PDA

View Full Version : Recent Posts Bar

Kirkus
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Because our new forum doesn't allow members to control the number of posts diplayed on the Recent Posts Bar, the number will be the same for all of us. Keeping in mind that some of our members might have smaller monitors, how many posts should be displayed? There are currently 10.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm of the "more is better" kind, but I understand what a smaller screen means in this case. I voted for 15, which is about halfway towards what I'd like myself :D

shtexas
04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
15 is a nice compromise. More than 10, but 20 may be too many for some screens.

morct
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I voted 15 too.

Anymore might be a bit overwhelming - but it's good to be able to scan what's been going on while I've been sleeping and the last 15 threads is a pretty good overview.

Ti-Amie
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
15 worked perfectly on the old board.

jjnow
04-05-2007, 04:10 PM

jj

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 05:17 PM
I voted 15 without knowing that most everyone else did

mmmm8
04-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm the 20 voter, but really it's because the staff posts add to it, so I see fewer main board posts with 15. 15 is probably best for everyone

dryrunguy
04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
You are ALL wrong, except for one other besides me, of course. :D

The Recent Posts Bar should include as many threads as possible for people like me who don't live here and often have days where we can't check for several hours at a time because that blasted office I work for decides that WORK should actually interfere with TENNIS discussions.... How obscene is THAT? Morons.... They think that, just because they pay the bills, they should be able to run my life. Typical Republicans. :D

Of course, I'm just being selfish. :) If I have to dig for threads, I can. No biggie.

But I really WOULD prefer a larger number. And I don't see how a larger number would impact negatively on anyone else. Just my two cents. If you've already read the thread, it doesn't' matter, but at least it's there for the rest of us who haven't yet had a chance.

Dry

mmmm8
04-06-2007, 08:53 PM

The Recent Posts Bar should include as many threads as possible for people like me who don't live here and often have days where we can't check for several hours at a time because that blasted office I work for decides that WORK should actually interfere with TENNIS discussions.... How obscene is THAT? Morons.... They think that, just because they pay the bills, they should be able to run my life. Typical Republicans. :D

Of course, I'm just being selfish. :) If I have to dig for threads, I can. No biggie.

But I really WOULD prefer a larger number. And I don't see how a larger number would impact negatively on anyone else. Just my two cents. If you've already read the thread, it doesn't' matter, but at least it's there for the rest of us who haven't yet had a chance.

Dry

That makes me right. And you know I love to be right. Thanks, Dry

mrjiggyfly2
04-06-2007, 09:01 PM
That makes me right. And you know I love to be right. Thanks, Dry

4m,
I may have to break out that post you made after Davydenko took the first set this morning to keep you grounded. :D

mmmm8
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
4m,
I may have to break out that post you made after Davydenko took the first set this morning to keep you grounded. :D

I said I take it all back. That means it never happened.

Davydenko is back on my bad list.

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I've bumped the RPB up to show 15. Let's see how this goes.

If it's totally screwing with your browser window, don't hesitate to say so.

Jay
04-06-2007, 11:20 PM

Dry

ditto.
But 15, IMO, is a good compromise.