PDA

View Full Version : THE USOSP Losers Lounge is OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Pages : [1] 2 3

Moose
08-26-2007, 07:59 AM
It's the hottest spot in NY...

Its the TAT USOSP Loser's Lounge. When your player goes out, come in, have a seat, order up a cold one, and join your fellow players in ruing the fact that an obvious pick turned out to be a disaster.

Tell a joke, play a song on our legendary "Jukebox From Hell". Photocopy a player, and stick them on the dartboard. Turn us on to some fabulous drink we don't know. The Loser's Lounge is designed for fun, for laughs and for meeting your fellow players.

Jack
08-26-2007, 09:11 AM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n124/jrcunniff/golovin.jpg

Welcome one and all to the "Tatiana Golovin USOSP Loser's Lounge". I've long been associated with the LL, so I'm really excited to be sponsoring it this year!

I'm so looking forward to seeing all your familiar faces here. I'll be performing nightly here in the lounge, and hope to keep you entertained while the staff fills those drink orders!

If you're lucky, catch some of my on-court performances too. You never know when I'll pack it in for you folks. (I'll probably check the pick threads to make sure that I have a lot of backing before I choke...maybe the 2R?)

Luv you all!!!

xoxo
Tati

Moose
08-26-2007, 10:13 AM
And be sure to join us for the first annual Loser's Lounge Mens Night, hosted by James Blake.

morct
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Maybe James and Tatiana could do a duet??

Moose
08-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Maybe James and Tatiana could do a duet??

With Kristof Vleigen doing human beatbox, perhaps, Morct?

mmmm8
08-26-2007, 10:19 AM

Welcome one and all to the "Tatiana Golovin USOSP Loser's Lounge". I've long been associated with the LL, so I'm really excited to be sponsoring it this year!

I'm so looking forward to seeing all your familiar faces here. I'll be performing nightly here in the lounge, and hope to keep you entertained while the staff fills those drink orders!

If you're lucky, catch some of my on-court performances too. You never know when I'll pack it in for you folks. (I'll probably check the pick threads to make sure that I have a lot of backing before I choke...maybe the 2R?)

Luv you all!!!

xoxo
Tati

Am I assuming correctly as to what kind of "performances" these will be? And, if so, will James Blake also participate on this "Men's Night" Moose speaks of?

morct
08-26-2007, 10:28 AM
With Kristof Vleigen doing human beatbox, perhaps, Morct?

Am I assuming correctly as to what kind of "performances" these will be? And, if so, will James Blake also participate on this "Men's Night" Moose speaks of?

Once Vleigen keeps his clothes on we'll all be OK :D

Moose
08-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Dang. It took me 7 hours to make a Day 1 Mens Pick. I need a cocktail. This is going to be a nerve wracking two weeks, so why not get drunk before it starts, and not sober up until two Serbs are holding Slam hardware high in two weeks from now.

mmmm8
08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Dang. It took me 7 hours to make a Day 1 Mens Pick. I need a cocktail. This is going to be a nerve wracking two weeks, so why not get drunk before it starts, and not sober up until two Serbs are holding Slam hardware high in two weeks from now.

Zimonjic and Zimonjic? (I'm assuming you'll be seeing double after all those drinks)

craighickman
08-26-2007, 06:07 PM

So you aren't the only one who thought the the men's picks were more difficult than they needed to be.

I went with Horna.

Heaven help me.

suliso
08-26-2007, 06:09 PM

Dreamer :cheesy:

Moose
08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Zimonjic and Zimonjic? (I'm assuming you'll be seeing double after all those drinks)

And just think, if I start slurring my words together, GO NAD might be the phrase that pays this fortnight

oohsalmon
08-26-2007, 06:45 PM
For those worried about losing early in the suicide pool and missing out on the US Open fun for the full two weeks, play 20 Questions - 2007 US Open!

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7341
No matter how horrible your picks are, you're alive for the full fortnight!

Kirkus
08-26-2007, 08:38 PM
GO NAD.

:hyst:

Holy cow.

aedra1119
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I think this edition of the Loser's Lounge is going to be extra special. ;)

Yes, the men's picks were deadly! I'm not feeling sure of myself at all this time around.

Go Nad. ROFL!

aedra1119
08-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh! If Tati and James are doing a duet, you can't forget their headliner...the one and only Martina Hingis! :cheesy:

dryrunguy
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM
In every suicide pool I've ever done, there has always been one pick that stood out to me and said, "Pick me! Pick me!" Which might explain my history of Day 1 losses...

But today's picks were brutal... Hated going with Almagro since I think he's got another round in him... And Dinara... Geez. But I figured it was use her today or not at all.

And I'll echo the GO NAD sentiment. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Dry

Jay
08-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi, My name is Jess and I'll be your bartender for this fortnight. :D

Now that I'm actually old enough to serve alcohol, we're a legal place! :D

:yahoo:

Anywho..

Since the picks were brutal, I've already started early on the drinking. :drunk1:

I'll be sure to restock the bar when I'm done :beer: Ya'll are free to join me! :beer:

munchin
08-26-2007, 11:00 PM
It doesn't seem often that we know the lounge is gonna be populated on the first day, but I'm pretty I've seen multiple picks for both Donald Young AND Chris Guccione. I stayed well away from that one.

oohsalmon
08-26-2007, 11:02 PM
It doesn't seem often that we know the lounge is gonna be populated on the first day, but I'm pretty I've seen multiple picks for both Donald Young AND Chris Guccione. I stayed well away from that one.

There was going to be a Capdeville-Schuettler victim guaranteed until I wussed out :o

Jack
08-27-2007, 05:02 AM
But today's picks were brutal... Hated going with Almagro since I think he's got another round in him... And Dinara... Geez. But I figured it was use her today or not at all.

That's funny - I hated going with Almagro because I'm convinced he'll blow it. There always seems to be a young American guy who manages to win a 1R Open match somewhat unexpectedly (memories of Geoff Grant - was that his name? - from 10 years ago....)

As for my Daniilidou pick on the femmes... Can I claim I was drunk at 11:00am Sunday morning? (Had a lot of wine at church...)

mrjiggyfly2
08-27-2007, 05:26 AM
So you aren't the only one who thought the the men's picks were more difficult than they needed to be.

I went with Horna.

Heaven help me.

Craig, I like the Horna pick. I almost did it myself. But I think that I, myself, would have a chance against Ramirez-Hidalgo on a hard court. So I went with Canas.

I think that the best chance of an upset today is Waske.

mrjiggyfly2
08-27-2007, 05:30 AM
That's funny - I hated going with Almagro because I'm convinced he'll blow it. There always seems to be a young American guy who manages to win a 1R Open match somewhat unexpectedly (memories of Geoff Grant - was that his name? - from 10 years ago....)

As for my Daniilidou pick on the femmes... Can I claim I was drunk at 11:00am Sunday morning? (Had a lot of wine at church...)

Yes it was Jack. Geoff Grant used to play in the same NELTA tournaments as me back in my playing days. He was very good and was always a high seed, but I had no idea that he would one day get to the third round of the USO.

Moose
08-27-2007, 05:55 AM

only if you are Greek Orthodox, Jack. And then, only because this Wednesday is the celebration of the "Beheading Of The Forerunner"

http://www.iconograms.org/images/igimages/I0919000829F0182AA_beheading_forerunner.jpg

tinamarie
08-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I've posted this in another thread as well, but it's really important (in tennis nerd world, that is...)
I really hope someone can help me with this. I've just moved to Sweden and I don't have a TV here, so does anyone know if there's a possibility to (legally) watch the US Open online?It doesnt have to be free, but live and in colour would be great. I really like to witness my early round picks loose...:)

Moose
08-27-2007, 07:25 AM
I've posted this in another thread as well, but it's really important (in tennis nerd world, that is...)
I really hope someone can help me with this. I've just moved to Sweden and I don't have a TV here, so does anyone know if there's a possibility to (legally) watch the US Open online?It doesnt have to be free, but live and in colour would be great. I really like to witness my early round picks loose...:)

TinaMarie:

It's not live coverage...but you can listen to US Open Radio through the web, which provides live coverage of matches.

Here's the link for information:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/media/radio.html

suliso
08-27-2007, 07:27 AM

I am afraid there is no official (and legal) US Open online coverage (like Wimbledon has) :(

You might be able to get something through channelsurfing.net or TVU, but I am not sure...

tinamarie
08-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Thank you both very much. I'll try channelsurfing.net or combine starring at live scores and listening to the radio... and of course, I'll eagerly read the discussion boards here.

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 07:39 AM

I went with Horna.

Heaven help me.

We'll be drinking our misery away together, Craig. Glad I wasn't the only Horna picker!

Madame
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Thank you both very much. I'll try channelsurfing.net or combine starring at live scores and listening to the radio... and of course, I'll eagerly read the discussion boards here.

Hi tinamarie
I'm afraid I'm stuck with the same. I am totally horrified there is no better offer. I'm still hoping eurosport will do something, but no evidence ...
:pissedoff:

tinamarie
08-27-2007, 07:51 AM
eurosport actually provides cheap live videostreams, however they're not available for Sweden, maybe you're more lucky? (see http://player.eurosport.de)

tinamarie
08-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi Madame,
good news: the live stream on eurosport is working now. the price for the event is 5,90. Hope you get through the German website!

Drop-shot
08-27-2007, 08:02 AM
well it looks like there's a new contestant record, and by the matches from which we had to pick there's a good chance a that the opening day will boast of a record number of visitors to the lounge. (any stats from previous SPs?)
I'm growingly uneasy with my Zvonareva pick, it seemed a good one but almost nobody went with it - looks paranoidly around - what do you know that I don't!
anyway I got a rumor from this russian guy, went by the nick of D-denko, that she's a sure bet

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 08:04 AM
well it looks like there's a new contestant record, and by the matches from which we had to pick there's a good chance a that the opening day will boast of a record number of visitors to the lounge. (any stats from previous SPs?)
I'm growingly uneasy with my Zvonareva pick, it seemed a good one but almost nobody went with it - looks paranoidly around - what do you know that I don't!
anyway I got a rumor from this russian guy, went by the nick of D-denko, that she's a sure bet

Her wrist has been injured for several months and this is her comeback. I thought she'd withdraw. :lipsrsealed: That said, if she's ready, she's a sure bet

Moose
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
65 People have Ai Sugiyama as their Day 1 pick. That's not a bandwagon, that's Disney on Parade

Madame
08-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Anyway, les jeux sont faits !
So que le meilleur gagne

(sorry folks, but the game is done and hope the best or luckiest ? wins !!);)

Drop-shot
08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Her wrist has been injured for several months and this is her comeback. I thought she'd withdraw. :lipsrsealed: That said, if she's ready, she's a sure bet

great way to start a SP!!!
if you don't mind I'll pull up a chair in advanced and start ordering

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 08:25 AM
great way to start a SP!!!
if you don't mind I'll pull up a chair in advanced and start ordering

It's looking great for you so far. She's up 4-0

Madame
08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
looks great for me too then :cheesy:

Moose
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Didn't realize it til now, but we're going to have people in the Losers Lounge shortly. People picked both sides of the VRP/K. Bondarenko match.

Nothing like getting a seat in the Loser's Lounge before lunchtime on Day 1.

Madame
08-27-2007, 08:36 AM
ooooooooooooooooh
Baggy is having some difficulty waking up.
The guy needs a few sets and matches to get into form, but this is a grand slam, and Marcos likes grand slams ....

Allez Marcos !!!!

morct
08-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Is it a bit early to have a shot to settle my nerves??

*why did I go and pick Andreev?*

Madame
08-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Is it a bit early to have a shot to settle my nerves??

*why did I go and pick Andreev?*

Much too early !!!
.... in the states

in France, it's about the right time ...:)

oploskoffie
08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
65 People have Ai Sugiyama as their Day 1 pick. That's not a bandwagon, that's Disney on Parade

Here's hoping for a *cough* great result for all those Sugiyama pickers...

:D

ponchi101
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
If there was ever a quote to jinx a lot of people, this one must be it! ;)
But no, she'll do fine.

suliso
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Much too early !!!
.... in the states

in France, it's about the right time ...:)

But Mocrt is from Ireland so it should be just the right time for her as well ;)

morct
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
It's all right, I've calmed down again, he won the first set! :)

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Sugiyama wins :mad:

I mean, congratulations to the Sugiyama pickers

And congratulations to Ai, the first match winner of USO 2007

Jay
08-27-2007, 09:24 AM

YAY! :D:yahoo: :banana:

anywho...

class time *sigh*

ponchi101
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM

She did? She DID?! That means I am not going to be here the very first day!
I can't believe that!

Wait! I still have a men's match to watch! arghhhhh! :shocked:

Moose
08-27-2007, 09:44 AM
we have our first casualty!

We had a player who chose Schruff...the carnage has officially begun.

atlpam
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
So I survived Sugiyama, but is JC Ferrero, a former US Open finalist really going to lose to pretty boy F-Lo? and I was worried I was picking Ferrero too early:wall:

atlpam
08-27-2007, 09:55 AM
No need for a reservation since we're arriving early - Do you have seating for the Ferrero party - I believe there's 3 of us. We'd like a table in the back where we can hide in shame, preferably close to the bathroom since it looks like we'll be here awhile.

Do I get an award for having the first cheek in the Loser's Lounge?

Bartender - whatever it is, just make it strong!

Moose
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
No need for a reservation since we're arriving early - Do you have seating for the Ferrero party - I believe there's 3 of us. We'd like a table in the back where we can hide in shame, preferably close to the bathroom since it looks like we'll be here awhile.

Do I get an award for having the first cheek in the Loser's Lounge?

Bartender - whatever it is, just make it strong!

Our first cheek of 2007 went to Blomgren, AtlPam. He/she had Schruff, who beat JCF to the showers by about a half hour. But I'm sure Blomgren appreciates the company!

Madame
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
at least, Zvonareva has decided to finish up after a second set slump.

And Ritchie has taken back a break against him

Allez Richard !!!!!

gibbermiata
08-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Please kick me in the head if I ever pick Ferrero again. Thank you and good bye.

Moose
08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Ruano Pascual...party of three. Your table, and fresh sangria, are ready

atlpam
08-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Who knew Donald Young would be a safer choice than Ferrero (at least he's up 2 sets to 1 right now)? After bombing out by putting my trust in Sam Querrey in the 1st round of Wimbledon, I just couldn't find my way to choose an American wildcard.:hammerself:

aedra1119
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Thank you, Ms. Ai! :D She's 4 for 4 with me for SP this year. Thank you for being so faithful! I'll remember you for SP next year!

Foxykhat
08-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I hope I don't regret not joining the Disney Parade by picking Ai. I guess I was just scared to follow the crowd.

And to think I passed up on E. Likhovtseva as well.

Foxy

Madame
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
But Mocrt is from Ireland so it should be just the right time for her as well ;)
Ah, Then she should. Anyway, I'm starting. I got the kids home so now, no problem anymore ....

Cheers to all of you !!!

tennisbrp
08-27-2007, 10:27 AM
My partner picked Schruff (based a bit on my advice). Oh well. I do feel a bit guilty.................blomgren will drink a large martini with vanilla vodka, pineapple juice, and fresh squeezed lime on me tonight (or thrown at me tonight) while I hear about what a useless tennis know it all I am........(but she did bagel her in the middle set)

ptmcmahon
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Wow...JCF down in round 1! I was thinking about picking him, but figured he'd be a good round two pick...whew!

shtexas
08-27-2007, 10:41 AM
4 Ferrero pickers should be here, and 8 Guccione pickers.

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Thank you, Ms. Ai! :D She's 4 for 4 with me for SP this year. Thank you for being so faithful! I'll remember you for SP next year!

Uh huh... Try picking her to beat Severine Bremond at Wimbledon... Then we'll see if you still think Ai is Old Faithful. ;)

Dry

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
4 Ferrero pickers should be here, and 8 Guccione pickers.

That sounds dirty.

Dry

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
I am le stupide for switching to Benneteau :mad:

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I am le stupide for switching to Benneteau :mad:

He was my first choice, but he's done me in before. And he's lost in R1 of every slam this year.

Sorry.

henderson10
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Everyone is saying today's men's draw was hard, but for me I thought it was my easiest ever pick in a suicide pool--take Tommy Haas now so he doesn't screw me (as usual) later. Of course, he hasn't played yet.... By the way, we're now deep in the fourth set and I'm pretty sure Mirnyi has not hit a topspin shot yet today.

pingponger
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Oh, No! Benneteau! Down 0-3 to start the 4th.....:eek:

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Everyone is saying today's men's draw was hard, but for me I thought it was my easiest ever pick in a suicide pool--take Tommy Haas now so he doesn't screw me (as usual) later. Of course, he hasn't played yet.... By the way, we're now deep in the fourth set and I'm pretty sure Mirnyi has not hit a topspin shot yet today.

I think Tommy enjoys screwing people at all times. He just lost the first set :undecided:

Moose
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Everyone is saying today's men's draw was hard, but for me I thought it was my easiest ever pick in a suicide pool--take Tommy Haas now so he doesn't screw me (as usual) later. Of course, he hasn't played yet....

Hmmmm...looks like Steve Darciss has a problem with your easiest pick ever, Henderson10

Martini4me
08-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure without check ing the picks thread (269 posts!!!!), but I think I picked Benneteau also. I was going to add in my post that I've probably gone to that well (and gotten burned, to mix metaphors) too often.

I saw him play a really impressive match in Toronto last summer, and ever since I keep picking in pools becuase I figure he's a cheap pick for his level of talent. Alas, never trust the French (or the Russians, for that matter).

shtexas
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Benneteau table of 18, now ready.

shtexas
08-27-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure without check ing the picks thread (269 posts!!!!), but I think I picked Benneteau also. I was going to add in my post that I've probably gone to that well (and gotten burned, to mix metaphors) too often.

I saw him play a really impressive match in Toronto last summer, and ever since I keep picking in pools becuase I figure he's a cheap pick for his level of talent. Alas, never trust the French (or the Russians, for that matter).

You picked Benneteau. Sorry.

Moose
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Alas, never trust the French (or the Russians, for that matter).

thereby explaining why Tatiana Golovin is considered as poisonous as it gets!

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
thereby explaining why Tatiana Golovin is considered as poisonous as it gets!

Is it true that the poison Jim Jones had everyone drink was actually tati pee?

Dry

doubledogbrewer
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
whew! happy to report I won't be joining the LL on either side of the draw yet. Thanks Sebastien (you just have to know which Frenchie to trust, I guess) and Ai!

Unfortunately, I picked Grosjean because I figured he'd lose in Round 2 to Baghdatis. Now his draw has opened up a bit and he could be dangerous on the hard courts. (biting nails ...)

survive and advance. On to Day Two!

TennisAnyone74
08-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I think Tommy enjoys screwing people at all times. He just lost the first set :undecided:

Allow me to show you to my bedroom, Mr. Haas! ;)

TA

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
whew! happy to report I won't be joining the LL on either side of the draw yet. Thanks Sebastien (you just have to know which Frenchie to trust, I guess) and Ai!

Unfortunately, I picked Grosjean because I figured he'd lose in Round 2 to Baghdatis. Now his draw has opened up a bit and he could be dangerous on the hard courts. (biting nails ...)

survive and advance. On to Day Two!

Sebs got me here last year.

joshman_can
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I'll take my seat at the Benneteau table, and help myself to some nice French wine on him as I persevere through the women's draw

zephblabs
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
did anyone pick isner??

shtexas
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
did anyone pick isner??

Hawkgirl did. She's usually good with going out on a limb.

By the way, 14 Beckers are a game away from entering the lounge.

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Hawkgirl did. She's usually good with going out on a limb.

By the way, 14 Beckers are a game away from entering the lounge.

Did Boris find more broom closets?

munchin
08-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Egad, I came so close to picking Becker. My SP life flashed before my eyes just now.

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Ugh... Wrist slitting party... TAT Loser's Lounge. Bring your own blade.

dry

shtexas
08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
If I've accounted for all the matches:

So far, we have lost -

18 - Benneteau
14 - Becker
8 - Guccione
4 - Ferrero
1 - Ascione
1 - Cuevas :shocked:

tennisbrp
08-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome my friend amgirard who I brought to this stressful place and in his virgin pool he picks Becker....he likes Dark and Stormies for his drink. He's so sad right now.........

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 01:11 PM

So far, we have lost -

18 - Benneteau
14 - Becker
8 - Guccione
4 - Ferrero
1 - Ascione

Is it my imagination, or are the numbers of people getting the axe more or less getting progressively bigger as the day wears on?

Dry

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 01:12 PM

So far, we have lost -

18 - Benneteau
14 - Becker
8 - Guccione
4 - Ferrero
1 - Ascione

I don't know who picked Cuevas, but they're drinks are all on me through the rest of the tournament.

Anyone who convinces themselves so fully that Andy Murray will lose is my kind of SPer.

shtexas
08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Is it my imagination, or are the numbers of people getting the axe more or less getting progressively bigger as the day wears on?

Dry

Kinda scary since Almagro has yet to hit the court.

tinamarie
08-27-2007, 01:16 PM
as a German it hurts to say this, but, as a serious advice: Do not pick any German players, especially not if they are girls and/or considered the favorite. I'm just recalling the Kohlschreiber fiascos from the last two SP...
well, I'm just waiting for Kiefer to send me in here.

shtexas
08-27-2007, 01:18 PM

And Kiefer too.

TennisAnyone74
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I cannot believe that I am half-cheeked already AGAIN on the first day. Grrr! I may have to stop putting so MUCH thought into these things!

TA

atlpam
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Egad, I came so close to picking Becker. My SP life flashed before my eyes just now.

I came close to picking Becker as well, but instead I made the foolish choice of Ferrero and arrived even earlier in the day.

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 01:24 PM

that's precisely what was scaring me. How many of us have him?

Dry

shtexas
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
that's precisely what was scaring me. How many of us have him?

Dry

Just 38. ;)

munchin
08-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I came close to picking Becker as well, but instead I made the foolish choice of Ferrero and arrived even earlier in the day.

Ferrero was on my shortlist, but I was ironically saving him for the 3rd round or so. That happened to me like 3 times at the French women's SP and I still managed to get to the end. It felt like a cheap victory though.

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Just 38. ;)

Here's hoping Tati didn't give the pre-match massage...

Dry

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Ferrero was on my shortlist, but I was ironically saving him for the 3rd round or so. That happened to me like 3 times at the French women's SP and I still managed to get to the end. It felt like a cheap victory though.

In my bitter, selfish mind, the French women's SP was filled with asterisks. Not the least of which was that over two dozen people won somehow.

Not knocking the winners. I couldn't even make it past Day 4, or whichever day it was that so many got Bondarenkoed.

Moose
08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I was inches from taking HT Lee for my day 1, and at the last minute changed my mind and went with old man Jonas.

catz33
08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
I just realized my 1st round pick on the men's side doesn't even play today. Blah!

bea26
08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
My theory is that I purposely fell on the Becker ax because I'm too busy to really participate this go round. Apparently Pironkova didn't get the memo.

doubledogbrewer
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't know who picked Cuevas, but they're drinks are all on me through the rest of the tournament.

Anyone who convinces themselves so fully that Andy Murray will lose is my kind of SPer.

When I saw that pick, I thought it was brilliant. If Murray's wrist was still bothering him, he'd either withdraw or be hampered enough to lose first round. Great gamble. Didn't pay off, but still a great gamble, I thought.

aedra1119
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Uh huh... Try picking her to beat Severine Bremond at Wimbledon... Then we'll see if you still think Ai is Old Faithful. ;)

Dry

Ah, thanks for the heads up, Dry!

If the forecast ever calls for a French bombshell to hit Old Faithful, I'll make sure I stay clear of the fallout.

catz33
08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
My theory is that I purposely fell on the Becker ax because I'm too busy to really participate this go round. Apparently Pironkova didn't get the memo.

I concur. I'm still holding out hope that I will be able to use the corporate pass I am sitting on to actually see the action first hand. I should have just listened to my more rational self that told me that I haven't had time to read the forum for a month. Where would I find the time to participate in the SP but I am hopelessy hooked and rushed to copy the draws and choose a player, completely forgetting that the USO likes to be different.

dryrunguy
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Ah, thanks for the heads up, Dry!

If the forecast ever calls for a French bombshell to hit Old Faithful, I'll make sure I stay clear of the fallout.

I talked dolphins343 into taking Sugiyama on Day 1. Except for Wimbledon last year, I've had good luck with her. She usually wins the matches she's supposed to.

Dry

flowerchild39
08-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Did Stosor take out a bunch today? She lost to a French junior!

aedra1119
08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I talked dolphins343 into taking Sugiyama on Day 1. Except for Wimbledon last year, I've had good luck with her. She usually wins the matches she's supposed to.

Dry

"Usually" and "supposed to"...famous last words of any SPer. ;) But, yeah, Ai is pretty dependable in rd 1 matches.

LOL. "Pretty dependable" is right up there with "supposed to". Whatever, she did her job today, and that's all that matters!

And thank you Almagro! I avoid any cheekiness for Day 1!

henderson10
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Moose, that match was classic Haas. If he'd been down 2 sets & 4-1 I may have been worried, but dropping the first set? God knows the man can't make anything easy (I believe I could get a set off of him before losing the next 3 in about 17 minutes). He won for me, and, as I planned, I can no longer be tempted by him for the rest of the tourney--I think I'm automatically picking him in the first round for all future suicide pools.

Moose
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Moose, that match was classic Haas. If he'd been down 2 sets & 4-1 I may have been worried, but dropping the first set? God knows the man can't make anything easy (I believe I could get a set off of him before losing the next 3 in about 17 minutes). He won for me, and, as I planned, I can no longer be tempted by him for the rest of the tourney--I think I'm automatically picking him in the first round for all future suicide pools.

There was a time when I really enjoyed Haas, Henderson. But his glass head and whiny attitude during the big matches just finally started turning me off. He can be very fun to watch, and he'll play a highly enjoyable match, but he's gone the same route as Marat for me...to the point where I find them too painful to follow.

catz33
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Drops a quarter in the juke box,

Humidity's rising
Barometer's getting low
According to all sources
The street's the place to go

'Cos tonight for the first time
At just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start Rainier Schuettlers

It's raining sp'ers, Hallujah

henderson10
08-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Moose, I could not agree more. Haas teases me with his amazing talent, and I was not joking when I said I picked him in the first round simply so I could not be tempted to do so later. I basically want nothing to do with him, but there is no way he was losing today's match so I survived into day 2 and banished a future problem (I am pretty sure I have never NOT picked him at some point in a suicide) in one fell stroke.

Moose
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Drops a quarter in the juke box,

Humidity's rising
Barometer's getting low
According to all sources
The street's the place to go

'Cos tonight for the first time
At just about half past ten
For the first time in history
It's gonna start Rainier Schuettlers

It's raining sp'ers, Hallujah

The Weather Fraus!

beths
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
well - thanks to Benjamin Becker - here I am
who the heck was he playing anyway
I cannot believe the man who took out Andre lost to a qualifier this year

Danielle
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Did Stosor take out a bunch today? She lost to a French junior!

Ah flowerchild, I feel your pain. Stosur took me out on day 1 last year so I purposely avoided her...then I go and pick Santangelo and STILL get screwed! *sigh*

craighickman
08-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Thank you Ashley Effin Harklroad.

Bartender!!!!

I'll have a shot of Sauza Gold.

atlpam
08-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Ah flowerchild, I feel your pain. Stosur took me out on day 1 last year so I purposely avoided her...then I go and pick Santangelo and STILL get screwed! *sigh*

Stosur dragged a number of us to the losers lounge at Wimbledon this year; between that and her coming off injury, I avoided her like the plague.

Drop-shot
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Stosur dragged a number of us to the losers lounge at Wimbledon this year; between that and her coming off injury, I avoided her like the plague.

a drink for altplam on me, for I too was taken down by Stosur at Wimbledon, and even though I had promised to steer away from her in NY I cannot deny that I considered her for a split-second. She could've lured me to the rocks of defeat like the Circe mermaids with her "winnable" match

Moose
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
She could've lured me to the rocks of defeat like the Circe mermaids with her "winnable" match

When it comes to Suicide pools, there is no such thing as a "winnable match", Drop Shot. It's more a matter of finding the least likely to lose on that day.

suliso
08-27-2007, 06:27 PM
My bet on Rainer didn't pay off... :mad:

e11even
08-27-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm just glad I haven't forgiven Benneteau (French Open) and Stosur (Wimby)! I hope those who picked them have learned their lesson as well this time.. ;)

Moose
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Tatiana strikes again.

Now lets see if anyone is brave enough to take Vliegen this fortnight.

ponchi101
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM

Luv you all!!!

xoxo
Tati

This was an EVIL, EVIL omen!

Moose
08-27-2007, 07:01 PM
This was an EVIL, EVIL omen!

She's killed more people in this game than anyone. Ponchi. And just when you think its safe to pick her, she comes up with new and surprising ways to stun us again and again.

suliso
08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
She's killed more people in this game than anyone. Ponchi. And just when you think its safe to pick her, she comes up with new and surprising ways to stun us again and again.

Did anyone pick her?

Moose
08-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Did anyone pick her?

21 anyones, Suliso

igorwright
08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Where the hell was my mind when I picked Golovin and Hrbaty for day 1! I deserve a punch at the noose!

atlpam
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM

Don't say you weren't warned:beer:
A round of beers on me; I've been waiting for more company since lunchtime when Ferrero put my cheek in here!

PeterSkan
08-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Golovin lands me in the Loser Lounge.

I can't remember the last time I advanced past the 1st roound on the women's side. But this could get me rich. I'm sure that the women would be happy to pay me a fortune not to pick them for the pool!

*slumps into a chair in the corner and murmurs* "And, besides, where's my Dolly?!"

JTContinental
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=PeterSkan;151300]Golovin lands me in the Loser Lounge.

QUOTE]

I so almost picked her today, and thankfully changed my mind at the last second.

I landed today in the city that never sleeps, and all I did was take a nap, wander to Times Square to get a piece of cheesecake, and watch the US Open on tv. :shocked: :confused:

Jack
08-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Even I didn't think Golovin would lose this one, jokes be damned. I saw the 3rd set of her match; it was pretty ugly stuff. Although Rolle served well and was playing agressively, moreso than Golovin.

jlhct
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I should have listened to Suliso Re: Benjamin Becker LOL

glarange
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Can I have a double white russian please!? Tati, how could you do this to me? On the first day! She even hired Matts as a coach:confused:

--cj--
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
seriously, how does Golovin come out and lose this match?!? i'm so totally mad at her and her polka dot ensemble. i'm taking Bartoli's side whenever they fight for now on. :mad:

mmmm8
08-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Even I didn't think Golovin would lose this one, jokes be damned. I saw the 3rd set of her match; it was pretty ugly stuff. Although Rolle served well and was playing agressively, moreso than Golovin.

You were there? I was there!

Guess who else was there:

http://photos-007.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v122/174/18/103007/n103007_33023903_3788.jpg

Hey Guys!!!

It's me, Tati! I rushed here as fast as I could! I mean, Mats told me he didn't want me here this early, but, like, I need to redo my roots, as you can see, so I need some money, and I hear you guys will give good tips for my "performances."

Some people will ask me what happened in the third set. And, I don't know. I just wanted to be here with you guys so much! I mean, I sort of wanted to win too, you know, because Mats keeps bitching that he has no feel-good stories to tell when he goes to his WTA coach meetings. But I thought if I could just keep the ball in play, Big Girl would just net it or something. And then I was down a break in no-time, and of course, at that point, I was just thinking about this lovely lounge, with all the nice boys and the free alcohol, and Big Girl seemed to really want to win, so..."

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I cannot believe I wussed away from Capdeville to pick Benneteau.

:hammerself:

saiful
08-28-2007, 12:08 AM
This was my first time in Women's Pool and Santangelo did me in. Damn, let her stick to doubles I say :mad:

nguyen
08-28-2007, 02:26 AM
I cannot believe I wussed away from Capdeville to pick Benneteau.

:hammerself:

You're not the only one......sigh. :flamed:

oploskoffie
08-28-2007, 02:47 AM
The names to fear today: Mattek, Mirza, Krajicek, Stepanek, Chela, Melzer and, to a lesser extent, Nalbandian and Monaco.

If Stepanek and Chela lose, I think we lose about 70% of the remaining players on the men's side! :shocked: :D

jkfriedman
08-28-2007, 03:39 AM
Once again I venture into the LL after the first round. But only one cheek, still alive in the Women's draw. Darn that Benny Toe!
Some Absinthe s'il vous plait Bartender

morct
08-28-2007, 04:22 AM
The names to fear today: Mattek, Mirza, Krajicek, Stepanek, Chela, Melzer and, to a lesser extent, Nalbandian and Monaco.

If Stepanek and Chela lose, I think we lose about 70% of the remaining players on the men's side! :shocked: :D

I'm depending on Mattek and Acasuso. :hammerself::hammerself:

suliso
08-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Folks putting their fate in the hands of Sister Bethanie are particularly brave I think...

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Mattek (and all of the others) are good picks, I think. All of them SHOULD win. Unfortunately, not all of them will...

Morct, I think Sister B will be very good to you... No way Miss Brengle Bells pulls an Ahsha Rolle and gets the upset.

Now, as for me, I need to put an end to this dangerous trend of mine to only pick Russian women... Safina got me through Day 1... Vesnina SHOULD get me through today... But NO MORE RUSSIANS!

Dry

suliso
08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Morct, I think Sister B will be very good to you... No way Miss Brengle Bells pulls an Ahsha Rolle and gets the upset.

Why so confident? I have Miss Brengle in my racket bracket...

henderson10
08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Did anyone pick Karlovic? He's down a set and from the little bit they've shown he looks rather sloppy at the moment. Clement was a terrible draw for him, but he's not playing well.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Why so confident? I have Miss Brengle in my racket bracket...

Several people used Mattek for the first round at Wimbledon and she got them through. Of course anything can happen. But I still say she's a solid pick. But who knows...

Dry

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 09:14 AM
I think we should start prepping for the arrival of the Garbin pickers. I know she's just a set down, but it's better to start early

oploskoffie
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Kanepi evens things up against Sania. Hmmmmm.. Extra seats needed already or...?

suliso
08-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I think it's also time for Sania pickers to get nervous...

Moose
08-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Is Sania Mirza the Tuesday Tati?

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Now, while Mirza was a good pick, she leads my Do Not Pick list. She could be playing what's left of Margaret Court, and I still wouldn't pick her.

Dry

atlpam
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Mattek (and all of the others) are good picks, I think. All of them SHOULD win. Unfortunately, not all of them will...

Now, as for me, I need to put an end to this dangerous trend of mine to only pick Russian women... Safina got me through Day 1... Vesnina SHOULD get me through today... But NO MORE RUSSIANS!

Dry

Given my record in Suicide pools, you might have wanted to change your pick; I also chose Vesnina. ;)

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Given my record in Suicide pools, you might have wanted to change your pick; I also chose Vesnina. ;)

I doubt my record is any better, pam. LOL! Oh well, we can suffer through it together. :rolleyes: I've been through enough of these things now to know that sometimes a good, sensible pick will just let you down. At least with Vesnina, we know that, if she loses, she'll have fought to the death and will have done her best. I can't hate her for that.

I would, however, hate incessantly on Kostanic Tosic for the rest of her life.

Dry

atlpam
08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I doubt my record is any better, pam. LOL! Oh well, we can suffer through it together. :rolleyes: I've been through enough of these things now to know that sometimes a good, sensible pick will just let you down. At least with Vesnina, we know that, if she loses, she'll have fought to the death and will have done her best. I can't hate her for that.

I would, however, hate incessantly on Kostanic Tosic for the rest of her life.

Dry

I can't decide if I want my player to play early in the day to put me out of my misery or play late so I can continue to delude myself that I'll live to see another day in the SP.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I can't decide if I want my player to play early in the day to put me out of my misery or play late so I can continue to delude myself that I'll live to see another day in the SP.

LOL! So funny you would say that... When I'm torn between two or three picks, the match schedule decides it... The person who plays earlier in the day gets my pick... And yes, it's the "just go ahead and put me out of my misery" mentality...

Dry

munchin
08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Ugh, I don't remember who I picked for certain but I'm pretty sure it was Garbin and I'm pretty sure she just screwed me out of the SP and I'm pretty sure she's done it before and I'm pretty sure I feel dumb right now.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Ugh, I don't remember who I picked for certain but I'm pretty sure it was Garbin and I'm pretty sure she just screwed me out of the SP and I'm pretty sure she's done it before and I'm pretty sure I feel dumb right now.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but that was a hilarious post in a completely self-defeating sort of way...

Dry

Drop-shot
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
vamos Chela!
almost in round 2

luvs10s
08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Just thought I'd pop in to start warming up my seat.

Lapentti looks like he's going to put me out if he doesn't improve pretty damn soon. Down two sets to one...

Thought I was on to a good thing with the Nicolas's (Nicoli?)

Moose
08-28-2007, 10:29 AM

you're fine Munchin..you have Krajicek

the same Krajicek that took about 30-40 people out during the Aussie or French this year when she retired after the first set.

oploskoffie
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM

the same Krajicek that took about 30-40 people out during the Aussie or French this year when she retired after the first set.

I'm tired. It's been a long day. I don't need this.

:p ;)

TennisDude
08-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Sam better get it together quick. He's down 2 set's to love.

munchin
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM

Seriously? Wow, thanks for checking. I woke up and saw that score and was so frustrated and shocked that I didn't even bother double-checking my pick. I was gonna go with Garbin for like an hour. You saved me from a no-pick tomorrow.

Now I can stress out while at work instead of in my sleep.

shtexas
08-28-2007, 11:10 AM
We lost 2 Lapentti's.

luvs10s
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
:beer: :beer: :beer: and lots of it please.

Thank goodness - I'm almost finished work so I can go home and have a real one. I don't need this stress ;)

shtexas
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Start setting a table for 8.

The name of the party starts with a Q.

TennisDude
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
*sigh* Well I'm half cheeked. My hopes to stay in one of the suicide pool's lie in Peng Shuai's hands...crap.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
*sigh* Well I'm half cheeked. My hopes to stay in one of the suicide pool's lie in Peng Shuai's hands...crap.

Oh dear... You're in my prayers, TennisDude.

Dry

morct
08-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Good luck with that TennisDude - she's not quite a Tati but her record around here sure ain't good! :p

atlpam
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Start setting a table for 8.

The name of the party starts with a Q.

I learned my lesson about picking a big server whose name starts with Q at Wimbledon - my sympathy to those who chose him this go around. Fortunately, Ferrero spared me the temptation of choosing him again.

shtexas
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I learned my lesson about picking a big server whose name starts with Q at Wimbledon - my sympathy to those who chose him this go around. Fortunately, Ferrero spared me the temptation of choosing him again.

Querrey took care of me at the Big W too. I wasn't even tempted.

TennisDude
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Good luck with that TennisDude - she's not quite a Tati but her record around here sure ain't good! :p

Trust me I know her record in suicide pools as good as anyone if not better lol

Moose
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Trust me I know her record in suicide pools as good as anyone if not better lol

I left you a note to that effect in the Day 2 thread after I saw you went down that road again, TDude!

TennisDude
08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I left you a note to that effect in the Day 2 thread after I saw you went down that road again, TDude!

I saw that and started laughing when I saw it. I also noticed that no one else picked her after you left that message lol. Hopefully I can improve my record with her to 2-3.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Vesnina takes the court... The moment of truth. :yikey: :yikey: :yikey:

winston
08-28-2007, 11:58 AM
For once the bandwagon paid off. Thank you Juan Ignacio.
(I had also considered Querrey and Lapentti)

Now all I have to do is sweat out MK.

Moose
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
7 Vesnina pickers have to be a little nervous after that break to start the second set.

Kirkus
08-28-2007, 12:53 PM
INCOMING!

Thank you, Sam Querrey. Thank you very much! :mad:

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
7 Vesnina pickers have to be a little nervous after that break to start the second set.

Get ready for the mini-van to pull them in. Down 0-4 in the second.

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
I take back every nice thing I've ever said about Elena Vesnina.

Dry

hurricanejeanne
08-28-2007, 01:11 PM

That would be me.

This is so embarrassing from Elena, that I just went digging in the scoring thread on wtaworld. Elena has a right shoulder injury according to her fans and cannot serve full strength.

This is new to me, I always search out the injured players in SP before I use them. I'm livid I'm going to get dumped out of SP AGAIN far too early.

But hey, at least I'm consistant.

Janoma
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks Sam Querrey for taking me here the second day of the USOSP.

:(:(:(:(:(

Moose
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
INCOMING

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Elena Vesnina is a hag.

At least it was quick.

Dry

Moose
08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Flavia's taken Peng to a 3rd set. I wonder if she is seeing Carlos's face on the balls again and smacking the snot out of them.

TennisAnyone74
08-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Good-bye everyone. I think I'll leave the Loser's Lounge, since I've been double-cheeked since yesterday thanks to Benjamin Becker and Jill Craybas. Am I the only one? I was also double-cheeked on day 1 at Wimbledon. I stink at this. I don't know if I'll recover. Good-bye cruel suicide pool!

TA

oohsalmon
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Flavia's taken Peng to a 3rd set. I wonder if she is seeing Carlos's face on the balls again and smacking the snot out of them.

I'm willing to bet it's a different body part.

Moose
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Good-bye everyone. I think I'll leave the Loser's Lounge, since I've been double-cheeked since yesterday thanks to Benjamin Becker and Jill Craybas. Am I the only one? I was also double-cheeked on day 1 at Wimbledon. I stink at this. I don't know if I'll recover. Good-bye cruel suicide pool!

TA

oh gosh...if it's any consolation, you know I think the world of ya, my friend!

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/80394.jpg

Hello, everyone!

As soon as I learned Tati was here, I just knew I had to come over. I mean, we can play dress up and braid each other's hair!

Anyway, got anything to eat? Any celery or carrots? No, thanks, I don't do TicTacs anymore. Too much sugar.

hurricanejeanne
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Elena Vesnina is a hag.

At least it was quick.

Dry

Are you buying the first round of drinks, Dry? ;)

TennisAnyone74
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
oh gosh...if it's any consolation, you know I think the world of ya, my friend!

Thanks - ye of SEVEN awards/medals! :)

TA

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Is that how it works? Shouldn't those still in be buying for us?!?!?!?

Dry

hurricanejeanne
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Dry

LOL, I'm in agreement with the survivors having to pay, actually. :D

Tscott415
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
ugh....vesnina i never should trust you...

Drop-shot
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I see that Stepanek lost the first set, boy am I happy I didn't pick him again
If he loses there'll be a new record for SP wipeout, no?

oohsalmon
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM

He won the first...

But its been tougher going than it should've been.

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 02:09 PM

He won the first, actually. Up in the second set TB now.

But, yes, that'd be a record

Drop-shot
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
glitch in the scoreboard i was using, sorry

Madame
08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Dry

ok, dry, I'll share some of my Lussac Saint Emilion with a piece of :woohoo: Comte

tinamarie
08-28-2007, 02:15 PM
glitch in the scoreboard i was using, sorry

Stepanek DID loose the second set (why, radek, why?)

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
ok, dry, I'll share some of my Lussac Saint Emilion with a piece of :woohoo: Comte

Share? I'm out on Day 2. I deserve it all for myself. Well, I might share a little with Jeanne, tscott, and the other unfortunately soul I was chatting with earlier who also went down with the Vesnina train. :)

Dry

morct
08-28-2007, 02:18 PM
I see Peng is up to her old tricks again......

oohsalmon
08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Share? I'm out on Day 2. I deserve it all for myself. Well, I might share a little with Jeanne, tscott, and the other unfortunately soul I was chatting with earlier who also went down with the Vesnina train. :)

Dry

Easy there, dry. You're still alive in the men's, at least until Martina arrives courtside to watch Radek

arodessa
08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Why oh why did I pick Stepanek?? OH yeah, this was a guy who was playing great until FIRST ROUND OF USOPEN. *tears hair*

munchin
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm ashamed of how competitive this game makes me, but I'm actively rooting for Berlocq.

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm ashamed of how competitive this game makes me, but I'm actively rooting for Berlocq.

Berlocq would be the guy that took out Benneteau and me at another slam. But, yeah, I, too, want 62 people to crash out like records.

As long as Acasuso wins.

Madame
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Berlocq would be the guy that took out Benneteau and me at another slam. But, yeah, I, too, want 62 people to crash out like records.

As long as Acasuso wins.

I allways seam to agree with M.
When is he playing, this Acasuso ??? I've been waiting all evening !

Jtdrum10
08-28-2007, 02:33 PM

Dry

LOL, I'm in agreement with the survivors having to pay, actually. :D

Well if I was of legal age the drinks would be on me for you both. I guess I could steal some from the bar. What will you have?

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Well if I was of legal age the drinks would be on me for you both. I guess I could steal some from the bar. What will you have?

Jose Cuervo, please... And be warned... Tequila makes my clothes fall off.

Dry

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 02:40 PM
I allways seam to agree with M.
When is he playing, this Acasuso ??? I've been waiting all evening !

That's because I'm always right :) (Plus, us M people should stick together).

Acasuso's up now on court 9

Tscott415
08-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Dry

im not of age sadly....they can buy me dinner instead, besides i would spend more on dinner than drinks

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 02:45 PM
im not of age sadly....they can buy me dinner instead, besides i would spend more on dinner than drinks

Tscott, you're under no obligation to answer, but I'm curious... How old are you? We had a 14-year-old who beat the men's draw here a few years back. Pretty sure you're older than that, given your posts, but thought I'd ask.

Dry

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Tscott, you're under no obligation to answer, but I'm curious... How old are you? We had a 14-year-old who beat the men's draw here a few years back. Pretty sure you're older than that, given your posts, but thought I'd ask.

Dry

We had an (alleged) 7 year old beat the draw this year, didn't we?

Drop-shot
08-28-2007, 02:48 PM

shadow, was 8 supposedly, won Wimby. Lost by choosing Niemenem over Isner on day 1 if I recall correctly

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 02:49 PM

Forgot about them, thanks, M8.

Dry

oohsalmon
08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
shadow, was 8 supposedly, won Wimby. Lost by choosing Niemenem over Isner on day 1 if I recall correctly

That's correct. He did it smugly too.

Karma spares not the young. :evil:

Jtdrum10
08-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Jose Cuervo, please... And be warned... Tequila makes my clothes fall off.

Dry

That happens to me too so don't worry. We'll have a naked tequlia party once I lose!

Drop-shot
08-28-2007, 02:58 PM
That's correct. He did it smugly too.

Karma spares not the young. :evil:

that's how I remembered, his comment caught my attention, "sharp tongue for a young one"

by the way where do you get your live scores from?, the ATP page gives me problems

--cj--
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
still seething over that Golovin debacle. :mad:

arodessa
08-28-2007, 03:11 PM
official usopen site has pretty nice live <a href="http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/index.html">scores</a>.

zephblabs
08-28-2007, 03:28 PM

does it matter? for i think this lounge is located (or should be) in ireland.
and with that comment i bid you adieu for i need to whack some tennis balls because stepanek hasn't finished his opponent yet and peer is still to take the court. makes me wonder if i should have chosen mirza instead.

aedra1119
08-28-2007, 03:35 PM
The members that were a part of the Stepanek three-ring circus bandwagon live to see another SP day! :banana:

Now I just have to wait on Sis. Bethanie. :rolleyes:

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
That happens to me too so don't worry. We'll have a naked tequlia party once I lose!

We tried that once... After the Wimbledon suicide pool. I'm still trying to recover from the pointing and laughing.

Dry

atlpam
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
I take back every nice thing I've ever said about Elena Vesnina.

Dry

And after you told me she could be counted on to fight until the bitter end -
Oh well, don't know why I thought I could actually make it to the second round in a SP anyway. At least I was stuck in a meeting and didn't have to stress out watching the scores from my desk. I guess I'll get a little more work done now that I'm fully cheeked (settles into a cozy chair).

At least I have a couple points in the 20 questions game;)

Jtdrum10
08-28-2007, 03:49 PM
We tried that once... After the Wimbledon suicide pool. I'm still trying to recover from the pointing and laughing.

Dry

awww thats awful!!! :kissing: :kissing:

Well we'll have a secret naked tequlia party and tell everyone to get their own party!

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
And after you told me she could be counted on to fight until the bitter end -
Oh well, don't know why I thought I could actually make it to the second round in a SP anyway. At least I was stuck in a meeting and didn't have to stress out watching the scores from my desk. I guess I'll get a little more work done now that I'm fully cheeked (settles into a cozy chair).

At least I have a couple points in the 20 questions game;)

I'm an idiot, pam. You should know that by now...

Actually, my biggest fear after she got one of the breaks back was that she'd get back the other two as well, serve for the set, get broken at love, race to a 6-0 lead in the tiebreak, and lose.

She let us off easy.

Dry

dryrunguy
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
awww thats awful!!! :kissing: :kissing:

Well we'll have a secret naked tequlia party and tell everyone to get their own party!

there's no such thing as a private party on TAT... haven't you met the TAT party crashers? Jessie and Jeanne?

And Jessie is frightening in the nude... Especially when there's a square box to dance on.... And then Mark Foley shows up with the dollar bills...

Dry

atlpam
08-28-2007, 03:57 PM

TA

What kind of attitude is that? Everyone knows the best part of getting cheeked early is hanging out in the Loser's Lounge - the posts are always more entertaining, especially after you drown your sorrows. :drunk1:

mmmm8
08-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Acasuso is taking too long :mad:

BTW - should Vassallo Arguello somehow win, I say we declare all SP results void,and stop medal payouts, and start an investigation involving British horseracing authorities

Jtdrum10
08-28-2007, 04:09 PM
there's no such thing as a private party on TAT... haven't you met the TAT party crashers? Jessie and Jeanne?

And Jessie is frightening in the nude... Especially when there's a square box to dance on.... And then Mark Foley shows up with the dollar bills...

Dry

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jessie and Jeanne but maybe we can tip them off in the wrong direction.

No comment on seeing Jessie naked.

Federer70
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Definitely very disappointing with Querrey. He blew 7 set points in the 1st, and then total meltdown (after a couple of bad calls in the tie-break); oh well. Hope to have better luck on the women's side.

JTContinental
08-28-2007, 05:22 PM
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3/global/photos/150x200/80394.jpg

Hello, everyone!

As soon as I learned Tati was here, I just knew I had to come over. I mean, we can play dress up and braid each other's hair!

Anyway, got anything to eat? Any celery or carrots? No, thanks, I don't do TicTacs anymore. Too much sugar.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Survived day 2 on both sides, even with my Mattek pick! I think that's a first for me.

Jay
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM

does it matter? for i think this lounge is located (or should be) in ireland.
and with that comment i bid you adieu for i need to whack some tennis balls because stepanek hasn't finished his opponent yet and peer is still to take the court. makes me wonder if i should have chosen mirza instead.

I started bartending at this lounge during the Aussie open this year....and I didn't turn 21 until a few weeks ago. :) And yes, if ANYONE ASKS, we are located in IRELAND.
;)

Dry
She has..she's actually a TATchat regular now. (The TATchat regulars=Jtdrum10, HurricaneJeanne, myself, Beaujarkko [BJ for short..and I like calling him Mr. Cupcake for other, more dirty, reasons], Scotty, JJ, Foxy, Aedra, Oploskoffie, and Evil_Juju.. and our junior TATchat member, Zephblabs)

and I am NOT frightening in the nude! you all know you love my naked body...especially during the winter when I'm pale and pasty-looking. ;)

and i'm too old for Mark Foley..though, I have passed for a 16 year old...and that guy DID look like Mark Foley...hmmm

and everyone loves my dancing! see?>>>>>>:banana::yahoo:

oh, and let's not forget your little naked romp around all of TAT-land post-Wimbledon...:p

I distinctly remember Nelslus and Scotty whoring it up, too.:rolleyes:

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jessie and Jeanne but maybe we can tip them off in the wrong direction.

No comment on seeing Jessie naked.

what?!
You love my nakedness, Jt.. you LOVE it.
did the other night mean NOTHING to you?!?!!

JTContinental
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM

I tried to warn you, muchin!

aedra1119
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Jessie, are you drunk already? No more sneaking drinks from the LL stash, Mr. Bartender. ;)

mrjiggyfly2
08-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Lots of people picking Mardy Fish. Am I the only one who thinks he's capable of throwing in a stink bomb tomorrow??

--cj--
08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
i can't believe i'm here and the Mattek pickers aren't. no justice.

ponchi101
08-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Lots of people picking Mardy Fish. Am I the only one who thinks he's capable of throwing in a stink bomb tomorrow??
ESPN reported that he has been having a little problem with his (operated?) knees. After a tough week in New Haven he might not be physically up to it. So maybe you are correct.

Moose
08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
ESPN reported that he has been having a little problem with his (operated?) knees. After a tough week in New Haven he might not be physically up to it. So maybe you are correct.

oh joy...something to spend the morning worrying about!

Why don't we just start sucking down some Bloody Marys now

Madame
08-29-2007, 08:18 AM
Here's to the 5 french players taht have some huge matches in fornt of them, starting with Aravane taht's on the central against Ivanovic,
and to Safarova and Tursunov, my picks of the day !

:cool:

Madame
08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
just curious here, how many choose Sugiyama ???

she lost the first set ...:eek:

Moose
08-29-2007, 08:46 AM

39 people, Madame...Not a good sign!

Moose
08-29-2007, 08:47 AM
39 people, Madame...Not a good sign!

Should Sake be served warm or chilled?

Foxykhat
08-29-2007, 08:57 AM

If that biarch young lady knows what's good for her she would win the next two sets and not put me in here.

Foxy

suliso
08-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Ai will pull it out. I am not worried yet.

morct
08-29-2007, 09:03 AM
Here's to the 5 french players taht have some huge matches in fornt of them, starting with Aravane taht's on the central against Ivanovic,
and to Safarova and Tursunov, my picks of the day !

:cool:

Not looking too good for Devilder Madame. :p

Foxykhat
08-29-2007, 09:06 AM
Not looking too good for Devilder Madame. :p

Rezai is still thinking about the break she could not hang on to in the first set. Cruise control now for Ana!

Foxy

Madame
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Rezai is still thinking about the break she could not hang on to in the first set. Cruise control now for Ana!

Foxy

Yep the poor little frenchies are having problems. But I didn't really expect Aravane and Nicolas to win. Very difficult for Devilder though. Must be hard to be beaten down in such a way ....

Now, I DO expect Alize, Jo and Marion to win ....

suliso
08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Now, I DO expect Alize, Jo and Marion to win ....

Sorry Madame, but I think Caroline is better :p

Marion will win for sure. Who is Jo?