PDA

View Full Version : Awards have been distributed!

Kirkus
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Awards to all of our winners have been added to their accounts and should now appear on your posts. In addition, your names have been added to the Wall of Fame!!

Congratulations!

NOTE: There is no longer a separate award for Beating the Draw.

Charlie02123
06-11-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm so excited! I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to get one of those medals.

PeterSkan
06-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Awards to all of our winners have been added to their accounts and should now appear on your posts. In addition, your names have been added to the Wall of Fame!!

Congratulations!

NOTE: There is no longer a separate award for Beating the Draw.

Dang - now I'm down to two awards. I'm a has-been. Not only that, my early success in beating the draw isn't factored into the Suicide Pool standings. A double has-been! Worse yet, there's now no record of me ever having been a has-been. At least a has-been was at one time a been, whereas a has-been with no evidence of the "has" is tantamount to a never-was. a triple has-been.

It's like those of us with our earlier beat-the-draw medals have been paraded in front of the troops and had our medals riped off our chests.

Oh - the ignominy!

Charlie02123
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
:hyst: Is there a TAT version of the midlife crisis?

Kirkus
06-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Dang - now I'm down to two awards. I'm a has-been. Not only that, my early success in beating the draw isn't factored into the Suicide Pool standings. A double has-been! Worse yet, there's now no record of me ever having been a has-been. At least a has-been was at one time a been, whereas a has-been with no evidence of the "has" is tantamount to a never-was. a triple has-been.

It's like those of us with our earlier beat-the-draw medals have been paraded in front of the troops and had our medals riped off our chests.

Oh - the ignominy!

Did I do all that? LOL.

I'm so sorry, Peter. It still indicates that you beat the draw. Is that some consolation?

Jason11E
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Awesome, thank you. This was a lot of fun.

e11even
06-12-2007, 11:47 AM
WOOHOO!!! Thanks, Kirkus. I'm hoping this won't be the last one.. ;)

munchin
06-12-2007, 12:41 PM
There's no content to this post. I just wanted to see my name with an award after it....

kmart93
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
the medal makes me feel accomplished now... haha

Foxykhat
06-12-2007, 01:13 PM
TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH MEDALS :gun: :gun:

I've been trying like forever and I can't seem to BEG, BORROW, THIEF or BUY a medal this is so sad.

Foxy

Scotty
06-12-2007, 01:38 PM
TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH MEDALS :gun: :gun:

I've been trying like forever and I can't seem to BEG, BORROW, THIEF or BUY a medal this is so sad.

Foxy

Yeah, Foxy,

I think mine got lost in the mail, too.

S

Kirkus
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
If it makes you guys feel better, I can't seem to win one either. :)

dryrunguy
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, I didn't get any new awards... That means, as usual, I'm sleeping with all the wrong people. Story of my life. Dammit.

Dry

PeterSkan
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
:hyst: Is there a TAT version of the midlife crisis?

heheheheheh

but the title of the thread "should* read:

Awards Have Been Recalled!!

It's like winning the lottery and two years later the men in grey pin stripes show up at your door and say ..

"umm .. it's kind of funny, but there's been a mistake ..."

hee hee hee

Tartlet
06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Ooooh, a medal! I love shiny, pretty things :)

Charlie02123
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, I didn't get any new awards... That means, as usual, I'm sleeping with all the wrong people. Story of my life. Dammit.

Dry

I don't think us mortals appreciate those comments, you four time medaler, you.

shtexas
06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Good thing I got a new award since one was unceremoniously stolen from me. :mad:

Kirkus
06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Good thing I got a new award since one was unceremoniously stolen from me. :mad:

Sorry sorry sorry sorry.

It was self preservation on my part. With the increase in players/winners, most of whom obviously suffer from beginner's luck :neener: , I would've died from carpal-tunnel syndrome by awarding 76 total medals.

I need my fingers for bowling damn it! I refuse to throw a straight-ball.

gerrynjapan
06-16-2007, 06:40 AM
did I get a medal? just posting to see...

gerrynjapan
06-16-2007, 06:46 AM
yay yay yay,

sorry for contributing to the carpal -tunnel syndrom kirkus, but darn, I sure am proud of that little shiny thing, hope I can prove you wrong about the beginner's luck come wimby and USO!

I'M HOOKED!!!!

:lovestruck: :rockon: :yahoo: :yahoo: :rockon: :lovestruck:

firmly

dryrunguy
06-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I don't think us mortals appreciate those comments, you four time medaler, you.

:cheesy: Like I said, you have no idea what I had to do to get those... Let's just say it's still illegal in many states. ;)

Dry