PDA

View Full Version : TAT Arcade is online

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kirkus
04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Let's give this a go. There's a new link in the navigation bar.

NOTE: This is very much in a testing stage right now. TAT is sitting on a good server with good resouces available to it, but I don't know how the arcade is going to affect this. If it affects our forum it may be removed without notice.

I've installed 11 games to begin with. Other games are available and if this works out we can look at adding more.

If you experience problems, please post them in this thread.

Above all else... Have Fun!!

I sincerely appreciate all the comments I've received while mulling this idea around.

GVGirl
04-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I just screwed up a game of pacman so that I could have a high score for a moment.

mmmm8
04-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, I'm addicted

Jay
04-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm addicted too.

I'm the leader of the scoreboard AND i'm king of the arcade!
GO JESSIE!!
*mumbles something about getting kirkus back for stealing his high score in smack the penguin*

Kirkus
04-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Nice score on Space Invaders, Jessie!

I'm on the hunt, tho'. Don't get too comfortable Mr. King. :D

Kirkus
04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Available games can be previewed here:

http://www.pnflashgames.com/module-pnfgdownload.phtml

If you see something fun that you think other TATeurs will enjoy, let me know.

hurricanejeanne
04-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I suck at arcade games. Just saying....

...and you're stealing TATChat's thunder :p

jjnow
04-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Pac Man always drives me crazy! :mad:

jj

Foxykhat
04-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks Captain Kirk I'm enjoying my favorite arcade game Tetris, just took the lead from 48m and now attacking Whack The Penguin.

Foxy

hurricanejeanne
04-21-2007, 09:28 PM
I think it's time for a TATervention. :woohoo:

Jay
04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Does anyone want to join a tournament? I can make one if you want. Just reply in here and tell me if you want to.

Kirkus
04-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Does anyone want to join a tournament? I can make one if you want. Just reply in here and tell me if you want to.

I will. I liked to see how it works.

Jay
04-22-2007, 01:44 AM
I will. I liked to see how it works.
You have to enroll in a tournament to have it going.
I'm already enrolled in the pacman one.

GVGirl
04-22-2007, 05:05 AM
What, no pong?

Kirkus
04-22-2007, 01:08 PM
You have to enroll in a tournament to have it going.
I'm already enrolled in the pacman one.

I'm signed up. We need 2 more players.

Foxykhat
04-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Can we decide who we don't want in the TATArcade? If so Jessie and I are requesting that Koffie be BANNED as he's killing us mere mortals with his scores that are UNBEATABLE.

Foxy

Kirkus
04-22-2007, 08:12 PM
Can we decide who we don't want in the TATArcade? If so Jessie and I are requesting that Koffie be BANNED as he's killing us mere mortals with his scores that are UNBEATABLE.

Foxy

I Know!! I spent 2 hours today (ssshhhh, don't tell anyone) getting my Video Poker high score back. :D

Jay
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
is there any games that can be added?
Truth be told, the ones that are up right now are getting a bit boring (and trying to break Koffie's score in some of them is hopeless).

Kirkus
04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Available games can be previewed here:

http://www.pnflashgames.com/module-pnfgdownload.phtml

If you see something fun that you think other TATeurs will enjoy, let me know.

From earlier in the thread.

oploskoffie
04-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Foxy

:cry:

I still prefer to call it "setting targets"

shtexas
04-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Arcade games make me nervous. It was always love/hate with them. I prefer sports video games.

GVGirl
04-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Where is pong?

Foxykhat
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM

I still prefer to call it "setting targets"

Then you are a hard TARGET setter, LOL!

I'm loving the challenges my dear or should I say targets.

Foxy

Foxykhat
04-23-2007, 12:36 PM
The only issue I have is with Tetris, my fave game, but the scoring is ridiculously LOVE. Imagine only being awarded 60 bonus points for a TETRIS that is highway robbery.

Foxy

Jay
04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
It's somewhere in there..i noticed it when i was looking around it the first time Kirkus came up with the link.

I say we add Pong. great game. And one of those car races-type thingies too.
Where is pong?

Charlie02123
04-23-2007, 11:38 PM
I love it, I love it, I love it!

morct
04-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Then you are a hard TARGET setter, LOL!

I'm loving the challenges my dear or should I say targets.

Foxy

I'm with Foxy - think of us mere mortals when you are clocking up those high scores!

GVGirl
04-24-2007, 05:02 AM
It's somewhere in there..i noticed it when i was looking around it the first time Kirkus came up with the link.

I say we add Pong. great game. And one of those car races-type thingies too.

I mentioned pong because of the Amex commercial with AROD and pong. Andy is Kirkus' favorite player, that's why I asked about pong. lol

morct
04-24-2007, 06:26 AM
mmmm8, you stole my Simon high score! It's about the only one Mr. Koffie hasn't had a stratospheric score on (yet) so I'll work on it again later!

oploskoffie
04-24-2007, 06:36 AM
mmmm8, you stole my Simon high score! It's about the only one Mr. Koffie hasn't had a stratospheric score on (yet) so I'll work on it again later!

Simon has proven what I've suspected for some time: my memory is shot :p

morct
04-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Simon has proven what I've suspected for some time: my memory is shot :p

Halleluiah - - there's some hope for me to have a high score there so! :D

oploskoffie
04-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Halleluiah - - there's some hope for me to have a high score there so! :D

I'm staying out of the arcade for a while now. People don't seem to want me there :p

Good luck with Simon :)

Kirkus
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm staying out of the arcade for a while now. People don't seem to want me there :p

I want you there. It gives me something to strive for.

Kirkus
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
What do you guys think about resetting the high scores every now and again to keep the arcade competitive and fresh. Maybe every 2 weeks or every month?

oploskoffie
04-24-2007, 02:15 PM
I want you there. It gives me something to strive for.

I will be back, of course ;)

Foxykhat
04-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Hey where are you going? I need you there to rack up HUGE score that I can't possible break and then just when I finally have that break through and steal your thunder you snatch it right back 5 minutes later. :neener::neener::neener::neener:

Foxy

oploskoffie
04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I just had a go at two things and I'm sorry :lipsrsealed:

Charlie02123
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I just had a go at two things and I'm sorry :lipsrsealed:

No F!@#ing way did you get a 58 at Hexxagon! That's insane! Gosh, take two of my high scores. Sigh...

Oh well, I'll be back.

oploskoffie
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
No F!@#ing way did you get a 58 at Hexxagon! That's insane! Gosh, take two of my high scores. Sigh...

Oh well, I'll be back.

Hexxagon... Yeah... :lipsrsealed: 58 is pretty much as good as it gets. Everything was red :lipsrsealed: I think the scores should be reset one of these days :lipsrsealed:

morct
04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Hexxagon... Yeah... :lipsrsealed: 58 is pretty much as good as it gets. Everything was red :lipsrsealed: I think the scores should be reset one of these days :lipsrsealed:

Well, I was just about to toddle over to the arcade and give hexxagon another go, but 58 is insane. :yikey:

Foxykhat
04-26-2007, 01:52 PM

DANG Koffie you are INSANE!!! 58 in Hexxagon and 70850 in Pacman :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: ! Are you a man or a computer?!

I tip my hat off to you, you are THE MASTER!:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Foxy

Kirkus
04-26-2007, 02:26 PM
*positions finger on the Reset Scores button*

Kirkus
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I'll be adding some new games this weekend... Pong, a racing game for Jessie, and some others.

Also, I think to help it stay competitive Oploskoffie is no longer allowed in the arcade I'm going to reset the scores on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Sound okay?

Foxykhat
04-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll be adding some new games this weekend... Pong, a racing game for Jessie, and some others.

Also, I think to help it stay competitive Oploskoffie is no longer allowed in the arcade I'm going to reset the scores on the 1st and 15th of each month.

Sound okay?

Can I ask if another/better version of Tetris can be added and the one up removed? I say this because the scoring is horrible and does allow you to actually play a good game of Tetris. If not I guess I'll have to make do.

ROFL so Koffie has been banned... I think his ban should be lifted I love that he's not human. Just Kidding!

I don't know if I agree with resetting the scores but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Foxy

evil_juju
04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
I must say I can't believe my Simon score has held up this long!

and can you just delete all of Olploskoffie's scores!:laugh:

mmmm8
04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I must say I can't believe my Simon score has held up this long!

and can you just delete all of Olploskoffie's scores!:laugh:

I'm on it (Simon), just not today. You shall fall.

Kirkus
04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
There is a different Tetris available. I'll install it and we can see if the scoring is better.

Foxykhat
04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
There is a different Tetris available. I'll install it and we can see if the scoring is better.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! LOL, I think I should wait until you've actually installed it but what the heck!

Foxy

Charlie02123
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
By the way, I made a Hexxagon tournament for anyone who's interested. With the tournaments you don't have to all play at the same time, just so you know.

evil_juju
04-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I'm on it (Simon), just not today. You shall fall.

oooh! I feel a challenge coming on!

:eek:

mmmm8
04-27-2007, 07:24 AM
oooh! I feel a challenge coming on!

:eek:

:fencing:

oploskoffie
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, seeing as how we'll probably be starting anew soon, I've gone nuts on a couple of things, including poker :lipsrsealed:

mmmm8
04-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Well, seeing as how we'll probably be starting anew soon, I've gone nuts on a couple of things, including poker :lipsrsealed:

Holy crap!

I just SO close with Fruit Smash

oploskoffie
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Best of luck with the fruit, mmmm8 ;)

Guess my weekend will include a fair bit of Simon if I want to achieve my objective :lipsrsealed:

mmmm8
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Best of luck with the fruit, mmmm8 ;)

Guess my weekend will include a fair bit of Simon if I want to achieve my objective :lipsrsealed:

You have fun with it. I have friends coming for the weekend but am looking forward to beating whatever score you achieve on Sunday night

Kirkus
04-27-2007, 04:56 PM

Oh no you didn't.

Kirkus
04-27-2007, 06:49 PM
We have 9 new games in the arcade including Pong and Tetris 1.

A few notes on these new games...
They are of a little higher quality and are going to use more of your computer's resouces. They may take a little longer to load also (especially Sonic). I'm feeling confident that TAT's server can handle these higher quality games, but if you encounter any trouble, please let a staff person know.

Deuces Wild Video Poker:
In our regular video poker game you select the cards you want to discard. In the deuces wild version you select the cards you want to hold.

I may be removing games that aren't played as much as others. There's no reason to jam up the works if they aren't popular.

I haven't received a lot of feedback yet on the resetting of scores. Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you think.

Kirkus
04-27-2007, 07:01 PM
One other thing. After playing several of these new games you must submit your score... they don't all do it automatically. Before leaving the game look for "Submit" or "Submit Score" if you wish to do so.

mmmm8
04-27-2007, 07:06 PM

They are of a little higher quality and are going to use more of your computer's resouces. They may take a little longer to load also (especially Sonic). I'm feeling confident that TAT's server can handle these higher quality games, but if you encounter any trouble, please let a staff person know.

Deuces Wild Video Poker:
In our regular video poker game you select the cards you want to discard. In the deuces wild version you select the cards you want to hold.

I may be removing games that aren't played as much as others. There's no reason to jam up the works if they aren't popular.

I haven't received a lot of feedback yet on the resetting of scores. Good idea? Bad idea? Let me know what you think.

Awesome, Kirkus. Thanks

dryrunguy
04-27-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna waste Mr. Koffie's Frogger score if it kills me... And it just might!

:freekingout: :hammerhead: :gun: :bat: :dizzy: :slap: :boxing: :pissedoff: :tease:

Dry

Foxykhat
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Deuces Wild Video Poker:

Thanks Kirkus, already having real score in the new tetris.

Foxy

Kirkus
04-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks Kirkus, already having real score in the new tetris.

Foxy

:overhead_clap:

oploskoffie
04-28-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm gonna waste Mr. Koffie's Frogger score if it kills me... And it just might!

:freekingout: :hammerhead: :gun: :bat: :dizzy: :slap: :boxing: :pissedoff: :tease:

Dry

Still alive, Dry?

Jay
04-28-2007, 01:50 AM
how does one submit one's score in Sonic? Do you have to wait until you get killed? Do you have to pass the whole game?
I just quite after a while..it took too long and i'm a bit tired right now..

it shall wait for tomorrow later today

dryrunguy
04-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Still alive, Dry?

I putzed around on that damn thing til about 2:30 this morning... I was 1-2 lilly pads away from beating your score and ziti for brains here got greedy and decided to backtrack to another lilly pad to get an extra fly... Unfortunately, I forgot all about the timer.

The TAT Arcade has GOT to go... I have enough addictions.

Dry

oploskoffie
04-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I putzed around on that damn thing til about 2:30 this morning... I was 1-2 lilly pads away from beating your score and ziti for brains here got greedy and decided to backtrack to another lilly pad to get an extra fly... Unfortunately, I forgot all about the timer.

The TAT Arcade has GOT to go... I have enough addictions.

Dry

Let's leave the arcade where it is ;) And very well done on you score! :)

Now then... Time for some frog... :p

dryrunguy
04-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Let's leave the arcade where it is ;) And very well done on you score! :)

Now then... Time for some frog... :p

Thanks, Koffie! But I'm sure it won't take long for you to beat my score... I feel so old... I grew up on pacman and frogger. Pathetic. LOL!

Dry

oploskoffie
04-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Koffie! But I'm sure it won't take long for you to beat my score... I feel so old... I grew up on pacman and frogger. Pathetic. LOL!

Dry

Hey... Hey... HEYYYY!!! I'm not that much younger I'll have you know :D:lipsrsealed: Though for me it was Sabrewulf, Jetpack, Orbiter and something with a little tank back in the day :p

Kirkus
04-28-2007, 12:50 PM

Dry

I too grew up on those. And, for me anyway, it's not like riding a bike. I feel like an uncoordinated idiot trying to play them now. LOL.

bea26
04-28-2007, 05:17 PM
So the idea is not to play the games you love but amass the total number of high scores? Why won't you people just leave me and my 5 high scores alone. Monsters, all of you.

Watch that penguin, Kirkus. :bat:

bea26
04-28-2007, 05:34 PM
323.5! Grr... F'n penguin.

Kirkus
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
So the idea is not to play the games you love but amass the total number of high scores? Why won't you people just leave me and my 5 high scores alone. Monsters, all of you.

Yeah. See? I'm thinking we need two arcades. One for those who enjoy an entertaining game now and again. And the other for the criminally insane who must WIN AT EVERYTHING!!

dryrunguy
04-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm thinkin' maybe it's not possible to do any better than 324 on Smack the Penguin...

What's really strange is that I watched Happy Feet last night on DVD for the first time... And now I'm smackin' the crap out of the little shit...

Dry

Kirkus
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm thinkin' maybe it's not possible to do any better than 324 on Smack the Penguin...

What's really strange is that I watched Happy Feet last night on DVD for the first time... And now I'm smackin' the crap out of the little shit...

Dry

LMAO!

I think 324's about it. I can't get past it.

Jay
04-28-2007, 07:16 PM

Dry

:hyst:

anywho..nobody answered my previous question.
how do you save your score in Sonic?
and which game do you play? the time trial, or the other one?

mmmm8
04-28-2007, 10:16 PM

Says someone who went and beat all of my high scores last night. :mad:

Kirkus
04-28-2007, 11:23 PM

anywho..nobody answered my previous question.
how do you save your score in Sonic?
and which game do you play? the time trial, or the other one?

I think you might be answering those questions, Jessie. :D
These are new to all of us. I'll do a little research and see if I can get answers, but it may be a trial and error with some of these games at first.

bea26
04-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Says someone who went and beat all of my high scores last night. :mad:

Oh don't be such a baby.

oploskoffie
04-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Yeah. See? I'm thinking we need two arcades. One for those who enjoy an entertaining game now and again. And the other for the criminally insane who must WIN AT EVERYTHING!!

You just called me WHAT?

bea26
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM
You just called me WHAT?

Oh just own it.

Jay
04-29-2007, 12:40 AM
I give up trying to save my score on Sonic.

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 12:50 AM
I give up trying to save my score on Sonic.

Hey Jessie. I just scored 60 points and it automatically put me on the board. How high have you scored?

bea26
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I just beat the top score on solitaire and nothing happens? I'm going to start thinking I'm wasting my life here...

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I just beat the top score on solitaire and nothing happens? I'm going to start thinking I'm wasting my life here...

You got to see a score? :) I've found it impossible to enter new scores as well :undecided: but I never got to see what my exact score was...

bea26
04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
You got to see a score? :) I've found it impossible to enter new scores as well :undecided: but I never got to see what my exact score was...

You don't own solitaire. It must be killing you!

I say we have another one of those PM days and fill your inbox with how much we love your gaming abilities.

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
You don't own solitaire. It must be killing you!

I say we have another one of those PM days and fill your inbox with how much we love your gaming abilities.

That's not what I meant :p I also haven't been able to enter a score for blackjack, the game just ignores the submits.

It's something we want to look into. If solitaire refuses to accept new scores, a replacement version will be needed.

One PM day was nice. And enough. :D

aedra1119
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM

I was just about to say I have the same problem with pacman. It has not recorded any of my new high scores. I get a syntax error message after every game. :(

bea26
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Hmm...inabilities to enter scores, the high scorers are all admins...I cry foul!

Or at least they're on the juice.

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I was just about to say I have the same problem with pacman. It has not recorded any of my new high scores. I get a syntax error message after every game. :(

Ugh, that's new :undecided: Right, we're going to be checking this out. Anybody else having issues with recording scores, please let us know :)

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 12:37 PM
So we have the new games of Solitaire, Black Jack and Sonic that won't consistently record scores and since the new games were added, PacMan has stopped adding scores. I also wasn't able to add a high score on Video Poker?

Has anyone else seen a problem with "Syntax" errors?

Lone-star has told me that Fruit-Smash has locked up on her a few times. Has anyone else seen that?

This isn't something I'm going to spend a lot of time on. If a game is erroring or causing other games to error I'm going to just remove it.

So I'm thinking Sonic goes away completely, I'll replace solitaire and blackjack with different ones and Video Poker has some inherent problems that Mr. O and I have discovered so it's going away also.

mmmm8
04-29-2007, 01:08 PM
I've had the Fruit Smash problems. If you've played several games in a row, sometimes it just locks up before time's up and gives you a random score of 6000

Had the solitaire issue. I thought maybe it doles out score by 30-sec intervals and maybe Shtexas made it under 1:30, since all of mine were between 1:30 and 2:00 and kept coming up as 239

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Had the solitaire issue. I thought maybe it doles out score by 30-sec intervals and maybe Shtexas made it under 1:30, since all of mine were between 1:30 and 2:00 and kept coming up as 239

I never had a score come up. I've done several under 1:20 and it just says "congrats" and then proceeds to tell me that " only the highest scores will be added" or something like that. Oh well..:D

Foxykhat
04-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I've had the Fruit Smash problem, I don't recall if it gave me a random score like 4m8 but it has locked up on more than one occasion.

Foxy

mmmm8
04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I never had a score come up. I've done several under 1:20 and it just says "congrats" and then proceeds to tell me that " only the highest scores will be added" or something like that. Oh well..:D

The score wouldn't come up for me either but it just went to the high scores with my name highlighted and 239 in the high scores

And, bea, I think that was Mr. K's way of telling us he DOES own Solitaire too :)

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
And, bea, I think that was Mr. K's way of telling us he DOES own Solitaire too :)

Gaming ego coming out :lipsrsealed: Sowee....

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Fruit-smash is one of the more popular games. Is the ocassional freeze-up a big enough deal to remove the game completely?

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm going to take us offline for an extended period of time tonight for a full server back up. I'll remove a few games replace a few others and run some database maintenance programs at the same time and see if we can get these problems out of the way.

oploskoffie
04-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm going to take us offline for an extended period of time tonight for a full server back up. I'll remove a few games replace a few others and run some database maintenance programs at the same time and see if we can get these problems out of the way.

Sounds like a plan :) And I wouldn't ditch the Fruit Smash - it is still popular and there is still a challenge to it :)

shtexas
04-29-2007, 01:23 PM
You all are just too competitive. I just try to enjoy the games. I just try to beat my own best score and get better. I never really played many of the them in the past other than pacman. I had never even tried frogger before.

Foxykhat
04-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Fruit-smash is one of the more popular games. Is the ocassional freeze-up a big enough deal to remove the game completely?

Not for me, what I usually do is just return to the games homepage/TATarcade and restart. My issue with it is that I cannot pause the freakin thing.

Foxy

mmmm8
04-29-2007, 01:26 PM

It doesn't bother me that much. Since it's timed and not that long, it's not like you're losing lots and lots and effort with the occasional lock-ups

bea26
04-29-2007, 01:26 PM
The score wouldn't come up for me either but it just went to the high scores with my name highlighted and 239 in the high scores

Oh yeah, well...well...I won every game but they won't post my scores. I'M THE WINNER OF THE WORLD!

AHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmm8
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh yeah, well...well...I won every game but they won't post my scores. I'M THE WINNER OF THE WORLD!

AHHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

They give the world away for a couple games of solitaire now?

Jay
04-29-2007, 01:42 PM
They give the world away for a couple games of solitaire now?

yeah, you didn't know that?
that's why i have Spain, Portugal, and France.

I'm currently working on trying to get Sweden and Mexico.

Bea is the world champ, though. He has mostly everything

shtexas
04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
During long games, you get signed out of tat and it doesn't register your score?

bea26
04-29-2007, 02:07 PM
yeah, you didn't know that?
that's why i have Spain, Portugal, and France.

I'm currently working on trying to get Sweden and Mexico.

Bea is the world champ, though. He has mostly everything

I'm like Barbie that way. The b**** has everything.

Jay
04-29-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm like Barbie that way. The b**** has everything.
She has everything material-wise, but does she have a man? no.
Ken is gay. He is with other men and not with her. Therefore, she has no one.

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I've discovered a possible reason for the high scores not being submitted. It has to do with the cookies that TAT uses. It's especially prominent on games that take longer to play. What might be happening is that TAT is automatically logging you out after a certain length of time because it doesn't see playing a game as being active.

Next time you login make sure the "Remember me" box is checked. This might fix the problem. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll change the length of time that TAT will allow you to be inactive and we'll give that a shot.

shtexas
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM
I've discovered a possible reason for the high scores not being submitted. It has to do with the cookies that TAT uses. It's especially prominent on games that take longer to play. What might be happening is that TAT is automatically logging you out after a certain length of time because it doesn't see playing a game as being active.

Next time you login make sure the "Remember me" box is checked. This might fix the problem. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll change the length of time that TAT will allow you to be inactive and we'll give that a shot.

That's what I asked at the bottom of the last page. It makes sense.

dryrunguy
04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Don't remove Fruit Smash. It's fun. I've not had any problems with it freezing up. But I've only been able to manage just above about half of the leading score... :(

I'm still trying to figure out how Mr. Koffie scored 70K on pacman... That game has been kicking my ass like there's no tomorrow...

Dry

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
During long games, you get signed out of tat and it doesn't register your score?

Sorry, shtexas. I didn't see this. Good thought. I think you may be right.

shtexas
04-29-2007, 07:28 PM
BTW: It's supposed to be the low score that wins at solitaire. But, it is ranking us by the high score. :cheesy:

Kirkus
04-29-2007, 09:07 PM
BTW: It's supposed to be the low score that wins at solitaire. But, it is ranking us by the high score. :cheesy:

Really? I think I can fix that.

BTW... I didn't have time to move the games around tonight. 'twas a busy day.

mmmm8 -- I'm stil going to do the "About Us" also. This has just been a very busy weekend for me but I haven't forgotten about it.

Kirkus
05-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I've removed Tetris 2, Video Poker, and Sonic because of scoring problems. I've fixed the scoring on Solitaire to show the low score as the best score. I'm hoping this will fix the scoring problems we were having with it.

I've also added 1 new game -- Flash Golf.

All game scores have been reset.

Because we're beginning the first full month with the arcade, how about if we reset the scores on the first of every month. Before resetting them I can record that months high scores, king of the arcade and maybe top 5 players from the leader board as a monthly record? That will keep the history, but still give everyone a fresh start each month.

Please post in this thread any more problems with scoring. If the games aren't working properly they're no good to anyone.

Kirkus
05-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Can anyone tell how the Leader Board works?

bea26
05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Dry! LOL. I just don't have the patience to play Pong again. Enjoy your victory.

And Kirkus, the Deuces Wild-- how do you get a score that high without getting like 4 deuces? Is there a trick everyone else seems to know but me?

mmmm8
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Bea :mad:

And I'm not playing Pong just to beat you. I hate it too.

Foxykhat
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Can anyone tell how the Leader Board works?

I hope someone answers this as I've been wondering also.

Foxy

dryrunguy
05-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Dry! LOL. I just don't have the patience to play Pong again. Enjoy your victory.

And Kirkus, the Deuces Wild-- how do you get a score that high without getting like 4 deuces? Is there a trick everyone else seems to know but me?

I'm sorry, Bea. It was really an accident. The stupid mouse thing nailed me twice early on. And then I was forced to sit here for about 12-15 minutes and just hit the damned little bastard in the middle... And the next thing I knew, well...

It's really a horrible game... But I'll do what I have to to stay competitive with Mr. Koffie... My gaming idol! :cheesy:

Dry

bea26
05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Bea :mad:

And I'm not playing Pong just to beat you. I hate it too.

It's an awful awful game, right? Even the noise.

And you're always trying to beat me. ALWAYS!

mmmm8
05-02-2007, 06:56 PM
It's an awful awful game, right? Even the noise.

And you're always trying to beat me. ALWAYS!

"Trying to?" I laugh at you!

bea26
05-02-2007, 07:02 PM
"Trying to?" I laugh at you!

Let's see you knock a Penguin 324 feet. And come first in the alphabet.

mmmm8
05-02-2007, 07:03 PM

you know, I can change your screenname to zbea26 in about 5 seconds.

bea26
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
you know, I can change your screenname to zbea26 in about 5 seconds.

If there was a competition for doing it I'd beat you in that too.

Foxykhat
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM

Oh is that it? And if now, how come although we both scored our 324 after you you name still remain on top?

Foxy

bea26
05-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh is that it? And if now, how come although we both scored our 324 after you you name still remain on top?

Foxy

My only solace is recalling the 1000 times I tried to knock Kirkus off with HIS 324. My Carpal Tunnel knows no guilt.

mmmm8
05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
If there was a competition for doing it I'd beat you in that too.

If you had access to the magic buttons, there WOULD be a competition, and I'd kick your ass. So far, you have just the alphabet going for ya.

bea26
05-02-2007, 07:25 PM
If you had access to the magic buttons, there WOULD be a competition, and I'd kick your ass. So far, you have just the alphabet going for ya.

I'll take what I can get. And implore aedra not to take up smacking flightless birds.

Jay
05-02-2007, 11:46 PM

I'd beat BOTH of ya.

Jessie is :notworthy:

oh....and I just noticed this...

You're a one slam wonder (in contests).

Though, that's better than me. My best result is being a semi-finalist in a tier 1. I'm the Anna Kournikova of Tennis contests.

whoa, I shouldn't be throwing that around..I might just turn out like Kournikova and not win anything.

mmmm8
05-03-2007, 04:20 AM
I'd beat BOTH of ya.

Jessie is :notworthy:

oh....and I just noticed this...

You're a one slam wonder (in contests).

Though, that's better than me. My best result is being a semi-finalist in a tier 1. I'm the Anna Kournikova of Tennis contests.

whoa, I shouldn't be throwing that around..I might just turn out like Kournikova and not win anything.

Well, my career's still young, so don't Thomas Johansson me yet.

And Anna won some doubles tournaments. So don't insult her like that.

Now, get to work on those prediction skills. Remember the mantra? "Just say NO to Kristof Vliegen. Just say NO"

Kirkus
05-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Four new games installed. Ball of Madness made me swear... loudly! and Bug looks like fun but no real instructions. I can't get past the 2nd level!

Jay
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
so don't Thomas Johansson me yet.

I just did.

*oh no HE didn't!*

yes I did.

anywho...
Now i have a new nickname for you.
Johansson. :D

aedra1119
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I'll take what I can get. And implore aedra not to take up smacking flightless birds.

Oooohh....is that a challenge? ;)

You better be lucky smacking penguins is not one of my specialties.

mmmm8
05-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I just did.

*oh no HE didn't!*

yes I did.

anywho...
Now i have a new nickname for you.
Johansson. :D

Let's call you Johansson too. Joachim.

Kirkus
05-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Is anyone still having trouble with any of the games NOT saving the scores?

catz33
05-08-2007, 03:51 AM
All that work to take out Oplo and I couldn't record my score!!!!!!! Blah! lol

oploskoffie
05-08-2007, 05:16 AM
All that work to take out Oplo and I couldn't record my score!!!!!!! Blah! lol

Which game wouldn't let you record the score, catz?

bea26
05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
19000 on fruitsmash! Well done. Morct snatched the blackjack from me, now if someone could smack that damn penguin past me I can finally get back to my life.

oploskoffie
05-10-2007, 12:59 PM
19000 on fruitsmash! Well done. Morct snatched the blackjack from me, now if someone could smack that damn penguin past me I can finally get back to my life.

Not gonna happen, bea :) You smacked that penguin the maximum distance first, so you're stuck with it until June's scores reset ;)

bea26
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Not gonna happen, bea :) You smacked that penguin the maximum distance first, so you're stuck with it until June's scores reset ;)

They reset? :yikey:

GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE!

Kirkus
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
They reset? :yikey:

GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE!

Yeah they'll be reset the first of every month. But all monthly high scores will be recorded on a special board.

bea26
05-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah they'll be reset the first of every month. But all monthly high scores will be recorded on a special board.

I think I have decided here and now to quit cold turkey. I had the same moment with Sudokus. Good-bye my friend...

:make_out:

oploskoffie
05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
I think I have decided here and now to quit cold turkey. I had the same moment with Sudokus. Good-bye my friend...

:make_out:

Thou shalt be missed.

bea26
05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.xtcian.com/PallbearersNonFune3(bl).jpg

mmmm8
05-10-2007, 03:45 PM
RIP, Zbea26 :)

catz33
05-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Which game wouldn't let you record the score, catz?

It's my own fault oploskoffie. One of these days I will play it on a computer that I can hit remember me so it doesn't consider me in-active. It took alot of time to get to 80,000+ on Pacman but it was fun now that I see the pattern! Hopefully I can remember it! lol.

Kirkus
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Let me tell you what sucks about the server trouble we've just had.

Lone-star's 20,100 points on Deuces Wild is lost. She's going to say I did it on purpose.

I've got to find a way to get it back. If I can't I'll need you guys to come looking for my body and give me a decent burial.

dryrunguy
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Let me tell you what sucks about the server trouble we've just had.

Lone-star's 20,100 points on Deuces Wild is lost. She's going to say I did it on purpose.

I've got to find a way to get it back. If I can't I'll need you guys to come looking for my body and give me a decent burial.

:yikey: I would be like, well, pretty livid. I've been intentionally avoiding pacman because I figured it would be just my luck that I'd finally beat Mr. Koffie's score (after 1.75 million tries) and it wouldn't count.

That really sucks big donkey ****. And what sucks even more is having to buy her flowers both on Saturday AND Mother's Day... ;)

Dry

Kirkus
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
:yikey: I would be like, well, pretty livid. I've been intentionally avoiding pacman because I figured it would be just my luck that I'd finally beat Mr. Koffie's score (after 1.75 million tries) and it wouldn't count.

That really sucks big donkey ****. And what sucks even more is having to buy her flowers both on Saturday AND Mother's Day... ;)

Dry

:hyst::hyst::hyst:

It really does!

Fortunately for me she's out of town this weekend so I have 2 full days to either figure out how to get it back or to beat her high score.

:wall:

dryrunguy
05-11-2007, 08:26 PM
:hyst::hyst::hyst:

It really does!

Fortunately for me she's out of town this weekend so I have 2 full days to either figure out how to get it back or to beat her high score.

:wall:

Can't you just hack into the Deuce's Wild game and post some obscenely high score by a poster named Alice? When in doubt, blame it on the scorned TAT bot.

Dry

Kirkus
05-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Ha! I did it! I live to see another day!!

That deservers a double woot!

:woot::woot:

mmmm8
05-11-2007, 08:39 PM

That's awesome.

Now, how do we go about "losing" all of oploskoffie's high scores?

dryrunguy
05-11-2007, 08:55 PM

Well, I guess this would be a good time to stop playing Deuce's Wild... :mad:

:cheesy:

Dry

oploskoffie
05-12-2007, 05:06 AM
That's awesome.

Now, how do we go about "losing" all of oploskoffie's high scores?

Exsqueeze me? :mad:

oploskoffie
05-12-2007, 05:08 AM

Dry

That score is a marker. You improve it, and I'll get it back :D ;) unlike my scores for Solitaire and Golf. Your scores for those two will probably stand longer than Rome! :D

dryrunguy
05-12-2007, 05:55 AM
That score is a marker. You improve it, and I'll get it back :D ;) unlike my scores for Solitaire and Golf. Your scores for those two will probably stand longer than Rome! :D

Actually, I almost beat my own golf score last night... Went into the 9th hole at 29 strokes, and then, like Jelena Jankovic, I hit the wall.

Literally.

Dry

oploskoffie
05-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Actually, I almost beat my own golf score last night... Went into the 9th hole at 29 strokes, and then, like Jelena Jankovic, I hit the wall.

Literally.

Dry

The 9th hole, for all intents and purposes, is beyond moronic. It is SO user-unfriendly that it can turn a round of 25 into a 90. "Booooooo" to the 9th.

dryrunguy
05-12-2007, 06:01 AM
The 9th hole, for all intents and purposes, is beyond moronic. It is SO user-unfriendly that it can turn a round of 25 into a 90. "Booooooo" to the 9th.

I've given up on trying to outsmart the 9th hole... I switch to Karolina Sprem mode, smack the crap out of the ball, hope for luck, and pray no one gets hurt.

Dry

Kirkus
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
I've installed 5 new games. Most of these games don't need instructions as they're well known. The cribbage game comes with pretty exhaustive instructions. I haven't played cribbage in years but remember enjoying it when I did play.

I've not tested these on our site, so please, if you run into trouble let me know in this thread.

mrjiggyfly2
05-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I've installed 5 new games. Most of these games don't need instructions as they're well known. The cribbage game comes with pretty exhaustive instructions. I haven't played cribbage in years but remember enjoying it when I did play.

I've not tested these on our site, so please, if you run into trouble let me know in this thread.

Cribbage! I may have to make my first foray into the arcade

Jay
05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Cribbage almost made me :vomit:, So I said "no mas" and gave up halfway through it.

Kirkus
05-13-2007, 11:31 PM
When Mary was pregnant with the twins she was on 24/7 bed rest. We'd sit for hours on end playing Cribbage. I'm gonna get into it here, see how long before it comes back to me.

oploskoffie
05-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah.... Thanks a lot, Dry.

Nuff said :D

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah.... Thanks a lot, Dry.

Nuff said :D

Well, I got lucky, but really, it COULD have been a bigger score. I was in really great shape with only the 5s, Chance and 1s remaining. I needed 37 points (after assuming I had the 35 coming up top). I rolled two 5s and almost took that for the 5s score, but that left me needing a rocking Chance (since you don't get much on the 1s). So I took 21 for chance, leaving me needing 16 points from the 5s and 1s.

Next roll, I get one 5 and keep it. Roll again, nothing more. Last role, I got two more 5s, giving me 15 and the tie, needing just 1 on the 1s to top the score. I managed one 1 on the last of three rolls. I was sweating big time.

Dry

Kirkus
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
You guys are funny!

What you don't know is I'm playing Yahtzee several hours a night (ignoring my TATerly duties) and will eventually beat you both!!

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 10:38 AM
You guys are funny!

What you don't know is I'm playing Yahtzee several hours a night (ignoring my TATerly duties) and will eventually beat you both!!

I've become possessed... Coming soon to the IFC, you'll be able to watch "The Exorcism of Dry". After hitting 330 three times, it became a mission.

I never claimed to be well.

Dry

oploskoffie
05-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm taking a 48 hour Yahtzee break :p After just missing out on something extremely *nice*, I need to be in a happier place for a while :D

Jay
05-17-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll say something Bea said.

"Y'all are competitive. One would think you guys are into sports or something"

The TAT Arcade is making you guys loco.

So, I'll just sit back with popcorn and watch :)

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm taking a 48 hour Yahtzee break :p After just missing out on something extremely *nice*, I need to be in a happier place for a while :D

Focusing on frogger are we? At some point I need to shift my attention back to Flash Golf and the Chopper Challenge... I still have nightmares about that last pyramid.

Dry

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I'll say something Bea said.

"Y'all are competitive. One would think you guys are into sports or something"

The TAT Arcade is making you guys loco.

So, I'll just sit back with popcorn and watch :)

I don't think we're overly competitive, and it's rude of you to suggest it.

BTW, stay away from Yahtzee or I'll have your head and will send Alice back to TATChat. Got it? ;)

Dry

oploskoffie
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Focusing on frogger are we? At some point I need to shift my attention back to Flash Golf and the Chopper Challenge... I still have nightmares about that last pyramid.

Dry

I just shot the crap out of some asteroids. Golf I'm done with, regardless of what you do - it ****** me off too much :p Frogger I never liked to start with and haven't touched since the first day after the resets. Leaves me with, ehm.... Solitaire? :D:lipsrsealed:

jjnow
05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Intervention time.

Pronto.

jj

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I just shot the crap out of some asteroids. Golf I'm done with, regardless of what you do - it ****** me off too much :p Frogger I never liked to start with and haven't touched since the first day after the resets. Leaves me with, ehm.... Solitaire? :D:lipsrsealed:

Hey, Mr. Dutch Devil from Hell... Leave my Solitaire score alone. You've already caused me enough trouble as it is... There are other high scores to chase! Bea is off to Paris soon... He won't care. He's busy plotting and planning how he's going to get some alone time with Tommy Haas.

Dry

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Intervention time.

Pronto.

jj

Please... I've seen enough of Paris Hilton already. The last thing I need is cell time with her... And with my luck, Mark Foley. :rolleyes:

Dry

jjnow
05-17-2007, 11:45 AM
The only game I play these days is Chopper Challenge. But I can never make it over the mountains! :mad:

jj

Jay
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
I don't think we're overly competitive, and it's rude of you to suggest it.

BTW, stay away from Yahtzee or I'll have your head and will send Alice back to TATChat. Got it? ;)

Dry

aww that's the kindest gesture i've heard from someone since DB was cursing at me the other day. :)
how sweet.

anywho..

have you SEEN my scores?
I'm clearly a little fish.
Koffie is a big fish

go hunt the big fish.

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 03:35 PM
aww that's the kindest gesture i've heard from someone since DB was cursing at me the other day. :)
how sweet.

anywho..

have you SEEN my scores?
I'm clearly a little fish.
Koffie is a big fish

go hunt the big fish.

Mr. Koffie's no big fish... He's a frippin' pirhana...

He's evil. And he must be destroyed.

Dry

GVGirl
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Everyone is either in the tat chat or in the arcade! LOL

dryrunguy
05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Everyone is either in the tat chat or in the arcade! LOL

Ah, but can you tell which game I'm playing, Ms. Almighty Moderator??? :cheesy:

Dry

oploskoffie
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Mr. Koffie's no big fish... He's a frippin' pirhana...

He's evil. And he must be destroyed.

Dry

Don't talk about me like I'm Mary Carillo :cry: Though the pirhana part ain't far off :lipsrsealed:

dryrunguy
05-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Don't talk about me like I'm Mary Carillo :cry: Though the pirhana part ain't far off :lipsrsealed:

I hate you so much! LOL! Oh well, there goes my weekend! LOL!

Of course, if I had any sense, I'd just give up.

Dry

oploskoffie
05-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I hate you so much! LOL! Oh well, there goes my weekend! LOL!

Of course, if I had any sense, I'd just give up.

Dry

There's a maximum of 375 points at stake, so plenty of room left to work with ;)

Now... Am I being encouraging or mean? :D

dryrunguy
05-18-2007, 11:56 AM
There's a maximum of 375 points at stake, so plenty of room left to work with ;)

Now... Am I being encouraging or mean? :D

Naw, you're just being your Dutch Devilish self... You can't help it.

BTW, be careful when you open your mailbox next week. ;)

Dry

Kirkus
05-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Naw, you're just being your Dutch Devilish self... You can't help it.

BTW, be careful when you open your mailbox next week. ;)

Dry

And for God's sake stay away from the Zoo!!

Kirkus
05-22-2007, 02:27 PM
For our Yahtzee fans...

Check you Slingo Para-Dice!!

Thanks to Oploskoffie for this great find!

morct
05-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Thank goodness it's almost the end of the month so that some of us mere humans can start posting a few high scores again! :cool:

And Kirkus I loove your avatar - looks like baby AJ is thriving. :)

Kirkus
05-26-2007, 01:08 PM

Thanks! She absolutely rocks!! :)

jsd123789456
05-26-2007, 01:14 PM
slingo-para dice is just yahtzee on steroids, and oh my is it fun and easy to play, great find!

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 01:19 PM
slingo-para dice is just yahtzee on steroids, and oh my is it fun and easy to play, great find!

I'd like it better if I could smack Mr. Koffie off the top of the heep...

BTW, we need three more entries for the Deal or No Deal tournament... Get in there, folks! It's been sitting there for several days!

Dry

Foxykhat
05-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank goodness it's almost the end of the month so that some of us mere humans can start posting a few high scores again! :cool:

Yeah for like 5 secs until the you know who shows up.

And yeah Kirkus I've been meaning to mention that i looooooooooooooooove your avatar, beautiful pic of AJ.

Foxy

dryrunguy
05-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks! She absolutely rocks!! :)

Cute little shit... She's going to be a total heartbreaker, Kirkus.

Have you already bought the Chastity Belt?

Dry

dryrunguy
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Looks like we need one more person for a Yahtzee tournament in the Arcade. Anyone interested? If so, please go register!

Dry

oploskoffie
05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Quick congrats to Dry and Eugene for kicking some ass in the arcade this past week especially. Looking forward to the next run ;)

dryrunguy
05-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Quick congrats to Dry and Eugene for kicking some ass in the arcade this past week especially. Looking forward to the next run ;)

Um, last I checked, you weren't doing too badly, Mr. Koffie... ;) You've set a zillion scores that I just don't even bother to chase!

Dry

oploskoffie
05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Um, last I checked, you weren't doing too badly, Mr. Koffie... ;) You've set a zillion scores that I just don't even bother to chase!

Dry

I got pegged back this month and you know it ;) I haven't gotten round to regaining ground this past week as I'd planned, so the new run should be fun :D

Kirkus
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
ATTENTION ARCADE GAMERS:

I've added a new board called, "Talk About the TAT Arcade" in the "Everything Else" category. I've moved this thread there and I'll post archived monthly highscores in it. We can also announce game tournaments or discuss arcade topics.

Jack
06-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Does anyone else have problems with their login ID timing out? I've noticed this especially when I'm playing arcade games (addictive, by the way), and if I'm at one game too long, I error out when it tries to save my score because my logon has timed out... I looked under the user CP but couldn't find anything to log in for longer periods of time....:confused:

oploskoffie
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Does anyone else have problems with their login ID timing out? I've noticed this especially when I'm playing arcade games (addictive, by the way), and if I'm at one game too long, I error out when it tries to save my score because my logon has timed out... I looked under the user CP but couldn't find anything to log in for longer periods of time....:confused:

When you log in, do you check the box "remember me"? That should keep you logged in permanenty, unless you have your browser set to clean it's cache each time you close it, or if you log out, of course ;)

Jack
06-03-2007, 02:43 PM
When you log in, do you check the box "remember me"? That should keep you logged in permanenty, unless you have your browser set to clean it's cache each time you close it, or if you log out, of course ;)

I thought I was checking it, but maybe not... I'll try that! :thanks:

Jay
06-03-2007, 09:57 PM
I created two tournaments. One for Pacman, and one for Moon Lander. I put it for 4 players each.

Anyone wanna join?

I'm also in the SD Pong tourney; we need one more player in that one.

dryrunguy
06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
I created two tournaments. One for Pacman, and one for Moon Lander. I put it for 4 players each.

Anyone wanna join?

I'm also in the SD Pong tourney; we need one more player in that one.

I wouldn't play SD Pong if you held a GUN to my head... I HATE that game. LOL! Plus, it doesn't seem to like my mouse. LOL!

But I could probably be arm-twisted into entering the pacman tournament... Not that I'm any good at it... Trust me... I'd be what everyone else could perceive as "a damn GOOD draw"... ;)

Dry

Jay
06-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't play SD Pong if you held a GUN to my head... I HATE that game. LOL! Plus, it doesn't seem to like my mouse. LOL!

But I could probably be arm-twisted into entering the pacman tournament... Not that I'm any good at it... Trust me... I'd be what everyone else could perceive as "a damn GOOD draw"... ;)

Dry

Ooo. haha SD Pong hates my mouse as well. I'm what everyone could perceive as " A damn GOOD draw" as well! lol.

But yes, join Pacman! :D We need players!

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Damn, kirkus! So much for me chasing the Slingo Paralyzed Dice this month! What a monstrous score! That's an average of 325 per column! That's hard to do in a regular Yahtzee game!

Well done!

Asshole.:cheesy:

Dry

oploskoffie
06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
1300? That does my head in :freekingout: :notworthy: I was planning to get the Slingo score first before doing anything else outside the tournaments. Seeing Kirkus' score, I might as well be happy with third for this game and move on..........

:cool:

Kirkus
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Damn, kirkus! So much for me chasing the Slingo Paralyzed Dice this month! What a monstrous score! That's an average of 325 per column! That's hard to do in a regular Yahtzee game!

Well done!

Asshole.:cheesy:

Dry

1300? That does my head in :freekingout: :notworthy: I was planning to get the Slingo score first before doing anything else outside the tournaments. Seeing Kirkus' score, I might as well be happy with third for this game and move on..........

:cool:

I was sitting here playing that game going "Oh My God! What the hell?"

However, I'll take the credit. :cool:

Now I have my eyes set on putting morct in 2nd place on Yahtzee. :D

Kirkus
06-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Check that.

Dry's 341 ain't goin' down anytime soon.

Asshole. :)

--cj--
06-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I was playing Moon Lander last night for the tourney and had an AWESOME score going. The game lasted forEVER. When it finally ended, i got some crazy server error. The tourney showed me as having played one of my two entries, but there was no score. With a heavy sigh, my heart just wasn't in my second attempt. It was like Serena's listless performance in the Quarterfinals.

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 04:45 PM
LOL! That was really unexpected... I'm still not sure how I did it. That second Yahtzee (fives) didn't hurt. ;)

Dry

Kirkus
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I was playing Moon Lander last night for the tourney and had an AWESOME score going. The game lasted forEVER. When it finally ended, i got some crazy server error. The tourney showed me as having played one of my two entries, but there was no score. With a heavy sigh, my heart just wasn't in my second attempt. It was like Serena's listless performance in the Quarterfinals.

I'm sorry --cj--, that blows. We had some server problems.

Also, make sure when you log in that the "Remember me" box is checked. Otherwise if you're playing a really long game the forum will automatically log you out and when you go to submit your score it won't record it.

I am sorry about last night.

Kirkus
06-06-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL! That was really unexpected... I'm still not sure how I did it. That second Yahtzee (fives) didn't hurt. ;)

Dry

:blahblah:

:D

--cj--
06-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I am sorry about last night.

No worries!

What's this nonsense about someone scoring 58 in Hexagon???

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 04:53 PM

That kind of thing has happened to me before. Looks like kirkus has explained it. It just happens sometimes. But you're not alone.

Dry

oploskoffie
06-06-2007, 04:54 PM
No worries!

Sorry. Force of habbit.

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
No worries!

I still can't figure that game out...

Dry

oploskoffie
06-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I still can't figure that game out...

Dry

Time for Solitaire methinks ;)

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Time for Solitaire methinks ;)

I see you've been busy, Mr. Koffie. Bitch. Have fun! :cheesy:

oploskoffie
06-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I see you've been busy, Mr. Koffie. Bitch. Have fun! :cheesy:

Call me a man on a mission :p

dryrunguy
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Call me a man on a mission :p

You know, we banter back and forth in this thread... All of us... Trading kind barbs and encouraging others to do well... Congratulating one another, just as should be done in a modern society.

But if the truth be told, I bet we all really want to grind each other into tiny little pieces... :cheesy:

Someone should call Dr. Phil...

Dry

oploskoffie
06-06-2007, 05:58 PM
You know, we banter back and forth in this thread... All of us... Trading kind barbs and encouraging others to do well... Congratulating one another, just as should be done in a modern society.

But if the truth be told, I bet we all really want to grind each other into tiny little pieces... :cheesy:

Someone should call Dr. Phil...

Dry

http://members.lycos.nl/mrcawfee/tat/wevah.jpg

morct
06-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I was sitting here playing that game going "Oh My God! What the hell?"

However, I'll take the credit. :cool:

Now I have my eyes set on putting morct in 2nd place on Yahtzee. :D

DRY - how could you??????????

341 - very impressive!

I foresee carpal tunnel setting in before the end of the month trying to beat that, lol!

--cj--
06-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Melissa Auf Der Mar? Nice choice, OplosKoffie! Now, will you please give me your Hexxagon magic powers?

oploskoffie
06-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Melissa Auf Der Mar? Nice choice, OplosKoffie! Now, will you please give me your Hexxagon magic powers?

Play it like chess is all I can say. Horsie moves ;) And yeah, Melissa :lovestruck: About damn time she finishes her new album, though she might be waiting until way, way after Courtney gets hers out first.

JTContinental
06-07-2007, 11:11 AM
The discovery of this arcade has made me far less productive at work, I must say.

dryrunguy
06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
The discovery of this arcade has made me far less productive at work, I must say.

Work? What's that? I've caught myself wondering if I could fake a psychiatric disability and live off of Social Security...

Yeah, I know... Some of you are thinking there wouldn't be much faking involved. There. Beat you to it.

Nice score on Solitaire, Mr. Koffie. I can see what I'll be doing this evening.

Dry

oploskoffie
06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Nice score on Solitaire, Mr. Koffie. I can see what I'll be doing this evening.

Dry

Leave me alone already.

Jack
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Does someone have the solutions to BUG? That game is seriously going to institutionalize me.
:dizzy:

(And all of you thought I was already at the funny farm.)

Kirkus
06-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Does someone have the solutions to BUG? That game is seriously going to institutionalize me.

It is maddening, isn't it. I gave up about a month because I could take the headaches.

dryrunguy
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM

I ended up buying a can of Raid... Did the trick. ;)

Dry

Charlie02123
06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Ha! I'm actually good at that game. If there's a particular level you can't figure out, I should be able to give you tips. :)

Jack
06-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Ha! I'm actually good at that game. If there's a particular level you can't figure out, I should be able to give you tips. :)

Thanks - I may take you up on that. I figured out Level 14 tonight; stumped on 15 now. It may take a few days before I even see what 16 looks like!!

Charlie02123
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks - I may take you up on that. I figured out Level 14 tonight; stumped on 15 now. It may take a few days before I even see what 16 looks like!!

Ooh, you're getting up there. Now if I help you, you might beat my high score of 18!

Jack
06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Ooh, you're getting up there. Now if I help you, you might beat my high score of 18!

Sorry Charlie! I'm on Level 23 (or is it 24?) now... I'm a junkie!!

Charlie02123
06-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry Charlie! I'm on Level 23 (or is it 24?) now... I'm a junkie!!

Ohhh shit. Wait, can I say that? Fiddlesticks!

Charlie02123
06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Ohhh shit. Wait, can I say that? Fiddlesticks!

And you realize I have to kill you now, right?

--cj--
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
that bug game? my sad score will disappear after the month is up, right? i find the evidence incriminating.

--cj--
06-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey Dryrunguy, as the reigning Peguin Smacking King, I thought you might want to grab one of the remaining tournament spots open to re-emphasis your dominance over the tuxedo clad skippers.

Charlie02123
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Arggg! I just beat level 25 on bug and the score didn't register. I know the game took me a long time, but there is no way to get to that point in under an hour. Sigh...

Kirkus
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Arggg! I just beat level 25 on bug and the score didn't register. I know the game took me a long time, but there is no way to get to that point in under an hour. Sigh...

Do you have the "Remember Me?" box checked when you log in Charlie?

Charlie02123
06-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Do you have the "Remember Me?" box checked when you log in Charlie?

Yup!

dryrunguy
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Dryrunguy, as the reigning Peguin Smacking King, I thought you might want to grab one of the remaining tournament spots open to re-emphasis your dominance over the tuxedo clad skippers.

Oh jeez... Alright. I hate that game and it took me an hour to get a decent score, but for the cause... LOL!

Dry

Kirkus
06-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Yup!

I play Deuces Wild, many times for an hour or more. Just because I've heard stories like this, I keep a separate window open with TAT on it and click around every 10 minutes or so just to make sure I don't get logged off if I score high on the game.

Other than that, I don't have an answer. :(

Charlie02123
06-12-2007, 01:41 PM
I play Deuces Wild, many times for an hour or more. Just because I've heard stories like this, I keep a separate window open with TAT on it and click around every 10 minutes or so just to make sure I don't get logged off if I score high on the game.

Other than that, I don't have an answer. :(

That's a good idea. I had it like that, but tabbed instead of a different window. It's a moot point now, since I just nabbed my high score back (HA!) in bug.

oohsalmon
06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
After playing every game several times, I FINALLY broke through to a #1 in Ball of Madness.

The bonus things in that game have random values, and I happened upon more high ones than usual, but it seems like total luck of the draw, which I don't understand.

dryrunguy
06-15-2007, 10:28 PM
After playing every game several times, I FINALLY broke through to a #1 in Ball of Madness.

The bonus things in that game have random values, and I happened upon more high ones than usual, but it seems like total luck of the draw, which I don't understand.

650? That's an incredible score, salmon! No way I can beat that. I'll try, of course... But there's no way... LOL! That's extremely well done!

Dry

oploskoffie
06-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Oh. My. Gawd.

:shocked:

Oh well... There's always Dry's score to go after :D

Foxykhat
06-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Koffie what the HECK is wrong with you?!!! How the heck did you score 1042500 in Tetris?!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Foxy

oploskoffie
06-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Koffie what the HECK is wrong with you?!!! How the heck did you score 1042500 in Tetris?!!

Yeah, I know, it's dismal. I look to the left to see some tennis and when my head returns to the screen my bricks are stacked :p

;)

oohsalmon
06-18-2007, 01:39 PM
All of my submissions of decent pacman scores are met with errors, on multiple computers :( suggestions?

And how does one submit one's solitaire score?

dryrunguy
06-18-2007, 01:42 PM
All of my submissions of decent pacman scores are met with errors, on multiple computers :( suggestions?

And how does one submit one's solitaire score?

After you complete the board, click on "Congratulations". If you don't complete the board, then you don't get a score.

Dry

oploskoffie
06-21-2007, 01:54 PM

I've tripled it now, Foxy :D :lipsrsealed:

Seriously, just start at level 10. It doesn't go much faster after that - you just need to get into the rhythm of it and keep it low. Anything above 8 lines is a cause for worry.