PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED Men's Picks & Results - USOSP

shtexas
09-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Here is the updated men's picks and results thread with the 15 players who are still alive. Congratulations!

Cpouncey: Bjorkman - Santoro - Fish - Haas - Moya - Lopez – Monaco - Roddick - Wawrinka

Eskimo_53: Andreev - Stepanek - Tipsarevic - Almagro - Moya - Lopez – Ferrer - Berdych

Flowerchild: Canas - Chela - Moya - Verdasco - Monaco - Haas – Ferrer - Davydenko - Djokovic - Federer - out of picks

Gerrynjapan: Gasquet - Santoro - Tsonga - Murray - Chela - Lopez – Ferrer - Davydenko - Moya - Haas

Jaimetennis: Bjorkman - Chela - Tipsarevic - Verdasco - Moya - Berdych – Ferrer - Roddick - Wawrinka

Led14pa2: Andreev - Stepanek - Robredo - Berdych - Moya - Haas – Ferrer - Roddick - Chela - Davydenko - Djokovic - Federer

Likembrave: Canas - Nalbandian - Robredo - Haas - Monaco - Lopez – Moya - Davydenko - Chela - Federer - Ferrer - Djokovic

Lone-star: Almagro - Nalbandian - Moya - Berdych - Monaco - Lopez – Wawrinka - Roddick - Gulbis

Marathongirl: Simon - Stepanek - Fish - Haas - Monaco - Lopez – Moya - Roddick - Wawrinka

Shmintz: Bjorkman - Pavel - Youzhny - Almagro - Ferrer - Berdych – Moya - Davydenko - Chela - Haas

Shrubflower: Bjorkman - Stepanek - Tipsarevic - Verdasco - Monaco - Lopez – Moya - Roddick - Wawrinka

Spounder: Bjorkman - Chela - Tipsarevic - Haas - Ljubicic - Berdych – Moya - Davydenko - Wawrinka

The_Hammer: Berdych -Stepanek -Kohlschreiber -Haas -Chela -Davydenko –Ferrer - Berych(double-pick)

Toneeg78: Haas - Chela - Youzhny - Murray - Del Potro - Davydenko – Ferrer - Roddick - Moya - Federer - Djokovic - out of picks

Winston: Bjorkman - Chela - Robredo - Almagro - Moya - Berdych – Ferrer - Roddick - Wawrinka

shtexas
09-03-2007, 07:43 AM
And the breakdown for day 8 is:

Roddick: 8
Davydenko: 5
Berdych: 2 1

We lost The Hammer to a double-pick of Berdych.

At the very least, we are losing one more.

Tartlet
09-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Umm..."The Hammer" has picked Berdych twice?

shtexas
09-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Umm..."The Hammer" has picked Berdych twice?

Oops! Didn't look back as far as the first day choice. You are correct.

Sorry Hammer. :(

Kirkus
09-03-2007, 11:30 AM
" Roddick: 8"

Nay sayers.

:D

shtexas
09-04-2007, 08:15 AM
The breakdown of our baker's dozen for today is:

Wawrinka: 6
Chela: 3
Moya: 2
Djokovic: 1
Gulbis: 1

shtexas
09-04-2007, 08:19 AM
And, at most, we will have 9 remaining for tomorrow.

shtexas
09-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Down go the 6 Wawrinkas.

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 03:57 AM
And the Gulbis...6 left?

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 06:18 AM
As mentioned in the other thread...with Nadal's loss...NO ONE can beat the draw.

shtexas
09-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Yes. No one can beat the draw, but if things go right, some will have a semi pick - just no pick for the final.

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I believe two go down with Haas's loss (Shmintz and Gerrynjapan)

led14pa2
09-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Go Andy Roddick:)

shtexas
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Haas just took down 2.

If, for some reason, Federer loses tonight, Led14pa2 wins as he has advanced with Davydenko.

shtexas
09-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Go Andy Roddick:)

LOL!

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Led14pa2 looks to be in great shape to win this now - only one who will be able to even make a semis pick - has to take Djokovic then Federer (if he wins) - and is the only one through today so far

Flowerchild will have no choices left
Likembrave and Toneeg just have Djokovic
And these 3 all need Fed to win.

A Roddick win tonight OR a Djokovic win tomorrow and Led14pa2 will win it all! Only way they don't is if neither of those happen.

shtexas
09-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Led14pa2 looks to be in great shape to win this now - only one who will be able to even make a semis pick - has to take Djokovic then Federer (if he wins) - and is the only one through today so far

A Roddick win tonight OR a Djokovic win tomorrow and Led14pa2 will win it all! Only way they don't is if neither of those happen.

FYI: Love the help PT! Thanks!

shtexas
09-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Likembrave has Ferrer too.

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Oops! This is why I always stress that my word isn't official! Thanks for the correction. I still think Led14 has the better chance though.

ptmcmahon
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
The 3 Federer picks survive. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure flowerchild is out of picks and will be eliminated, leaving 3 left.

Likembrave has the only "choice" for tomorrow's pick and for now has Ferrer. Here's a further breakdown of what happens if:

1) Moya and Ferrer win: Likembrave is the only to survive and wins the SP - with no picks left to beat draw

2) Moya and Chela win: Everyone is out (3 person tiebreaker to come)

3) Djokovic and Ferrer win: All 3 survive. Tonneg is out of picks. Likembrave has just Djokovic left. Led14pa has just Federer left. Potential 2 person tiebreaker to come if both picks win or both lose in SF.

4) Djokovic and Chela win: Toneeg and Led14pa both survive, but Toneeg is out of picks, so Led14pa wins by default with a Federer SF pick, but no pick for the finals.

Interestingly...to have a shot at winning the SP Tonneg actually needs his/her pick TO LOSE (and win tiebreaker.)

Please note, this is not official, I probably made another mistake :) And this is assuming Likembrave doesn't change pick.

shtexas
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
The 3 Federer picks survive. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure flowerchild is out of picks and will be eliminated, leaving 3 left.

Likembrave has the only "choice" for tomorrow's pick and for now has Ferrer. Here's a further breakdown of what happens if:

1) Moya and Ferrer win: Likembrave is the only to survive and wins the SP - with no picks left to beat draw

2) Moya and Chela win: Everyone is out (3 person tiebreaker to come)

3) Djokovic and Ferrer win: All 3 survive. Tonneg is out of picks. Likembrave has just Djokovic left. Led14pa has just Federer left. Potential 2 person tiebreaker to come if both picks win or both lose in SF.

4) Djokovic and Chela win: Toneeg and Led14pa both survive, but Toneeg is out of picks, so Led14pa wins by default with a Federer SF pick, but no pick for the finals.

Interestingly...to have a shot at winning the SP Tonneg actually needs his/her pick TO LOSE (and win tiebreaker.)

Please note, this is not official, I probably made another mistake :) And this is assuming Likembrave doesn't change pick.

Looks right to me....

...but, it's late. ;)

likembrave
09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
That's exactly how I read things.

I must say, these later rounds are truly "suicide". It's absolutely unnerving to pick a player to win a round in whom I have little to no confidence that they will actually win just to try to save other players for choices later. I also find it strange to root for players to win when normally I wouldn't care a flip about them. Sometimes I've felt like I'm pushing "all in" on a total bluff.

Sure is fun though!

ptmcmahon
09-06-2007, 04:14 AM
Bluffing wouldn't help you today since you're the only one with a choice :) I guess it's like everyone else is all in already. But I know what you mean!

toneeg78
09-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Hmmm...do i rather have djokovic lose in the quarterfinals for me to have a chance at winning sp or do i prefer him to win to have a chance at winning the whole thing? hell, i would have lost in the first round if i knew that would mean a djokovic win in the final.

Thanks, everyone. It's been a fun contest. GO DJOKOVIC!!!!!!!!!

toneeg78
09-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Hmmm...do i rather have djokovic lose in the quarterfinals for me to have a chance at winning sp or do i prefer him to win to have a chance at winning the whole thing? hell, i would have lost in the first round if i knew that would mean a djokovic win in the final.

though i really wouldn't mind a carlos moya win either. but i think djokovic has a better shot at the whole thing.

ptmcmahon
09-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Nothing against Federer...but I'd definitely cheer for Djokovic in final too. Maybe I'm bitter that he beat my fave though (Roddick)

toneeg78
09-06-2007, 11:33 AM
i'm not a big roddick fan, but i'm softening a little after that match last night. he really wanted to win last night and played amazing, high-stakes tennis. he grunted on practically every shot and chased down every shot. even though he went down in straight sets, i think andy probably played his best tennis last night.

ptmcmahon
09-06-2007, 12:12 PM
That's what made it so depressing...he played his best and couldn't take a single set or get 1 break. Roger didn't even look like he was straining too hard either.

ptmcmahon
09-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Likembrave advances to another round with a Ferrer win - will win the SP if Djoko loses tonight.

Toneeg can no longer win - either eliminated with a Djoko loss, or by running out of picks (with both others still having free picks.)

Down to 2 in the running!

ptmcmahon
09-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Looks like scenario 3:

Djokovic and Ferrer win: All 3 survive. Tonneg is out of picks. Likembrave has just Djokovic left. Led14pa has just Federer left. Potential 2 person tiebreaker to come if both picks win or both lose in SF.