PDA

View Full Version : Day 9 Women's picks - USO SP

morct
09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Hello and welcome to Day 9 of the 2007 US Open Womens Suicide Pool. Today starts the Womens Quarterfinals - and the USO is the one Slam that plays its womens quartefinals over two days, rather than just one (as if we needed things to get any more complicated at this point!).

Once you use a player, you can never use them again. Be sure to check the “picks and results thread” so you can check the choices you have already made. This is now very important as the number of matches to chose from gets smaller, and you very likely have used some of the remaining players.

Post your Day 9 pick by replying IN THIS THREAD. Your pick must be in before the start of play for the day in New York, that is, Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 11:00 AM New York time (east coast), 8:00 AM on the west coast. For those in Europe, London is five (5) hours later than the east coast. Don’t be late as we hate making those hard decisions, but we will.

Best of luck and thanks for joining us.

Tuesday's schedule of play consists of these 2 matches from the top half of the Womens draw ( NOTE: If you are choosing a Williams sister, SPECIFY WHICH SISTER!) :

NOTE (added Monday night): The Venus/Jelena match is not currently on the offcial schedule for tomorrow. Even though it may not play til Wednesday, YOU CANNOT USE THAT AS A WEDNESDAY MATCH. Your Tuesday pick can be either from Serena/Justine, or Venus/Jelena)

Henin vs. S. Williams
Jankovic vs. V. Williams

tennismaster8
09-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Day 9: Venus Williams

hawkgirl98
09-03-2007, 03:16 PM
um, the schedule has been posted for tomorrow and it only shows Henin-Serena playing:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

ptmcmahon
09-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Probably just a mistake I assume.

Either way you'd have to choose one of the two matches, even is Venus - Jankoovic is a day later...can't force people to pick from Justine - Serena in case one goes on to win.

rktct2b
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
My Day 9 Women's pick is Serena Williams.

sbtang
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Okay.

Serena Williams for me.

jjnow
09-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Justine Henin

:freekingout:

ptmcmahon
09-03-2007, 04:25 PM
on USA they just said Venus - Jankovic WILL be on Wednesday.

I'd assume to keep even, they'll still want a pick from one of those two top half matches, and one of the two bottom half quarters too...especially since some have already made picks assuming this...

Moose
09-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Yes, PT...the pick has to be from one of the two matches, even if there is not a Venus/Jelena match until Wednesday (which I still doubt, due to a huge amont of unfairness, as it would give the Serena/Justine winner an extra day's rest)

shtexas
09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I saw the schedule and they are holding Venus/Jelena to Wednesday night.

Strange decision.

jjnow
09-03-2007, 06:11 PM
I saw the schedule and they are holding Venus/Jelena to Wednesday night.

Strange decision.
Ted Robinson had already confirmed it earlier tonight.

It's a completely unfair move to Venus and Jelena. I guess USA's ratings come before the players.

jj

marsny
09-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Venus Williams

Moose
09-03-2007, 06:16 PM

It's a completely unfair move to Venus and Jelena. I guess USA's ratings come before the players.

jj

just read an article. Venus and Jelena were consulted, and have agreed to the $chedule $witch

jjnow
09-03-2007, 06:19 PM
just read an article. Venus and Jelena were consulted, and have agreed to the $chedule $witch
I hope they made the right decision. Their opponent will be well rested come Friday.

jj

ptmcmahon
09-03-2007, 07:07 PM
at least the semi isn't the day after their quarter

bea26
09-03-2007, 07:36 PM
They had a press conference over it and they were really pushing the wonderful opportunity to expose the best tennis to the audience at large, "not just Venus but the #3 player in the world, the dynamic Jelena Jankovic." So I'd say you were on to something, Moo$e.

dryrunguy
09-03-2007, 07:51 PM

jj

It is definitely unfair. But Venus has overcome worse... Frankly, three days of rest could be a bit of a disadvantage in some respects.

Dry

bea26
09-03-2007, 07:53 PM
It is definitely unfair. But Venus has overcome worse... Frankly, three days of rest could be a bit of a disadvantage in some respects.

Dry

Seeing the way Jelena is playing, I don't think it'll make a difference.

shtexas
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Seeing the way Jelena is playing, I don't think it'll make a difference.

She's practically spent and Venus looks like she could play best of 5.

cdavid99
09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Venus Williams.

ponchi101
09-04-2007, 06:57 AM
She's practically spent and Venus looks like she could play best of 5.
This should be a lesson on managing your summer schedule. For Jelena, I mean.

shtexas
09-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Day 9 picks officially closed.