PDA

View Full Version : Arcade tournaments waiting for players!

oploskoffie
08-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Basically, this is the "pimp my tournament" thread :D :p Got a tournament up-and-running and still need some fresh meat to complete the field? Let the good people of TAT know via this thread. Good luck!

oploskoffie
08-16-2007, 08:45 AM
We currently have openings in the Pool, Slingo Para-Dice, Frogger and Alpha Force tournaments! Get with it! :D

luvs10s
08-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Hi there,

I've entered the mahjong one. How does it work exactly?
Does my current high score count?

oploskoffie
08-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Hi there,

Hey :)

I'm guessing it works pretty much like a regular game of Mahjong. You do what you have to, and when you've either cleared the lot or you've reached a score that works for you, you press "submit". That score will be sent and the game played counted as one of your tries.

Your current highscore does not count. You have to perform under the intense pressure of the tournament :D ;)

Madame
08-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Hi there,

well this is my first too.
Once you register, you wait until all places are occupied and then you can play (there's a little "play" link under your name in the tournament)

Well of course the first game I try is a clear unfeasible Mahjong draw
Ugh !:(

Jay
08-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Deal or No Deal and Frogger only need one more player.
come out and join us! :D

Kirkus
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I filled out the DoND field.

munchin
08-17-2007, 02:16 PM
You know, I honestly didn't think the mahjjong tourney would fill out this fast. I was under the impression it was an deeply hated game. I actually almost made it a 4-person tournament. Or maybe it is a hated game and everyone here is as intensely competitive as I am.

Madame
08-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Deal or No Deal and Frogger only need one more player.
come out and join us! :D

well I just can't understand the rules for DoND
It's a mystery to me ...:confused:

luvs10s
08-17-2007, 10:57 PM
You know, I honestly didn't think the mahjjong tourney would fill out this fast. I was under the impression it was an deeply hated game. I actually almost made it a 4-person tournament. Or maybe it is a hated game and everyone here is as intensely competitive as I am.

I love mahjong...it's just that this one seems to be extremely hard to clear. I've only done it about five times (luckily one was the tournament :yahoo: ) and I'd hate to think how many games I've played.

morct
08-18-2007, 01:57 AM
well I just can't understand the rules for DoND
It's a mystery to me ...:confused:

Moi aussi Madame. :)

atlpam
08-18-2007, 08:22 AM
I love mahjong...it's just that this one seems to be extremely hard to clear. I've only done it about five times (luckily one was the tournament :yahoo: ) and I'd hate to think how many games I've played.

AAAARGH!!!
I had a great game going (during a thunderstorm), just cleared the board with a score of 2246 when our power went out and the internet connection dropped:pissedoff:

Madame
08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Ok, Thanks to two brilliant teachers: mrjiggyfly2 and oploskoffie
I now understand the game of DonD !!! :cheesy:

no big deal ....

Kirkus
08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
:banana: $10.00 in DoND! :banana:

I rock!

Jay
08-19-2007, 12:19 AM
:banana: $10.00 in DoND! :banana:

I rock!

If only you would have gotten that in the first round :p

I feel like it's the US Open in 2005. You're Venus and I'm Serena; you beat me in a previous round only to crash in the next round.

As Serena said, "If Venus (Kirkus) didn't beat me, I would have won the whole thing".:p

Kirkus
08-19-2007, 12:28 AM
If only you would have gotten that in the first round :p

I feel like it's the US Open in 2005. You're Venus and I'm Serena; you beat me in a previous round only to crash in the next round.

As Serena said, "If Venus (Kirkus) didn't beat me, I would have won the whole thing".:p

:hyst:

So sorry, Jessie. That's how I feel when Roddick is beaten, then the guy that beat him plays like crap in the next round.

Jay
08-19-2007, 12:32 AM
:hyst:

So sorry, Jessie. That's how I feel when Roddick is beaten, then the guy that beat him plays like crap in the next round.

haha I feel the same way about Venus.
plus, no need to sorry. There's always next time. This is the first time we've met in the first round of a tournament. There will be other times ;)

*plots his revenge*

Oooh! you could fill out the draw in frogger!

and join Alpha force ;) then we would only need one more person.

Kirkus
08-19-2007, 12:28 PM
haha I feel the same way about Venus.
plus, no need to sorry. There's always next time. This is the first time we've met in the first round of a tournament. There will be other times ;)

*plots his revenge*

Oooh! you could fill out the draw in frogger!

and join Alpha force ;) then we would only need one more person.

I suck at Frogger and Alpha Force.

JTContinental
08-19-2007, 12:31 PM

I suck at all the games, except the pool for some reason. Of course, that's the only tournament that isn't filling. :(

Jay
08-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Have you seen my latest score in Frogger?
I probably suck in it more than you do. Heck, I'm thinking i'm gonna embarrass myself out there in that tourney.

Alpha force...I suck in that too. Heck, I suck in all of them except for Moon Lander

I just enter these tourneys, now, to play for fun. :)

plus, if I can knock down a few people or, heck, win a tournament, I'll be moderately happy :)

These games and tourneys are definitely great stress relievers and diversions from crap in the real world :D

beaujarkko
08-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I signed up for the last spot in the Frogger tournament because it's been up for forever and I felt bad for you all who were waiting for it to be filled. Don't expect me to win it, for sure ;)

beaujarkko
08-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Okay, so, before I keep playing the Frogger tournament, it doesn't look like any of my scores are registering. There's no submit button at the end, either. Don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

dryrunguy
08-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Mine didn't show up, either. The Frogger Tournament is a bust. :mad:

Dry

beaujarkko
08-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry Dry :( All that wasted expectation...

morct
08-21-2007, 02:19 AM
OK people, 2 slots only left in the pool tournament. :D

oploskoffie
08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
The Frogger tournament has been deleted. :(

Still ONE space available for the Pool tournament, and TWO spaces available for the Alpha Force tournament. Get 'm while they're hot! :D

oohsalmon
08-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Why aren't I through in Slingo?

mmmm8
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Why aren't I through in Slingo?

Because you've played 2 out of 3 games :)

oohsalmon
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Because you've played 2 out of 3 games :)

Hmm, I've never had to use all my tries when my opponent is through and beaten.

And Slingo is so tedious...

dryrunguy
08-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Hmm, I've never had to use all my tries when my opponent is through and beaten.

And Slingo is so tedious...

I never have, either... First I've heard of that.

Dry

mmmm8
08-21-2007, 08:06 PM
It won't let me put you through. Maybe the creator of the tournament has to do it. I was able to put people through on all other games where I've tried to.

Kirkus
08-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I think if you start your 3rd game, do like 1 roll, then leave the page it'll show you as having played all 3 games. You should then advance.

oohsalmon
08-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I think if you start your 3rd game, do like 1 roll, then leave the page it'll show you as having played all 3 games. You should then advance.

I was sure that would work. But...

I dunno :confused:

morct
08-22-2007, 12:54 AM
It won't let me put you through. Maybe the creator of the tournament has to do it. I was able to put people through on all other games where I've tried to.

I just put oohsalmon through. Never saw that happen before. :undecided:

munchin
08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
SOMEONE'S gotta wanna play the Alpha Force tournament. It's such a fun game!

morct
08-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I have a bad feeling about the fruit smash tournament, I just played and it didn't record my score. Anyone else want to try?? :undecided:

oohsalmon
08-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I have a bad feeling about the fruit smash tournament, I just played and it didn't record my score. Anyone else want to try?? :undecided:

I was afraid it wasn't going to work...

There seems to be a pattern here... games where you can't comment on your scores don't work for tournaments.

--cj--
08-25-2007, 10:17 AM
i think you are right. which will make me feel better since i was starting to think it was just tourneys that i started. :(

i guess we'll never know who can squish the most fruit in head to head match ups. sigh.

Kirkus
08-25-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm really sorry about some of the games not working for tournaments. That pretty much stinks. I don't have a clue how to fix the problem(s).

Maybe I should make a list somewhere of the games that DO and DON'T work with tournaments.

oohsalmon
08-25-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm really sorry about some of the games not working for tournaments. That pretty much stinks. I don't have a clue how to fix the problem(s).

Maybe I should make a list somewhere of the games that DO and DON'T work with tournaments.

Maybe you could take the ones that don't work off the create a tourney menu?

oploskoffie
08-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I've killed the Fruit Smash tournament.

We'll look into that idea, oohsalmon. If that could be arranged, it would be a great way of avoiding these kinda headaches.

beaujarkko
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
There are three tournaments remaining who need players! Like my Simon tournament... don't be scared... and the Alpha Force tournament that has been up for weeks...

oploskoffie
09-02-2007, 01:23 PM
The Simon tournament has gotten underway. Still three tournaments waiting for players!

oohsalmon
09-22-2007, 01:05 AM
The Alpha Force tournament has been waiting 41 days to begin!

Can we please get a couple people to join out of sympathy?

tennisbrp
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I got bumped out of the deal or no deal tourney wothout ever playing and got a zero after my computer was hung up for a few minues....weird.

oploskoffie
09-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Just ONE more spot left in the Pool tournament :rolleyes:

beaujarkko
09-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I got bumped out of the deal or no deal tourney wothout ever playing and got a zero after my computer was hung up for a few minues....weird.

And now that tournament seems not to be able to finish on the left side of the draw.

oploskoffie
09-26-2007, 08:24 AM
And now that tournament seems not to be able to finish on the left side of the draw.

I have this neat little "make the winner advance" option which, after Kirkus' hard work this week, now finally seems to work as well! So, this tournament is still very much alive! :)

now to find one person who has the guts to play pool...

dryrunguy
09-26-2007, 08:26 AM
I have this neat little "make the winner advance" option which, after Kirkus' hard work this week, now finally seems to work as well! So, this tournament is still very much alive! :)

Cool! Unfortunately, I'm already dead in the water in the next round. :mad:

:p

Dry

beaujarkko
09-26-2007, 08:28 AM

Excellent.

I'm usually good for a filler spot just to get the tournament rolling, but honestly, pool... not so much. I filled in for the hexxagon tournament (which I'm terrible at) and got a DQ into the semifinals, lol.

oploskoffie
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Excellent.

I'm usually good for a filler spot just to get the tournament rolling, but honestly, pool... not so much. I filled in for the hexxagon tournament (which I'm terrible at) and got a DQ into the semifinals, lol.

Is there anything I can bribe you with? :cheese: And well, hey, ehm, you would get to play me in the first round. No pressure :p

beaujarkko
09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Is there anything I can bribe you with? :cheese: And well, hey, ehm, you would get to play me in the first round. No pressure :p

It was the cheese. That and your opponent would likely have lost anyways, so it's all a go. For repayment, you can join the Simon tournament. I feel that 8 people may have been a bit ambitious, but hey, I gave it a shot.

oploskoffie
09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
It was the cheese. That and your opponent would likely have lost anyways, so it's all a go. For repayment, you can join the Simon tournament. I feel that 8 people may have been a bit ambitious, but hey, I gave it a shot.

You have yourself a deal :cool:

beaujarkko
09-28-2007, 07:43 AM
The Simon tournament needs two more players! Let's make this somewhat overly-ambitious venture come true :)

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Done, beau! For the cause!

I'd like to congratulate Mr. Koffie in advance for making the semifinals of the Simon tournament. :cheesy:

Dry

beaujarkko
09-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Done, beau! For the cause!

I'd like to congratulate Mr. Koffie in advance for making the semifinals of the Simon tournament. :cheesy:

Dry

LOL. That's the spirit. I finally joined that Pool Jam game and I was the proverbial pebble in the road that drew Koffie in the first round. I think it took him 2.5 minutes to beat my score. :D

oohsalmon
10-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I just started three farewell tournaments, in Hansen's Eyebrows, 123 Go, and Flash Golf. There are a combined 13 open slots, so join up, TAT!

Jay
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I just started three farewell tournaments, in Hansen's Eyebrows, 123 Go, and Flash Golf. There are a combined 13 open slots, so join up, TAT!

I'll join :cheesy:

--cj--
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
crap. i drew Dry in the FlashGolf tourney. I'm really just there for support anyway. The game eludes me.

Jay
10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
crap. i drew Dry in the FlashGolf tourney. I'm really just there for support anyway. The game eludes me.

me too LOL

I drew salmon :(

oploskoffie
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
For those of you still considering if you will or won't take part in the Pool Jam tournament... I'm not taking part ;) I promised both myself and someone else I'd stay out of that one, so.... Only three more people needed!!

--cj--
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
What better way to test out this new Archery game than with a friendly little tourney? Assuming it works with the tourney system. Fire at will!

morct
12-07-2007, 10:31 AM
For those of you still considering if you will or won't take part in the Pool Jam tournament... I'm not taking part ;) I promised both myself and someone else I'd stay out of that one, so.... Only three more people needed!!

All right - it's been looking a bit forlorn sitting there for the last month anyway. ;)

dryrunguy
01-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I know there's a major going on, but we could use two more victims players for tournaments--one for Ball of Madness and one for 247 Mini-Gulf. :)

Dry

atlpam
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Need 2 more players for a Quick Words tournament - I know the "Quick" in the name can be misleading, but that's why you only get one shot in each round!

Jay
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Since I won the last DonD tourney (http://www.yelims.com/IPB/Smiley-IPB-06.gif), I thought I'd make a new one

dryrunguy
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I set up a bunch of new tournaments last night, so have at 'em, folks! :cheesy:

suliso
03-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Just one more spot left in Slingo-para dice tournament. Anyone?

dryrunguy
03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
what's the deal with the Quick Words tournament? (Not sure why I care since I was eliminated a long, long time ago.) The draw is all mucked up. Is that fixable? Or is the tournament dead in the water?

oploskoffie
03-26-2008, 11:36 PM
what's the deal with the Quick Words tournament? (Not sure why I care since I was eliminated a long, long time ago.) The draw is all mucked up. Is that fixable? Or is the tournament dead in the water?

As dead as a doornail. It's just been deleted :( Really sorry about that, but there was no fix for the state that was in...

Jay
04-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Woot! I just won the DoND tourney! :yahoo: :banana:

oploskoffie
05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
I know the weather is improving and we're spending more time AFK, but come on already... We have THREE tournaments desperate to get underway. Sign up!!! Let's get these shows in the road!

:cool:

Jay
05-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I know the weather is improving and we're spending more time AFK, but come on already... We have THREE tournaments desperate to get underway. Sign up!!! Let's get these shows in the road!

what is this short for?

Awake for the kill?

Attacking frightened kittens?

Anthony F****** Kooper?

Another Friday Killing?

Away from Keyboard?

oploskoffie
05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
what is this short for?

Awake for the kill?

Attacking frightened kittens?

Anthony F****** Kooper?

Another Friday Killing?

Away from Keyboard?

:rolleyes:

Jay
05-05-2008, 09:48 AM

Personally, I liked "Attacking frightened kittens" :p

oploskoffie
05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm sure you did, Jessie. I'm sure you did. Now then, as you've pushed the all-important message out of view: here it is again :p

oploskoffie
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
There's the matter of one little Tetris tournament needing (just) four more players. So, c'mon folks! It's one of the most played game in history, surely we have some more adept block turners ;)

Jay
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
There's the matter of one little Tetris tournament needing (just) four more players. So, c'mon folks! It's one of the most played game in history, surely we have some more adept block turners ;)
Even though I suck at it, I just registered for the tournament :)

I didn't look at the draw beforehand. And when I registered for it and saw the draw, I nearly had a heart attack.:p

we only need two more people for the Tetris tournament :)

Kirkus
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
I'd love to play in the tournament. But I'd sign up then forget all about it. :o

oploskoffie
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
I'd love to play in the tournament. But I'd sign up then forget all about it. :o

So, you'd be giving someone the gift of easy progress then, right? :p

I'll remind you :cool:

oploskoffie
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Even though I suck at it, I just registered for the tournament :)

I didn't look at the draw beforehand. And when I registered for it and saw the draw, I nearly had a heart attack.:p

we only need two more people for the Tetris tournament :)

Good on ya, paddles ;) But what's there to be scared of, hmmmmmmmm? :cool:

Justme
07-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I suck at Tetris too and I stopped playing games in the Arcade but I've registered for the tournament :)

TennisAnyone74
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Tetris tournament now has all of its players. Salmon will have an easy pass to the next round since I suck at this.

Give me some pointers, someone: is it better to start at the lowest level and build up or is it better to start at a higher level and accumulate points faster?

TA

oohsalmon
07-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Tetris tournament now has all of its players. Salmon will have an easy pass to the next round since I suck at this.

Give me some pointers, someone: is it better to start at the lowest level and build up or is it better to start at a higher level and accumulate points faster?

TA

I always start high, for what that's worth.

Jay
07-31-2008, 12:09 PM
I always start high, for what that's worth.
What's your drug of choice? ;)

Personally, I always like the high that I get from a combo of Pixie Stix and Dr. Pepper before a nice game of Tetris.

;):p

oohsalmon
08-01-2008, 03:02 PM
My Tetris score didn't submit!!! Stupid IE.

For what it's worth, I broke 90k. But if TA goes through, that's fine :)

Jay
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I just lost to Beaujarkko in the Connect four final :(
I couldn't prolong the inevitable any longer. I had to play that last game even though I knew I wasn't breaking Bj's 17-whatever.

Congrats :)

TennisAnyone74
08-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm playing in the Yeti Greece baseball thing and there is something wrong. The bat doesn't swing until after the penguin hits the ground, no matter when I let go of the mouse. I tried it out by letting go of the mouse as soon as the penguin jumps and he still doesn't swing until after the penguin hits the ground. So I've played 2 tournament games with scores of 0. I'll wait until I get to work tomorrow to try again!

TA

dryrunguy
08-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm playing in the Yeti Greece baseball thing and there is something wrong. The bat doesn't swing until after the penguin hits the ground, no matter when I let go of the mouse. I tried it out by letting go of the mouse as soon as the penguin jumps and he still doesn't swing until after the penguin hits the ground. So I've played 2 tournament games with scores of 0. I'll wait until I get to work tomorrow to try again!

TA

Does the same thing happen when you play regular (non-tournament) Smack the Penguin?

TennisAnyone74
08-10-2008, 11:00 PM
It's working for me now. But I still got beat!

TA

beaujarkko
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I just lost to Beaujarkko in the Connect four final :(
I couldn't prolong the inevitable any longer. I had to play that last game even though I knew I wasn't breaking Bj's 17-whatever.

Congrats :)

I just saw this. Sorry :( But I have a reputation to uphold in that game. I take on all comers.

Speaking of tournaments... I just broke Dry's streak of six straight Archery tournaments won. Awesome.

dryrunguy
09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I just saw this. Sorry :( But I have a reputation to uphold in that game. I take on all comers.

Speaking of tournaments... I just broke Dry's streak of six straight Archery tournaments won. Awesome.

Yeah, you and your lucky shots. :mad:

nelslus
09-04-2008, 11:50 AM

.....Tell us something that we don't ALREADY know..... :gorgeous:

beaujarkko
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM

Bad nelslus.

nelslus
09-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Bad nelslus.

.....Tell us something ELSE that we don't ALREADY know..... :gorgeous:

dryrunguy
09-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Four tournaments waiting for one more player in The Arcade... ;)

Jay
09-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Even though Koffie beat my Tetris score, I'm still incredibly proud of it. I've NEVER gotten that high in Tetris...EVER.
:)

aww. No, it's fine. I was just proud that I made the final.:)

:hyst: @ both of these posts

Charlie02123
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I put up three new Yahtzee tournaments. A 5, 3, and 1 try.

Also, there are two PacMan tournaments that have been waiting for 2 players for almost a month now. I hope someone will join those, even if they're lousy.

dryrunguy
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I was just curious why people register for arcade tournaments if they have no intention of playing them? Is it for the sole purpose of making everyone else wait three days until you're disqualified?

oohsalmon
10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I was just curious why people register for arcade tournaments if they have no intention of playing them? Is it for the sole purpose of making everyone else wait three days until you're disqualified?

I register to get the tournaments started, because they're so often sitting waiting for people for weeks.

And it would really help to have the automated reminder after 2 days that the site promises, but has never once done :rolleyes:.

missinandre
10-08-2008, 08:16 AM

I signed up for two tournaments....and waited and waited and waited...and then I went on vacation with my family and to my dismay...my first tournaments got the required number of participants and started without me ...naturally, I was disqualified and discovered this upon returning home from visiting family members WITH NO COMPUTERS!!!

So don't think I signed up for tournaments and then "just" didn't participate! :)

missinandre
10-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Do you thirst for medals so bad that....you can't wait three days to give the player the chance to participate? Oh wait...does the Arcade even give medals? No? You just get your name PLASTERED everywhere in the Arcade?

What would shadow think of this?

Jay
11-02-2008, 06:37 AM
oh good gawd. y'all are yahtzee obsessed.

I just looked at what tournaments are currently running, and there are 6 yahtzee tournaments running right now :shocked:

"View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=270) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=269) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=268) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=267) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=271) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-01-2008
View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=248) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 10-17-2008

missinandre
11-03-2008, 09:49 AM
oh good gawd. y'all are yahtzee obsessed.

I just looked at what tournaments are currently running, and there are 6 yahtzee tournaments running right now :shocked:

"View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=270) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=269) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=268) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=267) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-02-2008 View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=271) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 11-01-2008
View Tournament (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=248) Yahtzee (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=35) Tournament 8 Not in tourney 10-17-2008

LOL!! This is one arcade game in which I will never participate in a tourney!!! (unless dry promises to let me win.....)

suliso
11-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Yahtzee and slingo-para dice are the best games for tournaments. Others are based on skill too much...

Jay
11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
LOL!! This is one arcade game in which I will never participate in a tourney!!! (unless dry promises to let me win.....)
me too.

Martini4me
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM

I felt very guilty when I saw this, because I was sure you were talking about me.

I register to get the tournaments started, because they're so often sitting waiting for people for weeks.

And it would really help to have the automated reminder after 2 days that the site promises, but has never once done :rolleyes:.

I do have intention of playing. But I don't play the arcade games very often, and usually end up forgetting that I've registered. But sometimes it takes a while for the tournament to fill up, and as salmon said, there haven't been any automated reminders.

Jay
12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
The tetris game has been sitting there waiting for 3 more people to enter for almost a month.

come on, y'all. Enter! :)

dryrunguy
12-27-2008, 09:29 PM
The tetris game has been sitting there waiting for 3 more people to enter for almost a month.

come on, y'all. Enter! :)

I entered a few weeks ago... Very reluctantly. And of course, I drew Koffie. Please send flowers.

::

And speaking of Koffie and flowers, that 3-game Yahtzee tournament between him and shrubflower is a red hot mess... One of them has to beat 321... I predict that tournament will finish sometime in April.

But we're taking bets on April of WHICH YEAR... :cheesy:

Charlie02123
12-28-2008, 01:56 AM
And speaking of Koffie and flowers, that 3-game Yahtzee tournament between him and shrubflower is a red hot mess... One of them has to beat 321... I predict that tournament will finish sometime in April.

Oh I know! I'm in the finals waiting for the winner. I feel like I should just forget about it, because eventually one of them will finally beat the other and then destroy me. I finished my three games a few days ago, and I don't expect my 268 (I think) score to hold up. Eh.

morct
12-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I deleted the current Yahtzee tournament with 4 tries per round - it had dry qualifying in 2 semifinal spots - neither of which were the correct spots! :rolleyes:

dryrunguy
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I deleted the current Yahtzee tournament with 4 tries per round - it had dry qualifying in 2 semifinal spots - neither of which were the correct spots! :rolleyes:

Bull... You just knew you couldn't beat my score. :cheesy:

I wondered yesterday if it was going to be unfixable. I wish we could get a handle on why that happens sometimes. It just seems to pop up so randomly.

dryrunguy
12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Where did the 5-game tournament go? As of last night it was waiting for two more people. Now it's not there. Did something go awry with that as well or did it just mysteriously disappear?

tennisbrp
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I signed up for tetris even though I will lose instantly. Now we need 2 more mahjong players, por favor...

morct
12-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Where did the 5-game tournament go? As of last night it was waiting for two more people. Now it's not there. Did something go awry with that as well or did it just mysteriously disappear?

:o:o I may have gotten a bit carried away and deleted 2 tournaments! Sorry.:o:o

dryrunguy
12-29-2008, 01:42 PM
:o:o I may have gotten a bit carried away and deleted 2 tournaments! Sorry.:o:o

I wouldn't assume that, morct. Given some of the bizarre things that happen with Yahtzee tournaments, I don't think we can necessarily rule out mysterious disappearage...

oploskoffie
12-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I entered a few weeks ago... Very reluctantly. And of course, I drew Koffie. Please send flowers.

::

With the scores still tied, I got advanced to the final?? :confused::confused::confused:

So much for the fun of going on with this one through 2009...

shrubflower
12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I was robbed!:mad: hahaha. good luck koffie!

dryrunguy
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
led14 won four of the last five Yahtzee tournaments.

This needs to stop. I got to two finals (4 and 5 game tournaments), at which point Yahtzee decided it was going to thoroughly kick my behind beyond recognition... I could barely get three of anything, and in 9 games, didn't score a SINGLE Yahtzee. :mad:

But that was well done, led! :p

morct
01-06-2009, 02:09 PM
With the scores still tied, I got advanced to the final?? :confused::confused::confused:

So much for the fun of going on with this one through 2009...

I was tied with someone in a Yahtzee tournament again, and just disqualified myself. It's easier than being in an neverending loop of Yahtzee.:rolleyes:

Martini4me
01-06-2009, 04:05 PM
led14 won four of the last five Yahtzee tournaments.

This needs to stop. ... I could barely get three of anything ...., . :mad:

Blah, blah, blah. ANd why do you think we have ADAM?

dryrunguy
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Anyone wanna sign up for the last two Yahtzee games? :o

dryrunguy
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry, Yahtzee addicts. I thought I had set up tournaments for 1 and 2 games... But I guess a set up two 2-game tournaments. I'll get it right next time. ;)

TennisAnyone74
03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
CALLING ALL ARCHERERS!!!!!

The Archery Tournament, formed since March 4th, is looking for three more players game to put their archery skills to the test! Come on guys! Get your competitive juices flowing and enter. If you're paired against me, I can almost guarantee you a win!

TA

Madame
03-26-2009, 03:39 AM
dry, I hate you.

I do 313 in Yahtzee, my best ever score, and you do 327 in the same tournament round.

dryrunguy
03-26-2009, 05:34 AM
dry, I hate you.

I do 313 in Yahtzee, my best ever score, and you do 327 in the same tournament round.

Hey, I deserve a little luck everyone now and then! I had three Yahtzees in that game... And you'd be surprised how often you can get three Yahtzees in a game and not get over 220 or so.

dryrunguy
04-13-2009, 01:19 PM
We have a few spots left for two Yahtzee tournaments. Please feel free to join the group! :)

munchin
04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
We have a few spots left for two Yahtzee tournaments. Please feel free to join the group! :)

Oooh, I haven't even had time to use the arcade in months. I'm in.

dryrunguy
04-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Something went berzerk in the mahjong tournament, so I had to delete it.

We also have a mucked up Yahtzee tournament, but I'm going to wait to delete it because there are several going on and I don't want to delete the wrong one.

I'll create a new mahjong tournament and a new 2-game Yahtzee tournament. Sorry about the troubles.

TennisAnyone74
04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Something went berzerk in the mahjong tournament, so I had to delete it.

We also have a mucked up Yahtzee tournament, but I'm going to wait to delete it because there are several going on and I don't want to delete the wrong one.

I'll create a new mahjong tournament and a new 2-game Yahtzee tournament. Sorry about the troubles.

Yeah, I wondered what happened to that mahjong tournament. I played one of my games and finished the entire puzzle. My score went from in the thousands to five hundred and something. I thought that was strange but accepted it and decided never to finish a puzzle again if that is what happens!

TA

morct
04-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Another Yahtzee tournament is screwed up - a 2 games/round tournament - so I removed it.

dryrunguy
04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Another Yahtzee tournament is screwed up - a 2 games/round tournament - so I removed it.

that must be the one I was talking about. I was afraid to delete it because I might delete the wrong one. Thanks!

dryrunguy
05-02-2009, 08:09 PM
We could use one more person for a Yahtzee tournament. :) Please?

dryrunguy
05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Bunches and bunches of tournaments waiting for players in the arcade! Great time for new folks to hop in the mix!

TennisAnyone74
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Okay. I took a chance and created an 8 player battleship tournament and an 8 player mahjong tournament. Won't you join?

TA

Charlie02123
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Okay. I took a chance and created an 8 player battleship tournament and an 8 player mahjong tournament. Won't you join?

TA

Ooooooh! I joined the Battleship one. (I don't get mahjong. :()

Madame
05-22-2009, 05:33 AM
ooops, I played the mahjong tourney and broke everything down :(

morct
05-22-2009, 06:17 AM
ooops, I played the mahjong tourney and broke everything down :(

Let dry and I play our games Madame and see if it fixes itself, otherwise I will delete it.

dryrunguy
05-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Let dry and I play our games Madame and see if it fixes itself, otherwise I will delete it.

Played mine. Things look mucked. :(

Madame
05-22-2009, 07:18 AM
Played mine. Things look mucked. :(

now dry, why is it when I get a good score , the tourney gets mucked ? ;)

morct
05-22-2009, 07:23 AM

Time to delete??

morct
05-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Deleted, sorry Madame!

dryrunguy
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM

Well, stop getting good scores and we won't have this problem! :cheesy:

P.S.--I set up another Mahjong tournament in its place.

Kirkus
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Excuse the language, but the tournament system on this thing is pretty much a piece of shit. I don't understand why things are thoroughly tested before being made available.

oploskoffie
06-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Excuse the language, but the tournament system on this thing is pretty much a piece of shit. I don't understand why things are thoroughly tested before being made available.

I've always wanted to say that, but never felt comfortable doing so. All I can say now is "indeed" and "thank you" ;)

Kirkus
06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I've always wanted to say that, but never felt comfortable doing so. All I can say now is "indeed" and "thank you" ;)

LOL. No. Wait. LMAO!

Holy Crimeny! I'm so sorry to you and Dry. I had no idea until I started playing in tournaments.

oohsalmon
06-18-2009, 11:36 PM
So I won the BoM tournament, my first tournament win in years (yay!), but I am really frustrated. I got a 656 with two golds and two greens. Meaning that if I had gotten four golds (sixty more points), I was on pace to get 716, which would have OBLITERATED the all time high score, which I don't think has ever even broke 690.

Sigh.

oohsalmon
07-18-2009, 05:01 PM
What happened in the Tetris tournament??? I got a 0? I didn't even try to play!

dryrunguy
09-15-2009, 08:42 AM
The U.S. Open is over, folks! Back to the Arcade!!!!! :cheesy:

dryrunguy
01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
We have several Yahtzee tournaments and a Battleship tournament waiting for 1 more player. :)

Drop-shot
01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
battleship, one-on-one or against a machine?

dryrunguy
01-29-2010, 06:11 PM
battleship, one-on-one or against a machine?

Una machina.

Drop-shot
01-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Una machina.

yeah, signed up anyways and played.

We shoud really try to get a one-on-one interface system.

It's maquina. ;)

dryrunguy
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
It's maquina. ;)

Oops!

It figures since I used "abogado" yesterday in an email and actually got it right. :o

Alternate Post: Screw you. The person who created Spanish got it wrong! :)

dryrunguy
04-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I set up some new yahtzee tournaments, in case y'all are interested. Feel free to join. Need two more players.

oploskoffie
04-05-2011, 10:40 AM
So yeah, work 'n all... :p Signed up, of course!

Jay
04-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Oops!

It figures since I used "abogado" yesterday in an email and actually got it right. :o

When it comes to my Spanish-language mistakes, I tend to mispronounce words rather than say the wrong ones (they make me sound sometimes like a Frenchman trying to speak Spanish. :p )

Alternate Post: Screw you. The person who created Spanish got it wrong! :)

Damn that Miguel de Cervantes!! http://i53.tinypic.com/2rw6lxc.gif
(I know he didn't actually invent Spanish, but his influence on modern Castilian is huge, so..yeah.)

+++

I'd join, but I am horrible at Yahtzee.

dryrunguy
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
When it comes to my Spanish-language mistakes, I tend to mispronounce words rather than say the wrong ones (they make me sound sometimes like a Frenchman trying to speak Spanish. :p )

The last time I was in PR, the ice cream truck was rolling through the neighborhood. I ran up to it and asked for un hielo chocolate.

She replies, "Que???" With a very quizzical and confused look.

I catch myself and say, "Perdon. Un helado chocolate."

She laughs hysterically. As did everyone else back in the house when I related the story.

dryrunguy
04-11-2011, 12:43 PM
One more spot in the Yahtzee tournaments!

oploskoffie
04-11-2011, 12:46 PM
One more spot in the Yahtzee tournaments!

In! Be kind to me, please :p

dryrunguy
05-17-2011, 04:04 PM
We need one more person for some Yahtzee tournaments. Any takers? :)

Charlie02123
05-18-2011, 05:27 PM
any choice better than you does !
this is great thanks

SPAMMER ALERT! :)

dryrunguy
05-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Need one more person for Yahtzee!!! :)

Kirkus
05-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Need one more person for Yahtzee!!! :)Play on.

dryrunguy
05-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Need one more again for Yahtzee tournaments. :)

tinamarie
05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Need one more again for Yahtzee tournaments. :)

How does an arcade tournament work? Do we sign up somewhere? Does it happen at a specific time?

morct
05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
How does an arcade tournament work? Do we sign up somewhere? Does it happen at a specific time?

Go into the arcade and click on tournaments. You will see a list of tournaments waiting for players. You can enter however many you like.

The way it works is that both you and the person you are against have to complete your games before a specific date, the winner progresses.

tinamarie
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Go into the arcade and click on tournaments. You will see a list of tournaments waiting for players. You can enter however many you like.

The way it works is that both you and the person you are against have to complete your games before a specific date, the winner progresses.

Thanks, morct:)

dryrunguy
05-24-2011, 04:35 PM
New Yahtzee tournaments have been set up!

beaujarkko
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
New Yahtzee tournaments have been set up!

I registered for a couple. And I just won the other one on the first try. You'd think I were "good" at the game or something.

dryrunguy
05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
I registered for a couple. And I just won the other one on the first try. You'd think I were "good" at the game or something.

Congrats! The score I left for you to beat wasn't blistering. Watch out for Koffie, though! He always seems to get 320+! That skank! :cheesy:

oploskoffie
05-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Congrats! The score I left for you to beat wasn't blistering. Watch out for Koffie, though! He always seems to get 320+! That skank! :cheesy:

Yeah, in the first rounds perhaps. And then in the finals I sink to about a 200 average score, especially against YOU :p

beaujarkko
05-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Yeah, I knew your score was beatable. In one of the other tourneys, I've played twice and my high is 220-something. I'm going to take a small break and wait for the dice to improve, lol.

Kirkus
05-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I suck at tournaments. The only reason I won that last one was because, I think, Dolphin was distracted by something.

oploskoffie
06-09-2011, 04:10 PM

The skank now actually went for five 300+ scores from 5 matches, but stalled at 4 :o:cool:

James7
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Lol.

I tried the jewel swapping game but it ended when it generated a level that began with no moves.

dryrunguy
06-09-2011, 05:54 PM
The skank now actually went for five 300+ scores from 5 matches, but stalled at 4 :o:cool:

Dude! Not a nice thing to do to a guy recovering from surgery! Why didn't you just rip the rest of his neck cavity out?!?!? :p

oploskoffie
06-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Dude! Not a nice thing to do to a guy recovering from surgery! Why didn't you just rip the rest of his neck cavity out?!?!? :p

What? Ya think Florence Nightingale got the results she wanted through mollycoddling? Na-ah. Tough love, baby. That's the only way :cool:

oploskoffie
06-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Lol.

I tried the jewel swapping game but it ended when it generated a level that began with no moves.

That game really, really is insane where that's concerned. You're clicking away ever so happily and then WHAM.

I wish I were fast enough to compete against the clock instead of the "run out of moves" option :o

Kirkus
08-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Yahtzee tournament! 3 tries. 3 spots open.

Kirkus
08-03-2014, 02:02 AM
1 spot still open for Yahtzee.

Charlie02123
08-03-2014, 03:14 AM
It was two until yours truly signed up. Imma Yahtzee the Bejeezus outta y'all!!!!!!