PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Deportes Question

GVGirl
06-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Anyone on this board have ESPN DEportes? I hear that it has a lot more live tennis than regular ESPN. I'm thinking about getting it for Wimby.

And no, I don't speak Spanish.

Drop-shot
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
look, I live in Argentina (but was born in california), and have ESPN and ESPN+
Between both they have a good coverage of the grand slams and master series events. My ESPN would be your ESPN Deportes
i.e. during Roland Garros both espns would be showing different matchs at the same time.
They generally have plenty of hours of slam coverage, anywhere between 6-8hs per day (this year I'd get up at 8AM and have matchs going on continuesly until 2-3 PM during the longer rounds), and then they have the special programs with the daily recap and highlights
I'm not sure you'd get the same coverage over there, but I think that it might be possible since many of the contests held have an * saying that they're not valid in the US
for more info about programming go to ESPNDEPORTES.COM, i'm pretty sure it has an english version

Ti-Amie
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I have it GVGirl. Just a note of caution.

Last year, I forget which event, they were carrying a match live that NBC or one of the other networks was either not going to show or was showing on a delay. I guess some suit found out because literally in the middle of match play the plug was pulled and they went to a biography of guess who? Guillermo Vilas.

I don't think ESPN minds splitting coverage. The Peacock and Eye networks do.

GVGirl
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
I have it GVGirl. Just a note of caution.

Last year, I forget which event, they were carrying a match live that NBC or one of the other networks was either not going to show or was showing on a delay. I guess some suit found out because literally in the middle of match play the plug was pulled and they went to a biography of guess who? Guillermo Vilas.

I don't think ESPN minds splitting coverage. The Peacock and Eye networks do.

LOL about the Vilas bio!

GVGirl
06-21-2007, 01:14 PM
look, I live in Argentina (but was born in california), and have ESPN and ESPN+
Between both they have a good coverage of the grand slams and master series events. My ESPN would be your ESPN Deportes
i.e. during Roland Garros both espns would be showing different matchs at the same time.
They generally have plenty of hours of slam coverage, anywhere between 6-8hs per day (this year I'd get up at 8AM and have matchs going on continuesly until 2-3 PM during the longer rounds), and then they have the special programs with the daily recap and highlights
I'm not sure you'd get the same coverage over there, but I think that it might be possible since many of the contests held have an * saying that they're not valid in the US
for more info about programming go to ESPNDEPORTES.COM, i'm pretty sure it has an english version

Drop shot,

Thanks so much for the information.

GVGirl
06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Woo hoo, called my cable company and it was just added to my system just a week ago as part of the sports tier. Which means that I've had it for a week already and I didn't know it. At least I didn't have to pay extra for it.

Now I have to be on the lookout for the Vilas and Rafa specials!:smitten: