PDA

View Full Version : Score not submitting for Cribbage

Kirkus
06-18-2007, 07:09 PM
My wife said that today she scored just over 200 points on Cribbage, but received a message telling her, "your score will not be submitted."

Has anyone else seen this?

Charlie02123
06-18-2007, 07:21 PM
My wife said that today she scored just over 200 points on Cribbage, but received a message telling her, "your score will not be submitted."

Has anyone else seen this?

It's the random glitch that happens if you take too long. I think it's the logging off thing. Did you give her the same tip you gave me? (Keep TAT on in another window and click around before submitting your score.)

Kirkus
06-18-2007, 09:19 PM
It's the random glitch that happens if you take too long. I think it's the logging off thing. Did you give her the same tip you gave me? (Keep TAT on in another window and click around before submitting your score.)

Crap! We just talked about this, huh?

Doh!

Thanks, Charlie.

Charlie02123
06-19-2007, 12:10 AM
While we're on the subject of cribbage, you can cheat easily. If you click quickly enough, the computer won't count all of its points. I was wondering how so many people were getting high scores, and then I figured it out and did the same. My high score is completely ridiculous and would never EVER happen in a real game of cribbage.

mrjiggyfly2
06-19-2007, 05:28 AM
While we're on the subject of cribbage, you can cheat easily. If you click quickly enough, the computer won't count all of its points. I was wondering how so many people were getting high scores, and then I figured it out and did the same. My high score is completely ridiculous and would never EVER happen in a real game of cribbage.

Charlie,
I can only speak for myself when I say that my high score is real. I caught every card and he had nothing. I haven't come anywhere close since. and I don't think I ever will. :beer:

beaujarkko
06-19-2007, 05:31 AM
To be completely honest, I never actually thought my high scores were a product of great games, but I didn't know why! I never actually pay that much attention when I play, so Jiggy's score might be the only actual high score.

tennisbrp
06-19-2007, 07:22 AM
I was wondering what the cheating mechanism was since I have yet to get a skunk and he still always pulls weird cards at opportune times...and I believe I am a fast clicker. So nonetheless my scores are real I think (but never close to the top)

Charlie02123
06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Just be careful, because you can cheat yourself out of points too.

Kirkus
06-20-2007, 03:18 PM
So here's the message Mary received today after playing Cribbage:

This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

Have any of you guys seen this message before?

oploskoffie
06-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Yes I have... For Yahtzee :undecided:

mrjiggyfly2
06-20-2007, 03:54 PM

I have seen that message in cribbage.

Kirkus
06-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Well what the hell!?

mrjiggyfly2
06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Well what the hell!?

It's all about Wimbledon now

luvs10s
07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Just had my first win, after playing atleast ten games and then got this: -

"This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirkus
08-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Just had my first win, after playing atleast ten games and then got this: -

"This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm sorry, luvs10s. I'm not exactly sure what causes this to happen. All I can think of is to make sure the "Remember box" is checked when you log on to TAT, and some of us keep a separate TAT window open and click around every five minutes or so. Especially if we're playing a game that takes a longer time to play. It appears that TAT doesn't see any activity on the forum and it automatically logs people off. So when it comes time to submit your score, the forum doesn't know who you are anymore.

I'll do some more research into this. That's very frustrating.

luvs10s
08-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Cheers - I'm sure it was a really low score cos I seriously suck at this game.

I can remember my dad teaching my brother and I to play years (around 30 :shocked: ) ago. I'd forgotten all about it until seeing it here. It was sound weird how all the 'jargon' popped back into my head. As kids 'one for his knob' was a great joke. (I notice this version calls him the Jack though) ;)