PDA

View Full Version : TAT Arcade is online

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

JTContinental
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
I know my calling attention to it is just going to make people realize how vulnerable the top is, but I am absolutely thrilled with my month in the arcade thus far. Four high scores and a sixteen-point leaderboard lead on the seventeenth of the month are numbers I haven't come close to since August.

I feel like the John Daly of the Arcade.

Allez!

(Dry, have you figured out how the leaderboard works? You really should go for it.)

Speaking of, would you stop beating my %#*#&#ing Ace Blackjack score? I hate that game.

oohsalmon
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Speaking of, would you stop beating my %#*#&#ing Ace Blackjack score? I hate that game.

This last time I beat it, I swear it took like two minutes. I won about fifteen straight hands. :D

dryrunguy
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM

Oh... Thanks, JT. I forgot about that one. :cheesy:

Dry

oohsalmon
01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
LOL, it doesn't surprise me the least to go to bed with a 21-point lead over munchin for 1st in the leaderboard, then wake up down 24 to Koffie. :cool:. gelukwensen voor januari!

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 11:21 AM
LOL, it doesn't surprise me the least to go to bed with a 21-point lead over munchin for 1st in the leaderboard, then wake up down 24 to Koffie. :cool:. gelukwensen voor januari!

En bedankt :cool: Seriously, though, my goals for this month were different. After my 348 for Yahtzee not registering this morning, something snapped and I started by taking it out on Space Invaders and took it from there :p :lipsrsealed:

Jay
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
En bedankt :cool: Seriously, though, my goals for this month were different. After my 348 for Yahtzee not registering this morning, something snapped and I started by taking it out on Space Invaders and took it from there :p :lipsrsealed:
You took my moon lander score.

Te odio :cry: :mad:

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 01:38 PM
You took my moon lander score.

Te odio :cry: :mad:

Told you I would :kiss:

Jay
01-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Told you I would :kiss:
*sigh* it's ok. I'm just bummed because I've never gotten that high in Moon Lander :p I actually, like, TRIED in that game..which I rarely do :p

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 01:44 PM
*sigh* it's ok. I'm just bummed because I've never gotten that high in Moon Lander :p I actually, like, TRIED in that game..which I rarely do :p

If you can get 8400 the first time you actually try, imagine what you could do if you went nuts ;) Me, I want Seb's highscore within the next month or two.

dryrunguy
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey Koffie! Buzz off! :mad:

:p

Dry

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Hey Koffie! Buzz off! :mad:

Dry

No. Still got some targets in mind.

:kiss:

dryrunguy
01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
No. Still got some targets in mind.

:kiss:

You are evil. And you must be destroyed.

Dry

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM
You are evil. And you must be destroyed.

Dry

That was low - you say the same thing about Carillo.

:cry:

dryrunguy
01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
That was low - you say the same thing about Carillo.

:cry:

Keep stealing my scores and you'll be getting there! :cheesy:

Of course, it's all in good fun with you, Koffie.

Mary, however, is a different story. ;)

Dry

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Keep stealing my scores and you'll be getting there! :cheesy:

Of course, it's all in good fun with you, Koffie.

Mary, however, is a different story. ;)

Dry

You have your scores, I have mine.

Jay
01-19-2008, 02:08 PM
If you can get 8400 the first time you actually try, imagine what you could do if you went nuts ;) Me, I want Seb's highscore within the next month or two.
I get bored easily ..and end up making stupid mistakes when I'm bored in that game :p

oploskoffie
01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
I get bored easily ..and end up making stupid mistakes when I'm bored in that game :p

Focus you must, Grashopper, yes? Hmmmmmmmmm... :p

--cj--
01-20-2008, 07:56 AM
woah, i wake up to see Koffie went OFF on the arcade! Sheesh.

Jay
01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
I got almost 3,000 in quick words, and it didn't save :(

I guess it did that because i'm not on my home computer :undecided:
I didn't think I took that long, though. Oh well :cry:

atlpam
01-29-2008, 05:54 PM
So I'm thinking maybe, just maybe I can give Beau a run for his money in QuickWords before the month is out and then find out he raised the stakes to 60,000 :shocked:. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to beat that score. And please explain how "trijet" is a word but "jitter" isn't. :confused:

Philly10
01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
So I'm thinking maybe, just maybe I can give Beau a run for his money in QuickWords before the month is out and then find out he raised the stakes to 60,000 :shocked:. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to beat that score. And please explain how "trijet" is a word but "jitter" isn't. :confused:

I've been trying forever to catch those scores. I've gotten a lot better, but eventually I get a word that isn't real or I just have never seen before. One of these days I'll catch a good set of words.

munchin
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Go easy on me in that BoM final, dry. I'm out of practice. I haven't actually had to play against anyone yet, not that my scores were awful...

Jay
01-29-2008, 07:01 PM
:shocked: OMG

BJ is not human.

oploskoffie
02-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd ask you what your secret is, atlpam, but it's obvious it's speed. The skill thereof, of course, not the pills :rolleyes:

oohsalmon
02-03-2008, 11:47 PM
There's a new game in the arcade!

atlpam
02-04-2008, 04:33 AM
I'd ask you what your secret is, atlpam, but it's obvious it's speed. The skill thereof, of course, not the pills :rolleyes:

I'm going with years of experience;) (that and a good deal - the trick is only having to go through the deck once).

oploskoffie
02-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I'm going with years of experience;) (that and a good deal - the trick is only having to go through the deck once).

Anyone with a score under 60 probably does. You're just very... speedy ;)

atlpam
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Anyone with a score under 60 probably does. You're just very... speedy ;)

Glad I'm not a guy or that might be an insult :lipsrsealed:

oohsalmon
02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Dry, 673 is a phenomenal score with two pinks. Very nice!:toppie:

dryrunguy
02-10-2008, 11:13 PM
Dry, 673 is a phenomenal score with two pinks. Very nice!:toppie:

It's funny, salmon. The first two gems were pink. After the second one, I said, "Screw it, now I've gotta go for the gusto." And for the first time EVER, I kind of forgot that things were going well.

Had I started out with two or three golds, my fingers would have started to shake and I would have screwed it all up.

But when you get 3 or 4 golds, I'm toast.

Dry

oohsalmon
02-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Had I started out with two or three golds, my fingers would have started to shake and I would have screwed it all up.

But when you get 3 or 4 golds, I'm toast.

Dry

I feel that. I too have been Pavlovianly trained to suck at the sight of yellow.

Big, big if on the three or four golds ever happening, much less coinciding with a decent performance. :mad:

dryrunguy
02-11-2008, 09:25 AM
I hate you Philly10! :p Well done on the Mini-golf tournament!

Dry

Philly10
02-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I hate you Philly10! :p Well done on the Mini-golf tournament!

Dry

Thanks, but one of these months I'd like to have mini-golf high score.

dryrunguy
03-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Mr. Koffie, there's probably nothing we can do, but the DoND tournament just gave me the wrong score. I took the deal at $283K, but it turned out that it was $750K in my case. And then it gave me a score of $750K. So technically, my score was nearly three times TOO HIGH.

oploskoffie
03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Mr. Koffie, there's probably nothing we can do, but the DoND tournament just gave me the wrong score. I took the deal at $283K, but it turned out that it was $750K in my case. And then it gave me a score of $750K. So technically, my score was nearly three times TOO HIGH.

I've had something similar happen once. Odd game.

Anyways. If there are no objections, I say we believe you got the offer you mention and you go through anyway. As for the score, as that is in tournament play and it doesn't count towards leaderboard rankings, there's no damage done there.

dryrunguy
03-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I've had something similar happen once. Odd game.

Anyways. If there are no objections, I say we believe you got the offer you mention and you go through anyway. As for the score, as that is in tournament play and it doesn't count towards leaderboard rankings, there's no damage done there.

But what if my opponent (TBD) beats $283K but not $750K? Wouldn't I be the one who advances? Is there any way to override my score in case that happens?

oploskoffie
03-16-2008, 08:33 AM
But what if my opponent (TBD) beats $283K but not $750K? Wouldn't I be the one who advances? Is there any way to override my score in case that happens?

Whoa, hang on. I now see you scored 750K in the semis as well. Ehm, that becomes a problem. Ehm, we'll have to see how your opponent does. If whoever advances beats $283 but not $750, there may be a way to get the right person through. It's a bit of a hassle (still waiting on that one magical update that lets me do whatever the hell I want for the Arcade :rolleyes:) but I believe I can get it sorted. Keep me updated on the tourney, if you will ;)

dryrunguy
03-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Whoa, hang on. I now see you scored 750K in the semis as well. Ehm, that becomes a problem. Ehm, we'll have to see how your opponent does. If whoever advances beats $283 but not $750, there may be a way to get the right person through. It's a bit of a hassle (still waiting on that one magical update that lets me do whatever the hell I want for the Arcade :rolleyes:) but I believe I can get it sorted. Keep me updated on the tourney, if you will ;)

Sorry. Yeah, it was the semi I was talking about. The first round was fair game. I'll keep you posted. I hope you can get it sorted out without too much bother. I like to win, but not that way.

oploskoffie
03-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Sorry. Yeah, it was the semi I was talking about. The first round was fair game. I'll keep you posted. I hope you can get it sorted out without too much bother. I like to win, but not that way.

Agreed.

Now then, I need a talk with my shrink. Throwing six big Yahtzees in one game and still scoring below 300 just kills me.

oploskoffie
05-01-2008, 05:15 AM
247 Golf is temporarily offline. I'll be installing/testing a new, proper golf game tonight. Fingers crossed!

Oh, and the same now goes for Battleship :D

oploskoffie
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
The new golf game is online... and it seems to be working fine!! :banana:

Big screen. Real trees. Fun winds. Lots of water. Bunkers. Sheesh... I might actually be happy! :D

oploskoffie
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
The new Battleship is now also online.

:banana:

oploskoffie
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Something completely new: quick math anyone? Try "Add Like Mad". The name says it all. :)

Jay
05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Something completely new: quick math anyone? Try "Add Like Mad". The name says it all. :)

Math is the devil, but that sounds like fun :)

Kirkus
05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Yippee!!

Thanks for the upgrades, Mr. Oplo!!

atlpam
05-01-2008, 10:53 AM

Can't wait to try this one (I just hope it's quicker than the misnomered "quick" words)

oploskoffie
05-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Can't wait to try this one (I just hope it's quicker than the misnomered "quick" words)

Oh, it is. No worries :D

oploskoffie
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Beau... That Simon score of yours... Wow, just wow. Oh, and the term "sick" comes to mind :p ;)

oploskoffie
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
The new golf game seems to be rather popular. It's already passed three of the much, much older games in the Arcade's "most played" list. Nice :)

beaujarkko
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Beau... That Simon score of yours... Wow, just wow. Oh, and the term "sick" comes to mind :p ;)

Thanks ;) I was really amazed. And yet, somehow, I was disappointed, lol.

Oh, and that golf game... I scored a 38, which is my only sub-48 score :-P

oploskoffie
05-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks ;) I was really amazed. And yet, somehow, I was disappointed, lol.

Oh, and that golf game... I scored a 38, which is my only sub-48 score :-P

So far ;) I'm sure you'll be back to kick ass, forcing me to get me off my lazy butt to try harder, as will Philly.

beaujarkko
05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I'd be more worried about Philly, who figured out that 247 golf game really quickly.

beaujarkko
05-18-2008, 07:41 AM
Good thing I effing drew Koffie in the Midi Golf tournament. I was really proud of my 40, too.

oploskoffie
05-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Good thing I effing drew Koffie in the Midi Golf tournament. I was really proud of my 40, too.

:o

there's no right thing to say now, is there?

beaujarkko
05-19-2008, 09:21 AM

:o

there's no right thing to say now, is there?

Somehow, that was it. :D

oploskoffie
05-19-2008, 09:45 AM
I'd be more worried about Philly, who figured out that 247 golf game really quickly.

Philly will probably be the first to score 18.

:lipsrsealed:

beaujarkko
05-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Philly will probably be the first to score 18.

:lipsrsealed:

Or at least 34...

Philly10
05-20-2008, 06:36 AM
Or at least 34...

I doubt this score will hold up for too long. Its just a matter of not getting too much wind and avoiding the water.

oploskoffie
05-20-2008, 08:31 AM
I doubt this score will hold up for too long. Its just a matter of not getting too much wind and avoiding the water.

I'm pretty good as far as staying out of the water goes. Me, I get stuck in trees :o

beaujarkko
05-27-2008, 06:07 AM
I'm pretty good as far as staying out of the water goes. Me, I get stuck in trees :o

I hate the trees. Sooooo much. That's why that hole where the trees surround the cup is my least favorite. It can die.

--cj--
05-27-2008, 09:45 AM
whew, that PacMan tourney is a war of attrition on one side. my only chance is if Dry pulls some sort of miracle that he can't reproduce in the final. or if both Koffie and Dry get distracted by something really shiny for three days.

oploskoffie
05-27-2008, 11:27 AM
whew, that PacMan tourney is a war of attrition on one side. my only chance is if Dry pulls some sort of miracle that he can't reproduce in the final. or if both Koffie and Dry get distracted by something really shiny for three days.

I hope Dry tries for the miracle. And whoever reaches the final, well... You never know what might happen! :)

mmmm8
06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
So, I'm playing color jumper and something glitches and I end up with a 1.02945566047E+15 score

Try and beat it!

oploskoffie
06-08-2008, 10:43 PM
That's a great score for you - but bad news for that game's future on TAT :rolleyes:

beaujarkko
06-09-2008, 04:06 AM
So, I'm playing color jumper and something glitches and I end up with a 1.02945566047E+15 score

Try and beat it!

Omigod. I just saw it; that's hilarious. Nice job m8!

dryrunguy
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey, suliso! You're still alive in the Midi Golf tournament. It hadn't advanced me to the final after you finished your last game, so I clicked on the link to advance the winner. (Staff can see the link in case there are problems that need to be fixed.)

It advanced you. LOL! So enjoy. :)

oploskoffie
06-22-2008, 05:33 AM
I just beat the crap out of Pool Jam and I'm still perplexed. :shocked: I cleared three racks within the first minute and actually made mess of things in the final minute, which leaves me to believe scoring over 90K is possible.

I need a drink now.

Philly10
06-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I just beat the crap out of Pool Jam and I'm still perplexed. :shocked: I cleared three racks within the first minute and actually made mess of things in the final minute, which leaves me to believe scoring over 90K is possible.

I need a drink now.

I'm incredibly impressed with that score. I thought mine was good enough to last (and in fact it was higher than whats listed as the all time high score). Then you go and destroy that by over 10,000!?!?

Out of curiousity, how many racks did you get through?

oploskoffie
06-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm incredibly impressed with that score. I thought mine was good enough to last (and in fact it was higher than whats listed as the all time high score). Then you go and destroy that by over 10,000!?!?

Out of curiousity, how many racks did you get through?

All I clearly remember is the first minute, which was good for three completed racks. The first rack in that minute went down in about 14 seconds, which is a new personal best (previous was 16 seconds). After that, it's hazy :o I'd say about 13 racks, most of which runouts. The last one I didn't complete and it was a real mess. I spent at least the last twenty seconds trying for two balls :lipsrsealed:

oploskoffie
06-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Personal goals for the Arcade in 2008:

Score over 20K at Fruit Smash
Score over 75K at Pool Jam
Score near or over 20 million at Alpha Force
Score over 25 million at Tetris
Score over 200K at Pac Man

Learn how not to get frustrated to death by Frogger

Beat Dry at Mahjong

I just rememberd I had some goals at the start of the Arcade year :rolleyes:

Well, one down, just a couple to go! Morct? The hunt for Fruit Smash is on :cool:

oploskoffie
06-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Philly... I just proved my Pool Jam 90K+ theory to be correct :o:lipsrsealed:

beaujarkko
06-26-2008, 09:27 AM
BTW, I feel stupid having the highest number of high scores in the arcade. Usually I'm third or fourth. Dry, koffie, you need to start getting some more high scores (that aren't mine...) ;)

--cj--
06-26-2008, 09:35 AM
BTW, I feel stupid having the highest number of high scores in the arcade. Usually I'm third or fourth. Dry, koffie, you need to start getting some more high scores (that aren't mine...) ;)

shhhh... don't antagonize them!

oploskoffie
06-26-2008, 09:54 AM

I'm fully expecting Dry to go for his usual end-of-the-month drive-by highscore haul :p

Philly10
06-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Philly... I just proved my Pool Jam 90K+ theory to be correct :o:lipsrsealed:

What, you can't get to 100K???

Oh and I officially give up ever trying to win at Pool Jam.

dryrunguy
06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm fully expecting Dry to go for his usual end-of-the-month drive-by highscore haul :p

I just don't have that drive this month. I don't know what's wrong. Midi-Golf has really pissed me off, too, as I watch nice, slow, perfectly hit shots roll OVER the hole...

And I'm really enjoying Quick Words. I have no shot at a high score, but I find it really fun, so I tend to be more drawn to it.

It's just a strange month for me where the arcade is concerned. There's no competitive fire in the belly at the moment.

oploskoffie
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
What, you can't get to 100K???

Oh and I officially give up ever trying to win at Pool Jam.

100K is going to be very, very hard. I missed just one ball this time, but took too long overall. Pushing things speedwise makes me very likely to make more errors. But hey: I'll try :D And I hope you keep trying too, Philly. Each month comes with a new set of opportunities and I greatly welcome the good fight :)

oploskoffie
06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I just don't have that drive this month. I don't know what's wrong. Midi-Golf has really pissed me off, too, as I watch nice, slow, perfectly hit shots roll OVER the hole...

And I'm really enjoying Quick Words. I have no shot at a high score, but I find it really fun, so I tend to be more drawn to it.

It's just a strange month for me where the arcade is concerned. There's no competitive fire in the belly at the moment.

:(:(

But, I understand. Been there myself. Part of the reason why I'm shifting my focus to specific games at the moment - different kind of challenge.

morct
06-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I just rememberd I had some goals at the start of the Arcade year :rolleyes:

Well, one down, just a couple to go! Morct? The hunt for Fruit Smash is on :cool:

Bring it on. :D

oohsalmon
07-14-2008, 05:36 AM
The Add Like Mad tournament has been waiting for over two months now...

Can two nice TATeurs please join it? :)

Jay
07-14-2008, 05:49 AM

I would, but I suck at add like mad :(
Actually, I suck at all of the games now.

It's sad.:p:(

--cj--
07-16-2008, 11:46 AM
i am so Elena Dementieva when it comes to Arcade tourney finals. i choked in two today alone. i mean, congratulations to my opponents for being the better player today. sigh.

oploskoffie
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
i am so Elena Dementieva when it comes to Arcade tourney finals. i choked in two today alone. i mean, congratulations to my opponents for being the better player today. sigh.

:(

If it makes you feel any better, I tend to choke as well. Badly.

mwoods
07-16-2008, 12:12 PM

I would have gone with Kuzzy, but I still feel your pain.

In other arcade news, archery is the bane of my existence.

atlpam
07-16-2008, 12:21 PM

I'm lousy, but at least you don't have to give any byes to the second round.

oploskoffie
07-16-2008, 01:54 PM
By the way... Am I allowed to enter the Tetris competition? :o

dryrunguy
10-21-2008, 08:15 PM
We seem to have a problem with one of the Yahtzee tournaments. Is it fixable?

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=251

JTContinental
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=251

The 4 game one is screwy, too. I should have advanced to the semis; instead it advanced Charlie in my place, who was a)already eliminated and b) was on the opposite side of the draw from me.

oploskoffie
11-19-2008, 08:54 AM

The answer to this was a resounding "no". As a result, this tournament was deleted from existence.

The same will probably happen to the remaining one running at this time as well, with morct and philly10 stuck on zero and no way out :(

dryrunguy
11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
The answer to this was a resounding "no". As a result, this tournament was deleted from existence.

The same will probably happen to the remaining one running at this time as well, with morct and philly10 stuck on zero and no way out :(

Is there any rhyme or reason to when this happens? Like it only seems to happen on Yahtzee 1/1 tournaments?

I've seen situations before when the draw gets mucked up when there are still people to play in the first round and then straightens itself out when things get caught up. But then sometimes it doesn't.

Have morct and philly tried to play their games?

oploskoffie
11-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Is there any rhyme or reason to when this happens? Like it only seems to happen on Yahtzee 1/1 tournaments?

I've seen situations before when the draw gets mucked up when there are still people to play in the first round and then straightens itself out when things get caught up. But then sometimes it doesn't.

Haven't read/found any fixable explanations yet, which is a bit of a shame. I hadn't looked at the specific Yahtzee 1/1 game situation yet, so maybe there's something to be found in that area. I'm sticking a memo on my monitor as I type the rest of this post with my left hand ;)

Morct and Philly have definitely tried to play their games, yet they remain stuck at zero after they had the same score the first time around. We've had tied scores before, but the game would register subsequent scores as opposed to the mess we have now. Urgh.

dryrunguy
11-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Haven't read/found any fixable explanations yet, which is a bit of a shame. I hadn't looked at the specific Yahtzee 1/1 game situation yet, so maybe there's something to be found in that area. I'm sticking a memo on my monitor as I type the rest of this post with my left hand ;)

Morct and Philly have definitely tried to play their games, yet they remain stuck at zero after they had the same score the first time around. We've had tied scores before, but the game would register subsequent scores as opposed to the mess we have now. Urgh.

I just started another 1/1 Yahtzee tournament. They seem to usually work. But I'm going to keep an eye specifically on those. And if things get mucked up on another tournament format (like 3 tries), then we can throw that possibility out.

Maybe we should bring this up in the religion thread! Surely someone will have a divine explanation! :cheesy:

oploskoffie
11-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I just started another 1/1 Yahtzee tournament. They seem to usually work. But I'm going to keep an eye specifically on those. And if things get mucked up on another tournament format (like 3 tries), then we can throw that possibility out.

Maybe we should bring this up in the religion thread! Surely someone will have a divine explanation! :cheesy:

You started more than just that, and I entered every single one :p And we're on the same side of the draw each time, I believe :p

Father Koffie has nothing to say at this time :rolleyes:

Philly10
11-20-2008, 07:12 AM

We tied our first time playing at 251. So it reset us to 0 and every time I tried to play again, it gave me a score of 251, regardless of what score I actually achieved. I think the same thing happened to morct, who graciously bowed out of the tournament to fix the problem.

oploskoffie
11-20-2008, 08:57 AM
We tied our first time playing at 251. So it reset us to 0 and every time I tried to play again, it gave me a score of 251, regardless of what score I actually achieved. I think the same thing happened to morct, who graciously bowed out of the tournament to fix the problem.

And so she did! Thank you morct! :kiss:

Martini4me
11-25-2008, 05:25 PM

Is this something like the base jumping tournament? I think I've won my first round match, but it hasn't advanced me to the finals.

oploskoffie
12-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Is this something like the base jumping tournament? I think I've won my first round match, but it hasn't advanced me to the finals.

You have been advanced - it's time for the final!!

Kirkus
12-13-2008, 11:09 PM
344 on Yahtzee!! Who'd you have to sleep with?

dryrunguy
12-13-2008, 11:25 PM
344 on Yahtzee!! Who'd you have to sleep with?

Mary Carillo. :o

Kirkus
12-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Mary Carillo. :o

Oh Christ! Was it worth it?

dryrunguy
12-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Oh Christ! Was it worth it?

I just got back from the emergency room. Does that answer your question?

:mad:

mwoods
12-13-2008, 11:52 PM

Shouldn't have gone for the Large Straight. :undecided:

missinandre
12-14-2008, 06:18 AM

Oh yuck. I hope you managed to relax her a little bit.....

dryrunguy
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
So what's the deal, morct? First you disqualify yourself when you get into a tie in Yahtzee. Now you've started disqualifying yourself because you got a crappy score? :cheesy:

morct
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
So what's the deal, morct? First you disqualify yourself when you get into a tie in Yahtzee. Now you've started disqualifying yourself because you got a crappy score? :cheesy:

Got a bit carried away pressing buttons there!

dryrunguy
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Got a bit carried away pressing buttons there!

Oh! LOL!

Charlie02123
03-04-2009, 12:56 PM
BTW, when someone ties in Yahtzee, they should just enter into a 2 person tournament with one try. It'll be sudden death.

Kirkus
03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
TalkAboutTennis.com
***The Home of Sudden Death Yahtzee***

I like it!

Charlie02123
03-04-2009, 06:24 PM
:)

dryrunguy
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Three Majhong tournament victories in a row! It's amazing what can happen when you break a streak of getting one clearly unwinnable game after another!

Madame
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Three Majhong tournament victories in a row! It's amazing what can happen when you break a streak of getting one clearly unwinnable game after another!

:asshole:

dryrunguy
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Um, I would like to apologize to everyone for the problems I'm causing in the arcade by trying to reset the scores for the month. So if you're playing a non-tournament game (they're fine), your score will get deleted when someone who actually knows what he's doing gets them all deleted.

My apologies. :o

Jay
05-31-2009, 07:30 PM
I just want to say that I hate you all for being better at all of the games than I am :p

munchin
05-31-2009, 10:02 PM
I left you a surprise in the Asteroid game, Morancito. :cheesy:

dryrunguy
07-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I have most rottenest luck in Yahtzee tournament finals! :mad:

elisat
07-08-2009, 12:18 AM
I have most rottenest luck in Yahtzee tournament finals! :mad:

Yeah, I can't say so because you avoid me to reach the final once and again

elisat
07-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Why does Dry only go beyond 300 points when he plays Yahtzee against ME?

dryrunguy
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Why does Dry only go beyond 300 points when he plays Yahtzee against ME?

:o It really does only seem to happen only when we're against each other.

But don't fret... That pretty much guarantees I won't get above 200 in the finals. :rolleyes:

elisat
07-27-2009, 09:41 AM
:o It really does only seem to happen only when we're against each other.

But don't fret... That pretty much guarantees I won't get above 200 in the finals. :rolleyes:

See, I can't even say that I lost to the eventual champion!!!

dryrunguy
07-27-2009, 09:46 AM
See, I can't even say that I lost to the eventual champion!!!

Such distinctions are reserved for Lleyton Hewitt. ;)

Togtdyalttai
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
He does that against me too, elisat. :(

elisat
07-27-2009, 11:54 AM
He does that against me too, elisat. :(

Shut up, you are the one that consistently hits 320+, Tog.

dryrunguy
07-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Shut up, you are the one that consistently hits 320+, Tog.

:hyst:

elisat
07-27-2009, 12:44 PM

Oh no, you just did it again!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dryrunguy
07-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Oh no, you just did it again!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oops.

elisat
07-28-2009, 02:45 AM
Oops.

I can't but laugh. Please notice my last performance against you.

dryrunguy
07-28-2009, 05:59 AM
I can't but laugh. Please notice my last performance against you.

What happened? Did you lose your internet connection mid-game or something?

elisat
07-28-2009, 06:09 AM
What happened? Did you lose your internet connection mid-game or something?

I have just notices I screwed up the thing. I got less points than you did and probably forgot to hit the Submit score button :o

dryrunguy
07-28-2009, 06:20 AM
I have just notices I screwed up the thing. I got less points than you did and probably forgot to hit the Submit score button :o

Ah. My favorite it when I finally get a Yahtzee and then click on the wrong box and end up getting a 0 for my large straight. :rolleyes:

elisat
07-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Ah. My favorite it when I finally get a Yahtzee and then click on the wrong box and end up getting a 0 for my large straight. :rolleyes:

btw, not sure if someone can fix this so you can go all the way to lose again in the final to win the whole thing.

dryrunguy
07-28-2009, 06:54 AM
btw, not sure if someone can fix this so you can go all the way to lose again in the final to win the whole thing.

LOL! Yup, I was able to fix this one.

Togtdyalttai
07-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow, I've never seen a tie in Yahtzee before, but it happened between Elisa and me, and I guess the scores just reset then.

elisat
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, I've never seen a tie in Yahtzee before, but it happened between Elisa and me, and I guess the scores just reset then.

It has happened to me in the past but never when I had such a high score. I was wondering what had happened to it :rolleyes: Glad that I got another 300+ again :cheesy: And don't even dare to beat me!!!!

Togtdyalttai
07-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately I didn't, but it shows the old score as my final score. Weird.

elisat
08-07-2009, 07:38 AM
One of the Yahtzee tournaments hasn't advanced me to next round (which is actually pretty amazing with the score I got and that I was playing against Tog:o)

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=viewtourney&tid=912

Can anyone help please?

dryrunguy
08-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Fixed!

elisat
08-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Fixed!
Thanks!

Togtdyalttai
08-07-2009, 10:07 AM
I know why that happened: it's because it didn't let me play my second game (the screen was white) and so I tried to refresh it.

Togtdyalttai
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I just won my match in the current Solitare Golf SLingo tourney but was instead "eliminated" in the bracket. What can be done about this?

dryrunguy
08-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I just won my match in the current Solitare Golf SLingo tourney but was instead "eliminated" in the bracket. What can be done about this?

There's no way I know of to fix a tournament when it does something like this.

I started another one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PeterSkan
08-12-2009, 08:00 AM
I busted natinal treasure Pinballl. There's more than 1 way to score the really big points. Twice I've had my ball caught in the sun, but there's a second even more powerful way that takes you into 8 digits. After 30 minutes of this [and doing household chores in the meantime], after passing 35,000,000 [yes, thirty-five, not 3.5M], I grew impatient and tried to break out. I scrolled down and back, and that lost me my flipper power [scrolling down also disturbs some of the other arcade games]. The points kept accumulating nonetheless. Finally, I went through the F-keys. I guess F5 refreshes the page, because that truncated the game. So I lost my all-time high score - but that's Ok because it wasn't anything I was doing per se.

My adult son witnessed this and urged me to leave it alone, but what would happen when the game reached the point limit? I haven't the patience to wait a game out that long. It's more enjoyable to be actually playing the game and posting a good score by keeping the ball in play with the flippers.

dryrunguy
08-12-2009, 08:04 AM
I busted natinal treasure Pinballl. There's more than 1 way to score the really big points. Twice I've had my ball caught in the sun, but there's a second even more powerful way that takes you into 8 digits. After 30 minutes of this [and doing household chores in the meantime], after passing 35,000,000 [yes, thirty-five, not 3.5M], I grew impatient and tried to break out. I scrolled down and back, and that lost me my flipper power [scrolling down also disturbs some of the other arcade games]. The points kept accumulating nonetheless. Finally, I went through the F-keys. I guess F5 refreshes the page, because that truncated the game. So I lost my all-time high score - but that's Ok because it wasn't anything I was doing per se.

My adult son witnessed this and urged me to leave it alone, but what would happen when the game reached the point limit? I haven't the patience to wait a game out that long. It's more enjoyable to be actually playing the game and posting a good score by keeping the ball in play with the flippers.

A similar thing happened when I got 8 million, but I managed to find a way out without killing the game. But I can't remember what it was. :o

PeterSkan
08-12-2009, 08:38 AM
A similar thing happened when I got 8 million, but I managed to find a way out without killing the game. But I can't remember what it was. :o

The two times my ball got caught in the sun, it worked its way out on its own. This time, the ball was outside of the sun, but bouncing in a pattern with the sun that just didn't look lke it would quit. Still, since the scores can go into 8 digits, this might well be by design and the game might be programmed to exit the pattern at a certain point ... but who's got the patience to see? I guess I just should have left for the day and checked in after work.

That said, I have reason to believe that there might be the possibility of big scores from a repeating pattern on the right side of the game over in the hieroglyphics.

I just wanted to move up in the standings, and was a bit frustrated that my big score was nullified.

elisat
09-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Not sure what's going on in one of the Yahtzee tournaments. Charlie has 0 points but apparently has already played ??? If so, I should have advanced but I'm stuck.

dryrunguy
09-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Not sure what's going on in one of the Yahtzee tournaments. Charlie has 0 points but apparently has already played ??? If so, I should have advanced but I'm stuck.

Fixed!

elisat
09-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Fixed!

Must say that this arcade Customer Service is excellent!!!

dryrunguy
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Must say that this arcade Customer Service is excellent!!!

You're welcome!

And if anyone's not around, you can always reach us toll-free at 1-888-UADDICT. ;)

elisat
09-25-2009, 02:59 PM
You're welcome!

And if anyone's not around, you can always reach us toll-free at 1-888-UADDICT. ;)

Can I use it for other additions too?
:cheesy:

dryrunguy
09-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Can I use it for other additions too?
:cheesy:

Everything except Farmville. ;)

luvs10s
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Everything except Farmville.

*snort*

I'm now addicted to Mafia Wars. Who knew there was a thug lurking inside!

oploskoffie
02-25-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm amazed that after playing Pool Jam for so long, there's still a challenge in it and a bit of fun as well. It has become my "5-minutes-a-day distraction" at work and an always welcome change of pace when I'm doing things around the house. With Philly and PeterSkan still at it as well, month after month, and all of us still managing to improve, I hope we can keep that going for a little while longer at the very least.

The extra bonus that comes from this is that when I'm visiting certain other boards which host this game as well, or variations of it (there's a 2 minute, 10 minute and 1,5 minute with reset version as well) I get to be a real highscore bastard :p :o

Still can't explain the Yahtzee obsession of a few people here :cheesy: :o

sblanc
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello fellow tennis fanatics,
I've just got me iPad and am trying to play my favorite games. But nô joy. what App do I need to play say Connect 4 and Yahtzee?
Also whist I'm at it , what Ap do I need to watch tennis streaming on fromsportcom.com.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
S

oploskoffie
03-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Good evening sblanc! The one thing you need to play these games, which the iPad doesn't run, is Flash. I've read some things about there being some tools (downloads) which will enable iPads to translate Flash into HTML5 (which iPads DO recognize), but don't ask me for the specifics :o

No idea about the streaming media question...

Kirkus
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately the assholes at Apple doesn't want to play nice with everyone. Flash, which is needed for our arcade and many other online games won't run on an iPad/iTouch/iPhone unless the device is "jail broken", meaning the operating system is modified. Jail breaking a device is essentially a hack and I won't do it to my iPad.

I'm also pretty sure that YouTube videos (maybe Facebook too) are the only videos that will play on these Apple devices.

:(

sblanc
03-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Merci Opplo and Kirkus,
:thanks::thanks:Damn and damn, now thats gone and taken Some of thé fun out of my new toy. Shall just have to stay with me old pc for TAT and tennis. Sniff.
And
Whist I'm here, Thank you Kirkus, for thé hours of fun That TAT provides and you Opplo, and the rest of the team,fo playing a large part of the entertainment and organisation.
I truly enjoy all your work and appreciate it.
Merci
s

Kirkus
03-30-2011, 10:13 AM
You're welcome. :)

And congratulations on your new toy! Even with it's few quirks I wouldn't give mine up for anything. I've really come to count on it. Hope you enjoy it!!

Woody
03-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Ooooh... Skeeball with a touchscreen!

dryrunguy
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
We need one more person for four Yahtzee tournaments. Feel free to join!