PDA

View Full Version : TAT Arcade is online

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

mmmm8
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I've tripled it now, Foxy :D :lipsrsealed:

Seriously, just start at level 10. It doesn't go much faster after that - you just need to get into the rhythm of it and keep it low. Anything above 8 lines is a cause for worry.

Time to join a gambling support group, Mr. K

oploskoffie
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Time to join a gambling support group, Mr. K

I never thought of Tetris is gambling, but I can see how one could :D

mmmm8
06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
I never thought of Tetris is gambling, but I can see how one could :D

You mean you are not getting $1 deposited into your checking account for every $1000 points? I know I am! Wonder why Kirkus cheated you ;)

Gambling as an addiction doesn't have to involve money, I think

oohsalmon
06-23-2007, 09:03 PM
I keep drawing dryrunguy in every tournament!

I'm like the Dally Radriantefy to his Serena.

oohsalmon
06-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Bump

To tell people to join up in either the Para Dice (Mega Yahtzee) or Ball of Madness Tournaments!

Kirkus
06-30-2007, 10:08 PM
THE ARCADE SCORES HAVE BEEN RESET.

I'll get last June's scores recorded on this board this weekend.

oploskoffie
07-05-2007, 09:23 AM
In case you'd missed it, the overview of all the best scores and standings is online. You can find it here: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6778

The rankings were up to 39 people, and several highscores were seriously hammered when compared to last month. Great job by all who took part, and good luck this month! :)

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Very big congrats to Dry for beating my Ball of Madness score! It's gonna take a lot for me to beat 641, a score I've only done better than once before.

dryrunguy
07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Very big congrats to Dry for beating my Ball of Madness score! It's gonna take a lot for me to beat 641, a score I've only done better than once before.

Thanks, Salmon... But you have no idea how hard I chased after that score... You can beat it, though. Hell, I'm going to try to beat it. LOL!

Dry

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Part of what's frustrating about Ball of Madness pursuit is the inconsistancy in the jewel values, from 10-40. It seems like, when the good jewels are up for grabs, I choke, and when its meaningless ones, I nail em.

Maybe that's why I relate so well to Elena Dementieva et al.

mmmm8
07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Part of what's frustrating about Ball of Madness pursuit is the inconsistancy in the jewel values, from 10-40. It seems like, when the good jewels are up for grabs, I choke, and when its meaningless ones, I nail em.

Before I read the last sentence, I was going to call you Ivan Ljubicic :)

dryrunguy
07-10-2007, 07:32 PM

Yup, the gem values are extremely frustrating. No rhyme or reason to them. Sometimes the good ones just pop up. What was odd on my score is that I didn't have a single gold one... Three pinks and a blue. Turned out to be enough.

Dry

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Before I read the last sentence, I was going to call you Ivan Ljubicic :)

Even more better :)

I might have said Kimmie but that might have gotten me scalped in these parts...

suliso
07-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Stupid arcade crashed (twice!!!) and I lost two tries in slingo-para dice tournament :pissedoff:

mmmm8
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM

I might have said Kimmie but that might have gotten me scalped in these parts...

Umm.. yeah, I love me my Elena Dementieva, and enjoyed watching reruns of her clinching the good jewel that was the 2005 FedCup for Russia on TTC, and I have more power than Moose, so.... consider it a warning

(Not that Ljubicic hasn't done Croatia proud in DC)

dryrunguy
07-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Stupid arcade crashed (twice!!!) and I lost two tries in slingo-para dice tournament :pissedoff:

Now THAT sucks... I had 30K+ in that damned SD-Pong the other day and it didn't record the score... But it happens. And it always sucks. But at least we have the arcade, even if there are bugs along the way.

Dry

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 07:55 PM

Ouchie. Be sure to check that box when you log in, it prevents most crashes during gamesthat take longer

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I've gotten 638 TWICE now...

Charlie02123
07-10-2007, 08:34 PM

I WILL CUT YOU!!! (Just kidding :) ... but seriously)

Was the 2005 US Open not important? Were two YEC titles not important? How about a gazillion Tier Ones, huh! How about winning the biggest paycheck of all women athletes, ever. How about being one of only a handful of players to be ranked number one in singles and doubles! GAHHHHH!!!!

(no harm done though, I just wanted to list a bunch of her accomplishments. :) )

Umm.. yeah, I love me my Elena Dementieva, and enjoyed watching reruns of her clinching the good jewel that was the 2005 FedCup for Russia on TTC, and I have more power than Moose, so.... consider it a warning

(Not that Ljubicic hasn't done Croatia proud in DC)

Silver Medal, too. (Elena, not Ivan.)

JTContinental
07-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Speaking of the arcade, how do I submit my kick-ass solitaire scores? I can never find the submit button after I win

dryrunguy
07-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Speaking of the arcade, how do I submit my kick-ass solitaire scores? I can never find the submit button after I win

Hit the "congratulations" button, JT. That'll do it!

Dry

JTContinental
07-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Hit the "congratulations" button, JT. That'll do it!

Dry

D'oh, I never realized that was a button. Mine just says "congratulation." Apparently, I only get one. :cheesy:

oohsalmon
07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Woooowwww.

I have to hit that "congratulation" button for you, Dry.

657 in Ball of Madness--thats, well, phenomenal.

dryrunguy
07-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Woooowwww.

I have to hit that "congratulation" button for you, Dry.

657 in Ball of Madness--thats, well, phenomenal.

Thanks, Salmon... Should have been higher, though... I had four gold gems, and I blew it on Level 10... But I'm still really pleased.

You can still beat it, though. No doubt.

Dry

JTContinental
07-10-2007, 10:17 PM
I am so bad at that game...I think I'm only worse at the golf one. I still haven't gotten past level 2.

oploskoffie
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Just have to say, Dry... This is some month you're having :notworthy:

dryrunguy
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Just have to say, Dry... This is some month you're having :notworthy:

Gracias, Koffie! I was sitting at 338 points needing three 2s to top your score. Thought for sure it wouldn't give them to me... Got one on the first role, got another on the second role, and then got two more on the third role... Just lucky.

But cj is being a pain in the keester on Ace Blackjack. :bat:

Dry

--cj--
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
But cj is being a pain in the keester on Ace Blackjack. :bat:
Dry

just let me have my pittance already! it's hard enough giving up what i thought was my very own pinball turf.

dryrunguy
07-17-2007, 06:19 PM
just let me have my pittance already! it's hard enough giving up what i thought was my very own pinball turf.

You have a break for now... At the moment, I'm in a Slingo ParaDice frenzy... ;) But my mood may change as the night unfolds. :rolleyes:

Dry

Kirkus
07-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Speaking of Slingo Paradise...

1235!!! Holy Shit!

suliso
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
You have a break for now... At the moment, I'm in a Slingo ParaDice frenzy... ;) But my mood may change as the night unfolds. :rolleyes:

Dry

And now you can start chasing me!!!

1303 :banana:

oohsalmon
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Thanks, Salmon... Should have been higher, though... I had four gold gems, and I blew it on Level 10... But I'm still really pleased.

Dry

I was about to write a long lament about how I would never be able to get four golds, so I'd have no shot, but then I decided to play again, and...

...I had either 3 or 4 golds in my last game and still couldn't do it.

I think in my nervousness I may have skipped the jewel on the last level. That's like forgetting to sign my score card in golf.

SIGH.

To echo what others have said, Dry, what a comprehensively dominant month. It's Federeresque, except unlike Federer, you try to take the trophies in all the futures and challengers too.

dryrunguy
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I was about to write a long lament about how I would never be able to get four golds, so I'd have no shot, but then I decided to play again, and...

...I had either 3 or 4 golds in my last game and still couldn't do it.

I think in my nervousness I may have skipped the jewel on the last level. That's like forgetting to sign my score card in golf.

SIGH.

To echo what others have said, Dry, what a comprehensively dominant month. It's Federeresque, except unlike Federer, you try to take the trophies in all the futures and challengers too.

that game is all about those gold ones... But I know how it goes. And thanks for the kudos... But the month is FAR from over.

I just set up several new tournaments, BTW... Everyone register!

Dry

oohsalmon
07-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Dry

This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I really think that part of the reason I was able to beat your score is because you said I could.

It's been cool how our back and forth has really shattered the all-time high scores. Sort of like the great rivalries of Navratilova/Evert, Borg/McEnroe, Federer/Nadal, and Backstreet/*NSYNC

See you in the first round of yet another tournament!

dryrunguy
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I really think that part of the reason I was able to beat your score is because you said I could.

It's been cool how our back and forth has really shattered the all-time high scores. Sort of like the great rivalries of Navratilova/Evert, Borg/McEnroe, Federer/Nadal, and Backstreet/*NSYNC

See you in the first round of yet another tournament!

It's fun, ain't it? No way I can beat that score. I'll try, but there's no way. It's a fun rivalry, though!

Dry

oohsalmon
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
It's fun, ain't it? No way I can beat that score. I'll try, but there's no way. It's a fun rivalry, though!

Dry

You totally, totally can. I got stuck in the goop on Level 8(?) and I had several pinks and only a couple golds.

Godspeed, Dry!

dryrunguy
07-18-2007, 08:53 PM
You totally, totally can. I got stuck in the goop on Level 8(?) and I had several pinks and only a couple golds.

Godspeed, Dry!

I still say Level 8 is the worst (the one with the goop). I finally figured out the one after. It kicked my ass for the longest time. My problem is that I just don't go fast enough. I need as many gold gems as possible. LOL!

Thanks for the encouragement, but really, there's no way. LOL!

Dry

oohsalmon
07-18-2007, 09:17 PM
You said that before...

650? That's an incredible score, salmon! No way I can beat that. I'll try, of course... But there's no way... LOL! That's extremely well done!

Dry

I have supreme faith you'll get to torment me again. And if not by the end of July, certainly in August.

beaujarkko
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Apparently, in Asteroids, you can move and maneuver the ship??? Who knew?! My latest score I am very proud of.

munchin
07-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Apparently, in Asteroids, you can move and maneuver the ship??? Who knew?! My latest score I am very proud of.

Yeah, my scores vastly improved when I figured that out. I seem to remember being able to teleport places in other versions of the game. Did I make that up?

munchin
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM

Oh, when you said you were proud of your score, I didn't realize you meant you'd beaten my score. How irritating. :)

beaujarkko
07-19-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh, when you said you were proud of your score, I didn't realize you meant you'd beaten my score. How irritating. :)

Sorry :( But you beat me last month ;)

munchin
07-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Sorry :( But you beat me last month ;)

Oh, this month ain't over yet. I'll find a way to beat your score...somehow...maybe...ah, I give up.

beaujarkko
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh, this month ain't over yet. I'll find a way to beat your score...somehow...maybe...ah, I give up.

Meh, it's beatable. If I can break my previous best by 80000 points, so can you... this is the exception, not the rule :-P

Kirkus
07-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Congratulations, Dry on your Slingo Para-Dice tournament win. 1235 -- good score!!

dryrunguy
07-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Dry on your Slingo Para-Dice tournament win. 1235 -- good score!!

You didn't beat it, kirkus? Well, thanks! I thought you had a good chance at that. Incidentally, that game is starting to work my last nerve. I've probably played it 200 times and I think I've only had a score for very box twice. One time, I even got 6 Yahtzees in the same game but couldn't score a large straight to save my ass! Not one!

Dry

Kirkus
07-21-2007, 10:10 AM
You didn't beat it, kirkus? Well, thanks! I thought you had a good chance at that. Incidentally, that game is starting to work my last nerve. I've probably played it 200 times and I think I've only had a score for very box twice. One time, I even got 6 Yahtzees in the same game but couldn't score a large straight to save my ass! Not one!

Dry

It's a maddening game, yet oddly addictive. LOL.

oohsalmon
07-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Whew, what a wacky Deal or No Deal tournament.

I played my first round on a computer at work that apparently didn't have the right Flash player or something, so I couldn't see any of the cases or numbers. All I could see was the rectangles for either deal or no deal and how much was left on the sides.

So when I was finally down to 50,000 and 500,000, I figured I was safe to get over 200,000 on my deal.

In my last game I figured I had no shot, having to get over 500,000. But somehow I got a case worth 750,000, and was able to get it down to two cases worth 400,000 and 750,000.

I set up another identical tourney, and hope you all can join.

dryrunguy
07-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Salmon, I registered, in spite of getting so thoroughly cooked in the last tournament.

BTW, you have some work to do on Ball of Madness. :)

Dry

dryrunguy
07-21-2007, 10:35 PM
That's nice... System locked up on the Ball of Madness tournament. Oh well. That's that. :mad:

Dry

dryrunguy
07-21-2007, 10:41 PM
LOL! I got 1 cent on the Deal or No Deal tournament. LOL! Congrats to my opponent!

Dry

oploskoffie
07-22-2007, 02:32 AM
*sniffff*

Up until the last case I thought I had the million dollar pick. Such a heartbreaker to find out that was very much not the case :cry:

Good luck, oohsalmon ;)

suliso
07-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Anyone wants to play slingo-para dice? We have a tournament with one slot still open...

jsd123789456
07-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Anyone wants to play slingo-para dice? We have a tournament with one slot still open...

done and done

oploskoffie
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I just put down my first real marker for the Slingo tournament. Lol, I get a better score in a tournament than I ever do in regular play :p

beaujarkko
07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
I just played what has to be simultaneously my best and worst game of Slingo... 1090 points and I filled in all the spaces on the card... except I got zero yahtzees. I made all my tops, but I had extreme difficulties even getting four of a number much less five.

Kirkus
07-22-2007, 04:42 PM
I just played what has to be simultaneously my best and worst game of Slingo... 1090 points and I filled in all the spaces on the card... except I got zero yahtzees. I made all my tops, but I had extreme difficulties even getting four of a number much less five.

1290 would've been a great score too!!

dryrunguy
07-22-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm probably behind in getting to the tournaments. I'll try to get going on that tonight. But after my horrific experience with the Deal or No Deal tournament, part of me has to overcome some serious avoidance issues...

Dry

dryrunguy
07-22-2007, 07:19 PM
CRAP! So I play my Ball of Madness games in the tournament and get almost nothing but green gems. Only got gold once in five games and it wasn't the one where I got my highest score. :mad: If the gem colors are nice to Salmon, I'm plant food. :mad:

Dry

oohsalmon
07-22-2007, 07:21 PM
CRAP! So I play my Ball of Madness games in the tournament and get almost nothing but green gems. Only got gold once in five games and it wasn't the one where I got my highest score. :mad: If the gem colors are nice to Salmon, I'm plant food. :mad:

Dry

More like fish food :)

Sorry, I took you out in my first game.

I barely mean that sorry, after what you did to the high score ;)

dryrunguy
07-22-2007, 07:24 PM
More like fish food :)

Sorry, I took you out in my first game.

I barely mean that sorry, after what you did to the high score ;)

:gun: :gun: :gun:

:cheesy:

It's all good! Good luck the rest of the way!

Dry

dryrunguy
07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Jeez, Koffie... What's up with that Chopper Challenge score? I suspect hacking! LOL! Well done!

Dry

oploskoffie
07-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Jeez, Koffie... What's up with that Chopper Challenge score? I suspect hacking! LOL! Well done!

Dry

Thx :D

Now then... What to go for next? :p

--cj--
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Hexagon tourney, anyone? Just hope you don't draw Koffie.

dryrunguy
07-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Thx :D

Now then... What to go for next? :p

You could always waste your time chasing after the Singo score that can't be beaten... ;)

Dry

oploskoffie
07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
You could always waste your time chasing after the Singo score that can't be beaten... ;)

Dry

Slingo, for whatever reason, I can't seem to get beyon the 1270 mark with in regular competition. I'll keep trying now and then, but I'm not counting on much ;) That's also why I had a go at Centipede and Battleship, with the latter being nigh on impossible to beat because of you :p Eugene has once again destroyed Pacman and --cj-- has battered Space Invaders. I'm like... "Drat... What's left?"

JTContinental
07-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Good thing the month is almost over! :cheesy:

oohsalmon
07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm like... "Drat... What's left?"

I'll tell you what's not left--Ball of Madness.

I just looked at the high score for May...it has been beyond obliterated by Dry.

oploskoffie
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I'll tell you what's not left--Ball of Madness.

I just looked at the high score for May...it has been beyond obliterated by Dry.

Tell you what... I just did a quick run, didn't drop the ball once, and still came out over 100 points short of the top score. Three more yellow jewels would seal the deal, but instead I get three 10 pointers? What did I do wrong? :freekingout:

dryrunguy
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Tell you what... I just did a quick run, didn't drop the ball once, and still came out over 100 points short of the top score. Three more yellow jewels would seal the deal, but instead I get three 10 pointers? What did I do wrong? :freekingout:

I shouldn't tell such secrets, but after I clear the first level, if I see green or blue on Level 2, I quit. But even if you get a good one on Level 2 and a few other good ones after it, green on Level 6 will kill you.

Dry

dryrunguy
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Oh, and about Slingo, I just took a shot at that one about 2 hours ago... Completed all the cells, got 6 Yahtzees, including two yahtzees of 6s that I got to count as sixes (they were the two extra yahtzees), and I was still 25 points short. That's enraging. And it's all because I had to blow three chance scores because I was chasing the last large straight, which I eventually got, but it was too late.

Dry

suliso
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Oh, and about Slingo, I just took a shot at that one about 2 hours ago... Completed all the cells, got 6 Yahtzees, including two yahtzees of 6s that I got to count as sixes (they were the two extra yahtzees), and I was still 25 points short. That's enraging. And it's all because I had to blow three chance scores because I was chasing the last large straight, which I eventually got, but it was too late.

Dry

:p

I didn't have any extra yahtzees and only 8 points (barely enough for a bonus) on my last throw so it could have been even better.

dryrunguy
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
:p

I didn't have any extra yahtzees and only 8 points (barely enough for a bonus) on my last throw so it could have been even better.

Maybe it scored yours wrong... LOL! Naw, I remember with the highest score I ever got (the current one for me), I didn't have any extra yahtzees on that one, either. It CAN be done. It just takes forever. Not that I let that stop me from trying.

Dry

beaujarkko
07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
1290 would've been a great score too!!

You're telling me!

oploskoffie
07-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Live from the Slingo tournament: "This score was not submitted from the game. Your score will not be saved."

:rolleyes:

Oh well... On to my last chance...

- edit -

And twice :pissedoff:

Meh... Oh well. Can't be helped. Good luck to all who remain :)

suliso
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
What happens if two players in a tournament have identical score? (like me and dry in para-slingo dice at the moment)

dryrunguy
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM
What happens if two players in a tournament have identical score? (like me and dry in para-slingo dice at the moment)

OUCH. That's a really good question. I guess we'll find out???

Dry

dryrunguy
07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I just played my last game on the Slingo tournament... Couldn't beat the tied score. So I guess it's up to you, suliso. And from there, if you don't come up with something higher, I guess we'll see what it does?

Dry

suliso
07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, I just played my last game on the Slingo tournament... Couldn't beat the tied score. So I guess it's up to you, suliso. And from there, if you don't come up with something higher, I guess we'll see what it does?

Dry

ok, I will try in 5 min

suliso
07-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Dry

May be some other time - I managed 1193 :D

I suspect you would have won with a tie since you posted it first.

dryrunguy
07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
May be some other time - I managed 1193 :D

I suspect you would have won with a tie since you posted it first.

Well done, suliso! Good luck in the final!

Dry

Jay
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
I created an 8-player Disco Bowling tourney.

Join.
Now.
Or.

die. *music from the movie psycho plays*

dryrunguy
07-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, I give up on the tournaments. I haven't won a thing is ages. :mad: But congratulations to salmon! You advance in the Pool Tournament! Good luck with Mr. Koffie, though. You're gonna need it. :shocked:

Dry

morct
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, I give up on the tournaments. I haven't won a thing is ages. :mad: But congratulations to salmon! You advance in the Pool Tournament! Good luck with Mr. Koffie, though. You're gonna need it. :shocked:

Dry

Thanks for your vote of confidence there dry!

dryrunguy
07-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Thanks for your vote of confidence there dry!

Um, well, I think that one just plain clearly falls within the giant OOPS category...

Good luck, morct!!!!!

We need an "egg on the face" smiley...

Dry

oploskoffie
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm afraid to do anything now :undecided:

morct
07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm afraid to do anything now :undecided:

That's all right Mr. Koffie - I won't be terminally offended if you win by 200000 points. :)

morct
07-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Um, well, I think that one just plain clearly falls within the giant OOPS category...

Good luck, morct!!!!!

We need an "egg on the face" smiley...

Dry

That's all right Dry! :D

oploskoffie
07-31-2007, 02:08 PM
That's all right Mr. Koffie - I won't be terminally offended if you win by 200000 points. :)

Is that number a challenge? :p

morct
07-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Is that number a challenge? :p

Why not?? :D

oploskoffie
07-31-2007, 02:16 PM
Why not?? :D

Fine. So be it. I'll try :D

morct
07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Fine. So be it. I'll try :D

Well done!

I think pool is my new favourite game..

oploskoffie
07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Well done!

I think pool is my new favourite game..

I only got two tries in - apparently you finished your run before me. Oh well ;)

Hope to see you in another tournament some time. On the other side of the draw ;)

dryrunguy
08-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Foul. Everytime I register for a tournament, I draw oohsalmon... I feel like Juan Ignacio Chela, and he's Sergio Roitman. :mad:

Dry

oploskoffie
08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Foul. Everytime I register for a tournament, I draw oohsalmon... I feel like Juan Ignacio Chela, and he's Sergio Roitman. :mad:

Dry

Guess oohsalmon would do well to not sign up for the bowling tournament then, Mr. 290 ;)

dryrunguy
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Guess oohsalmon would do well to not sign up for the bowling tournament then, Mr. 290 ;)

Just watch and wait, Mr. Koffie. I'll find a way to screw that up. Write it down.

Dry

bea26
08-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm outraged. I worked tirelessly for 20 min. to amass my 20 top scores and now they're all gone. Selfish! Some people will do anything for attention.

Kirkus
08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm outraged. I worked tirelessly for 20 min. to amass my 20 top scores and now they're all gone. Selfish! Some people will do anything for attention.

Don't you wish you're girlfriend was hot like Bea.

:hyst::hyst:

bea26
08-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Don't you wish you're girlfriend was hot like Bea.

:hyst::hyst:

Aw. Thanks for the attention. http://www.dyxploitation.nu/issue7/iss7images/12t_jerri.jpg

bea26
08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that this mahjong game here is insanely insane? It doesn't tell you when there are no matches left, I've played like 10 times and have yet to finish one. I'm usually better at this game than this...

dryrunguy
08-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that this mahjong game here is insanely insane? It doesn't tell you when there are no matches left, I've played like 10 times and have yet to finish one. I'm usually better at this game than this...

That IS very annoying... Usually it not only tells you when there are no matches left, but how many matches there are... In the game I used to have on my system, it drove me crazy when it said I had 8 matches but I couldn't see a damn one...

Dry

oohsalmon
08-04-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.dyxploitation.nu/issue7/iss7images/12t_jerri.jpg

LOVE Strangers With Candy! And Amy Sedaris in general.

Anywho, a big congrats to Oploskoffie for winning the first ever Pool Jam tournament in dominating fashion! By my count this is Mr. Koffie's 7th career title, the same number of singles titles that Fernando Gonzalez and Anabel Medina Garrigues have won!

oohsalmon
08-04-2007, 12:44 AM

Dry

I know!

I did some quick stat compilation...

Dry and I have entered the same tournament ten times. Seven of those times we have met in the first round. We have actually been more likely to meet in the first round of eight-player draws than four-player draws. We've met in the first round of five of the six eight-player draws we've both entered, but only two of the four four-player draws.

The Rundown:

Game - # of Entries - First Round oohsalmon vs. dryrunguy?

Ball of Madness - 4 - Yes
Yahtzee - 8 - No
Deal or No Deal - 8 - Yes
Disco Bowling - 8 - Yes
Pool Jam - 4 - Yes
Deal or No Deal - 4 - No
Deal or No Deal - 4 - No
Ball of Madness - 8 - Yes
Slingo Para-Dice - 8 - Yes
Yahtzee - 8 - Yes

It's quite nuts.

But it's been fun.

Edited to add: I don't see that much Roitman/Chela history... http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Roitman%2C+Sergio&player2=chela

I had originally called us the Radriantefy/Serena
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/2/players/playerprofiles/playerheadtoheaddetail.asp?PlayerID=230234&Player1ID=180234&x=3&y=9

Anyone have any suggestions?

Jay
08-04-2007, 03:34 AM
There's an open slot for the Disco bowling tourney. Anyone up to join us?

luvs10s
08-05-2007, 08:02 AM

I've only managed to get it out once - I was so proud of myself. I'm beginning to think it was a fluke though. I've been playing most of the night at work for the last two nights and haven't managed it again.

I also find it frustrating that it doesn't tell you when there are no matches left. I seem to be staring the screen for ages before I finally decide there can't be any left and reset. (knowing my luck there were probably half a dozen moves - but I'm just too blind to spot them).

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey, salmon, when you get bored and have a minute, check out the Disco Bowling and Deal or No Deal Draws...

Dry

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I will NEVER, EVER register for another Deal or No Deal Tournament again.

NEVER!

Dry

Foxykhat
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I will NEVER, EVER register for another Deal or No Deal Tournament again.

NEVER!

Dry

ROFL why? I haven't played that game since I lost in the last tournament.

Foxy

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
ROFL why? I haven't played that game since I lost in the last tournament.

Foxy

Because I can never get more that $75 or so... The first 10 cases I pick are always the biggest ones, so I never have a good "deal" to pick... It's the same thing every time. I'm DONE! Moreso than Tim Henman! And THAT's bad...

Dry

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
So, I've decided to create Yahtzee and Slingo Para-Dice tournaments... Something I MIGHT have a REMOTE chance at with any luck at all... :mad:

Please join. :cheesy:

Dry

suliso
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
So, I've decided to create Yahtzee and Slingo Para-Dice tournaments... Something I MIGHT have a REMOTE chance at with any luck at all... :mad:

Please join. :cheesy:

Dry

Always ready for these :woot:

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Always ready for these :woot:

Cool! I'm 99% sure I'll draw salmon again in the first round for both. It just always works out that way... :mad:

Dry

Foxykhat
08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Because I can never get more that $75 or so... The first 10 cases I pick are always the biggest ones, so I never have a good "deal" to pick... It's the same thing every time. I'm DONE! Moreso than Tim Henman! And THAT's bad...

Dry

LMFFAO!!! And thought it was because you could not get anyone to play, but I know what you mean because that is what killed me in the last tournament I played.

So there won't be any DRY HILL?!

Foxy

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 08:11 PM
LMFFAO!!! And thought it was because you could not get anyone to play, but I know what you mean because that is what killed me in the last tournament I played.

So there won't be any DRY HILL?!

Foxy

When it comes to Deal or No Deal tournaments, you might as well just call it for what it is... an ant hill...

Dry

oohsalmon
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Cool! I'm 99% sure I'll draw salmon again in the first round for both. It just always works out that way... :mad:

Dry

I managed to avoid you in Yahtzee! Other side of the draw, in fact!:)

But I drew my sister... :mad: And she, as you can tell from her tournament track record, is quite the Yahtzee supastar.

oohsalmon
08-06-2007, 10:05 PM

Just watch and wait, Mr. Koffie. I'll find a way to screw that up. Write it down.

Dry

I thought I was going to pull off the upset of the century during my first game... I rolled strikes on my first three and last three rolls... it was the in between that stunk it up. Two more chances to do the impossible...

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought I was going to pull off the upset of the century during my first game... I rolled strikes on my first three and last three rolls... it was the in between that stunk it up. Two more chances to do the impossible...

I'm using a different mouse tonight, and my shot is WAY off... :mad:

Dry

oohsalmon
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm using a different mouse tonight, and my shot is WAY off... :mad:

Dry

You survived. I totally am not a pressure bowler. After my second game, I went to go practice in the arcade, and rolled a 269. I come back, and my shot is totally inconsistant, and I get a 209.

I have known for some time that I'm not a pressure bowler. Years ago my high school tennis team and our coaches went to a bowling alley one night, competing to see who would have the best score over two games. I dominated the first game, but once the pressure was on me in the second game, and everyone was watching me, I totally stunk up the joint. But I digress...

Well done Dry. Make me proud the rest of the way :)

(Btw, can we get some seedings in these tournaments?);)

dryrunguy
08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, I'm sorry, salmon... But truth be told, you've been kicking my ass in these tournaments... I deserve ONE every now and then. But since I like you so much, I'm SICK of drawing you. LOL!

Dry

oohsalmon
08-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, I'm sorry, salmon... But truth be told, you've been kicking my ass in these tournaments... I deserve ONE every now and then. But since I like you so much, I'm SICK of drawing you. LOL!

Dry

Oh by all means. There's no one I'd rather lose to first round :)

Especially on Disco Bowling. That's totally your turf. For now, anyway... After all, Ball of Madness was totally my turf 'til you came along. ;)

Jay
08-06-2007, 10:53 PM
There's still an open slot in the Disco Bowling tourney.

anyone wanna join?

oohsalmon
08-07-2007, 12:30 AM
There's still an open slot in the Disco Bowling tourney.

anyone wanna join?

The tournament is up and running, Jessie!

In fact, I'm already eliminated, and Dry has just about booked his spot in the final.

Jay
08-07-2007, 02:59 AM
The tournament is up and running, Jessie!

In fact, I'm already eliminated, and Dry has just about booked his spot in the final.

I see it is now!
:woot:

oy vey, I'm in Jtcontinental's side of the draw, though. =/
Well, at least I wasn't on your guys' side. Dry and Oploskoffie on the same side of the draw...sheesh!

lol

now..Jtcontinental needs to make his move ;)

I don't make the first move.
;)

oploskoffie
08-07-2007, 03:46 AM
Dry and Oploskoffie on the same side of the draw...sheesh!

Whoever goes through to face Dry, well... Him and his 290, that's just :shocked:

Jay
08-07-2007, 04:46 AM

Dry

the only way you guys can, for sure, end up on opposite ends of the draw is this: one of you guys make the tourney, and the other one has to be the first to sign up. That's the only way it will happen.

Jay
08-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I just joined the connect four tourney, and that means it's now up and running :D

I'm pretty certain Ill go out in the first round. ;)

--cj--
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
so what happens in a tournament if you tie the score of your opponent? i'm wondering if the person who scored it first wins the tie?

oohsalmon
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
the only way you guys can, for sure, end up on opposite ends of the draw is this: one of you guys make the tourney, and the other one has to be the first to sign up. That's the only way it will happen.

Doesn't work. I've wound up next to Dry in an 8-player bracket when we were the first two. The placement is totally random.:(

oohsalmon
08-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Doesn't work. I've wound up next to Dry in an 8-player bracket when we were the first two. The placement is totally random.:(

Case in point, the Smack the Penguin draw with --cj-- and me.

That's very good for me though, as I definitely don't want to go up against Dry in Smack. At least not til the finals.

Jay
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM

hmmm that's odd.
'cause I remember, when Oploskoffie and I would be the first to sign up for a tourney, we would ALWAYS be on EXACT opposite sides of the draw.

maybe the arcade just hates you two.

oohsalmon
08-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Tournament talk:

First off, I love tournaments. They give me the bracket structure I know and love. I just got lucky enough to reel off three or four tournament wins in the last half-hour, and it was awesome. :)

Secondly, does anyone see a major glitch with the finals of the Deal or No Deal tournament? Or is that just me...

Lastly, I don't know what I was thinking when I set up a /1 Simon tournament. That stress took years off my life.

Jay
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Tournament talk:

First off, I love tournaments. They give me the bracket structure I know and love. I just got lucky enough to reel off three or four tournament wins in the last half-hour, and it was awesome. :)

Secondly, does anyone see a major glitch with the finals of the Deal or No Deal tournament? Or is that just me...

Lastly, I don't know what I was thinking when I set up a /1 Simon tournament. That stress took years off my life.

before the tournament wins were being saved, I won Pacman(or was it Moon lander..or both? I forget)..*sigh* good times, good times.

anywho..

I just lost in connect four (ugh..I was quite close to winning too).
So basically, It's you and Mikel in the semi's.

oohsalmon
08-08-2007, 12:29 AM
before the tournament wins were being saved, I won Pacman(or was it Moon lander..or both? I forget)..*sigh* good times, good times.

Here is a tournament you won in Pacman, Jessie! (Consider it a birthday present :))

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/arcade.php?&do=viewtourney&tid=1

Wear your crown proudly on your birthday and every other day!

If you want an actual crown, I'm partial to the Burger King ones.

morct
08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Hurrah! I beat Mr. Koffie in a tournament! :D

*sorry Mr. Koffie, couldn't resist crowing a little :kiss:*

oploskoffie
08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Hurrah! I beat Mr. Koffie in a tournament! :D

*sorry Mr. Koffie, couldn't resist crowing a little :kiss:*

Thank you for putting me out of my misery :kiss: That score was seriously not sitting well with me - at all. Good luck in the next rounds!

dryrunguy
08-09-2007, 05:32 AM
Well done, Mr. Jiggy, on the Yahtzee score!!!

Dry

munchin
08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Why have I never seen a Tetris tournament on here before now? Tetris seems like the best game to have a tournament in.

Foxykhat
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Why have I never seen a Tetris tournament on here before now? Tetris seems like the best game to have a tournament in.

I hear ya!!!

Foxy

oploskoffie
08-10-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm looking forward to the Tetris tourney :) Depending on the run of the blocks, anything can happen! :D:lipsrsealed:

Foxykhat
08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm looking forward to the Tetris tourney :) Depending on the run of the blocks, anything can happen! :D:lipsrsealed:

And here I was thinking I could ask for Koffie to be excluded from this one. LOL!

Foxy

morct
08-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Tetris drives me insane - I see afterimages of the blocks for hours afterwards, lol.

oploskoffie
08-10-2007, 01:37 PM
And here I was thinking I could ask for Koffie to be excluded from this one. LOL!

Foxy

Hey... You seem to be figuring it out ;) Nearly doubled your previous best :notworthy:

Foxykhat
08-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey... You seem to be figuring it out ;) Nearly doubled your previous best :notworthy:

Man I was so cooking with gas, had no idea what the score was, looked up and panicked.

I did give you credit though, you so deserved it.

Foxy

oploskoffie
08-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Man I was so cooking with gas, had no idea what the score was, looked up and panicked.

I did give you credit though, you so deserved it.

Foxy

Thankies for that ;) Now then... How's about you complete the field for the Tetris tourney? :D

Foxykhat
08-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Thankies for that ;) Now then... How's about you complete the field for the Tetris tourney? :D

DONE!!!!!!!!! I see I don't stand a chance with that field!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

JTContinental
08-10-2007, 03:11 PM
DONE!!!!!!!!! I see I don't stand a chance with that field!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Foxy

I bet you'll beat me! :cheesy:

munchin
08-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Foxy

You were exactly the person I did NOT want to play in the first round, that's for sure. Curse the draw gods.

Foxykhat
08-10-2007, 03:35 PM
You were exactly the person I did NOT want to play in the first round, that's for sure. Curse the draw gods.

Says the guy that has already set an unbeatable score!!! MEH!!!!!!!!

oploskoffie
08-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Keep the faith, Foxy! See the challenge! :kiss:

munchin
08-10-2007, 03:51 PM

Yeah, but if you beat that, I don't think I could repeat it. I haven't concentrated that hard on anything in like a year.

munchin
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
611,000, koffie? Honestly. I had hoped to win this tournament for a couple of minutes. Please say that's a scoring glitch.

oploskoffie
08-10-2007, 05:34 PM
611,000, koffie? Honestly. I had hoped to win this tournament for a couple of minutes. Please say that's a scoring glitch.

:lipsrsealed:

I messed up my first try, though. Nearly the second one too, which would have left me with sub-100K. I still say anything can happen. :freekingout:

Foxykhat
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM

:lipsrsealed:

I messed up my first try, though. Nearly the second one too, which would have left me with sub-100K. I still say anything can happen. :freekingout:

ROFL I retire BRUISED!

Foxy

oploskoffie
08-11-2007, 08:53 AM
ROFL I retire BRUISED!

Foxy

I'm calling the trainer. The game needs you, Foxy :D

sblanc
08-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Please somebody, I'm supposed to be playing in the Connect 4 Tourney, but havn't a clue how to go about it. Help!
S

oploskoffie
08-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Please somebody, I'm supposed to be playing in the Connect 4 Tourney, but havn't a clue how to go about it. Help!
S

Hi :) If you go to the Arcade, then click on the link "Tournaments", you will see all the current tournaments listed. From there, you select the Connect 4 tournament by clicking "View Tournament". Now you will see all the people who entered this tournament in little green brackets. In the bracket with your own name, there is also a link "play". Click that to play the game!

Each time you play the game one of your, in this case three, chances to post a score will be used. After you've played three tournament games in this round, you will have to wait and see if you opponent has posted or will post a higher or lower score. If you win, all the above can be repeated. If you lose, ehm... Let's not think about that ;) Good luck!

sblanc
08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Thank you Oplo :)

mmmm8
08-11-2007, 08:56 PM
So, I was playing Solitaire, and I got through most of the deck, and the 8 of hearts was just not there.

That was interesting

oploskoffie
08-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Well now, oohsalmon... Seems you and I are finding each other in the draw quite a bit these days, case and point being the Chopper Challenge tournament... :undecided:

oploskoffie
08-12-2007, 03:10 AM
So, I was playing Solitaire, and I got through most of the deck, and the 8 of hearts was just not there.

That was interesting

Weird if nothing else. Seems someone cheated.

Jay
08-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Well now, oohsalmon... Seems you and I are finding each other in the draw quite a bit these days, case and point being the Chopper Challenge tournament... :undecided:

Yep, and I'm also on that side of the draw :undecided:.

Anywho..I got bored, so I created an Alpha Force tourney :D

I don't think we've had that tourney yet.

oploskoffie
08-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Yep, and I'm also on that side of the draw :undecided:.

Anywho..I got bored, so I created an Alpha Force tourney :D

I don't think we've had that tourney yet.

No worries on that one, Jessie. Chopper Challenge is a funny little game. You scratch your bum just once at the wrong time during flight and you crash against a cloud :p

Alpha Force tourney? I'm signing up!

mmmm8
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I just spent about 15 minutes trying to beat bea for the lowest score in pinball. I couldn't do it. I think my lowest was 6000.

oohsalmon
08-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I just looked at my rankings, and saw that I'm only in 1st place in one game (Hexxagon). This wouldn't be particularly noteworthy, except for the fact that I'm 2nd in eight games, and 3rd in twelve games.

Bridesmaid much, oohsalmon? :p

Foxykhat
08-13-2007, 03:21 PM

MEH 97,100 and I was still eliminated. Munchin I hope I don't ever draw you again.

Foxy

Foxykhat
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is this possible?! This is like Justine and Serena.

So I joined the DOND tournament and click on JTContinental's name thinking I could trick the system, but I ended up with Munchin.

BTW does Fruit Smash hangs for anyone else? It does this every freaking time I'm doing well ((9000 plus or so) with 50 lines to go. URRGH!!!

Foxy

Kirkus
08-13-2007, 04:14 PM

So I joined the DOND tournament and click on JTContinental's name thinking I could trick the system, but I ended up with Munchin.

BTW does Fruit Smash hangs for anyone else? It does this every freaking time I'm doing well ((9000 plus or so) with 50 lines to go. URRGH!!!

Foxy

It does hang up on everyone now and again.

Foxykhat
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
It does hang up on everyone now and again.

Thanks Kirkus. It's annoying but I still like it though.

Foxy

oohsalmon
08-13-2007, 05:09 PM
That was pathetic. I just lost all three games in my first round of the Connect 4 tournament :(

Kirkus
08-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks Kirkus. It's annoying but I still like it though.

Foxy

I like it too, but it always seems to hang up on me when I've got a good game going. :mad:

munchin
08-13-2007, 05:43 PM

Foxy

don't worry. I'm awful at DoND. I think in the last tournament I had $500. If it makes you feel better, I totally screwed up twice in my 2nd round at Tetris and my score is utterly beatable.

mmmm8
08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
A tournament for a game based on luck with no required thought or actions? Count me in!

oohsalmon
08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
A tournament for a game based on luck with no required thought or actions? Count me in!

I respectfully disagree. Going first in a DonD tournament takes quite a bit of skill. It's going second that's so easy.

oohsalmon
08-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Dry, have you ever gotten 159 through the first two levels of Ball of Madness? I did for the first time. I had never gotten more than 158 before.

The rest of my jewels were terrible, though :)

mmmm8
08-14-2007, 04:23 AM
I respectfully disagree. Going first in a DonD tournament takes quite a bit of skill. It's going second that's so easy.

That's true. But I just usually go for the million or bust :)

Jay
08-14-2007, 05:28 AM
there's only one spot left in Chopper challenge..join! :D :D

dryrunguy
08-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Dry, have you ever gotten 159 through the first two levels of Ball of Madness? I did for the first time. I had never gotten more than 158 before.

The rest of my jewels were terrible, though :)

I don't think so, salmon. I've tried a million times just to get 66 on the first level. Have never done better than 65. 159 is a great score for two levels, though! Well done! But yeah, it doesn't help much if you can't get gold or pink jewels thereafter.

Dry

mmmm8
08-14-2007, 08:47 AM
OMG!

That was the worst game of DoND I've ever played. I had to beat 148M, and then in the first 10 cases, I opened, everything over 100,000 was gone!

And then I just kept opening the big cases. I was finally ready to settle down with $7500 or $75 when I clicked on the last suitcase too fast and everything froze. This has gotta be the first 0 in DOND history!

:hyst:

dryrunguy
08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, I've been waiting for Charlie to make a run at Frogger like he did last month, but it turns out that salmon beat him to the punch! Well done, salmon.

But truth be told, you're starting to annoy me. :cheesy:

Dry

oohsalmon
08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, I've been waiting for Charlie to make a run at Frogger like he did last month, but it turns out that salmon beat him to the punch! Well done, salmon.

But truth be told, you're starting to annoy me. :cheesy:

Dry

:)

Truth be told, my Frogger run had been a long time coming. I had been lurking in second in some time.

Far more shocking to me was that I managed to tie you in Flash Golf. I improved my round by ten strokes in one game. It was very cool.

It's been a nice first half of August for me in the arcade :)

dryrunguy
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
:)

Truth be told, my Frogger run had been a long time coming. I had been lurking in second in some time.

Far more shocking to me was that I managed to tie you in Flash Golf. I improved my round by ten strokes in one game. It was very cool.

It's been a nice first half of August for me in the arcade :)

Well, now that my nephew has tied the knot and everything at the office is under control, I see that I have some catching up to do in the arcade. ;)

Dry

oploskoffie
08-16-2007, 08:17 AM
morct, darrrrrrrrrrlink... :D Am I allowed to enter the new pool tournament? :lipsrsealed:

morct
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
morct, darrrrrrrrrrlink... :D Am I allowed to enter the new pool tournament? :lipsrsealed:

Only if I don't meet you in the first round again. :D

oploskoffie
08-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Only if I don't meet you in the first round again. :D

If I enter now, I believe that won't happen :) So, here I go... I've seen people's scores go up recently, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge ahead :)

morct
08-16-2007, 08:40 AM
If I enter now, I believe that won't happen :) So, here I go... I've seen people's scores go up recently, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge ahead :)

Good luck!

oploskoffie
08-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Good luck!

Opposite sides of the draw :D Good luck to you too ;)

oohsalmon
08-21-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think so, salmon. I've tried a million times just to get 66 on the first level. Have never done better than 65. 159 is a great score for two levels, though! Well done! But yeah, it doesn't help much if you can't get gold or pink jewels thereafter.

Dry

I got a 66! :cheesy: It is doable!

Rest of the game was hell, as usual. :(

oploskoffie
08-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Well screw that.... I just tried to load my DoND tournament game, it gave me a blank page and now it's registered a zero score?

I am NOT amused.

:mad:

Madame
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
:laugh:
that's too bad, for me it worked fine ...
but my opponent had the highest score of the tournament :(

oploskoffie
08-24-2007, 04:04 AM
:laugh:
that's too bad, for me it worked fine ...
but my opponent had the highest score of the tournament :(

If you're actually laughing at my misfortune, then I'm happy for your opponent.

:D ;)

Madame
08-24-2007, 04:24 AM
If you're actually laughing at my misfortune, then I'm happy for your opponent.

:D ;)

Yes, so am I ! Since you scored 0 he can win with 1 $
;)

oploskoffie
08-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Yes, so am I ! Since you scored 0 he can win with 1 $
;)

You're *such* a *nice* French Gal.

I need a serious drink now. :undecided:

--cj--
08-24-2007, 10:02 AM
i am the lucky recipient of the "walkover" from Koffie! sorry about the bad luck, kid. i'll try to make you proud in the final. if it makes you feel better, i didn't win with $1, i won with $500. ;)

oploskoffie
08-24-2007, 10:10 AM
i am the lucky recipient of the "walkover" from Koffie! sorry about the bad luck, kid. i'll try to make you proud in the final. if it makes you feel better, i didn't win with $1, i won with $500. ;)

Kid? :D

Anyhoot. Congrats, and good luck in the final ;) And thank you for not winning this with $0,01. :D

JTContinental
08-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Jeez, I leave town for 3 days, and my Pool Jam dominance is completely destroyed. As if it wasn't depressing enough to be in Hibbing, Minnesota. :pissedoff:

oploskoffie
08-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Jeez, I leave town for 3 days, and my Pool Jam dominance is completely destroyed. As if it wasn't depressing enough to be in Hibbing, Minnesota. :pissedoff:

You still have the regular competition highscore ;) Mine is just a tournament highscore. They are mentioned as the highscorein the arcade.

I'm looking forward to returning to regular competition next month. The time off has made me hungry :D

oohsalmon
08-25-2007, 02:36 AM
You still have the regular competition highscore ;) Mine is just a tournament highscore. They are mentioned as the highscorein the arcade.

I managed to change that :)

oploskoffie
08-25-2007, 02:58 AM
I managed to change that :)

Did you ever! Great score! :shocked:

oohsalmon
08-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Did you ever! Great score! :shocked:

Thank you :)

Now if only I could manage to break four digits in the mahjong tournament. The first time dry and I meet outside of the first round of a tournament, and I stink up the joint. Both my boards were impossible to win...I hate that game, but can never turn down a tournament.

I've only beaten mahjong once and I understand the rules and everything completely.:confused:

dryrunguy
08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Damn, I suggested to my buddy, dolphins343, that he check out Chopper Challenge... So he does. He plays a few. Then he registers for a Chopper Challenge tournament. Then he posts a score in the tournament that I'll be very, very lucky to beat.

I think I've decided I talk too much.

Dry

dryrunguy
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Damn, I suggested to my buddy, dolphins343, that he check out Chopper Challenge... So he does. He plays a few. Then he registers for a Chopper Challenge tournament. Then he posts a score in the tournament that I'll be very, very lucky to beat.

I think I've decided I talk too much.

Dry

Got the little beast. Bwahaha on him... He's going to kill me when he sees this. Hope he still wants to share the hotel bill in New York. :cheesy:

Dry

oohsalmon
08-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Your "friend" just blindsidingly took me out of the Pool Jam tournament :mad:

dryrunguy
08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Your "friend" just blindsidingly took me out of the Pool Jam tournament :mad:

He was here earlier, and I was cooking dinner... He was playing on my computer. I guess he had a good night in the arcade. We have to watch him. He picks up all the games like theyre nothing... While I have to practice for weeks.

Are you coming to the Tailgate, Salmon? If so, ask him about it... He makes me sick with how easy he picks up some of the games.

Dry

oohsalmon
08-26-2007, 09:56 PM
He was here earlier, and I was cooking dinner... He was playing on my computer. I guess he had a good night in the arcade. We have to watch him. He picks up all the games like theyre nothing... While I have to practice for weeks.

Are you coming to the Tailgate, Salmon? If so, ask him about it... He makes me sick with how easy he picks up some of the games.

Dry

I'm sadly not going to be able to make it to the tailgate :( I have to drive up to school in Ann Arbor Friday to move in Saturday, to get ready for class Tuesday. I'm very bummed about it.

If he picks up on games easily, he should try his hand at 20 Questions (as should you, Dry ;)). I'm plugging this thing to death, I know.

Btw I am very happy that my grasp on the leaderboard has held up this far... I was worried you were gonna come and steal it late in the month, Dry.

Have I spoken too soon?

dryrunguy
08-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm sadly not going to be able to make it to the tailgate :( I have to drive up to school in Ann Arbor Friday to move in Saturday, to get ready for class Tuesday. I'm very bummed about it.

If he picks up on games easily, he should try his hand at 20 Questions (as should you, Dry ;)). I'm plugging this thing to death, I know.

Btw I am very happy that my grasp on the leaderboard has held up this far... I was worried you were gonna come and steal it late in the month, Dry.

Have I spoken too soon?

I've never done well on the leaderboard, salmon. I don't know why. I can't figure it out.

thanks for the reminder about 20 questions. I'm going to do that now!!! Totally forgot with all the other contests going on!

Dry

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 01:26 AM
I've never done well on the leaderboard, salmon. I don't know why. I can't figure it out.

thanks for the reminder about 20 questions. I'm going to do that now!!! Totally forgot with all the other contests going on!

Dry

Dry, the leaderboard is all about playing a lot of games, and doing fairly well in all of them. In other words, you can win Wimbledon and still be ranked outside the top 10. It's that simple.

On BoM, I got a second first level 66, and 250 through the first three levels.

Then green as far as the eye can see :(

We should have a duel of a jewelless tournament sometime.

oohsalmon
08-27-2007, 01:29 AM

Dry

The leaderboard is all about playing a lot of the games and doing fairly well in all of them, not just about shining in several. Put another way, you can win Wimbledon (and Memphis) and still be ranked outside the top 10.

In other news, I got another first level 66 in BoM, and then went on to get 250 through three levels, which is stupendous. After that, sadly, it was green as far as the eye can see :(

We should have a duel of a two-player BoM tournament sometime, Dry, in which we pledge to never hit any jewels.

dolphins343
08-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Here to say good job to oplo, I try hard next time. You are good.

oploskoffie
08-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Here to say good job to oplo, I try hard next time. You are good.

I have NO idea what I did to deserve this, but thank you! :)

dryrunguy
09-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't do hardly anything in the arcade... Some program keeps loading or updating or whatever and it screws up anything that requires movement... I guess I'm restricted to Yahtzee and Para-Dice until I figure it out. Major bummer. I try Chopper Challenge or anything else that requires movement and it just falls out of nowhere because something else is going on in my system.

Dry

oploskoffie
09-05-2007, 09:02 AM
I can't do hardly anything in the arcade... Some program keeps loading or updating or whatever and it screws up anything that requires movement... I guess I'm restricted to Yahtzee and Para-Dice until I figure it out. Major bummer. I try Chopper Challenge or anything else that requires movement and it just falls out of nowhere because something else is going on in my system.

Dry

Dry, dude... If not hardware wise, then most certainly software wise, you seem REALLY screwed :undecided:

dryrunguy
09-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Dry, dude... If not hardware wise, then most certainly software wise, you seem REALLY screwed :undecided:

I don't know how to describe it... It's very minor... Like a program is loading or updating. The disruption is very minor, but it's just enough to make the chopper ignore your space bar and fly straight into an pyramid... Or the ball in Ball of Madness to not turn as directed. It wasn't doing that before I went to New York. It's very minor. But it's just enough. Sucky sucky sucky! I can't win with puters.

Dry

oploskoffie
09-05-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't know how to describe it... It's very minor... Like a program is loading or updating. The disruption is very minor, but it's just enough to make the chopper ignore your space bar and fly straight into an pyramid... Or the ball in Ball of Madness to not turn as directed. It wasn't doing that before I went to New York. It's very minor. But it's just enough. Sucky sucky sucky! I can't win with puters.

Dry

Is there such a thing as a minor computer issue? :p

If you ever get any error messages or whatever, send me a screenshot.

dryrunguy
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Is there such a thing as a minor computer issue? :p

If you ever get any error messages or whatever, send me a screenshot.

It's not anything like that... You know how you get a status bar at the bottom of your screen when you're loading a new web page? And it shows how much of the page is loading? It's like that... But it's every 10 seconds or so... It's constant. But it only happens in the arcade. It's not doing it now and it's not doing it on any other page, either. Very strange. Maybe it was just a one-time thing?

Dry

morct
09-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Dry

I had that ages ago Dry when I was using Explorer. Used to drive me absolutely crazy.

On Mr. Koffie's advice I switched over to Firefox and it hasn't happened since.

dryrunguy
09-05-2007, 10:15 AM
I had that ages ago Dry when I was using Explorer. Used to drive me absolutely crazy.

On Mr. Koffie's advice I switched over to Firefox and it hasn't happened since.

But I never had that problem with Explorer before. It's strange that it just started last night out of nowhere... We'll see if I continue to have trouble with it. :confused:

Dry

Kirkus
09-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I know for me the games "redraw" every 10 seconds or so also, they always have for me. But it doesn't affect my browser (Firefox) except to show the status bar thingy that Dry's talking about.

Aren't you on a newer computer, Dry?

I'd definitely give Firefox a try if you're currently using Internet Explorer.

dryrunguy
09-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I know for me the games "redraw" every 10 seconds or so also, they always have for me. But it doesn't affect my browser (Firefox) except to show the status bar thingy that Dry's talking about.

Aren't you on a newer computer, Dry?

I'd definitely give Firefox a try if you're currently using Internet Explorer.

Yeah, it's not the puter. But why would it do that ONLY in the TAT arcade and not anywhere else?

Dry

dryrunguy
09-05-2007, 10:22 AM
I just played Chopper Challenge. No problem at all... Except of course for when I crashed into the ice... :rolleyes: Maybe it was just a one-time thing...

Dry

Kirkus
09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I just played Chopper Challenge. No problem at all... Except of course for when I crashed into the ice... :rolleyes: Maybe it was just a one-time thing...

Dry

Let's hope so. Keeping my fingers crossed.

oohsalmon
09-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I just had the most bizarre start to my Battleship game...

beaujarkko
09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
I have no idea what happened in the Simon tournament, but I scored 42 (42!) and I was "eliminated". NFI. So angry. But that does eclipse the previous best-ever mark by 6 points :)

Also, I think it's hilarious that every time I go into the arcade, I love seeing that Maid Marion is the king of the arcade.

dryrunguy
09-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I just had the most bizarre start to my Battleship game...

Very odd... Obscenely so... Did you beat my score???

Running off to check.

No, it didn't... Why not?

Dry

dryrunguy
09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Been meaning to applaud that Ball of Madness score of yours, salmon. Pure obscenity... :mad:

Well done! ;)

morct
09-11-2007, 05:24 AM
AIEEEEEEEEE I just scored 329 in Yahtzee to tie the leaders, and got a vBulletin message saying my score was not submitted and would not be saved. :pissedoff::pissedoff:

dryrunguy
09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Damn, atlpam... 44 on Solitaire? There's a new one for the all-time high (in this case, low) scores... Well done! I ain't even gonna TRY to top that one.

Dry

Kirkus
09-12-2007, 06:30 PM
AIEEEEEEEEE I just scored 329 in Yahtzee to tie the leaders, and got a vBulletin message saying my score was not submitted and would not be saved. :pissedoff::pissedoff:

Damn it!

I'm so sorry, morct. I'm hoping are upgrade will relieve that kind of headache.

:(

oohsalmon
09-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Very odd... Obscenely so... Did you beat my score???

Running off to check.

No, it didn't... Why not?

Dry

I had the damnedest time finding the last ship. And I hope your obscenely comment is referring to the subliminal phallus. ;)

Been meaning to applaud that Ball of Madness score of yours, salmon. Pure obscenity... :mad:

Well done! ;)

Thank you, but I merely tied your best :p

dryrunguy
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
I had the damnedest time finding the last ship. And I hope your obscenely comment is referring to the subliminal phallus. ;)

Thank you, but I merely tied your best :p

There's no way I'll beat your Ball of Madness score. I'll try, but if I had any sense, I'd give up the ghost. :rolleyes:

Dry

oploskoffie
09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Solitaire: 1 atlpam 44 Let's see how long I stay here...

My guess is forever :p 44 seconds? I can't speak for Dry, but I choked on my cornflakes when I saw that score!

dryrunguy
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Solitaire: 1 atlpam 44 Let's see how long I stay here...

My guess is forever :p 44 seconds? I can't speak for Dry, but I choked on my cornflakes when I saw that score!

Lucky you... I had to change underwear.

Dry

JTContinental
09-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Dry

I know exactly what you are talking about, dry. This happens to me all the time, too, which prevents me from kicking ass the way the good Lord intended in any game that involves chasing around a ball with a paddle.

mmmm8
09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
ARGH! I accidentally clicked on some key on my keyboard during my Mahjong game and it submitted my score! :mad:

I guess it's for the best as I was going to spend all night trying to beat Justme

oohsalmon
09-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I saw your apology to me, munchin, atop the Disco Bowling leaderboard, and was a little confused. Disco Bowling was never really my turf. Those are Dry's toes you stepped on, I just yelped on his behalf ;)

As proof of my mediocrity, I tried to beat my score to say this on the leaderboard, but I couldn't top my measly 202 :)

Rafa Boy has a much brighter future on the disco lanes (very impressive, GVG!).

munchin
09-13-2007, 11:03 PM
I saw your apology to me, munchin, atop the Disco Bowling leaderboard, and was a little confused. Disco Bowling was never really my turf. Those are Dry's toes you stepped on, I just yelped on his behalf ;)

As proof of my mediocrity, I tried to beat my score to say this on the leaderboard, but I couldn't top my measly 202 :)

Yeah, er, that was an elaborate joke. I was apologizing to you in advance for mixing you up with dry after a night of drinking and fake bowling...

dryrunguy
09-14-2007, 07:43 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about, dry. This happens to me all the time, too, which prevents me from kicking ass the way the good Lord intended in any game that involves chasing around a ball with a paddle.

Do you use Explorer or Firefox for your browser?

Dry

dryrunguy
09-14-2007, 07:45 AM

Nah, it's cool! Competition is great!

Dry

PeterSkan
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
OK - so I've been checking out the arcade lately ... and I've come to the conclusion that Alice is manipulating the results.

First of all, Jake is getting too many incredible cuts. He's generally easy to beat because he can't peg worth a damn, but the ridiculous cuts keep him competitive. So the high score of 287 is, like, unfathomable. What's it like to sleep with Alice? heheheheh

Now I'm ticked at Yahtzee. I get two Yahtzee's in the same game, but it won't let me score them both. I had to put my five fives in the fives row. I'm sure I remember being able to count all the Yatzee's in a single game as a Yahtzee worth 50 points each! Grrrrrrrrrrr! Base on these rules, Dry's high score is practically unassailable.

Alice! ... you ... you ... Slut!

Kirkus
09-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, Alice. You slut!!

LOL.

beaujarkko
09-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I think the Simon tournament needs to be deleted. It never let me play my second game and it's stopped working correctly... note how it says it's been 12 days since I've last played and though I've never been eliminated, it won't disqualify me.

oploskoffie
09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
I think the Simon tournament needs to be deleted. It never let me play my second game and it's stopped working correctly... note how it says it's been 12 days since I've last played and though I've never been eliminated, it won't disqualify me.

Consider it deleted :)

beaujarkko
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Consider it deleted :)

Too bad, too... would have been a nice showdown... riding a "42" into the semifinals ;)

oploskoffie
09-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Too bad, too... would have been a nice showdown... riding a "42" into the semifinals ;)

That 42 scares the *(@^@$ out of me. Rightly so, I'm sure :D

JTContinental
09-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Woo hoo, I actually won a tournament! Granted it was DOND, but I'll take what I can get.

dryrunguy
09-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Woo hoo, I actually won a tournament! Granted it was DOND, but I'll take what I can get.

Congrats, JT! I'm still pleased because that was the best I've ever done!

Dry

Jay
09-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I went ahead and registered for the Hexxagon tournament because it's been there forever.

I see a 1st round exit for me, however.

oohsalmon
09-22-2007, 10:55 AM
After 41 days in limbo, the Alpha Force tournament is up and running! Thanks to the two of you who answered my pleas.

I have gotten into a habit of hitting eject if I die early and accidentally did so on my first two tournament games. But luckily I pulled it together, and put together a very nice third game that I hope will see me through to the semis. :)

oploskoffie
09-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Yay for the Alpha Force tourney getting underway! :lovestruck:

Now then... How's about some people try a POOL tournament, eyh? :D

beaujarkko
09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I went ahead and registered for the Hexxagon tournament because it's been there forever.

I see a 1st round exit for me, however.

I was the other one who joined because it had been there forever. I am seriously not smart enough or patient enough or strategic enough to get a good score.

oohsalmon
09-27-2007, 10:01 PM
In the long awaited battle in a tournament final between the two traditional powers of Ball of Madness, the winner is...

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/customavatars/avatar298_11.gif
dryrunguy!

Very well done, my friend!

We should play a jewelless exo sometime. :)