PDA

View Full Version : Great Mahjong out, Mahjong in.

Kirkus
07-28-2007, 11:21 AM
There was some concern that the "Great" Mahjong game I installed the other day was too small. So it's being replaced with a new, larger game called, simply, "mahjong". The tiles are much larger and easier to see.

The older, smaller Mahjong will be removed when scores are reset on the 1st.

dryrunguy
07-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Thank God... I'm blind enough as it is... Great game, though.

Dry

Kirkus
07-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank God... I'm blind enough as it is... Great game, though.

Dry

Yeah, I know! Not sure what I was thinking. I could hardly see the designs on the tiles. LOL.

I'd heard of Mahjong but never played it before. It is a fun game.

dryrunguy
07-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I know! Not sure what I was thinking. I could hardly see the designs on the tiles. LOL.

I'd heard of Mahjong but never played it before. It is a fun game.

They had it installed on my puter when I worked for the Feds... It's cool!

Dry

edma1022
07-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Mah jong is an old Chinese board game. A combination of bridge and gin rummy on cards. It's very popular among Chinese-speaking countries in Asia (HK, Singapore, China, Philippines, etc.).

It's played by 4 persons (North-South-East-West) and the tiles represent dragons, wind (N-E-W-S), lotus flowers, bamboo sticks, and balls.

We play old Cantonese-style using actual tiles on a square table.

Great fun.

Jack
07-30-2007, 04:40 PM
If memory serves, Estelle Costanza was quite a fan.

--cj--
08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
i liked the smaller one better. it had different board layouts to choose from, let you know how many matches were left and was generally a more sophisticated version of the game. I get that it was small, but it had much better functionality. :(

Foxykhat
08-06-2007, 02:55 PM
i liked the smaller one better. it had different board layouts to choose from, let you know how many matches were left and was generally a more sophisticated version of the game. I get that it was small, but it had much better functionality. :(

I agree but since I had complained about the first one I decided to let it be.

Foxy

oploskoffie
08-06-2007, 02:56 PM

I'll keep an eye out for a version that combines the best of both worlds. For now, though, a version that does not require a microscope for some is our poison of choice.

oohsalmon
08-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Mahjong has to go. It deals games that are impossible to win without telling the player so at any point.

For example, here's the top of one of my boards that I screen capped.

Justme
08-13-2007, 03:21 AM
Mahjong has to go. It deals games that are impossible to win without telling the player so at any point.

Yeah it's annoying. I just reset the board until I find one that's possible to win.

Foxykhat
08-13-2007, 06:46 AM

That's because it doesn't reshuffle the board, so if you run out of moves you're stuck. RIDICULOUS if you ask me!

Foxy

munchin
08-13-2007, 11:33 AM

LOL, I had one like that yesterday. That's so ludicrous.