PDA

View Full Version : Marcelo Rios: An Intro

edma1022
07-29-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=12629

"All the guys have different humors, outside of the court," Johansson said. "A player that I really liked to watch was Rios. I think he was one of the best players, ever. Because I remember one year when he was gonna play Thomas Muster in Rome. And I saw the press conference before the match. And they asked him, so how are you gonna be able to beat Muster, because he only had lost one or two matches on clay so far. And Rios said, ‘The guy should be happy if he gets like a couple of games.’And Rios went out there the next day and killed him, 1 and 2. And that's for me unbelievable. I really liked to watch him. I didn't like to play him though. But I really liked to watch him."

Ti-Amie
07-29-2007, 11:56 AM
I was and still am a fan of the tennis player Marcelo Rios. He made the difficult look easy before Roger and is a natural lefty.

Thanks for posting this Ed.

edma1022
07-29-2007, 12:09 PM
I was and still am a fan of the tennis player Marcelo Rios. He made the difficult look easy before Roger and is a natural lefty.

Thanks for posting this Ed.

No probs, Ti-Amie. I used to have this pc wallpaper with rotating pics of his action shots in the late 90's.

His was a career gone bad but his court smoothness paved the way to the Federers and the Gasquets long before it was fashionable.

bea26
07-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Why isn't he on the actual tour?

mmmm8
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Why isn't he on the actual tour?

Doesn't that face just say "I like to hurt old people?"