PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel Racquet Bracket-Roland Garros

Jay
05-25-2007, 04:18 AM
It's that time again. Another tennis pool contest from The Tennis Channel.

This time, however, the prizes are quite different.
They include "an unforgettable French dinner"

I'm pretty sure the registration opens later today (but i could be wrong).

Who's going to play?

I'm in. :)

please include your screen name from over there, and I'll update the list every round (again).
Here's the website:

http://www.thetennischannel.com/racquetbracket/

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 04:22 AM
Play now, get your unforgettable dinner somewhere around 2015 (Guess what TTC still owes me).

If you enter, remember to make your screenname start with TAT (if you want)

You can set up a "private pool." Do we want to do that?

Jay
05-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Play now, get your unforgettable dinner somewhere around 2015 (Guess what TTC still owes me).

If you enter, remember to make your screenname start with TAT (if you want)

You can set up a "private pool." Do we want to do that?

oo I forgot to say that (about the private pool)!!

awww poor mmmm8, still haven't gotten your Wii?

you should email them, call them, do something...and do it a lot. They'll get annoyed, and they'll be like "here, take it! take it! just stay away!!"

If I were you, i'd act crazy.
say you're mentally unstable and that if you don't get your Wii, you'll cut yourself or something (idk..something crazy).

but..yeah..let's do a private pool!!!

jjnow
05-25-2007, 04:27 AM
I was playing around with making a private pool. I'll tell you all how it works out. :)

jj

jjnow
05-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Okay, so I set up an ATP and WTA private pool. It offers a lot of cool and customizable content. But...

From what I understand, as the administrator of the pool, I would have access to everyone's name on their accounts. I'm not sure everyone would be cool with that, so maybe we should just do things as usual, and let Jessie track the scores? I did it with Monte Carlo and didn't have any problems.

jj

GVGirl
05-25-2007, 04:56 AM
I'm in! I'll be tatgvgirl.

4m8, you still didn't get your prize from TTC? Get BEa on the case!

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm in! I'll be tatgvgirl.

4m8, you still didn't get your prize from TTC? Get BEa on the case!

Yeah, apparently, they realized about two months into the mess that they had to order it like all people, and that, guess what, it's sold out!

I've been promised that it would have been sent yesterday, but I'm not holding my breath

jjnow
05-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Apparently when I win this pool, they're sending me to my "favorite French restaurant." Gee...how will I choose? :rolleyes:

Maybe (our) JuJu can give me some recommendations. :D

jj

Moose
05-25-2007, 06:12 AM
definitely I am encouraging our members to join us in this...and as M8 said, we try to register with TAT in front of our screen names so we can sort the scores easier and keep our tallies here.

Private pool is fine with me....or just having Jessie run our totals.

evil_juju
05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Maybe (our) JuJu can give me some recommendations. :D

jj[/QUOTE]

Well you'll have to come out here and eat at my favorite french restaurant!
but wait, I'm gonna win anyways so it wont matter!:rolleyes:

and im cool with th pool or jessie keeping track either way :rockon:

I'll be tatJUJU!

jsd123789456
05-25-2007, 07:04 AM
this contest joys me! i feel slightly less removed since ill miss out on the suicide pool if i make it past the first two days, im gonna come back from my week of marine exposure and have to see how im doing though

jsd123789456
05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
and oh my here are my quarterfinalists (i have some odd fourth round matchups too)

Federer v. Robredo - pretty normal (i had safin and changed it)
Almagro v. Gonzalez - i get the feeling Davydenko is going out, i'll be wrong
Djokovic v. Mathieu - this is the frenchmans chance, he's got the draw
Kohlschreiber v. Nadal - the german's ready and can do it with his draw, as long as blake does his usual implosion if/when they play

of course the nadal fed final and i went with nadal

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm TaTBeau... but I'm gonna wait to fill out the bracket until the qualifiers are placed. Especially where there are two qualifiés playing in the first round....

dryrunguy
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
I missed this game last time. Tell me... Are we allowed to changed them after we post them, as long as we do it before the start of play?

Dry

--cj--
05-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm in as "curtj".

I was way more conflicted about my WTA picks this time around. Although there are some tough 1st round matches on the men's side. I'm afraid those of us in the U.S. are going to be so disappointed in our men at the end of the first round!

Good luck, campers!

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I missed this game last time. Tell me... Are we allowed to changed them after we post them, as long as we do it before the start of play?

Dry

Yes. Till 4 am EST Sunday

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
but..yeah..let's do a private pool!!!

Since Jessie is, er, firmly on-board, maybe we should do the private pool so that it's really easy to keep track of all our scores. JJ has already set one, up, it seems. I, for one, don't mind if he looks at all my predictions.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Since Jessie is, er, firmly on-board, maybe we should do the private pool so that it's really easy to keep track of all our scores. JJ has already set one, up, it seems. I, for one, don't mind if he looks at all my predictions.

It's not that we see each other's predictions, it's that we see your name. But, considering I've given out TAT business cards with my full name and cell phone number to random people, privacy is obviously not a concern for me, so I'm in

Can we enter the pool after we already made the predictions?

--cj--
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
As a board hopper, i know from another site that if you create a private pool, you have to enter your picks all over again. which is not terribly bad, and gives you time to second guess yourself (again?). if someone figures out how to move my picks over then i'm on board.

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh I got it. Time to change my name on my account to Princess Consuela Bananahammock, then. Haha, seriously, I don't mind.

dryrunguy
05-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks, M8!

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
As a board hopper, i know from another site that if you create a private pool, you have to enter your picks all over again. which is not terribly bad, and gives you time to second guess yourself (again?). if someone figures out how to move my picks over then i'm on board.

Ooooh... I wonder how many of us have already made picks. It is quite the process, though I've been filling them out manually for both draws for the last six years. It's one of the few real joys I have left. Haha.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I checked out the Pool setup, and really, it's probably not worth it between people having to repost their picks and the administration stuff. I think we'd need all participants' e-mail addresses, etc.

Maybe it's easier to just do it as we usually do and track the TAT rankings here and then prepare to have a "private pool" for Wimbledon?

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:52 AM
D'accord. Works for me.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
MY WII is in the mail!!!! Just got a FedEx notification from TTC. Sorry, carry on

:rockon:

GVGirl
05-25-2007, 11:12 AM
MY WII is in the mail!!!! Just got a FedEx notification from TTC. Sorry, carry on

About time! Was it the Miami or Indian Wells contest that you won?

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 11:17 AM
About time! Was it the Miami or Indian Wells contest that you won?

Miami

nelslus
05-25-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm in as nelslus, both draws. I iz SUCH a rebel. :gorgeous:

All I can say is, I feel like both of my draws are just an unholy mess. I did them as I did the last Tennis Channel contest I was in- just made picks as quick as I could. YEEK, not sure I like my results. May have to go in and change them up....obsessively.....

In any case, TAT's Suicide Pools are JUST so less complicated for me.

Jay
05-25-2007, 11:24 AM

I guess acting crazy and threatening self-injury worked!
:woot:

dryrunguy
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
How are you guys filling out draws without the qualifiers? Isn't that a little risky?

I'm sure I'd forget to to back and make any changes.

Dry

oploskoffie
05-25-2007, 11:40 AM
How are you guys filling out draws without the qualifiers? Isn't that a little risky?

I'm sure I'd forget to to back and make any changes.

Dry

We're just hardcore players like that :cool:

*waits for sunday evening to fill out the draws :D

dryrunguy
05-25-2007, 11:42 AM
We're just hardcore players like that :cool:

*waits for sunday evening to fill out the draws :D

Hey, I love daring people! I just ain't one of 'em! :p

Dry

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Someone needs to beat my faith in Andreev out of me. Somehow I ended up with him in the semis. Which obviously means he'll lose to Roddick

Snidely
05-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm in there on the men's side as Snidely (couldn't really be anything else). I am going to be incommunicado for the second half of the FO, so I am hoping my TTC picks turn out ok. May have to pre-submit some FOSP picks though...

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Someone needs to beat my faith in Andreev out of me. Somehow I ended up with him in the semis. Which obviously means he'll lose to Roddick

Without meaning to at all, I ended up following Wertheim's Chela-in-the-semis prediction. I don't like it.

I also have Andreev beating Roddick, then losing to Mathieu in the third round, who gets to the quarters himself before falling to Djokovic. :-P

In other words, when Andreev and Mathieu lose first round, I'm going to have a whole quarter of the draw completely decimated.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Without meaning to at all, I ended up following Wertheim's Chela-in-the-semis prediction. I don't like it.

I also have Andreev beating Roddick, then losing to Mathieu in the third round, who gets to the quarters himself before falling to Djokovic. :-P

In other words, when Andreev and Mathieu lose first round, I'm going to have a whole quarter of the draw completely decimated.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure about my Ferrer-Andreev and Moya-Nadal quarters. I might have that whole half (except Nadal) decimated on day 1, 2, or 3.

But hey, I should be safe with Volandri as another quarterfinalist, right?

I have Chela going down to Monfils, but I'd be delighted if he just did me right and lost to Santoro right out of the gate

dryrunguy
05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't studied the draw all that closely yet, but off the top of my head, between the men's and women's draws, there are roughly four quarters that are completely up in the air... Any one of about 6 or 7 men and women have a legitimate shot to make the semis. Very scary.

Dry

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'm not quite sure about my Ferrer-Andreev and Moya-Nadal quarters. I might have that whole half (except Nadal) decimated on day 1, 2, or 3.

But hey, I should be safe with Volandri as another quarterfinalist, right?

I have Chela going down to Monfils, but I'd be delighted if he just did me right and lost to Santoro right out of the gate

I also have a Moya/Nadal quarterfinal. And even though my draw would be terrible, I wouldn't for a second mind Fabrice winning his opening match.

shtexas
05-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Apparently I have an account over there. I don't remember entering before. My handle is the same as here. I'll give it a go tomorrow.

mysterX
05-25-2007, 08:59 PM
TATmysterX is in and ready to win. I had done the Aussie Racquet Bracket under a different name, but created my TAT name with a different email address. Good luck everybody

aedra1119
05-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I haven't studied the draw all that closely yet, but off the top of my head, between the men's and women's draws, there are roughly four quarters that are completely up in the air... Any one of about 6 or 7 men and women have a legitimate shot to make the semis. Very scary.

Dry

Yup. There are infinite possibilities. Luck is probably the only way anyone is going to do well in this FO. :p

nelslus
05-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Here are just SOME of the occurrences that nelslus is counting on- and nelslus prefaces all of this by saying, he knows that he is on REAL shaky ground here:

*Savarova beating Amelie and Peer beating Kuz two Slams in a row.
*Ai and James winning a couple of clay matches. :hyst:
*Andy losing in the first round.
*a Chakvetadze/Ivanovic SF, with Ivanovic in the French final. (Look, those incriminating photos that Moose sent me of four TAT leaders were worth this pick.)
*that mental giant Patty beting Maria.
*the hobbling Petrova and Vaidisova getting to each other in the draw, with Nadia winning.
*a 3R Bammer/Li match. With nelslus going back and forth with who's gonna win this, assuming they get there. (Na Li for now.)
*Davydenko in the SF. :hyst: :hyst:
*Gonzo beting Canas.
*a 4R Baghdatis/Mathieu match, with Mathieu winning. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

With these brilliant choices, nelslus is not fretting over who to pick, Qualifier B or Z.

Note that these miracle choices of nelslus' will only occur if nelslus does some more any-second-now editing. (Leave 'em be, and Monfils and Pin-Head win the French.)

Let nelslus know when the Tennis Channel Loser's Lounge opens up. :sick:

Moose
05-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I just completed my Racquet Brcket.

you can join me in advance congratulations to your 2007 French Open Ladies Champion....Ana Ivanovic

Moose
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Here are just SOME of the occurrences that nelslus is counting on- and nelslus prefaces all of this by saying, he knows that he is on REAL shaky ground here:

*Savarova beating Amelie and Peer beating Kuz two Slams in a row.
*Ai and James winning a couple of clay matches. :hyst:
*Andy losing in the first round.
*a Chakvetadze/Ivanovic SF, with Ivanovic in the French final. (Look, those incriminating photos that Moose sent me of four TAT leaders were worth this pick.)
*that mental giant Patty beting Maria.
*the hobbling Petrova and Vaidisova getting to each other in the draw, with Nadia winning.
*a 3R Bammer/Li match. With nelslus going back and forth with who's gonna win this, assuming they get there. (Na Li for now.)
*Davydenko in the SF. :hyst: :hyst:
*Gonzo beting Canas.
*a 4R Baghdatis/Mathieu match, with Mathieu winning. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

With these brilliant choices, nelslus is not fretting over who to pick, Qualifier B or Z.

Note that these miracle choices of nelslus' will only occur if nelslus does some more any-second-now editing. (Leave 'em be, and Monfils and Pin-Head win the French.)

Let nelslus know when the Tennis Channel Loser's Lounge opens up. :sick:

shhhh, Nelslus.

Can you guess which one is which? Hint...the one eyeing up the Empire State Building wth an amourous leer is female.

and the Loser's Lounge is officially open. And Helen Reddy's Delta Dawn is playing on the Jukebox From Hell.

nelslus
05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I just completed my Racquet Brcket.

you can join me in advance congratulations to your 2007 French Open Ladies Champion....Ana Ivanovic

OK, OK, you drive a hard bargain, get me those photos of mmmm8 and Tatiana getting the giggles while applying makeup to each other's faces, and Ana becomes nelslus' French Open winner.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 09:52 PM
OK, OK, you drive a hard bargain, get me those photos of mmmm8 and Tatiana getting the giggles while applying makeup to each other's faces, and Ana becomes nelslus' French Open winner.

Umm...that wasn't make up. Just some good old poison ivy. what, you thought she really withdrew because of an ankle injury?

Danielle
05-25-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm in...still Federer1st cuz they wouldn't let me change to a TAT name unless I used a different email and...well...I'm just too lazy to do that. ;)

I have Andreev going far too, no idea why...guess cuz I figure my bracket is going to end up looking like a bright red/orange clay court no matter what so I just figured I'd have fun with the draw. 'Spose that first prize of dinner out didn't make me feel like working all that hard either. :cheesy:

nelslus
05-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Umm...that wasn't make up. Just some good old poison ivy. what, you thought she really withdrew because of an ankle injury? :hyst:

SO, ya BOUGHT her story when Tati told ya the reason she was itchin' down there was poison ivy.....

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 09:58 PM
:hyst:

SO, ya BOUGHT her story when Tati told ya the reason she was itchin' down there was poison ivy.....

Yeah... we aren't that close. I'm sure Moose bought it. I mean, she has such a "great personality"

(I feel bad making fun of an injured person. i think I'm losing my touch (I was going to say, "I'm getting soft" but I know you too well)

nelslus
05-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah... we aren't that close. I'm sure Moose bought it. I mean, she has such a "great personality"

(I feel bad making fun of an injured person. i think I'm losing my touch (I was going to say, "I'm getting soft" but I know you too well)

.....the hell bus ALWAYS has room for one more.....

Moose
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm in...still Federer1st cuz they wouldn't let me change to a TAT name unless I used a different email and...well...I'm just too lazy to do that. ;)

I have Andreev going far too, no idea why...guess cuz I figure my bracket is going to end up looking like a bright red/orange clay court no matter what so I just figured I'd have fun with the draw. 'Spose that first prize of dinner out didn't make me feel like working all that hard either. :cheesy:

its okay Danielle. When Ana Ivanovic wins the prize for me, you can be one of my dinner guests.

This will be like one of those questions they ask you "who would you invite, living or dead, to dinner? I'll have Thomas Jefferson, Billie Holiday, Michael Chabon, Kate Winslet and Danielle.

Moose
05-25-2007, 10:02 PM

I was expecting a Craftmatic Bed joke, M8...you are going soft.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:04 PM
its okay Danielle. When Ana Ivanovic wins the prize for me, you can be one of my dinner guests.

This will be like one of those questions they ask you "who would you invite, living or dead, to dinner? I'll have Thomas Jefferson, Billie Holiday, Michael Chabon, Kate Winslet and Danielle.

Can I pleeeease take Tom's place, or do you plan to try and get the TJ Memorial into the limo?

It's really interesting. You get $200 for a limo ride and $200 for dinner, but it doesn't feel as appealing as a tangible prize, no?

Moose
05-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Can I pleeeease take Tom's place, or do you plan to try and get the TJ Memorial into the limo?

It's really interesting. You get $200 for a limo ride and $200 for dinner, but it doesn't feel as appealing as a tangible prize, no?

Since its the French, they should have given away a Wii Wii

jjnow
05-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I think it's stupid.

jj

Danielle
05-25-2007, 10:11 PM

Aww, thanks - you're on! :cheesy:

Moose
05-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Aww, thanks - you're on! :cheesy:

no problem. But watch out for Kate. She steals everyone's dinner rolls.

Danielle
05-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Now we got a party goin'!

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:16 PM

you're silly!

Jay
05-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I think it's stupid.

jj

And, here, I thought I was the only one! lol.

Yeah, I think it's stupid too.

Danielle
05-25-2007, 10:18 PM

She's a wily one, that Winslet.

Jay
05-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Personally, I think I would rather get 2nd place than first in this contest.
I would rather have a Wilson Tennis Racket than a dinner at a French restaurant.
Something tangible.

jjnow
05-25-2007, 10:20 PM
And then she complains when they airbrush her!

jj

aedra1119
05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Personally, I think I would rather get 2nd place than first in this contest.
I would rather have a Wilson Tennis Racket than a dinner at a French restaurant.
Something tangible.

Me too! A dinner for winning a GS contest?! :rolleyes: Especially when they gave a Wii for a master's series event.

(Glad you're getting your Wii, m8!)

Danielle
05-25-2007, 10:23 PM

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Me too! A dinner for winning a GS contest?! :rolleyes: Especially when they gave a Wii for a master's series event.

But, see, the value is actually higher for the dinner. Weird, huh?

I too think the dinner idea's stupid, though.

Jay
05-25-2007, 10:27 PM

Yeah, the prize is lame. lame lame lame lame.

aedra1119
05-25-2007, 10:36 PM
But, see, the value is actually higher for the dinner. Weird, huh?

I too think the dinner idea's stupid, though.

Hmmm...I guess the dinner is a better "value," but it's over in one night. A Wii would last a long time. Eh, whatever. It's not like I'm going to be winning anything. :p Still have to make my team...

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 10:40 PM
And then she complains when they airbrush her!

jj

And that's bad? I can seriously rally behind someone who's proud of their appearance and doesn't more closely resemble a five-foot painted toothpick than an actual human being.

Also, to actually stay on topic, if I had to choose, I'd rather win second place. After visiting France, I'm not sure that any French restaurant anywhere near me would be anywhere near as good.

mmmm8
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
And that's bad? I can seriously rally behind someone who's proud of their appearance and doesn't more closely resemble a five-foot painted toothpick than an actual human being.

I think JJ was joking :)

Kate Winslet is quite admirable.

evil_juju
05-25-2007, 11:22 PM
ok soo my team name is

monkeyman

i forgot i already used this last time so i'm stuck bleh...:sick:

also im waiting to pick to the very last minute

xoxo
good luck and fun to everyone!!!

Charlie02123
05-25-2007, 11:25 PM
"TATCharlie" is in. I ended up with Chela in the semis, too. I put Mauresmo in the semis, for some reason, and I picked Kuznetsova as the winner. I figure I'm not good enough at all the first/second round picks that I need to pick a crazy outcome for a chance at winning.

winston
05-26-2007, 09:11 AM
There ARE no French restaurants in the middle of Montana.:ponder:

one_shot07
05-26-2007, 10:30 AM
So I just registered... this one was pretty tricky. On the men's side, I ended up w/ my QF matchups as follows: Federer/Robredo, Almagro/Canas, Ferrer/Mathieu, Kohlschreiber/Nadal... I have Fed, Canas, Ferrer, & Nadal all in the semis w/ a Fed/Nadal final and Nadal winning

The women's side was a little tougher and I think I played more w/ my heart than my head... my QF's are: Justine/Serena, Jankovic/Vaidisova, Ivanovic/Kuzzy, Chaks/A-Bond, I have Serena, Vaidisova, Ivanovic, and Chaks in the semis w/ a Serena/Ana final and Serena winning it... I went out on a little bit of a limb so we'll see

Moose
05-26-2007, 10:33 AM

Also, to actually stay on topic, if I had to choose, I'd rather win second place. After visiting France, I'm not sure that any French restaurant anywhere near me would be anywhere near as good.

She complained because they airbrushed her to look thinner. She said is was wrong, and that she was incredibly proud of her figure.

think we all have a love affair with Kate here at TAT, BJ. She's one of few people we've discussed that no one had a bad word to share about...both in acting, and appearance. Quite honestly, I think she is gorgeous.

Jack
05-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm in, with the all-time inventive screen name of "Jack".

I generally played it safe, but with Acasuso in the QF, I figure that's my protest against the sucky 1st place prize. French dinner? They'll probably chuck a hard-as-a-brick stale croissant at my head.

Jtdrum10
05-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm in as Jtdrum10, I would also have to prefer the racquet over the dinner.

winston
05-26-2007, 02:22 PM
:freekingout: :freekingout: :freekingout:
Okay, I'm finally registered as TATerwinston.

They did have me registered under my hold handle of TATWinston. Used that for Monte Carlo. And I logged in under that name okay. But when I entered my brackets, nothing happened. No acknowledgement, no ID number, no nothing. So I went looking for myself in the standings list -- and guess what -- all those entries are off in cyberspace somewhere.

So I started from scratch with a different email account and a new name and I'm finally okay. I'm loathe to set foot in the Loser's Lounge before play even begins, but I could sure use a White Russian about now.

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it...

I'm registered as TATdryrunguy. Duh! LOL!

Dry

Jay
05-26-2007, 02:36 PM
When I win this contest, i'm going to sing "This is my now" (the song Jordin Sparks sang on American Idol), record it, then put it on here so you all can listen to it.
And then I will laugh in your FACES!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Bring it on losers people!! *twitches crazily*

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 02:41 PM
When I win this contest, i'm going to sing "This is my now" (the song Jordin Sparks sang on American Idol), record it, then put it on here so you all can listen to it.
And then I will laugh in your FACES!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Bring it on losers people!! *twitches crazily*

I wish I could get so excited about it Jessie... But somehow I ended up with Ferrer, Gonzalez, Kuznetsova and Schnyder as semifinalists... And Jankovic to win.

What a waste of time. LOL!

Dry

Jay
05-26-2007, 02:43 PM
I wish I could get so excited about it Jessie... But somehow I ended up with Ferrer, Gonzalez, Kuznetsova and Schnyder as semifinalists... And Jankovic to win.

Dry

I didn't write that.

I'm not excited about it either...I haven't even made my picks yet for fear that I might pick the wrong people to win.

I don't know who wrote that. Some random crazy person me thinks ;)

I think i'm going with Justine with the win..over Kuznetsova

shtexas
05-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I made my picks. When I ended up with players like Monaco and Grosjean in the quarters, I knew I was in trouble.

I also wish they would put the qualifiers names in. I advanced a few.

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
I didn't write that.

I'm not excited about it either...I haven't even made my picks yet for fear that I might pick the wrong people to win.

I don't know who wrote that. Some random crazy person me thinks ;)

I think i'm going with Justine with the win..over Kuznetsova

Then I have hope! Except that I have Jankovic beating Kuzy. Kuzy's on my PeterSkan team as well... Alleged bad left arm and all. :rolleyes:

Dry

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I made my picks. When I ended up with players like Monaco and Grosjean in the quarters, I knew I was in trouble.

I also wish they would put the qualifiers names in. I advanced a few.

I think I have Bodan Ulihrach making the R16 and Akgul Amanmuradova making the third round. Oh wait, and then there's Dr. Ivo getting to the later rounds as well. :yikey:

Dry

aedra1119
05-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Alright, I'm in as TATaedra1119.

I was trying to have some outrageous picks, and somehow ended up with Grosjean in the QFs and Ferrer and Almagro in the SFs. I also have Alona Bondarenko in the SFs! What was I thinking? Ahhhh!

*might chicken out and change some of my pics*

btw...how serious is Jelena's gastrointestinal illness? I have her in the semis, but I might change if it's serious.

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Alright, I'm in as TATaedra1119.

I was trying to have some outrageous picks, and somehow ended up with Grosjean in the QFs and Ferrer and Almagro in the SFs. I also have Alona Bondarenko in the SFs! What was I thinking? Ahhhh!

*might chicken out and change some of my pics*

btw...how serious is Jelena's gastrointestinal illness? I have her in the semis, but I might change if it's serious.

Popular opinion is that Jankovic's gastrointestinal illness is virtually nonexistent. ;) After winning Rome, she (basically) announced that she would only play a few matches in Strasbourg. Which is exactly what she did.

Dry

Jay
05-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Ok..so I'm creating a private pool...anyone want to join or what?

tell me so I can know and then finish creating it.

I need to know before the start of play.

I don't know if the admin of the pool is allowed to see other's personal info like jj said, but, then again, I probably missed it when I accidently created my pool.

mrjiggyfly2
05-26-2007, 03:29 PM
All I can say is that when this tournament is over, after I've embarrassed myself again, I'll be referred to as "Disgraced Tennis Predictor Mrjiggyfly" sort of like "Disgraced Lobbyist Jack Abramoff"

nelslus
05-26-2007, 04:07 PM
ugh, well, I've switched a few folks up....but, damn it, someone PLEASE talk me out of Davydenko in the SF.....although that would leave me with Gonzo......:sick:

Moose
05-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I think I have Bodan Ulihrach making the R16 and Akgul Amanmuradova making the third round. Oh wait, and then there's Dr. Ivo getting to the later rounds as well. :yikey:

Dry

I think Akgul and Dr. Ivo are actually the same person.

Doubt me...then answer this. Have YOU ever seen both of them in the same room at the same time?

EXACTLY.

And I bet they NEVER play mixed doubles as a team.

nelslus
05-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok..so I'm creating a private pool...anyone want to join or what?

tell me so I can know and then finish creating it.

I need to know before the start of play.

I don't know if the admin of the pool is allowed to see other's personal info like jj said, but, then again, I probably missed it when I accidently created my pool.

Jessie: Feel free to include me in Das Pool.

oploskoffie
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Count me in, Jessie :) You know which nick to look for ;)

Jtdrum10
05-26-2007, 04:30 PM
absolutely

catz33
05-26-2007, 04:33 PM
$200 may cover the first bottle of wine!!! lol

Jay
05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
anywho..

If you want to join my pool, here is the link:
Submit your picks here: http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketFrenchOpenWTA/Jessie1811/default.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Invite.

Jay
05-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I only made a wta pool. I'm gonna make an atp pool right now...again
If you want to join the pool..you have to submit your picks at http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketFrenchOpenWTA/Jessie1811/default.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Invite

Jay
05-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Created one for the ATP
here it is:

and by the way, i made it to where you can't see people's personal info like their names..

so feel free to join! :)

ATP pool: Submit your picks here: http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketFrenchOpenATP/Jessie1812/default.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=MassInvite.

Jay
05-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Bump

read it y'all ;)

Martini4me
05-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm entered. Wasn't too happy about having to choose between Qualifier I and Qualifier H, though. Does registering for the private pool exclude us from the main competition?

Jay
05-26-2007, 07:42 PM
IDoes registering for the private pool exclude us from the main competition?

Koffie knows who both H and I are..and he said to pick H..so i did.
If i were you, i'd go back and change it. Koffie knows his stuff when it comes to qualifiers and lower-ranked players ;)

anywho..onto your question. The answer is no. you don't get excluded from the main competition. you can join both. you don't win anything in the private pool, but you still are able to win something in the main pool (if you enter it)

Martini4me
05-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I just printed the draw from the official French Open site, so I'll go back and check for any sleepers among the I's and H's. I guess I didn't ask me question correctly, but you did answer it. That is, entering the private pool does NOT enter me into the main pool. Not sure I really want to go through all that clicking again, but ....

beaujarkko
05-26-2007, 08:22 PM
She complained because they airbrushed her to look thinner. She said is was wrong, and that she was incredibly proud of her figure.

think we all have a love affair with Kate here at TAT, BJ. She's one of few people we've discussed that no one had a bad word to share about...both in acting, and appearance. Quite honestly, I think she is gorgeous.

Right, I remember the incident. I was just taken aback by what I thought were a couple of negative-ish comments about it when I kinda thought my fellow TaT friends actually did feel the same way I did. In any case, glad to know I was wrong to have assumed otherwise. Okay, that sounds totally convoluted. Basically, all is well, and I misinterpreted. Onward and upward (in a VERY honest attempt NOT to make this the Kate Winslet thread... how on Earth did we get here??)...

Jessie, I am in your pool for both the ATP and WTA pools. And my draws are hysterical. Feel free to peruse them at your leisure. Haha.

Moose
05-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Jessie:

Do we have to fill out our picks again to get in your pool? I allready have mine posted there.

beaujarkko
05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Moose, I really think so. I believe someone else mentioned earlier that you had to fill out separate draws to be in a pool, and I couldn't find any way to "transfer" my picks. Ugh. It was a pain, but I filled both draws out twice, haha. May I suggest printing out your draw then choosing your picks for the pool? It worked pretty well for me. albeit a tedious venture.

Moose
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Moose, I really think so. I believe someone else mentioned earlier that you had to fill out separate draws to be in a pool, and I couldn't find any way to "transfer" my picks. Ugh. It was a pain, but I filled both draws out twice, haha. May I suggest printing out your draw then choosing your picks for the pool? It worked pretty well for me. albeit a tedious venture.

Thanks, BJ!

I'm starting to put together the listings of picks so far in the SP (I try to get it done in batches), so I'll have to tryto make time to fill out the Bracket again

Jay
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
lol sorry for the late response, but yes..you do have to fill out seperate draws for both the Private pool and the main one.

aedra1119
05-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Popular opinion is that Jankovic's gastrointestinal illness is virtually nonexistent. ;) After winning Rome, she (basically) announced that she would only play a few matches in Strasbourg. Which is exactly what she did.

Dry

Ah. One of those 24 hour "I was practically on my death bed, but I made a miraculous recovery!" bugs. Gotcha. ;)

dryrunguy
05-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Ah. One of those 24 hour "I was practically on my death bed, but I made a miraculous recovery!" bugs. Gotcha. ;)

Yeah... Something like that. ;)

BTW, everyone, after laboring over the ATP bracket for about 2 hours (hey, not all of us are all that bright or well informed), my picks didn't get in on the first try, either. I ended up moving on to the women's picks and then trying re-create the ATP picks. Somehow I think I still ended up with Gonzo and Ferrer in the semis.

My congratulations to the winner! Which will NOT be me.

Dry

--cj--
05-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I went back and looked at my WTA picks because they are doing pretty well. I had to laugh. How did Shahar Peer make it into my final?? Hmmm... it all made perfect sense at the time. At least I didn't pick Petrova to go all the way. :rolleyes:

Jay
05-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I'll update the ranking list once ALL of the 1st round matches are done.

in a few minutes i'm going to try and see who and who is in..a lot of people said they were in but didn't say their screen names.

I'll labor around a bit and try and find some..and then i'll make a list...and then y'all will have to tell me if it's all the people or not.

Okay, just to be sure, i'm going to repeat myself. I'll update the rankings after ALL of the 1st round matches are done.

kk guys?

ok...here i go..i'm gonna go try and find all of the names *does the sign of the cross*

aedra1119
05-29-2007, 05:56 PM
ok...here i go..i'm gonna go try and find all of the names *does the sign of the cross*

LOL! Don't hurt yourself now, Jessie. ;)

Moose
05-29-2007, 06:12 PM
I'll update the ranking list once ALL of the 1st round matches are done.

in a few minutes i'm going to try and see who and who is in..a lot of people said they were in but didn't say their screen names.

I'll labor around a bit and try and find some..and then i'll make a list...and then y'all will have to tell me if it's all the people or not.

Okay, just to be sure, i'm going to repeat myself. I'll update the rankings after ALL of the 1st round matches are done.

kk guys?

Mine should be easy to find...its probably the only one that has Almagro in the semis :o

Jay
05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
ok..I have everyones names except for these people:
Nelslus
Danielle
One_Shot07
and Martini4me

Do you all have the same handle over at the TTC website as you do here?
I haven't looked (I was looking in this thread to find the names)

please tell me who you guys are over there so i can update the list after all of the 1st round matches are done.

Martini4me
05-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Nelslus
Danielle
One_Shot07
and Martini4me

please tell me who you guys are over there so i can update the list after all of the 1st round matches are done.

Yes, I'm also Martini4me there.

mmmm8
05-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Nelslus
Danielle
One_Shot07
and Martini4me

Danielle - Federer1st
One_shot - TATOne_shot07 (http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketfrenchopenWTA/frenchopenWTA/Pool/EntryPicks.aspx?EntryId=20607)
Nelslus - nelslus

Jay
05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Danielle - Federer1st
One_shot - TATOne_shot07 (http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketfrenchopenWTA/frenchopenWTA/Pool/EntryPicks.aspx?EntryId=20607)
Nelslus - nelslus

Thank you :)

and thanx Martini..now i have all the names :)

Jay
05-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok..so here are the names..ya'll do tell me if I'm missing anyone.

TATcatz
Mrjiggyfly2
TATScotty
One_Shot07
Martini4me
Federer1st
Nelslus
TATjjnow
TATgvgirl
TATmoose
Monkeyman (Evil_Juju)
Jsd12378956
TATBeau
TATdryrunguy
Curtj
Mr. Koffie
TATmmmm8
Snidely
Shtexas
TATmysterx
TATcharlie
Jack
jtdrum10
TATerWinston
TATaedra119

one_shot07
05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Jessie...I'm missing from that list lol

catz33
05-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm MIA

mrjiggyfly2
05-29-2007, 09:02 PM
jessie,

how bout your old pal mrjiggyfly2?? :woohoo:

Jay
05-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Jessie...I'm missing from that list lol
Oops! sorry! but i do have you down, so don't worry!
:) I'll add you to the list in that post right now

I'm MIA
Oops..
what's your screenname over there?
MIA?
Catz?
Catz33?

jessie,

how bout your old pal mrjiggyfly2?? :woohoo:

Ooops...i accidently left you off too! i'll add you to the list..

your screen name over there is "Mrjiggyfly2"??
or just Mrjiggyfly?

mrjiggyfly2
05-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Oops..
MIA?
Catz?
Catz33?

or just Mrjiggyfly?

mrjiggyfly2

Scotty
05-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I didn't join the separate pool, but still thought you would have found TATScotty.

Not that my scores are going to be impressive or anything.
S

Jay
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I didn't join the separate pool, but still thought you would have found TATScotty.

Not that my scores are going to be impressive or anything.
S
haha. Well, i only searched in this thread for people's names over there.
I didn't go to the TTC website to look....but i'll add you to the list. ;)

mrjiggyfly2

oh ok..gotcha..now you're added. ;)

Jack
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm MIA

After looking at my scores, I wish I was MIA. Embarrassing!:freekingout:

Then again, when do i get to say I'm top 81% at something?

Danielle
05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Danielle - Federer1st
Nelslus - nelslus

Thanks m8. :)

And thanks Jessie for keeping track! (even though I'm very afraid to see my score at this point)

catz33
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM

Oops..
MIA?
Catz?
Catz33?

or just Mrjiggyfly?

Tatcatz

Jay
05-29-2007, 10:06 PM
ok You've been added to the list, catz.
btw..I like your avatar..cute cat.
you always have the best avatars.
anyhoot...

..just for fun, i'm going to post the Private pool standings right now. I'll do the regular pool after the 1st round and 2nd round play is done tomorrow.

ATP PRIVATE pool standings:

Rank|Player/Name|Points total
1|Martini4me|32
2|Jessie181|30
2|Nelslus|30
4|Moose|28
5|BeauJarkko|24

WTA PRIVATE pool standings:

Rank|Player|Points Total
1|BeauJarkko|22
1|Evil_Juju|22
3|Jessie181|21
3|Moose|21
3|Martini4me|21
6|Nelslus|20
7|Mrjiggyfly|18
8|Jtdrum10|17

btw..I had to copy someone else's table..i can't find any button to make a table.

Anyone know how i can make a table without having to copy someone else's??

catz33
05-29-2007, 10:24 PM
ok You've been added to the list, catz.
btw..I like your avatar..cute cat.
you always have the best avatars.
anyhoot...

..just for fun, i'm going to post the Private pool standings right now. I'll do the regular pool after the 1st round and 2nd round play is done tomorrow.

ATP PRIVATE pool standings:

1|Martini4me|32
2|Jessie181|30
2|Nelslus|30
4|Moose|28
5|BeauJarkko|24

WTA PRIVATE pool standings:

Rank|Player|Points Total
1|BeauJarkko|22
1|Evil_Juju|22
3|Jessie181|21
3|Moose|21
3|Martini4me|21
6|Nelslus|20
7|Mrjiggyfly|18
8|Jtdrum10|17

btw..I had to copy someone else's table..i can't find any button to make a table.

Anyone know how i can make a table without having to copy someone else's??

Thanks Jessie!!

Yesterday HJ asked for a pic of the General. Well, there he is.

beaujarkko
05-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Excellent. Several points behind (already) in one draw, leading the pack in the other. I'm nothing if not consistently inconsistent.

mmmm8
05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Mr. J (#1!) and aedra are rocking the men's!

Martini4me
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Nice picking, guys. Several more TAT-ers on the first page (top 50). I'm tied for 51st, but unfortunately down 4 of my final 16 already, including both sides of one match (Blake-Berdych).

aedra1119
05-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Mr. J (#1!) and aedra are rocking the men's!

Oh my gosh! I had to see what you were talking about, m8!

Mr. J! You're in first place!

I'm in third! :shocked:

I'll enjoy this while I can because it is going to be very short-lived. I was one of smart ones that had Grosjean in the quarters and one of the geniuses that had Almagro in the semis. :rolleyes:

nelslus
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
With the way I'm going with the Racquet Brackets, I think I'll end up having to mail the Tennis Channel a T-shirt.

catz33
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
With the way I'm going with the Racquet Brackets, I think I'll end up having to mail the Tennis Channel a T-shirt.

lmao. I'll add the visor!!!!

nelslus
05-30-2007, 09:39 PM
lmao. I'll add the visor!!!!

But let's draw the line at buying The Tennis Channel a free dinner at its favorite French restaurant. (Plus, the Tennis Channel might feel obligated to take Damir Dokic and Nancy Grace as its guests. And we all KNOW how messy those costume changes can be for Damir/Nancy in that tiny little French restaurant's washroom. Plus- that awkward choice- women's or men's room?)

Jay
05-30-2007, 11:03 PM
OK..here are the standings after the matches today...

ATP pool standings:

1|Mrjiggyfly|64
3|Aedra119|63
15|Dryrunguy|60
15|Charlie|60
31|Catz33|59
51|Martini4me|58
51|Nelslus|58
51|Moose|58
51|Shtexas|58
51|mmmm8|58
89|Gvgirl|57
139|JJnow|56
207|Winston|55
283|Oploskoffie|54
395|Scotty|53
395|One_Shot07|53
395|Mysterx|53
507|Jack|53
660|Danielle|51
660|Curtj|51
660|Jsd123789456|51
660|BeauJarkko|51
835|Jessie181|50
835|jtdrum10|50
835|wycombe7|50
1087|Snidely|48
0|Evil_Juju|0

WTA pool standings:

Rank|Player|Points Total
24|One_Shot07|64
138|jjnow|61
138|Curtj|61
214|mmmm8|60
300|Jsd123789456|59
390|Aedra119|58
390|Nelslus|58
390|BeauJarkko|58
498|Moose|57
498|Dryrunguy|57
498|Oploskoffie|57
498|Jack|57
609|Jessie181|56
609|Charlie|56
686|Winston|55
760|Catz33|54
760|Jtdrum|54
848|Mysterx|52
881|Wycombe7|51
900|Shtexas|50
918|Gvgirl|49
929|Mrjiggyfly|48
940|Martini4me|47
940|Danielle|47
498|Evil_juju|47
963|Scotty|42
0|Snidely|0

I couldn't find Snidely on the TTC racket bracket's wta pool, and I couldn't find Evil_Juju in the atp pool..so I'm assuming both of them decided to choose to not to enter in the other pools...

Charlie02123
05-30-2007, 11:20 PM
TAT is doing well, once again. Did anyone see that one of the people tied for first on the women's side pick Sharapova as the winner? I had to pause for a moment and :hyst:

one_shot07
05-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Holla... I'm the best TATer on the women's side... I'm so excited! lol

oploskoffie
05-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Thx for the tables, Jessie :) And DANG you guys are doing well on the men's side :shocked: as is One_Shot! Compliments!

Jay
05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Bump.

The standings are a few posts up.
I'll do another update after tomorrow's matches.

GVGirl
05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Mr. Jiggy..cool you are #1.

dryrunguy
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Well done, Jiggy! Keep it up!

I'm hoping I end up kicking your ass.

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
05-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm actually in third place now guys. I don't think the table is updated. The one semimajor gaffe I made on the men's was that I had Kohlschreiber going three rounds when I knew that Hernandez was playing better tennis coming in. I hope that doesn't cost me.
My success is now strictly dependent on the performance of Igor Andreev.

Also, good news for me. On the women's side, I'm not in 929th place. I'm in 927th place.

mmmm8
05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm actually in third place now guys. I don't think the table is updated. The one semimajor gaffe I made on the men's was that I had Kohlschreiber going three rounds when I knew that Hernandez was playing better tennis coming in. I hope that doesn't cost me.

Me too!!!!

It's us against JJ and his silly double-named Frenchman!!!

Jay
05-31-2007, 10:45 PM

Also, good news for me. On the women's side, I'm not in 929th place. I'm in 927th place.

I updated the scores yesterday. So that's where the scores on the tables are from.
i'll update it again after the matches tomorrow.

and you were 929th. You're just probably 927th now.

Jay
06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Update 6/01/07

ATP Tennis Pool:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|Mrjiggyfly2|112
9|Charlie|104
9|Mysterx|104
14|mmmm8|103
22|Dryrunguy|101
61|Aedra119|98
83|Martini4me|97
83|Scotty|97
174|Catz33|94
174|Nelslus|94
174|Gvgirl|94
174|Oploskoffie|94
220|Shtexas|93
333|Jack|91
389|wycombe7|90
389|JJnow|90
466|Moose|89
466|Winston|89
607|Jsd123789456|87
688|Jessie181|86
688|Curtj|86
688|Snidely|86
826|One_Shot07|84
826|BeauJarkko|84
896|Danielle|83
1272|jtdrum10|76

WTA Tennis Pool
Rank|Player|Points Total
31|One_Shot07|113
121|Jack|109
121|Moose|109
121|JJnow|109
213|BeauJarkko|107
274|mmmm8|106
274|Dryrunguy|106
274|Oploskoffie|106
274|jtdrum10|106
352|Aedra119|105
352|Jsd123789456|105
422|Jessie181|104
422|Catz33|104
422|Curtj|104
422|Nelslus|104
548|wycombe7|102
548|Charlie|102
705|Martini4me|99
753|Winston|93
797|Mysterx|97
825|Gvgirl|96
852|Mrjiggyfly2|95
852|Evil_Juju|95
873|Shtexas|94
924|Danielle|90
956|Scotty|82

I just realized something..a lot of people in the private pool have different picks than in the regular pool,
so this makes it more interesting ;)

Private pool, ATP:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|martini4mel|99
2|Jessie181|94
3|Nelslus|90
4|Moose|89
5|BeauJarkko|85

Seems most of us made WAAAY better choices in the wta private pool than in the regular wta pool.
Private Pool, WTA:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|Evil_Jujul|112
2|BeauJarkko|107
2|Moose|107
4|Jessie181|105
5|Nelslus|104
5|jtdrum10|104
7|martini4me|99
8|mrjiggyfly2|96

mrjiggyfly2
06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Vamos Igor!!

Scotty
06-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I finally have something nice to say about my performance in a Roland Garros contest! Rising from 395th to 83rd (ATP) with a bullet!

Of course I'm in the dumpster on the WTA side, but that's to be expected.

S

Charlie02123
06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
We're kicking ass in the ATP. Four of the top 15. Go us!

Danielle
06-01-2007, 07:29 PM
:hyst: Oh my...I should just delete my entry entirely; it's just so sad.

But way to rock the top of the ATP charts folks - kudos to jiggy, Charlie, mysterX, m8 and dry! :overhead_clap:

mysterX
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
The top half of the draw was good for me. My only loss was Monfils to Nalby.

Tomorrow won't be so good though. I've already lost a quarterfinalist (Horna) plus I had Berdych winning another round or two. So my stay in the top 10 will probably be pretty brief. Good luck everybody. And thanks for keeping score Jessie.

aedra1119
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
But way to rock the top of the ATP charts folks - kudos to jiggy, Charlie, mysterX, m8 and dry! :overhead_clap:

I second that! You guys are kicking some serious bootay! :D

On the WTA side, keep it up one_shot! You're only a few points out of the lead!

Martini4me
06-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Update 6/01/07

I just realized something..a lot of people in the private pool have different picks than in the regular pool,
so this makes it more interesting ;)

Seems most of us made WAAAY better choices in the wta private pool than in the regular wta pool.

Actually, I thought I had copied over all my picks from the private pool to the Tennis Channel pool. I must have made on mistake in an ATP second round match, or else I'd be tied for 43rd in the big pool. But nice going to the many TAT-ers ahead of me!!

mmmm8
06-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Vamos Igor!!

If he does it, Mr. J, you're so going to a French restaurant of your choice.

Unfortunately, I have Gonzalez in the other semi

Charlie02123
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
The top half of the draw was good for me. My only loss was Monfils to Nalby.

Tomorrow won't be so good though. I've already lost a quarterfinalist (Horna) plus I had Berdych winning another round or two. So my stay in the top 10 will probably be pretty brief. Good luck everybody. And thanks for keeping score Jessie.

I'm afraid my stay will be brief as well. I have Chela in the semis. It's fun while it lasts, though!

Jack
06-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I picked 14 of the 16 4R players correctly. That's got to be worth something, no? Right now I'm 121 out of 947, so hopefully I can get into top 50...

nelslus
06-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I got 13/16 for the women. Still, I have a LONG way to go to move up.

mrjiggyfly2
06-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I expect to take a tumble very soon. After watching Nalbandian yesterday, it's going to be very tough for Davydenko

jjnow
06-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Eh to my ATP predictions.

WTA tour, I'm nothing without you.

jj

dryrunguy
06-02-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm probably the only one who has wacky Patty making the semis? Bwahahahahahaha! It is to laugh. But I think I am 15/16 at this point (maybe 14/16, at one point I had Dulko beating Sharapova, LOL!). On the men, Gonzo has already screwed things up for me, but no concern... I'll simply rest my laurels on the ever-reliable and dependable David Ferrer!

Dry

oploskoffie
06-02-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm probably the only one who has wacky Patty making the semis? Bwahahahahahaha! It is to laugh.

Dry

Here's another Patty believer ;)

jjnow
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Patty maniacs = Dry, Koffie, and Jon Wertheim.

I have Chaks beating her in my TTC bracket, but I'm picking Patty in the prediction contest, just for fun.

jj

dryrunguy
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Here's another Patty believer ;)

We can suffer together. She's right on schedule to get it done, though... She's nearly lost most of her matches. That's a great sign!

Dry

dryrunguy
06-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Patty maniacs = Dry, Koffie, and Jon Wertheim.

I have Chaks beating her in my TTC bracket, but I'm picking Patty in the prediction contest, just for fun.

jj

Forgot about the Wertheim prediction. That's good. If she doesn't come through, I can always blame the expert. ;)

Dry

mmmm8
06-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I got Patty in the semis too. But Maria's playing a lot better than I expected.

I think Jon doesn't believe anymore because he picked her today in the SP.

nelslus
06-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I also have Chaks taking out Patty in the QF- and I'm still not a Maria-on-clay believer.

Note that my man (AKA of course baby nelslus) has Patty going all the way to the finals. :shocked:

dryrunguy
06-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Sharapova has seriously complicated matters. She's been playing okay, the serve has been kind of okay, still problemmatic at times but not as bad as it was... And that quarter is just so soft. Who knows.

But Patty will show up for this match, I think... She usually does in this type of match.

Tough call.

Not at all crazy to suggest that Sharapova MIGHT make her first Roland Garros final... It would be just like her to pull out a result like that when everyone had counted her out going into the event. But it's really all about how well the serve holds up under pressure. The combined pressures of the serve and the surface COULD be too much. But she's a champion.

Dry

Jack
06-03-2007, 05:19 AM
:woohoo:

Up to 18th place in WTA racket bracket!!

I can win if all my picks are right the rest of the way... what are the chances that Schnyder and AMG pull the upsets today?

nelslus
06-03-2007, 06:16 AM
:woohoo:

Up to 18th place in WTA racket bracket!!

I can win if all my picks are right the rest of the way... what are the chances that Schnyder and AMG pull the upsets today?

SHOOT- I had been moving up, too. But, I put my eggs in the basket of a Peer upset. :cry:

Jack
06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Nice going Mr. jiggy - 1st place on the ATP Racket Bracket through Sunday's matches...
:notworthy:

mrjiggyfly2
06-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Nice going Mr. jiggy - 1st place on the ATP Racket Bracket through Sunday's matches...
:notworthy:

Thanks Jack! Wow I feel lucky that all of today's matches worked out for me. I could really use Verdasco to beat Jokovic and I definitely need Andreev to reach the semis. As Bill Parcells used to often say...."It's possible, not probable." :beer:

Jay
06-04-2007, 05:03 PM
UPDATE: 6/04/07

ATP Pool Standings 6/04/07:
Rank|Player|Points Total
3|Mrjiggyfly2|154
31|Charlie|144
62|Oploskoffie|141
105|mmmm8|138
135|Jessie181|136
135|Mysterx|136
155|Aedra119|135
180|Catz33|134
180|Scotty|134
180|Winston|134
259|Gvgirl|131
259|Martini4me|131
259|Nelslus|131
289|Snidely|130
329|Curtj|129
374|Dryrunguy|128
461|Moose|126
508|Jack|125
665|Shtexas|122
665|JJnow|122
703|BeauJarkko|121
777|Jsd123789456|119
777|wycombe7|119
825|Danielle|118
906|One_Shot07|116
1228|jtdrum10|108

WTA Pool Standings 6/04/07:
Rank|Player|Points Total
42|One_Shot07|166
74|Jsd123789456|164
95|Moose|163
95|JJnow|163
154|Jack|161
185|Jessie181|160
185|jtdrum10|160
325|Aedra119|156
325|Nelslus|156
357|Dryrunguy|155
357|Oploskoffie|155
499|Charlie|151
534|BeauJarkko|150
559|Mrjiggyfly2|149
585|Martini4me|148
624|Curtj|147
624|wycombe7|147
624|Winston|147
681|Shtexas|145
707|Gvgirl|144
742|Mysterx|143
768|mmmm8|142
787|Evil_Juju|141
830|Danielle|138
853|Scotty|136
889|Catz33|133

ATP Private Pool Standings:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|Jessie181|136
2|martini4me|133
3|Nelslus|127
4|Moose|126
5|BeauJarkko|122

WTA Private Pool Standings:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|Evil_Juju|169
2|jtdrum10|168
3|Moose|161
4|Jessie181|158
5|Nelslus|156
6|BeauJarkko|150
7|Martini4me|148
8|mrjiggyfly2|147

evil_juju
06-04-2007, 05:10 PM
THANK GOD catz,scotty, and danielle are doing worse than me!

:wiggle:

nelslus
06-04-2007, 05:13 PM

And the awful thing is, Scotty had to sleep his way to just not being put in last place. :shocked:

Scotty
06-04-2007, 07:26 PM

And the awful thing is, Scotty had to sleep his way to just not being put in last place. :shocked:

Someone remind me, just WHY I am going all the way to NY to meet these b*tches in person?

just kidding, it's all :spank1: done with love!
S

catz33
06-04-2007, 09:52 PM

lol, glad to be of service!!!:slap:

Danielle
06-04-2007, 10:06 PM

:hyst: Hey, if I could I'd just quit at this point and give you my points - they sure ain't gonna do me any good!

And I just picked Chaks in the SP. I must be a masochist.

Moose
06-05-2007, 07:01 AM
I have 3 of the 4 womens semi-finalists. Darn Sharapova...I thought she supposed to be injured, and a cow on ice on clay :(

craighickman
06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I have 3 of the 4 womens semi-finalists. Darn Sharapova...I thought she supposed to be injured, and a cow on ice on clay :(

This isn't meant as a dig to you, but maybe she studied at U of Kimmy about how to create doubt around her fitness before entering a Slam.

Moose
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
wasn't gonna say anything, but since its now published on their website.....

If Jelena and Ana get to the finals (BIG IF) and Ana wins, I win the womens RacquetBracket.

http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketFrenchOpenWTA/FrenchOpenWTA/Pool/WhatIfScenario.aspx?Scenario=5

mmmm8
06-05-2007, 11:01 AM

If Jelena and Ana get to the finals (BIG IF) and Ana wins, I win the womens RacquetBracket.

http://www.tourneytopia.com/RacquetBracketFrenchOpenWTA/FrenchOpenWTA/Pool/WhatIfScenario.aspx?Scenario=5

WOOHOO!

Kate Winslet should be gearing up for that dinner!

Moose
06-05-2007, 11:03 AM
WOOHOO!

Kate Winslet should be gearing up for that dinner!

yeah. I'm having my people contact her people (and Danielle) right now. And they've been told to let Kate's people know she gets 1 and only 1 dinner roll.

shtexas
06-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I have the right semifinalists, but I got too far behind at the start.

Moose
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
I have the right semifinalists, but I got too far behind at the start.

I'm still amazed that you nailed Sharapova, shtexas. Even 100% healthy, I don't think I would have put her into the semis on clay.

shtexas
06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm still amazed that you nailed Sharapova, shtexas. Even 100% healthy, I don't think I would have put her into the semis on clay.

It was this draw. Once I had her advancing past the first few rounds, I only saw Patty as an obstacle to the semis. And that was close.

I have a Justine/Ana final with Justine winning. I hope I'm wrong on some of that.

mmmm8
06-05-2007, 11:25 AM
It was this draw. Once I had her advancing past the first few rounds, I only saw Patty as an obstacle to the semis. And that was close.

I have a Justine/Ana final with Justine winning. I hope I'm wrong on some of that.

If it goes that way, and I think it's likely to, Moose is still in the top 10!

Danielle
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM

That is FANTASTIC!!! How cool if we could have a 2nd TATer in about as many months win. Will be crossing my fingers and toes for you - and, of course, working up my appetite! :cheesy:

Jack
06-05-2007, 06:17 PM

That is awesome!

My spot in 18th place seems so long ago... damn Schnyder. Now I think I'll finish higher on the ATP side...

Moose
06-07-2007, 10:11 AM
well, no escargot for me, and Kate, and Danielle. But I could still win a t-shirt if Ana takes the title on Saturday.

mmmm8
06-07-2007, 10:43 AM
well, no escargot for me, and Kate, and Danielle. But I could still win a t-shirt if Ana takes the title on Saturday.

:(

Sorry, Moose

Kate must be devastated

jjnow
06-07-2007, 10:45 AM
(If she wins) Be sure to tell them what size you want! They just sent me a large. Nice t-shirt, but baggy.

jj

Charlie02123
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Well, I'm 68 in the men's pool right now. If Fed wins, I'll end in the top 50. If he doesn't win... splat!

Moose
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
:(

Sorry, Moose

Kate must be devastated

Nothing to be sorry about. I took a big gamble. I had an outside chance. It didn't happen. But it was a blast the last two days having a shot at it.

Jay
06-09-2007, 11:11 PM
UPDATE: 6/09/07

ATP Pool Standings 6/09/07:
Rank|Player|Points Total
13|Mrjiggyfly2|224
60|Charlie|214
87|Nelslus|211
87|Oploskoffie|211
164|Jessie181|206
177|Jack|205
195|Mysterx|206
195|Winston|204
195|Scotty|204
237|Shtexas|202
268|Martini4me|201
268|Martini4me|201
268|Gvgirl|201
305|Curtj|199
337|mmmm8|198
382|Moose|196
412|Aedra119|195
533|BeauJarkko|191
583|Jsd123789456|189
610|Dryrunguy|188
771|JJnow|182
824|Snidely|180
876|Danielle|178
876|jtdrum10|178
936|One_Shot07|17
985|Catz33|169
1091|wycombe7|169

FINAL WTA Pool Standings 6/09/07:
Rank|Player|Points Total
64|wycombe7|217
74|Shtexas|215
96|Moose|213
123|jtdrum10|210
146|Danielle|208
197|JJnow|203
222|Jack|201
231|Jessie181|200
282|One_Shot07|196
282|Nelslus|196
282|Aedra119|196
298|Oploskoffie|195
385|Martini4me|188
445|Gvgirl|184
445|Jsd123789456|184
487|Charlie|181
561|Scotty|176
576|Dryrunguy|175
611|Mysterx|173
626|mmmm8|172
655|BeauJarkko|170
778|Mrjiggyfly2|159
802|Curtj|157
802|Winston|157
859 |Evil_Juju|151
902|Catz33|143

ATP Private Pool Standings:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|Nelslus|207
2|Jessie181|206
3|martini4me|203
4|Moose|196
5|BeauJarkko|192

FINAL WTA Private Pool Standings:
Rank|Player|Points Total
1|jtdrum10|238
2|Moose|211
3|Jessie181|198
4|Nelslus|196
5|Martini4me|188
6|mrjiggyfly2|187
7|Evil_JuJu|179
8|Beaujarkko|170

Jay
06-10-2007, 01:29 PM
UPDATE: 6/10/07

FINAL RG ATP Pool Standings 6/10/07:
Rank|Player|Points Total
13|Mrjiggyfly2|224
60|Charlie|214
87|Nelslus|211
87|Oploskoffie|211
164|Jessie181|206
177|Jack|205
164|Mysterx|206
195|Winston|204
195|Scotty|204
237|Shtexas|202
268|Martini4me|201
268|Gvgirl|201
305|Curtj|199
337|mmmm8|198
382|Moose|196
412|Aedra119|195
533|BeauJarkko|191
583|Jsd123789456|189
610|Dryrunguy|188
771|JJnow|182
824|Snidely|180
876|Danielle|178
876|jtdrum10|178
936|One_Shot07|176
985|Catz33|174
1091|wycombe7|169

Not much moving around after the final.

I think mysterx is the only one who moved up.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll do better next racquet bracket :)
Still proud of TAT ;)