PDA

View Full Version : Select your own favorite smilies

Kirkus
04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
One of the reasons I wanted to move to this forum software is the ability for members to customize it in different ways. I installed "Favorite Smilies" last night which will give you the ability to select up to 10 smilies that will be readily available to you while posting on TAT.

In your User CP there's a new area called, "Edit Favorite Smilies". You can also get there by clicking on the http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/favoritesmilies.gif in the Post New Thread or Post Reply areas. Here you can select up to 10 smilies that will now appear under the http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/smilie.gif drop down menu whenever you make a post.

winston
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I tried going to the User CP. Great list, but when I try to check one it tells me I can only have 0 smilies. Maybe I'm doing somehting wrong. Any suggestions?

Kirkus
04-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I tried going to the User CP. Great list, but when I try to check one it tells me I can only have 0 smilies. Maybe I'm doing somehting wrong. Any suggestions?

You're right, winston. Give me a few minutes to get this fixed. My apology.

Kirkus
04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Fixed.

The limit of Favorite Smilies is 10 and they will appear as your first 10 on the clickable smilies box to the right of where you type your post or in the drop down menu. I may up this to 12 or 14.

morct
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
That's just brilliant Kirkus, but upping the limit would be even better. :D

And I loved this one! :drunk1:

mrjiggyfly2
04-13-2007, 02:59 AM
Outstanding Captain K. And I was happy to see that if I needed to go outside my custom box, I could just click on the more button and have all available!:beer: :banana: :drunk2: :woohoo: :wall: :rockon: :pissedoff: :laugh: :freekingout: :boxing:

Those are my 10

mmmm8
04-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Awesome!!!

GVGirl
04-13-2007, 04:57 AM
:cool: :hyst: :grouphug:

Hewitt:evil:

:blahblah: :banana: :drunk2: :woohoo: :woot: :smitten:

My favorites!

Darcy
04-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Alright. I picked my favorite smilies, and it says my smilies are "on", but I don't see this drop down option when I'm posting. In other words, I can't find my smilies to use!!! Can someone tell me where they are? (And yes, I'm blonde. Sort of.)

mrjiggyfly2
04-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Darcy,

They should be right there on your right in plain view. If not, something went wrong and you may need to try again or have someone far more intelligent than me help you.

mmmm8
04-13-2007, 05:11 AM
Alright. I picked my favorite smilies, and it says my smilies are "on", but I don't see this drop down option when I'm posting. In other words, I can't find my smilies to use!!! Can someone tell me where they are? (And yes, I'm blonde. Sort of.)

Next to the "A" letter color changer and the clip mark in the top row when in the edit window (the row where the post is). They also replaced the default smilies to the right of my edit window

Ti-Amie
04-13-2007, 05:17 AM
This is such a cool feature. Thanks Kirkus!:)

Darcy
04-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Next to the "A" letter color changer and the clip mark in the top row when in the edit window (the row where the post is). They also replaced the default smilies to the right of my edit window

None of this shows up for me! My edit window (I'm assuming this is the text box I type my reply in) has no toolbar like it used to. I must have something chosen wrong in my options, but I can't find it.

mmmm8
04-13-2007, 05:26 AM
None of this shows up for me! My edit window (I'm assuming this is the text box I type my reply in) has no toolbar like it used to. I must have something chosen wrong in my options, but I can't find it.

Have you done this?

http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/showthread.php?t=5562

Darcy
04-13-2007, 05:28 AM
Have you done this?

http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/showthread.php?t=5562

Brilliant! And there they are. Thanks! :beer:

Foxykhat
04-13-2007, 06:33 AM
One of the reasons I wanted to move to this forum software is the ability for members to customize it in different ways. I installed "Favorite Smilies" last night which will give you the ability to select up to 10 smilies that will be readily available to you while posting on TAT.

In your User CP there's a new area called, "Edit Favorite Smilies". You can also get there by clicking on the http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/favoritesmilies.gif in the Post New Thread or Post Reply areas. Here you can select up to 10 smilies that will now appear under the http://forum.talkabouttennis.com/images/editor/smilie.gif drop down menu whenever you make a post.''

Thanks Kirkus, love this to death.:yahoo: :banana:

Foxy

mrjiggyfly2
04-13-2007, 08:18 AM
bump

Scotty
04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
:wiggle: Kirkus clearly knows what's important to us. :yikey:

:D Yay Kirkie! :yahoo:

:gossip: :grouphug:

My other 4 faves are more "Dumpster-flavored," so I'll save them until they're better suited to the occasion.

:wiggle: This one reminds me of Jessie. He can't sit still, either!

S

dryrunguy
04-13-2007, 09:39 AM
When am I going to get my motorboat smiley? :cool:

Dry

bea26
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Is there a finite # of these things you can put on the menu? If not, I say load it up. Clearly we're all children here, and we want more toys!

oploskoffie
04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
This, Kirkus, is gold. You know it. We know it. Thank you :D

Jay
04-13-2007, 10:17 AM
:wiggle: Kirkus clearly knows what's important to us. :yikey:

:D Yay Kirkie! :yahoo:

:gossip: :grouphug:

My other 4 faves are more "Dumpster-flavored," so I'll save them until they're better suited to the occasion.

:wiggle: This one reminds me of Jessie. He can't sit still, either!

S

Yes, Kirkus, like bea said, clearly realizes that we're children and we need our toys. lol.

speaking of smilies..i kind of like that star one Kirkus had in his first post..that would be a nice addition..someday.

anywho..

that smiley reminds you of me?
lol.
Well, I can be still.....

when i'm asleep.

Kirkus
04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Bumpity bump bump!

:slap:

mrjiggyfly2
04-14-2007, 05:20 AM
one more bump just in case