PDA

View Full Version : TAT Arcade is online

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

dryrunguy
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Did I get it? Thanks, salmon! I got a pretty lucky set of jewels (sounds dirty)... two gold, one pink and one blue.

A jewel-less match would be A LOT of fun! Wish there was some way to do that, but I doubt it.

But trust me, you'll win next time. ;) Again, thanks for the shout out, my friend.

Dry

munchin
09-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Dry, I tied you in the yahtzee tournament. What happens if you don't beat me in your last turn? (Please don't make the question moot)

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Dry, I tied you in the yahtzee tournament. What happens if you don't beat me in your last turn? (Please don't make the question moot)

I have no idea... Anyone else know?:confused:

Dry

Jay
09-28-2007, 12:06 AM
I have no idea... Anyone else know?:confused:

Dry

you both get an extra turn to break the tie...basically, you play a tiebreaker.

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 12:08 AM
you both get an extra turn to break the tie...basically, you play a tiebreaker.

But munchin hasn't played the fourth game yet... Let's get that one out of the way first and see what happens. I played my fourth game to close that loop. Let's see what happens after munchin's fourth game is over.

Dry

Jay
09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
But munchin hasn't played the fourth game yet... Let's get that one out of the way first and see what happens. I played my fourth game to close that loop. Let's see what happens after munchin's fourth game is over.

Dry

oh, well I didn't know that. I thought Munchin had used up all of his tries.

well in that case, you'll have to see what happens..

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM

I don't know what it'll do... The rest of the arcade favors the person who got the score first, but I don't know if that works in tournaments or not. that would be good for me in this case, but I really just don't know how this will unfold.

Dry

oploskoffie
09-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know what it'll do... The rest of the arcade favors the person who got the score first, but I don't know if that works in tournaments or not. that would be good for me in this case, but I really just don't know how this will unfold.

Dry

It's like Jessie said: if the scores are tied after each players has used his/her initial tries, you each get an extra try. It happened between munchin and I in the Hexxagon tournament. We were tied at 34 and in the "breaker" he had the nerve to score 35. :p

munchin
09-28-2007, 11:30 AM

Oops, I thought I'd played all my games already. I doubt I'll break 320, though. One way to find out...

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 11:33 AM
It's like Jessie said: if the scores are tied after each players has used his/her initial tries, you each get an extra try. It happened between munchin and I in the Hexxagon tournament. We were tied at 34 and in the "breaker" he had the nerve to score 35. :p

So whomever gets the highest score in the extra try advances? BLEH!!! I already know I'm screwed!!! LOL! I just don't have that kind of luck.

Dry

oploskoffie
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
So whomever gets the highest score in the extra try advances? BLEH!!! I already know I'm screwed!!! LOL! I just don't have that kind of luck.

Dry

No, I actually think you keep trying and trying until one beats the tied score. With the target being 320, I pity the both of you :p

dryrunguy
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
No, I actually think you keep trying and trying until one beats the tied score. With the target being 320, I pity the both of you :p

Oh Good God... :mad: Munchin, are you TRYING to annoy me??? :cheesy:

Dry

munchin
09-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Oh Good God... :mad: Munchin, are you TRYING to annoy me??? :cheesy:

Dry

Trying? No. It's pretty effortless. :cheesy:

oploskoffie
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM
LOL @ Dry and SD Pong :cheesy:

You've SO earned that one :shocked: :cheesy:

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 03:13 PM
LOL @ Dry and SD Pong :cheesy:

You've SO earned that one :shocked: :cheesy:

I got a lot done while I was letting it do its thing. Have you found the sweet spot yet?

Dry

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 05:25 PM
That was an awesome score in the Mahjong tournament, justme. Very well done!

Dry

Justme
09-30-2007, 06:36 PM
That was an awesome score in the Mahjong tournament, justme. Very well done!

Dry

*runs to the Arcade* :shocked:
Thank you dry. I have to bring my best to beat you in Mahjong. A worthy opponent.

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 06:41 PM
*runs to the Arcade* :shocked:
Thank you dry. I have to bring my best to beat you in Mahjong. A worthy opponent.

Aw, thanks. I look forward to the day when we have mahjong tiles we can actually SEE... I feel like Stevie Wonder. And when I have a fully functiong mouse. This one started going on the fritz two days ago... But it works well enough to keep me from running out and buying another and wasting two or three good arcade days at the end of the month to get used to a new mouse. :)

Dry

oohsalmon
09-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Aw, thanks. I look forward to the day when we have mahjong tiles we can actually SEE... I feel like Stevie Wonder. And when I have a fully functiong mouse. This one started going on the fritz two days ago... But it works well enough to keep me from running out and buying another and wasting two or three good arcade days at the end of the month to get used to a new mouse. :)

Dry

Word, can we start up the insurgence to get a new mahjong game? The lack of shuffle kills me. I feel like I have horrendous luck when it comes to boards, because I'm about 0 for 20 this month, and I am good at all the other mah jong games out there.

Tscott415
09-30-2007, 08:36 PM
one game just me.......dont do well on it......BLOW IT....CHOKE!!!! to title to me!!!

Justme
09-30-2007, 09:37 PM
one game just me.......dont do well on it......BLOW IT....CHOKE!!!! to title to me!!!

Your wish is my command :rolleyes:
Congrats Tscott415.

munchin
09-30-2007, 10:58 PM
So, dry, how about that Yahtzee tournament? I'm almost positive you're going to win. In all my 7 or so attempts to beat the 320, I've yet to top like maybe 240. I'm very frustrated.

dryrunguy
09-30-2007, 11:48 PM
So, dry, how about that Yahtzee tournament? I'm almost positive you're going to win. In all my 7 or so attempts to beat the 320, I've yet to top like maybe 240. I'm very frustrated.

It just depends on who catches it at the right time. It'll give something to someone at some point... It's just a matter of who gets the break.

Meanwhile, I'm miffed that I've gotten 323.5 on Smack the Penguin TWICE, and it hasn't recorded my score either time. It shows my best score as 261. I've been that 25 times in the last hour. :mad: So I give up.

Dry

atlpam
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Help!
The Mahjong tournament is confused :confused:

oohsalmon must have been otherwise occupied and didn't play or got a couple bad boards. Anyway, it says 2 of 2 completed with a score of 0, and yet both of us are green for the 1st round and it did not advance me so I have no way of playing the next round.

Can anyone out there help?

oploskoffie
10-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Can anyone out there help?

Been done! Now Tscott really needs to hurry :lipsrsealed:

beaujarkko
10-01-2007, 06:55 PM
So --cj-- thinks he's all that and a bag of chips for getting the highest score possible on Connect 4. Just remember cj, I got it first two months ago ;)

morct
10-02-2007, 01:49 AM

A 5th set without a tiebreaker equivalent in the Yahtzee tournament??

atlpam
10-02-2007, 05:37 AM
Been done! Now Tscott really needs to hurry :lipsrsealed:

Thanks!
Unfortunately for me justme has set a very high standard in Mahjong, but it's my first time in a final, so I'll just try to do my best and hope for a little luck :)

--cj--
10-02-2007, 12:05 PM
So --cj-- thinks he's all that and a bag of chips for getting the highest score possible on Connect 4. Just remember cj, I got it first two months ago ;)

:o

I didn't even know there was a max high score for that game. I just wanted some respect from the salmon.

munchin
10-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes! Finally! It's on you, dry.

dryrunguy
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes! Finally! It's on you, dry.

Wow. It only gave me one try! That's odd. But it's just as well. Congrats, munchin! Good luck from here on out!

Dry

Kirkus
10-02-2007, 07:10 PM
There's an update for our arcade that I'm going to install tonight. It's a minor security fix, but it's necessary.

Unfortunately, due to copyright issues, PacMan will be removed during this update. I'm going to try and reinstall it aftwards.

Just FYI. I'm going to do it here in a few minutes, and it might mess you up if you're playing a game. My apology if it does.

Kirkus
10-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I saw no one was playing a game so I took the arcade offline. I'll do the upgrade real quick and get it back online in no more than 10 minutes or so.

Kirkus
10-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I saw no one was playing a game so I took the arcade offline. I'll do the upgrade real quick and get it back online in no more than 10 minutes or so.

Okey dokey. Back online.

Tscott415
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Woot Hexxagon champ!!! :woohoo:

Madame
10-03-2007, 04:00 AM
damn !
why is it each time I play a tournament something goes wrong !!!
Well I almost played my simon tournament :(

beaujarkko
10-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Arcade? Several of the games will not load for me anymore, and it is happening on both my home and work computer. Simon, Asteroids, and Breakout, specifically.

dryrunguy
10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Arcade? Several of the games will not load for me anymore, and it is happening on both my home and work computer. Simon, Asteroids, and Breakout, specifically.

I couldn't get Tetris to load last night.

Dry

suliso
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
No breakout or tetris for me either ...

oohsalmon
10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I couldn't get Hexxagon...

Kirkus
10-03-2007, 08:20 PM

I couldn't get Tetris to load last night.

Dry

No breakout or tetris for me either ...

I couldn't get Hexxagon...

Fixed. Fixed. Fixed. And fixed. :)

dryrunguy
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Fixed. Fixed. Fixed. And fixed. :)

Look how our fearless leader talks to us like we're a bunch of strays at the pound... :mad:

:p

Dry

Kirkus
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Look how our fearless leader talks to us like we're a bunch of strays at the pound... :mad:

Dry

Well if you weren't wandering around the arcade at all hours of the night... ;)

dryrunguy
10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Well if you weren't wandering around the arcade at all hours of the night... ;)

Do you WANT me to pee on your leg, kirkus???

Dry

Kirkus
10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Do you WANT me to pee on your leg, kirkus???

Dry

No. But I have a chair leg you can hump.

dryrunguy
10-03-2007, 09:57 PM
No. But I have a chair leg you can hump.

Who told you?

Dry

Kirkus
10-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Who told you?

Dry

I read it in your eyes.

oohsalmon
10-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Who told you?

Dry

I'm willing to bet her name rhymes with Lacey Boston.

dryrunguy
10-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm willing to bet her name rhymes with Lacey Boston.

First the rumors about me and Mary... And now this. Obviously I need to visit the CDC... Unless of course the rumor shifts to Evert... Then I guess I better set a veterinarian.

Dry

oohsalmon
10-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I was saddened by my horrible first Yahtzee tournament score, but it seems that my half of the draw has followed suit. :cheesy: We're a bottom half fit for a Kuznetsova-Chakvetadze semi!

Jay
10-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Okay, this is just weird.

So I absentmindedly clicked out of the tournament game I was playing, and I went back hoping I had another try, I didn't, and I noticed that Dry (my opponent who I would have totally crushed..*wink wink*) hasn't been moved up.

The thing still says I'm in the tournament and not eliminated.

I find this odd.

Is there a way for Dry to move up or something? or is the tourney ruined because of my absentmindedness?

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Okay, this is just weird.

So I absentmindedly clicked out of the tournament game I was playing, and I went back hoping I had another try, I didn't, and I noticed that Dry (my opponent who I would have totally crushed..*wink wink*) hasn't been moved up.

The thing still says I'm in the tournament and not eliminated.

I find this odd.

Is there a way for Dry to move up or something? or is the tourney ruined because of my absentmindedness?

I'm still alive, Jessie??? Yeah, they can move me up. I had completely stopped checking on that tournament. Figured I was fertilizer.

Dry

oploskoffie
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Dry has been moved up. Not sure he deserves it, but hey :p

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Dry has been moved up. Not sure he deserves it, but hey :p

:flipoff::gun::slap::spank1::spank2::bat::asshole:

;)

Dry

Jay
10-07-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm still alive, Jessie??? Yeah, they can move me up. I had completely stopped checking on that tournament. Figured I was fertilizer.

Dry

my stupidness caused my downfall.

I was about to play when I noticed that Bea has responded to a thread where I was calling him my arch nemesis and all that. Turns out I only had one try, and my one try disappeared without me even playing..

I hope this is a hollow victory for you.:mad::evil:

lol j/k

I probably wouldn't have gotten better than 17,000 anyway ;)

oohsalmon
10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
While you're there, Mr. Koffie, the Simon tourney needs unfreezing too.

suliso
10-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I was saddened by my horrible first Yahtzee tournament score, but it seems that my half of the draw has followed suit. :cheesy: We're a bottom half fit for a Kuznetsova-Chakvetadze semi!

I, on the other hand, just got lucky - it will be very difficult for munchin to overcome it :D

oploskoffie
10-07-2007, 12:57 PM
While you're there, Mr. Koffie, the Simon tourney needs unfreezing too.

Anything else? A pizza? Some cabaret? World peace? :p

oploskoffie
10-07-2007, 12:57 PM
:flipoff::gun::slap::spank1::spank2::bat::asshole:

;)

Dry

How's Pool Jam treatin' ya?

:kiss:

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 12:59 PM
How's Pool Jam treatin' ya?

Let's just say that I've made an appointment with my primary care physician to have the pool cue removed.

Dry

Jay
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Let's just say that I've made an appointment with my primary care physician to have the pool cue removed.

Dry

:hyst:

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
273, beau??? That sucks.

Dry

beaujarkko
10-07-2007, 04:12 PM
273, beau??? That sucks.

Dry

In only one game did I get a yahtzee. Second roll of the match. After that, I didn't get even three of a kind but twice. My score that game: 163.

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 04:17 PM
In only one game did I get a yahtzee. Second roll of the match. After that, I didn't get even three of a kind but twice. My score that game: 163.

yahtzee has been very, very cruel to me for the last month. Makes me wonder if my ex-wife has been getting a piece of Mr. Koffie lately...

Dry

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 06:02 PM
I really don't get this - three players have the same score in Yahtzee (me, dry and led14pa2). I did it first followed by led14pa2 with dry being chronologically last. So why the current standings are - led14pa2, suliso, dry? Shouldn't it be me as #1 since I did it first (or dry as the last)???

When you look at the main arcade board, it has a bigger score for Yahtzee by munchin, which makes this discussion kind of useless if it's accurate. But when you go to play, it has a lower score with led15 being the one to beat. Odd.

Yeah, I was the first to get $1 million in Deal or No Deal. But now I'm in second place. I don't get it. But I didn't think it was important enough to make a stink.

Dry

suliso
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
When you look at the main arcade board, it has a bigger score for Yahtzee by munchin, which makes this discussion kind of useless if it's accurate. But when you go to play, it has a lower score with led15 being the one to beat. Odd.

Yeah, I was the first to get $1 million in Deal or No Deal. But now I'm in second place. I don't get it. But I didn't think it was important enough to make a stink.

Dry

I don't think that either, I just found it odd...

dryrunguy
10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't think that either, I just found it odd...

It IS odd... I don't know what changed because it wasn't like that before.

Dry

Kirkus
10-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Dry

Mr. O and I are looking into this.

oohsalmon
10-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Munchin's score may be from a tournament. Those don't get put in the table, but they can be highest, ie highest may not be the same as #1.

Kirkus
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Munchin's score may be from a tournament. Those don't get put in the table, but they can be highest, ie highest may not be the same as #1.

Yeah. I just learned from munchin that the 334 was scored in a tournament. I'm not sure why the arcade program(s) would differentiate, but apparently it does.

So, the high score on the main arcade page is the high score of all Yahtzee's played. But the high score on the Yahtzee page is the "regular" high score (non-tournament), if you will.

Well that's just stupid.

oploskoffie
10-08-2007, 08:49 AM
yahtzee has been very, very cruel to me for the last month. Makes me wonder if my ex-wife has been getting a piece of Mr. Koffie lately...

Dry

Would she appeal to me?

Just askin' :p

dryrunguy
10-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Would she appeal to me?

Just askin' :p

Absolutely... As long as you don't have to talk to her, look at her, or have any kind of interaction with her whatsoever. ;) And make sure you never give her the TAT credit card.

Dry

oploskoffie
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Absolutely... As long as you don't have to talk to her, look at her, or have any kind of interaction with her whatsoever. ;) And make sure you never give her the TAT credit card.

Dry

She sounds like a real peach, Dry. Can't understand why some people get divorced :rolleyes:

--cj--
10-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Golly, I'm not sure how I managed it, but the Pong high scores page lists me twice. I think it consequently gave me extra points on the leader board. :ponder:

Kirkus
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Golly, I'm not sure how I managed it, but the Pong high scores page lists me twice. I think it consequently gave me extra points on the leader board. :ponder:

I doubt it's anything you did cj.

I'll say here what I said in a PM not long ago... thank goodness I updated the arcade to the newest effing version! Plenty of scoring bugs in the upgrade. :mad:

luvs10s
10-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm having 'issues' with Fruit Smash...I've beaten my high score three times now but it's not recognising it.

I include the latest 'print screen' as proof. :laugh:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/luvs10s/fruitsmashhighscore.jpg

oploskoffie
10-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm having 'issues' with Fruit Smash...I've beaten my high score three times now but it's not recognising it.

I include the latest 'print screen' as proof. :laugh:

Drat. Ehm, not that a game of Fruit Smash takes that long, but you do have the "remember me box" checked when you log on to TAT, right?

I'll do a little run in Fruit Smash and see how it treats me, brb.

luvs10s
10-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Drat. Ehm, not that a game of Fruit Smash takes that long, but you do have the "remember me box" checked when you log on to TAT, right?

I'll do a little run in Fruit Smash and see how it treats me, brb.

Yup, mostly definitely have the box checked - been caught out with that before :D.

It saved my other scores fine (when I managed to better them) but just not Fruit Smash. *mutter, mutter, mutter*

oploskoffie
10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Yup, mostly definitely have the box checked - been caught out with that before :D.

It saved my other scores fine (when I managed to better them) but just not Fruit Smash. *mutter, mutter, mutter*

It baffles me. I just did a couple of runs, upping the score a little each time, and all were registered. I'd like to blame Internet Explorer for this, but I'm not sure I can :D ;) If the problem persists, let us know. We will try to find the root of this evil if we can!

oohsalmon
10-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I have been on a serious roll with Flash Golf recently...

I just made a would-be all-time high score of 24, but it didn't submit.

Grrrrr....:mad:

Kirkus
10-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I have been on a serious roll with Flash Golf recently...

I just made a would-be all-time high score of 24, but it didn't submit.

Grrrrr....:mad:

That's pretty much crap, Mr. Salmon.

We're thinking these scoring problems might be related to cookies. These problems were supposed to have been addressed in this newest version of the arcade. Apparently that's not the case.

I don't know if this will help, but I've been doing it and haven't had scoring problems. Before I go into the arcade, I log out of TAT. That will kill the TAT cookie. Then I log back in, making sure that the "Remember Me" box is checked.

I also think using IE as opposed to Firefox generates more problems with the arcade.

Just throwing out ideas here. :confused:

dryrunguy
10-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Kirkus and Mr. Koffie, I'm thinking they're may be a problem with the Flash Golf tournament... Not sure, though. But I saw that, for example, Jessie has played 4/4 tournaments but has a zero score... In golf, lowest score wins... Maybe this is one of those games that isn't "tournamentable"?

Dry

Jay
10-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Kirkus and Mr. Koffie, I'm thinking they're may be a problem with the Flash Golf tournament... Not sure, though. But I saw that, for example, Jessie has played 4/4 tournaments but has a zero score... In golf, lowest score wins... Maybe this is one of those games that isn't "tournamentable"?

Dry

lol no. I did that on purpose. I got frustrated with flash golf and used up all of my wins by clicking play and then exiting out. Thus, using my turns.

dryrunguy
10-12-2007, 09:18 PM
lol no. I did that on purpose. I got frustrated with flash golf and used up all of my wins by clicking play and then exiting out. Thus, using my turns.

ROFL! The problem, though, is that your zero score will beat salmon. LOL!

Wait, the other think I noticed is that I have a lower score than my competitor, but it looks like it views the high score as the better score.

Dry

Tscott415
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
OHHH YEAH!!! i just got a royal flush in the poker game in the tourney...woohoo!!!

beaujarkko
10-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Congratulations, led14pa2, the arcade (this time in the form of not submitting my score of 22 in the Simon tournament) strikes again. Oh well, there's always the next time I start a Simon tournament ;)

Kirkus
10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Could those who are having trouble with the arcade not submitting scores please let me know what OS you're running (WindowsXP, Vista, MacOS X, etc.) and what browser and version? I want to put some serious time into trouble shooting these problems.

dryrunguy
10-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Just FYI, the Deal or No Deal tournament draw is a little mucked up...

Dry

oploskoffie
10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Just FYI, the Deal or No Deal tournament draw is a little mucked up...

Dry

To the extent that it isn't showing me the link to fix it :mad: We be lookin' at this (and many, many other things :mad:)

oohsalmon
10-13-2007, 11:40 PM
To the extent that it isn't showing me the link to fix it :mad: We be lookin' at this (and many, many other things :mad:)

Could it be as simple as reverting to the previous version of the arcade? Far fewer problems it seemed like...

oploskoffie
10-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Could it be as simple as reverting to the previous version of the arcade? Far fewer problems it seemed like...

Actually, the previous version didn't let me fix things the way I can now (which would be the way we're supposed to be able to fix things :D) I get the idea, salmon, and it's a good idea, but contrary to how things might look, this version is better than the old one, lol!

luvs10s
10-14-2007, 03:21 AM
I'm on the work PC (which is the one I use most often :tisk: ).

Windows XP Service Pack 2
IE6

unfortunately I don't have the option to use any other browser.

--cj--
10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I had my spies snag some footage of Koffie playing Tetris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo).

;)

oploskoffie
10-20-2007, 02:46 AM
I had my spies snag some footage of Koffie playing Tetris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo).

;)

If ONLY! Wow, the speed at which the game responds and how this guy plays it... A-ma-zing!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

morct
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
YOWSA!

Well done to Jadesa getting 346 in Yahtzee!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

dryrunguy
10-20-2007, 01:07 PM
YOWSA!

Well done to Jadesa getting 346 in Yahtzee!! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Jeekers cats! Guess I can take that one off my to-do list! Well done, Jadesa!

Dry

Kirkus
10-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Damn it!

Er... I mean congratulations. ;)

atlpam
10-26-2007, 10:04 AM
From looking at the Solitaire tournament, it appears to be counting 0 (an unwinnable game) as the low score rather than a non-score, so basically you could not win any games and still win the tournament.

oploskoffie
10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
From looking at the Solitaire tournament, it appears to be counting 0 (an unwinnable game) as the low score rather than a non-score, so basically you could not win any games and still win the tournament.

Looks that way, indeed. We've been looking at this, but have yet to find a way of excluding 0 as a winning score. :(

Tscott415
10-26-2007, 01:15 PM
ugh sad...my run of 4 straight connect four titles has come to an end....

beaujarkko
10-26-2007, 03:57 PM
ugh sad...my run of 4 straight connect four titles has come to an end....

Time for me to regain my title.

beaujarkko
10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Time for me to regain my title.

Nevermind. I totally bollocksed it up.

oploskoffie
10-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Pam, dear lawd... :shocked: You are murdering Solitaire!

dryrunguy
10-27-2007, 03:31 PM
How is 38 possible? She knows something I don't. :mad:

Dry

oploskoffie
10-28-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm pulling the plug on the Solitaire tournament. There is, as yet, no way to exclude 0 as a score and with the lowest score winning, that means the wrong people are going on to the next round. Sorry :(

atlpam
10-28-2007, 02:08 PM
How is 38 possible? She knows something I don't. :mad:

Dry

Guess I just got the right deal on that one - if only I had that kind of luck in real life:yahoo:

dryrunguy
10-30-2007, 08:54 AM
I still can't get over that score, pam... It's like Solitaire on roids...

Meanwhile, Mr. Koffie, was it my imagination or did we decide several months back that a Smack the Penguin tournament doesn't work? Just noticed there's one started in the arcade, so I thought I'd ask before too many people get all excited about it.

Dry

oploskoffie
10-30-2007, 09:44 AM
I still can't get over that score, pam... It's like Solitaire on roids...

Meanwhile, Mr. Koffie, was it my imagination or did we decide several months back that a Smack the Penguin tournament doesn't work? Just noticed there's one started in the arcade, so I thought I'd ask before too many people get all excited about it.

Dry

That tournament has been axed, killed, shot down, quartered and burnt.

;)

oploskoffie
10-30-2007, 01:43 PM
We're saying goodbye to 123 GO! this month, and so too the tournament that was started recently. It hadn't taken off yet, and I've deleted it to prevent any last additions getting their hopes up.

munchin
10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
We're saying goodbye to 123 GO! this month, and so too the tournament that was started recently. It hadn't taken off yet, and I've deleted it to prevent any last additions getting their hopes up.

Alas, 123 GO!, we hardly knew ye. You made me feel as incompetent at riding a motorcycle as I do driving a car.

oploskoffie
11-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Just so you know... Kylie is not a word in Scrabble Blast. Neither is Viagra :p

mmmm8
11-03-2007, 02:42 PM

Or 'farting' :)

Pele is a word, though.

Foxykhat
11-03-2007, 02:49 PM

Or shit, LOL!

Foxy

morct
11-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Or shit, LOL!

Foxy

But shit and shits work in Quickword!:lipsrsealed:

beaujarkko
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Honestly the list of words in Quickwords that aren't "words" but places or people is much too long for my liking :P

I'm still smarting over "Pjamas" though. Honestly.

dryrunguy
11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm having a serious problem with Smack the Penguin. It's not a technical issue, though. Every time I smack the crap outta that lil' bugger, I think of Kirkus' avatar... Like I'm abusing poor little Poot...

Dry

oploskoffie
11-03-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm having a serious problem with Smack the Penguin. It's not a technical issue, though. Every time I smack the crap outta that lil' bugger, I think of Kirkus' avatar... Like I'm abusing poor little Poot...

Dry

Just imagine your ex-wife in a penguin suit.

:cool:

oploskoffie
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

Salmon... Your Scrabble score stands.

:(

oohsalmon
11-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Honestly the list of words in Quickwords that aren't "words" but places or people is much too long for my liking :P

I'm still smarting over "Pjamas" though. Honestly.

Ya, I was annoyed when I didn't get "Oslo" one round, and then doubly annoyed when I lost on "Norway" on the very next round. You'd think I would've figured it out by then.

oohsalmon
11-03-2007, 06:32 PM
This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved.

Salmon... Your Scrabble score stands.

:(

Aww :grouphug:.

I got a 24 in Flash Golf a while ago that didn't submit :(.

dryrunguy
11-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Done with Quick Words... No patience for words games that think words are words that actually are NOT words....

Dry

oohsalmon
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Done with Quick Words... No patience for words games that think words are words that actually are NOT words....

Dry

Their dictionary is a little ridiculous, to say the least. I got "JIMFRO," which isn't close to being a word by any stretch of the imagination.

dryrunguy
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Their dictionary is a little ridiculous, to say the least. I got "JIMFRO," which isn't close to being a word by any stretch of the imagination.

It's annoying, to put it mildly.

Dry

beaujarkko
11-06-2007, 05:07 AM

Wrong. Jimfro is the name for my uncle James's ill-advised, early-90's perm.

atlpam
11-06-2007, 06:05 AM

Dry

My favorite was the simple word it didn't have in its list - since when is "EACH" not a word?

morct
11-06-2007, 06:16 AM
My favorite was the simple word it didn't have in its list - since when is "EACH" not a word?

I had that one too atlpam.

oploskoffie
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
The Scrabble tournament screwed up beyond recognition - and we haven't the foggiest idea why. It's been deleted, and I'd suggest that until we have an idea why it did what it did, no new Scrabble tournaments are started.

Ugh :(

beaujarkko
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM

Or "CAB" or "NAB"

Scotty
11-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Wrong. Jimfro is the name for my uncle James's ill-advised, early-90's perm.

ROFL!
This sounds like the dictionary that all the people I used to play Scrabble with used. Thus, the reason I no longer play Scrabble.

dryrunguy
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
How did I get disqualified in Slingo Para-Dice? I completed my games, didn't I? And had the higher score?

It's not a big deal, but still.... LOL!

Dry

oploskoffie
11-10-2007, 01:38 AM
How did I get disqualified in Slingo Para-Dice? I completed my games, didn't I? And had the higher score?

It's not a big deal, but still.... LOL!

Dry

There are times when the game/arcade/Alice requires you to play all three games to progress as the winner. Seriously, this thing is showing more quirks by the day :mad:

dryrunguy
11-10-2007, 09:09 AM
There are times when the game/arcade/Alice requires you to play all three games to progress as the winner. Seriously, this thing is showing more quirks by the day :mad:

Hmmmm... I thought I had. Oh well. Not a big deal. :)

Dry

suliso
11-10-2007, 09:53 AM
And I couldn't understand why I am still in that slingo tournament... I guess Alice likes me better ;)

luvs10s
11-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I've been playing Scrabble Blast on and off all afternoon at work :p
and this "tickled my fancy".

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/luvs10s/snicker.jpg

Can you tell I'm really bored!

mmmm8
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I've been playing Scrabble Blast on and off all afternoon at work :p
and this "tickled my fancy".

Can you tell I'm really bored!

LOL. Yes :)

suliso
11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Just had an extraordinary lucky Yahtzee game - total of three Yahtzees including two straight to start the game :)

oploskoffie
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I need to (and will) make a list of games that aren't suitable for tournaments. Fruit Smash is obviously one of them :rolleyes:

oploskoffie
11-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Just had an extraordinary lucky Yahtzee game - total of three Yahtzees including two straight to start the game :)

Congrats to you :) It's nice to be beaten by a single point ;)

oploskoffie
11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
So, Dry... It's between you and I again for the titles, is it? Feeling lucky? :p There's still one or two games I have yet to play this month, after all :D

dryrunguy
11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
So, Dry... It's between you and I again for the titles, is it? Feeling lucky? :p There's still one or two games I have yet to play this month, after all :D

Mira, I had you on Slingo last night... On TWO different occasions I took two fives on the upper portion, forgetting that I still had my 1s empty. That was probably my only shot at Para-Dice as I never get close.

Things look good for you, Koffie, as I have a few vulnerable scores sitting out there. For me, there's really only one other game I can take, two tops... And I've been working on that one for nearly the entire month. In short, I'm pretty sure I need a miracle.

But I won't go down without a fight. :p

Dry

oploskoffie
11-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Mira, I had you on Slingo last night... On TWO different occasions I took two fives on the upper portion, forgetting that I still had my 1s empty. That was probably my only shot at Para-Dice as I never get close.

Things look good for you, Koffie, as I have a few vulnerable scores sitting out there. For me, there's really only one other game I can take, two tops... And I've been working on that one for nearly the entire month. In short, I'm pretty sure I need a miracle.

But I won't go down without a fight. :p

Dry

Well then... Game on, as they say :cool: And best of luck ;)

dryrunguy
11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Well then... Game on, as they say :cool: And best of luck ;)

Same to you, Mr. Koffie!

Dry

oohsalmon
11-27-2007, 05:39 PM
I just realized I've yet to play BoM this month! What is wrong with me?

You're welcome, Mr. Koffie :D

dryrunguy
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I just realized I've yet to play BoM this month! What is wrong with me?

You're welcome, Mr. Koffie :D

Bitch.

Dry

dryrunguy
11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm under attack by Philly10 and salmon!!!!

Moose, quick! Give me a recipe for a Philly Salmon and Cheese!

Dry

dryrunguy
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm under attack by Philly10 and salmon!!!!

Moose, quick! Give me a recipe for a Philly Salmon and Cheese!

Dry

Philly10 is evil and must be destroyed.

Why isn't anyone picking on Mr. Koffie??? :mad:

Dry

Philly10
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Philly10 is evil and must be destroyed.

Dry

Sorry, I'm still bitter over losing the 247 mini golf top score.

dryrunguy
11-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Sorry, I'm still bitter over losing the 247 mini golf top score.

Well, fine. But you should know by now that, when it comes to the TAT Arcade, it's all about ME! So I'm able to offer only limited sympathy. :p

Dry

dryrunguy
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
What's the significance of the number of bombs in the Scrabble game? Also, why does the bomb remain (but in a different letter one row lower) sometimes, but not always? Has anyone figured this out?

And if a bomb gets to the bottom row, is there any way to get rid of it?

Dry

mmmm8
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
What's the significance of the number of bombs in the Scrabble game? Also, why does the bomb remain (but in a different letter one row lower) sometimes, but not always? Has anyone figured this out?

And if a bomb gets to the bottom row, is there any way to get rid of it?

Dry

You have to make a word containing as many letters as the number on the bomb for the bomb to go away

dryrunguy
12-05-2007, 01:02 AM
You have to make a word containing as many letters as the number on the bomb for the bomb to go away

Gracias!

Dry

oohsalmon
12-05-2007, 01:38 AM
You have to make a word containing AT LEAST as many letters as the number on the bomb for the bomb to go away

A little clarification :)

oploskoffie
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I've added a little teaser called Archery. It's quick, it's irritating, and it's known to be addictive. Give it a whirl I'd say ;)

dryrunguy
12-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I've added a little teaser called Archery. It's quick, it's irritating, and it's known to be addictive. Give it a whirl I'd say ;)

I like it, Koffie! It's fun! Though my first reaction was similar to what I scream at other drivers while I'm on the Interstate--"Pick a frippin' speed, why dontcha!"

Dry

beaujarkko
12-10-2007, 12:04 PM
I just realized my high score so far this month on "Quick Words" is a scant 320 points more than my high score last month. I'm nothing if not consistent.

Also, "faux" words aside, I still love the game. I'm thinking we should start a thread of the words that don't actually exist / proper nouns that can't be played in Scrabble per se. Not a list of the rare though real words, but a list that contains things like:

pjamas
hueing
kansas
france
boston
uganda

I've gotten pretty good at finding the proper nouns, because I don't start looking for anything until I have the 6-letter word, and if I can't find it quickly, I start thinking of those blasted place names. Kansas, France, Boston, and Uganda are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

oohsalmon
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Is there a way we could get Text Twist in the arcade to replace Quick Words? Same basic gameplay, except you get bonuses for getting all the words in a round, the dictionary is far less questionable, and there aren't those pesky rounds with like three words.

I find it funny/ridiculous that the majority of the high scoreboard for QW is people bemoaning the made up word that took them out.

dryrunguy
12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Is there a way we could get Text Twist in the arcade to replace Quick Words? Same basic gameplay, except you get bonuses for getting all the words in a round, the dictionary is far less questionable, and there aren't those pesky rounds with like three words.

I find it funny/ridiculous that the majority of the high scoreboard for QW is people bemoaning the made up word that took them out.

I've been keeping a list of the fake words that stumped me. There's about 50 of them.

Dry

Jay
12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I got 1mill in the DonD tourney. Never even got passed 200,000 before today :D
I'm totally on cloud nine right now :D

Salmon is my opponent :p

goodluck matching my score ;)

mwahahahahhaha

oh, and I also joined the pool jam tourney so it can get started. :)

munchin
12-10-2007, 01:50 PM

Great add, by the way. Archery has (sadly) been the highlight of my week.

Jay
12-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I got 1mill in the DonD tourney. Never even got passed 200,000 before today :D
I'm totally on cloud nine right now :D

Salmon is my opponent :p

goodluck matching my score ;)

mwahahahahhaha

oh, and I also joined the pool jam tourney so it can get started. :)

oh, and thanks to Koffie for advising me to not take the 650k deal! :kiss: :D

oohsalmon
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Jessie, did you even play your first round? I was expecting a walkover to the final :mad:.

Jay
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Jessie, did you even play your first round? I was expecting a walkover to the final :mad:.

umm...no?
mwahahahhahahahahahahaha

:hyst::woot::evil::banana::rockon::bowing::yahoo: I'm so happy I got the mill, though. Never even reached anything remotely close before when I've played DoND :p :D

Jay
12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
umm...no?
mwahahahhahahahahahahaha

:hyst::woot::evil::banana::rockon::bowing::yahoo: I'm so happy I got the mill, though. Never even reached anything remotely close before when I've played DoND :p :D

I've also only been in one or two other finals, ever. I think one was Moon lander (which I won)..and I forget what the other was. :)

:yahoo:

oohsalmon
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
My letters were "SEXASM"...

Thank God I said it outloud when I tried "EXMASS," because there's no way I was going to think of the "right answer," "XMASES.":confused::mad:

oohsalmon
12-10-2007, 10:40 PM
"JAPANS"...I guess the other ones aren't recognized by the U.N.?

beaujarkko
12-11-2007, 07:40 AM
"JAPANS"...I guess the other ones aren't recognized by the U.N.?

"japans" is actually an acceptable word. I have no idea what it means, but I know that it's a noun. I've played it in Scrabble before.

munchin
12-11-2007, 11:46 AM
"japans" is actually an acceptable word. I have no idea what it means, but I know that it's a noun. I've played it in Scrabble before.

japan is a verb meaning to coat with glossy lacquer. Weird language we have.

oohsalmon
12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
This question is long overdue.

I've been getting myself disqualified from a lot of tournaments lately--my own fault to be sure.

But where are these reminders after two days that I read so much about? Never gotten one.

munchin
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
This question is long overdue.

I've been getting myself disqualified from a lot of tournaments lately--my own fault to be sure.

But where are these reminders after two days that I read so much about? Never gotten one.

Ooh, good question. I always kinda wondered about that.

--cj--
12-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Is there a list of the games we know won't work in tournaments? I was gonna launch a Hexxagon tourney or a Frogger tourney and then couldn't remember if we tried that before and it won't work. Maybe a sticky is in order?

dryrunguy
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I would like to thank the Yahtzee game for not giving me a single Yahtzee in 5 tries in the tournaments... I think it forgot the name of the game...

Dry

Jay
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I would like to thank the Yahtzee game for not giving me a single Yahtzee in 5 tries in the tournaments... I think it forgot the name of the game...

Dry

It probably got a case of amnesia and forgot its name :p

oohsalmon
12-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Is there a list of the games we know won't work in tournaments? I was gonna launch a Hexxagon tourney or a Frogger tourney and then couldn't remember if we tried that before and it won't work. Maybe a sticky is in order?

The rules of thumb are that games in which low score wins don't work, nor do games in which you don't get to comment on your high score.

A short (and probably incomplete) list of no-no games:

Solitare
Fruit Smash
Frogger
Flash Golf

Chopper Challenge allows for infinite attempts, essentially, which is a little problematic.

I think that's all...

Upthread posts on failed tourneys should tell the tale :)

Charlie02123
12-13-2007, 01:56 AM
I've played in frogger tournaments before. I feel like it should work, but perhaps something has changed.

oploskoffie
12-14-2007, 11:32 AM
The rules of thumb are that games in which low score wins don't work, nor do games in which you don't get to comment on your high score.

A short (and probably incomplete) list of no-no games:

Solitare
Fruit Smash
Frogger
Flash Golf

Chopper Challenge allows for infinite attempts, essentially, which is a little problematic.

I think that's all...

Upthread posts on failed tourneys should tell the tale :)

Thx for this post :) I've been disabling the tournament option for a couple of games recently and I'll do a quick check later on to make sure these are part of that group. And Frogger, I'm sorry to say, Charlie, doesn't lend itself for tournaments. That's always been the case (you can check that in the list of finished tournaments). Like Fruit Smash, the game has a different way of registering scores (without refreshing the page) meaning everyone scores 0.

oploskoffie
12-14-2007, 11:33 AM
So, Munchin... What's my Alpha Force secret? ;)

munchin
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
So, Munchin... What's my Alpha Force secret? ;)

Skill and perseverance...cheating in my book. :p

oploskoffie
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Skill and perseverance...cheating in my book. :p

You're too kind :p

Seriously, though. It's something other than what you mentioned. Either you already know what it is, or you'll figure it out soon :)

Jay
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
You're too kind :p

Seriously, though. It's something other than what you mentioned. Either you already know what it is, or you'll figure it out soon :)

lol.

The answer: Koffie is NOT human.

and your ava..

I'd love to visit Andorra :sweetheart:

oohsalmon
12-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I don't know who decided that in back to back matches in DoND, I should have to play people who scored $1000000 before I played. Ugh.

But at least it lets me play on autopilot. And facing Koffie's $1000000, I got $1000000 myself :yahoo:

Jay
12-16-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't know who decided that in back to back matches in DoND, I should have to play people who scored $1000000 before I played. Ugh.

But at least it lets me play on autopilot. And facing Koffie's $1000000, I got $1000000 myself :yahoo:

LOL That's God saying you win too many DoND tournies :p

so now that both of you have 1mill....what happens?

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 08:58 AM

Seriously... What are the odds? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: On the other hand... I get millions more often in tournaments then in regular play. Just weird, really.... :rolleyes:

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Something went really wrong just now :( I chose a 340K deal and still ended up getting 1 million? I've tried to find a way to disqualify myself now, but no luck as yet :(

oohsalmon
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Something went really wrong just now :( I chose a 340K deal and still ended up getting 1 million? I've tried to find a way to disqualify myself now, but no luck as yet :(

So I should hold off on playing? I'm confused. :confused:

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 09:18 AM
So I should hold off on playing? I'm confused. :confused:

Unless you're confident about scoring another million, I ask for some time to try and make this right. A million I did *not* score this time :(

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Problem fixed, salmon ;) You're in the next round!

oohsalmon
12-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Problem fixed, salmon ;) You're in the next round!

Aww, you didn't have to forfeit :o.

I'll try to win it all for ya :)

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Aww, you didn't have to forfeit :o.

I'll try to win it all for ya :)

Hey, I had no place being in the next round with a score that wasn't mine. Contrary to popular belief, I do actually like to play a fair game.

oploskoffie
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh, and good luck ;)

Jay
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Whoops. Ziti for brains here accidently created a mini golf tourney, and I forgot that it was one of the games that you can't really play in a tourney.

If Koffie or someone could delete it, please, that would be great :)

oploskoffie
12-24-2007, 12:35 AM
It's vanished, Jessie :shocked: How ever do such things happen? :rolleyes:

Jay
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Every other person was disqualified in the connect four tourney for not playing :hyst: So whoever actually played made it to the semis with whatever score they got :p

oploskoffie
12-27-2007, 01:55 PM
That result is just... wrong, Jessie :cheesy:

Dry... Please tell me you're not gonna make me work this weekend? :p

dryrunguy
12-27-2007, 02:16 PM
That result is just... wrong, Jessie :cheesy:

Dry... Please tell me you're not gonna make me work this weekend? :p

I make no promises. :evil: But I rarely have good luck playing catchup at the end of the month. :mad:

Dry

oploskoffie
12-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I make no promises. :evil: But I rarely have good luck playing catchup at the end of the month. :mad:

Dry

Eh, well, I still have a plan on my little mind, and a day off to boot.

*grin*

dryrunguy
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Eh, well, I still have a plan on my little mind, and a day off to boot.

*grin*

I SHOULD have had your Slingo score beat about a week ago... I had 3 chances left and only needed 52 points between the three of them, I think... I've never rolled so many 1s in my life...

Dry

oploskoffie
12-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I SHOULD have had your Slingo score beat about a week ago... I had 3 chances left and only needed 52 points between the three of them, I think... I've never rolled so many 1s in my life...

Dry

Slingo is a ****, seriously. As far as screwing people over in the last couple of turns, that game is #1 in the Arcade.

dryrunguy
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Slingo is a ****, seriously. As far as screwing people over in the last couple of turns, that game is #1 in the Arcade.

Absolutely agreed!

Dry

oploskoffie
12-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh, and Lone-star? Love ya!!! :p ;)

dryrunguy
12-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Mr. Koffie, we have a problem.

I tied your Yahtzee score, but it put me in first place as the high score. It wasn't the high score. It was really a tie.

Anyway, you got 342 first, and you should have the high score because you got it first. Is there any way we an fix that?

Dry

oohsalmon
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM

I tied your Yahtzee score, but it put me in first place as the high score. It wasn't the high score. It was really a tie.

Anyway, you got 342 first, and you should have the high score because you got it first. Is there any way we an fix that?

Dry

In that same vein, Dry, you should have my DoND high score.

I know it hurts Koffie, but it should balance things out a little? :confused:

dryrunguy
12-30-2007, 01:00 PM
In that same vein, Dry, you should have my DoND high score.

I know it hurts Koffie, but it should balance things out a little? :confused:

Actually, it lists you as the high score, but it give me credit for it in the high score total. Check it out. I have 11 high scores, but only 10 are listed in the list of scores below.

On the other hand, it both listed me and gave me the high score for Yahtzee... Odd.

To me, score-limited games are little different. The person who gets the high score first (e.g., $1 million for DoND, 290 for Disco Bowling which is on its way out, or 58 for Hexago) should get credit for it, in my opinion.

Whatever would be decided, it should be consistent across the board. but I don't know if we have a way to do that. I'm thinking probably not.

Dry

oploskoffie
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM

Dry

I'll try to fix it with something higher ;) Ain't no other way for it :D

oploskoffie
12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Actually, it lists you as the high score, but it give me credit for it in the high score total. Check it out. I have 11 high scores, but only 10 are listed in the list of scores below.

On the other hand, it both listed me and gave me the high score for Yahtzee... Odd.

To me, score-limited games are little different. The person who gets the high score first (e.g., $1 million for DoND, 290 for Disco Bowling which is on its way out, or 58 for Hexago) should get credit for it, in my opinion.

Whatever would be decided, it should be consistent across the board. but I don't know if we have a way to do that. I'm thinking probably not.

Dry

Wherever I look, it lists you as the highscore. Now quit rubbing this in :p

As far as the total goes: when you and I both had 10 it consistently showed me as the highscore leader, when normally it would alternate our ava's in the overview. Not sure what is iffy and where, but these be the blots on the Arcade landscape I suppose.

Now then, on to Yahtzee.

dryrunguy
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Wherever I look, it lists you as the highscore. Now quit rubbing this in :p

As far as the total goes: when you and I both had 10 it consistently showed me as the highscore leader, when normally it would alternate our ava's in the overview. Not sure what is iffy and where, but these be the blots on the Arcade landscape I suppose.

Now then, on to Yahtzee.

Mr. Koffie, you know I'm pretty serious about the arcade. It brings out the competitive nature in me. :)

Sure, I'd love to win the month, but not THIS way. So regardless of what the arcade shows if our scores don't get beat, hopefully the official record will show a tie on Yahtzee.

That being said, a lot can happen in the next 24+ hours. :rolleyes:

Off to Slingo Para Dice. ;)

Dry

oohsalmon
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm gonna stay out of BoM this month, because I feel bad about starting it on the 30th, which is pretty much how I did it last month. It feels dirty sneaking up on you without time to respond :)

dryrunguy
12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm gonna stay out of BoM this month, because I feel bad about starting it on the 30th, which is pretty much how I did it last month. It feels dirty sneaking up on you without time to respond :)

Salmon, if you want to play, play. Sure, I'm competitive, but it's not like I want people to stay away. Bottom line is that you're better at it than I am; you deserve it.

Dry

oohsalmon
12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Salmon, if you want to play, play. Sure, I'm competitive, but it's not like I want people to stay away. Bottom line is that you're better at it than I am; you deserve it.

Dry

I would have to disagree with that...you've won more months than I have, and hold the all-time high score.

I'll give it a few shots. If the jewel gods don't give me a shot, it wasn't meant to be.

dryrunguy
12-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I would have to disagree with that...you've won more months than I have, and hold the all-time high score.

I'll give it a few shots. If the jewel gods don't give me a shot, it wasn't meant to be.

That's the thing that enrages me most about that game. I only get a shot at 4 golds about once per month; and what I have now was only two golds, I think...

Dry

oploskoffie
12-31-2007, 06:25 AM
Happy new year, Dry - You win :p ;)

dryrunguy
12-31-2007, 06:36 AM
Happy new year, Dry - You win :p ;)

Don't give up yet, Mr. Koffie!

Dry

oploskoffie
12-31-2007, 06:41 AM
Don't give up yet, Mr. Koffie!

Dry

No giving up - just being realistic with the rest of today's planning in mind :cheesy: And lord knows you've earned it this month :kiss:

oploskoffie
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Just wondering, Dry... When are you going to play for the leadeboard title? ;) Highscores are good fun 'n all, but we all know where the real money is at, of course :p

dryrunguy
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Just wondering, Dry... When are you going to play for the leadeboard title? ;) Highscores are good fun 'n all, but we all know where the real money is at, of course :p

I can't figure out quite how it works. I've never been in contention for it, though. :rolleyes:

Dry

oploskoffie
12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I can't figure out quite how it works. I've never been in contention for it, though. :rolleyes:

Dry

You learn how to play Tetris and Pac Man :p I'll try to learn Frogger next year ;) Surely there are patterns to that game as well....

dryrunguy
12-31-2007, 09:39 AM
You learn how to play Tetris and Pac Man :p I'll try to learn Frogger next year ;) Surely there are patterns to that game as well....

I have tried so hard at Tetris... And I'll keep trying. Pac Man, yeah, I just have to figure out the patterns but I haven't tried that one in months. There are some patterns with Frogger, too. But then I haven't figured them out past Level 4 or so...

Doesn't the leaderboard score also count if you had the #1 spot at some point in the month or just at the end of the month? That's the part I can't figure out.

Dry

oploskoffie
12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Doesn't the leaderboard score also count if you had the #1 spot at some point in the month or just at the end of the month? That's the part I can't figure out.

Dry

Nope ;) The leaderboard is very simple, really. It's the total score based on your rankings for all the games you've played. You're ranked #1 for 11 games, so that's 110 points right there. Wherever you ranked for any game elsewhere in the month doesn't matter at all; it's all about the up-to-the-minute situation :)

dryrunguy
01-01-2008, 12:04 PM
I just racked up what have to be the five WORST scores in the history of Yahtzee! And in a tournament, no less!!!

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Congratulations in advance, beau!

Dry

Charlie02123
01-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Nope ;) The leaderboard is very simple, really. It's the total score based on your rankings for all the games you've played. You're ranked #1 for 11 games, so that's 110 points right there. Wherever you ranked for any game elsewhere in the month doesn't matter at all; it's all about the up-to-the-minute situation :)

You have to play all the games to get a good shot at the leaderboard. I imagine you get a point even if you're ranked 20th in a game. They add up.

Hmm, I might be feeling arcady today. Maybe I'll take a run at some of these games before they get all crowded with good people.

oploskoffie
01-01-2008, 12:11 PM
You have to play all the games to get a good shot at the leaderboard. I imagine you get a point even if you're ranked 20th in a game. They add up.

First ten ranked get points, going from 10 pts for 1st place to a single point for being in 10th place. It still adds up, indeed ;)

oploskoffie
01-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Personal goals for the Arcade in 2008:

Score over 20K at Fruit Smash
Score over 75K at Pool Jam
Score near or over 20 million at Alpha Force
Score over 25 million at Tetris
Score over 200K at Pac Man

Learn how not to get frustrated to death by Frogger

Beat Dry at Mahjong

mmmm8
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Personal goals for the Arcade in 2008:

Score over 20K at Fruit Smash
Score over 75K at Pool Jam
Score near or over 20 million at Alpha Force
Score over 25 million at Tetris
Score over 200K at Pac Man

Learn how not to get frustrated to death by Frogger

Beat Dry at Mahjong

Looking to join oohsalmon in the relaxation room, oplo?

oploskoffie
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Looking to join oohsalmon in the relaxation room, oplo?

Depends on what goes on in the relaxation room :cool: For now, though, I'll stick with being quietly confident of achieving a couple of these goals ;)

beaujarkko
01-03-2008, 07:54 AM
I just racked up what have to be the five WORST scores in the history of Yahtzee! And in a tournament, no less!!!

:hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst::hyst:

Congratulations in advance, beau!

Dry

LOL We've all had those. I did win, but it took me two games to do it :D

suliso
01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Something is not right with our Slingo tournament...

I had played 2/3 and had 1063 points, munchin was finished with 1036. I wasn't advanced so I thought I needed to complete my last try anyway. I did that and was advanced to the final, but now 3 h later I suddenly see muchin with higher score, but BOTH of us are eliminated :rolleyes:

munchin
01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Something is not right with our Slingo tournament...

I had played 2/3 and had 1063 points, munchin was finished with 1036. I wasn't advanced so I thought I needed to complete my last try anyway. I did that and was advanced to the final, but now 3 h later I suddenly see muchin with higher score, but BOTH of us are eliminated :rolleyes:

I was confused about that too. I actually had 2/3 with 1036, I think and I finished a couple hours ago with 1100-something but it said I had been eliminated and that you had been too, but only after beating me with a lower score... But no winner has been declared in the tournament?

oploskoffie
01-04-2008, 04:43 PM
That's just messsed up and beyond repair :(:(:(

munchin
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM

I blame society.

dryrunguy
01-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I was confused about that too. I actually had 2/3 with 1036, I think and I finished a couple hours ago with 1100-something but it said I had been eliminated and that you had been too, but only after beating me with a lower score... But no winner has been declared in the tournament?

Mr. Koffie might be able to fix this in the morning. At least I hope so.

And meanwhile, congrats to Philly for winning the Golf247 tournament! Well done!

Dry

dryrunguy
01-04-2008, 04:45 PM

Oops. Mr. Koffie is still up. Can't be fixed??? That would suck BDP... :)

Dry

oploskoffie
01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Oops. Mr. Koffie is still up. Can't be fixed??? That would suck BDP... :)

Dry

The Arcade software has some serious limitations - eventhough it is the ideal thing to go with our board software. There is, as yet, no way to undo a result of any kind. If the wrong person were to reach the final I could, via a long route of replacing names, eventually get the right person in the right spot, but that's about it. One of the finalists has been disqualified for no good reason and the tournament doesn't have a winner. It's dead in the water.

oploskoffie
01-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Eh, I'll give it untill tomorrow night to sort itself out. If that miracle happens, then yay. If not, it's a one way ticket to deletion.

dryrunguy
01-04-2008, 05:00 PM
The Arcade software has some serious limitations - eventhough it is the ideal thing to go with our board software. There is, as yet, no way to undo a result of any kind. If the wrong person were to reach the final I could, via a long route of replacing names, eventually get the right person in the right spot, but that's about it. One of the finalists has been disqualified for no good reason and the tournament doesn't have a winner. It's dead in the water.

Thanks for the clarification, Mr. Koffie. Obviously, there's only so much that can be done.

I guess I'll start a new Slingo tournament and hope it works as the rest have done in the past. It stinks for suliso, though. And the other person involved... Whomever that was.

Dry

suliso
01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I guess I'll start a new Slingo tournament and hope it works as the rest have done in the past. It stinks for suliso, though. And the other person involved... Whomever that was.

Dry

Don't worry about me, I am sure I will have a chance to win in some future tournament as well ;)

dryrunguy
01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Don't worry about me, I am sure I will have a chance to win in some future tournament as well ;)

I set up the new tournament, so everyone register!

BTW, we still need two people for the Yeti Greece tournament... Which has been sitting there forever. (Guess I should have set it up for 4 players.)

Anyway, do we have two martyrs on the board at the moment who couldn't care less if they do well or not? :p

Dry

munchin
01-04-2008, 05:20 PM
LOL @ me. Possibly the lowest winning score in DonD tournament final history. But you know, depending on where you are in life, $10 can be a lot of money...

dryrunguy
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
LOL @ me. Possibly the lowest winning score in DonD tournament final history. But you know, depending on where you are in life, $10 can be a lot of money...

Nelslus would agree. Ahem.

Dry

oohsalmon
01-08-2008, 02:44 AM
oohsalmon for the block!

You're welcome, Dry :cheesy:

dryrunguy
01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'm going to get Philly10 in a MiniGolf tournament. :mad:

Well done, my friend!

Dry

Jay
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM
I officially hate the Simon game :(

I try my hardest and I still only get a 24 score :cry: :(

Philly10
01-10-2008, 05:08 AM
ONE OF THESE DAYS... I'm going to get Philly10 in a MiniGolf tournament. :mad:

Well done, my friend!

Dry

Thanks, it seems to be the one game I'm really good at. I thought you had me beat this time, I didn't pass your score until my final round.

dryrunguy
01-10-2008, 07:52 AM
I officially hate the Simon game :(

I try my hardest and I still only get a 24 score :cry: :(

I hate it, too. Don't think I've played it yet this month... If I dont get an easy pattern to remember, I fall to pieces quickly.

Dry

morct
01-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I just deleted the DOND tournament :( - it got a bit carried away, and advanced both myself and Mr. Salmon - we were pitted against each other and he hadn't even played! :rolleyes:

oohsalmon
01-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the top three of most high scores, especially this late into a month.

It's nice seeing Zuzana up there :yahoo:

beaujarkko
01-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I was at 54000+ on Quick Words when I opened up a PM in a new window and it opened up in the Arcade window. I lost the score. Bollocks.

Jay
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty proud of my Moon Lander score :cool:
I haven't gotten a score that high in Moon Lander in forever.

oploskoffie
01-16-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty proud of my Moon Lander score :cool:
I haven't gotten a score that high in Moon Lander in forever.

Cherish it while it lasts.

Jay
01-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Cherish it while it lasts.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

oohsalmon
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I know my calling attention to it is just going to make people realize how vulnerable the top is, but I am absolutely thrilled with my month in the arcade thus far. Four high scores and a sixteen-point leaderboard lead on the seventeenth of the month are numbers I haven't come close to since August.

I feel like the John Daly of the Arcade.

Allez!

(Dry, have you figured out how the leaderboard works? You really should go for it.)

dryrunguy
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
I know my calling attention to it is just going to make people realize how vulnerable the top is, but I am absolutely thrilled with my month in the arcade thus far. Four high scores and a sixteen-point leaderboard lead on the seventeenth of the month are numbers I haven't come close to since August.

I feel like the John Daly of the Arcade.

Allez!

(Dry, have you figured out how the leaderboard works? You really should go for it.)

I think so! But I have to waste all of my time chasing the things I don't currently have that I MUST have... Archery, Frogger, Ball of Madness for starters. :evil: