thanks Kirkus for all the hard work you do for this site; I don't think that's stressed enough. :grouphug::notworthy:

GVGirl
09-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Looks great!

evil_juju
09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
looks cool!!!!!

Ti-Amie
09-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Love the new look.

jsd123789456
09-15-2007, 07:40 AM
this is snazzy, nice to wake up to a new look

shtexas
09-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Very nice!

:cool:

dryrunguy
09-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Love it!

nelslus
09-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Gotta agree with everyone so far- looks great.

Moose
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
This rocks. And I think Kimmie is the second player from the left in our new banner. And no one needs to tell me otherwise, I prefer to live in my personal distorted bliss.

jjnow
09-15-2007, 10:53 AM
This rocks. And I think Kimmie is the second player from the left in our new banner. And no one needs to tell me otherwise, I prefer to live in my personal distorted bliss.
I'm like 99% sure that's Kim.

On the right side I can make out Roger holding the 2006 AO trophy, and I'm thinking that might be Tati to the right of him, but the legs look too skinny.

jj

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Out of the five players up there, only two are "name" professionals. The other three are just recreational players.

I see a guessing game on the way. :D

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Out of the five players up there, only two are "name" professionals. The other three are just recreational players.

I see a guessing game on the way. :D
LOL. So we got Kim and Roger and those other three are just posers. :D

jj

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM

jj

LOL! Just posers.

Actually, one of your guesses is incorrect (sorry Moose :( ).

Moose
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM

jj

At first I thought the man in the middle holding the trophy was Sampras. Whether it is Pete or Roger, we can agree that the trophy is not from Roland Garros.

mmmm8
09-15-2007, 11:08 AM
LOL! Just posers.

The guy serving on the left is probably the other pro. No idea who it could be.

I also want to know who is serving for 1-ALL in the third. 3 hours is a whole lot for about two sets!

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:10 AM
LOL! Just posers.

That's not Kim!?

The other woman could be Sequera, if she had on those sunglasses.

This is going to torture me, Kirkus! :D

jj

morct
09-15-2007, 11:11 AM
That's not Kim!?

The other woman could be Sequera, if she had on those sunglasses.

This is going to torture me, Kirkus! :D

jj

I think it looks like Monica Seles

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
The guy serving on the left is probably the other pro. No idea who it could be.

I also want to know who is serving for 1-ALL in the third. 3 hours is a whole lot for about two sets!
Reminds me of that Nadal/Mathieu RG match from last year. :p

jj

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I think it looks like Monica Seles
The one I thought was Kim? The hair could definitely be Monica, but it would have to be an awkward shot for her not to have both hands on the racquet.

jj

morct
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
The one I thought was Kim? The hair could definitely be Monica, but it would have to be an awkward shot for her not to have both hands on the racquet.

jj

Yeah, fair point. :)

Moose
09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Is the player on the far right end Andy Roddick, shot from behind?

Jay
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
The woman on the left looks like, to me, Svetlana Kuznetsova..

and the chick on the right looks like Maria Kirilenko....but since the one holding the trophy is roger, I'm thinking the one on the left is a pro...Sveta.

Moose
09-15-2007, 11:17 AM
I thought it was Kim because of the V-Neck top and the ponytail flailing from behind.

Jay
09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I thought it was Kim because of the V-Neck top and the ponytail flailing from behind.

Yeah, but the face structure is more like Sveta's

Maybe we're all wrong and it's Magui Serna.

It sure would bring it all full circle.

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Nevermind my original question.

It looks like Andy's service motion on the left end.

jj

morct
09-15-2007, 11:22 AM

I don't think he is bulky enough.

jjnow
09-15-2007, 11:26 AM
I was even prepared to give a timeline! I was thinking Kim with the bun and the red Fila v-neck top and skirt, 2003 USO. :rolleyes:

jj

Moose
09-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I was even prepared to give a timeline! I was thinking Kim with the bun and the red Fila v-neck top and skirt, 2003 USO. :rolleyes:

jj

It definitely looks like a Fila top, JJ. Which means it could be Sveta. or J-Cap :rolleyes:

Moose
09-15-2007, 11:37 AM

Especially with the first two sets going 36 62 - it's not like it went to a tiebreak. Those are relatively short sets.

It would have to be a slow player, with perhaps some injury time out(s).

MY guess...... Mary Pierce was on one side of the net.

Jay
09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
It definitely looks like a Fila top, JJ. Which means it could be Sveta. or J-Cap :rolleyes:

read my previous posts.

If It's Sveta, I called it. ;)

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 12:11 PM

They could've been lonnnnng grueling sets. :D

No. That would've been a close up. :D

I wish I'd thought about this more before doing it, I would've put all pros up there to drive everyone nuts. :dizzy: :D

BTW, one of you was close on who the second pro is.
:snidelywhiplash:

Jay
09-15-2007, 12:34 PM
They could've been lonnnnng grueling sets. :D

No. That would've been a close up. :D

I wish I'd thought about this more before doing it, I would've put all pros up there to drive everyone nuts. :dizzy: :D

BTW, one of you was close on who the second pro is.
:snidelywhiplash:

moi?

Sveta?
Maria Kirilenko?
Elena Dementieva?

Kirkus
09-15-2007, 01:08 PM
It's been discovered that our fancy schmancy zoomy thumbnail image thingy isn't working. I'll be getting that fixed today.

mmmm8
09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
The Recent Posts Bar updates itself automatically!

GVGirl
09-19-2007, 06:12 PM

I noticed that! Cool!

Jay
09-19-2007, 06:13 PM

It didn't before?

mmmm8
09-19-2007, 06:16 PM
It didn't before?

Not before the upgrade.

Jay
09-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Not before the upgrade.

how would it get updated then? someone would have to go and manually update it?

odd. I remember it updating when no staff was online...or maybe I'm imagining things.

mmmm8
09-19-2007, 06:23 PM
how would it get updated then? someone would have to go and manually update it?

odd. I remember it updating when no staff was online...or maybe I'm imagining things.

I meant if a new post was made, it will update itself (for you, TAT member) without you reloading the page.