PDA

View Full Version : Masters Discussion Thread

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 10:07 AM
mickelson is playing me out of it already +5 thru 7 holes.
:undecided:

dryrunguy
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
mickelson is playing me out of it already +5 thru 7 holes.
:undecided:

Were you and I the only ones who picked him? I see he's up to +4 now. :undecided:
But he's in serious jeopardy of not even making today's cut.

Dry

dryrunguy
04-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but was IS the cut for today?

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Were you and I the only ones who picked him? I see he's up to +4 now. :undecided:
But he's in serious jeopardy of not even making today's cut.

Dry

they won't cut players until after play is completed tomorrow. But for him to start this way is just horrible and it certainly does not bode well for him making the 36 hole cut.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but was IS the cut for today?

Dry

There is, fortunately for some, no cut after the first day. This is done at the end of day two. We'll see tomorrow who's in and who's headed home to pout ;)

dryrunguy
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks, guys.

Can I get honest opinions from the experts? Here's my team. Honestly, did I even pick a good team?

Woods (of course)
Mickelson (you'd have thought; even I have heard of him)

Clark
Olazabel
O'Hern

Jiminez
Wier

Beem
Mayfair

How did I pick them? I checked last year's standings and just picked the highest placing guys in each group. Not very scientific.

Dry

morct
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
we've all picked Woods, so that pick is now neutralised for everyone..

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks, guys.

Can I get honest opinions from the experts? Here's my team. Honestly, did I even pick a good team?

Woods (of course)
Mickelson (you'd have thought; even I have heard of him)

Clark
Olazabel
O'Hern

Jiminez
Wier

Beem
Mayfair

How did I pick them? I checked last year's standings and just picked the highest placing guys in each group. Not very scientific.

Dry

You're a big factor. Rich Beem is the co-leader!!! And he's a D player! Tim Clark had a nice round. O'Hern and Mayfair didn't help today, but everybody is going to have a diappointemnt or two on their team. The choice of Beem is looking really nice.

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
I could kick my on rear end for choosing Fred Funk. He played the front nine in Even par. The last 6 holes, he's +10. :(

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I could kick my on rear end for choosing Fred Funk. He played the front nine in Even par. The last 6 holes, he's +10. :(

LOL! I'm in the same Funkin' boat :p

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Tim Clark and Vaughn Taylor in the clubhouse lead at -1 for the round. Good for them. Anything under par is looking increasingly okay.

morct
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
LOL! I'm in the same Funkin' boat :p

And I think that Funkin' boat is sinking..

Unfortunately I'm on board too. :p

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
And I think that Funkin' boat is sinking..

Unfortunately I'm on board too. :p

The misery ends with an 82. Ouch.

Thing with me and Funk is, I've been picking him in golf prediction contests for years. I like the name :p

morct
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM
The misery ends with an 82. Ouch.

Thing with me and Funk is, I've been picking him in golf prediction contests for years. I like the name :p

LOL, me too Mr. Koffie! :cool:

jsd123789456
04-05-2007, 11:47 AM
so i managed to pick a player from the D-list who isn't on any leaderboard, thank you billy casper, perfectly offsetting my choice of Rich Beem

mrjiggyfly2
04-05-2007, 11:48 AM
jsd--billy casper is 75 years old

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 11:49 AM
so i managed to pick a player from the D-list who isn't on any leaderboard, thank you billy casper, perfectly offsetting my choice of Rich Beem

His age might have something to do with him not being there :lipsrsealed: An honorary invitee who was placed on the list of entries...

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
jsd--billy casper is 75 years old

Yup. Though Gary Player (71) is out on the course again. Him shooting an 83 is, well, not bad I suppose :p

jsd123789456
04-05-2007, 12:03 PM
yea when it came to picking the D-List i knew beem had been playing pretty well but then just picked a familiar name, now if anyone wants any advice next year on how to pick people, i definitely could throw in my two cents...

stupid masters committee invitations

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 12:10 PM
yea when it came to picking the D-List i knew beem had been playing pretty well but then just picked a familiar name, now if anyone wants any advice next year on how to pick people, i definitely could throw in my two cents...

stupid masters committee invitations

I feel guilty :o Next time I'll filter out as many seniors as I can without cheating people out of the chance of picking one they'd actually want to - some do show up to play, like Gary Player.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
There's this saying that those who top the leaderboard after the first day never win. Do any of us who picked Justin Rose care at this point? :D

Kirkus
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I wish Adam Scott would shoot a few birdies here at the end and at least finish his first round even. :mad:

shtexas
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Looks to me like most players are pretty bunched up. Maybe there will be some separation tomorrow.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Ernie Els shoots a 78.

Nobody picked him on his/her team :D

nelslus
04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
While my golf nerd-dom in no way shape or form rivals my tennis nerd-dom (so he wouldn't become a sports widow, my partner ended up becoming a tennis fan- and in some ways may be at least at times be a bigger tennis fan than me- but, he drew a REAL clear line on golf.....SO, I don't follow golf as much as I used to.....)- I do still follow golf enough to have made pretty good educated guesses here. So, I tend to already know who either has done well at the Masters in the recent past and/or where the Masters would be more likely to favor their style of game. I also have a decent sense for who is playing well at the moment....So, for example, I picked Vijay, who has been playing great this year so far, and not Phillie-poo (Michelson is the equivalent of The Golf Justine in the nelslus universe)- who has unimpressed me as of late (and may it forever remain so.)

My only disaster on my list so far is Clarke, who I think as we speak is at about +8, and he hasn't even finished his first hole yet, I think. Today is clearly survival day- try not to get too many over par and knock yourself out of contention. Three of my boys have ended their days at +3, Appleby, DiMarco and Weir- and I can more than live with that, with these scores. Tiger and Vijay at +1....hang on....AND, I got Rose at -3- who also has been playing great as of late. Still, this is a pleasant surprise. Still, golf can be an even bigger crap-shoot than tennis, with there being so many kazillion players in any given tournament. And, with the Masters under ANY circumstances, these guys will be all over the map score-wise.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Don't forget about the score multiplication system, nelslus. This can do both wonders and horrors for ones score. For instance: Adam Scott's score of 74 get's the x 1.20 treatment as he's an A lister. That adds up to 88.8 pts. Zach Johnson, as a category C player, shoots a 71 which is multiplied x 0.90 which means 63.9 pts.

Some people are doing pretty well thus far :) Me, I picked Allenby from the B category who's at +6 at the moment. That's gonna be a 90+ score on his failing alone :p

nelslus
04-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Don't forget about the score multiplication system, nelslus. This can do both wonders and horrors for ones score. For instance: Adam Scott's score of 74 get's the x 1.20 treatment as he's an A lister. That adds up to 88.8 pts. Zach Johnson, as a category C player, shoots a 71 which is multiplied x 0.90 which means 63.9 pts.

Some people are doing pretty well thus far :) Me, I picked Allenby from the B category who's at +6 at the moment. That's gonna be a 90+ score on his failing alone :p

A score multiplication system? A score multiplication system?!?!? Why, feedle-dee-dee, that just makes nelslus' poor yet pretty head spin. (And you KNOW which head nelslus is referring to, you pervs.) Apparently, nelslus neglected to sufficiently study his Oploskoffie TAT Masters Etiquette Handbook. :cry: Oh, well, nelslus would just have picked who he picked, anyways.

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I wish people would read my opening posts more carefully :p They always contain all the nasty details :D

No worries, though. One scoring system fits all, and with four rounds for players to make good/mess up, anything can and will happen ;)

morct
04-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I wish people would read my opening posts more carefully :p They always contain all the nasty details :D

No worries, though. One scoring system fits all, and with four rounds for players to make good/mess up, anything can and will happen ;)

And like Nelsus said it's all pretty much a crap-shoot anyway! :rolleyes:

oploskoffie
04-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I'll be posting the first scores tomorrow night. I won't be home untill 10:30 PM my time at least, so that's why :p Night night for now. And good luck ;)

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Jiminez needs one more birdie to get back within the projected "survivor" group... Then again, some of the leaders haven't started for the day.

I'm thinking Jiminez is plant food... :mad:

Dry

aedra1119
04-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Jimenez is killing me, too. O'Meara isn't looking too great. Looks like I shouldn't have picked Tiger either. :undecided:

I can't believe I'm sneaking peaks at this leaderboard. I never do this for golf tournaments. :rolleyes: Thanks for the contest, Mr. Koffie! ;)

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Jimenez is killing me, too. O'Meara isn't looking too great. Looks like I shouldn't have picked Tiger either. :undecided:

I can't believe I'm sneaking peaks at this leaderboard. I never do this for golf tournaments. :rolleyes: Thanks for the contest, Mr. Koffie! ;)

I know! Me either! I think I just broke my refresh button. :)

Dry

nelslus
04-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Venus and Tiger both playing like crap.....UGH, this is truly turning into the Sports Day From Hell for Nelslus. :cry:

aedra1119
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I know! Me either! I think I just broke my refresh button. :)

Dry

LOL! I know! I'm hitting my refresh button all the time!

nelslus
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
HEY, Tiger just got two pars in a row, woo-hoo. :rolleyes:

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 11:37 AM
LOL! I know! I'm hitting my refresh button all the time!

I've decided that it's better for me if Tim Clark makes a big run today and I lose Jiminez due to the cut. :D

But I'll tell you what... Tiger and Phil need to get their act together. If someone DOES make a run at the top today and they get another bogey or two, they may miss the cut... Who woulda thunk it?

Dry

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Justin Rose bogeys his first hole and Tim Clark is now tied for the lead! Woo hoo!

Dry

aedra1119
04-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I've decided that it's better for me if Tim Clark makes a big run today and I lose Jiminez due to the cut. :D

But I'll tell you what... Tiger and Phil need to get their act together. If someone DOES make a run at the top today and they get another bogey or two, they may miss the cut... Who woulda thunk it?

Dry

You may find this really strange, but seeing Roger fall early in IW and Miami, I thought while making my Masters team...how is this going to affect Tiger? They seem to be best buds, so, who knows? ;)

I just hope Vaughn Taylor keeps up his good play and Howell III wakes up for this round. Looks like I might have two players, at least, miss the cut. :p

nelslus
04-06-2007, 11:44 AM

Dry

The thing is, the way Tiger can play, he's never out of it. Unless, indeed, he misses the cut. He truly does need to get it together- I've had quite enough of my favorites bombing out. (ROGER, get back on track, PLEASE.)

shtexas
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
My top player is Stuart Appleby. He was +1 last I saw.

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I had Beem up near the top after yesterday, but apparently he had breakfast with Ballesteros... He's in a freefall. He's dropped bogeys in four of his first five holes.

But Olazabal and Mayfair are doing a little better so far today... Seems to be balancing out.

But I really want Clark to be a few holes ahead of Rose after today so I can make a run on jsd in the points. :D

Dry

morct
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Rich Beem wrote a book, which I read years ago - all about the good time he was having on the circuit - it was interesting reading, lol!

But after reading it, he wouldn't exactly be my top pick to be on my team.

He can be brilliant on the golf course, but he's awfully erratic.

morct
04-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Just in case anyone thinks I know anything about golf, it looks like 3 of my guys (Hamilton, Bjorn and Funk) are going to be cut. Blah. :(

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Rich Beem wrote a book, which I read years ago - all about the good time he was having on the circuit - it was interesting reading, lol!

But after reading it, he wouldn't exactly be my top pick to be on my team.

He can be brilliant on the golf course, but he's awfully erratic.

You know, I know nothing about golf. I'm just out for blood because there's a contest involved... And I could have gone a LONG, LONG time without knowing he's going to take me down with him... Thanks a million, morct... And I was just starting to like you. :D

Dry

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Just in case anyone thinks I know anything about golf, it looks like 3 of my guys (Hamilton, Bjorn and Funk) are going to be cut. Blah. :(

For me, Jiminez is on the bubble... And the only good thing I can say about Nick O'Hern is that he's starting to run out of holes to bogey.

Dry

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Being the champion he is, Tiger is safe for the day.

But Mickelson is in deep, deep doo doo... He still has 12 holes to go for the day, but he's only one or two strokes from missing the cut. :undecided:

Dry

nelslus
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Being the champion he is, Tiger is safe for the day.

But Mickelson is in deep, deep doo doo... He still has 12 holes to go for the day, but he's only one or two strokes from missing the cut. :undecided:

Dry

That is the thing about Tiger- turning what coulda/shoulda been a disastrous day into a Still-In-It Effort. I mean, to pull it in the water TWICE, and end up at +3- well, I'm just glad to be a Tiger fan. :)

nelslus
04-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Good new/bad news at this point. Tiger held in there at +3, got Vijay ending his day at even (can't stand him, but, hey, he's on duh team), Rose at -2, Appleby at +1 and Weir at +2.

However, two of my boys are at big risk for missing the cut- if that damned Zach Johnson (or some other jerk) ends at -3. Got Clarke at +10, and DiMarco in free-fall. For his last five holes, he's had bogie-bogie-TRIBLE bogie-birdie-bogie.

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Nelsus, looks like we're all going to lose at least one or two today...

Now I need the golf experts on this board to explain something to me. The PGA site leaderboard says the projected cut is the lowest 44 scores and ties, plus those within 10 strokes of the leader.

At the moment, Zach Johnson leads at -3, but they still have guys who are +9 listed above the cutoff group. I countthat as 12 strokes behind the leader.

What gives?

Dry

morct
04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Nelsus, looks like we're all going to lose at least one or two today...

Now I need the golf experts on this board to explain something to me. The PGA site leaderboard says the projected cut is the lowest 44 scores and ties, plus those within 10 strokes of the leader.

At the moment, Zach Johnson leads at -3, but they still have guys who are +9 listed above the cutoff group. I countthat as 12 strokes behind the leader.

What gives?

Dry

I noticed that too, and although I'm far from an expert I think they're wrong.

but chances are there is a logical explanation..

But at the moment the 3 guys I'm going to lose are all on +10 so if the guys still playing could mix up a few double bogies it could be huge for me.

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I noticed that too, and although I'm far from an expert I think they're wrong.

but chances are there is a logical explanation..

But at the moment the 3 guys I'm going to lose are all on +10 so if the guys still playing could mix up a few double bogies it could be huge for me.

But on which part are they wrong? The "10 strokes within the leader" part? Or where the cutoff point is indicated on their leaderboard?

It's just confusing. Because, according to that, if Zack finishes -3, then my Jiminez, at +8 and done for the day, should be below the cut.

Dry

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 02:39 PM
So now they've just updated it again... Zach is down to -2, and they're saying the cutoff is now +9 and below. That would make sense. Maybe they don't always keep their cutoff point up to date, though it's been changing all the time all day.

(Not that I'm watching the scoreboard all THAT closely...:rolleyes: )

Dry

oploskoffie
04-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Villegas and his 85 just leave me shaking my head.

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Meanwhile, Rich Beem, whose obviously been drinking Jim Beam during today's round, is about one more bogey away from probably not making the cut. +9 for the day and three holes to go.

Thanks, morct. :mad: :D

Dry

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Thank you, Adam. Thank you very much!! :mad:

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Thank you, Adam. Thank you very much!! :mad:

You're not alone, kirkus. You're not alone.

Did you hear that their forecasting lows in the 30s at tee time on Saturday and mid-20s at tee time on Sunday? I can't imagine it's easy to play in those types of conditions.

Dry

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 03:29 PM
You're not alone, kirkus. You're not alone.

Did you hear that their forecasting lows in the 30s at tee time on Saturday and mid-20s at tee time on Sunday? I can't imagine it's easy to play in those types of conditions.

Dry

Well, that blows!

I wish they'd stop moving the cut off point. Now my boy Adam's shooting the last 2 rounds.

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, that blows!

I wish they'd stop moving the cut off point. Now my boy Adam's shooting the last 2 rounds.

Well, seeing as JSD is leading, and you and Mr. Koffie also have Scott on the squad... And I don't... Well, let's just say I've already whipped out my Adam Scott voodoo doll. :cool:

Dry

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Well, seeing as JSD is leading, and you and Mr. Koffie also have Scott on the squad... And I don't... Well, let's just say I've already whipped out my Adam Scott voodoo doll. :cool:

Dry

Is it life size?

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Is it life size?

Well, it was. Then the dog got a hold of it...

Dry

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Yes! Jim Beam salvages par on 18... Now, I have to track down my Justin Rose voodoo doll and pray that he doesn't finish -3...

I take these contests way too seriously... I should get into some other, less intense addiction... Like heroin...

Dry

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I've got five making the cut. Possibly six if Adam doesn't step in a divot and twist his ankle.

oploskoffie
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, I've got five making the cut. Possibly six if Adam doesn't step in a divot and twist his ankle.

Ditts on this end. And with final positions also counting for points, we need as many to make that cut as we can, believe me :undecided:

dryrunguy
04-06-2007, 04:26 PM

I've got 7 going into tomorrow, but I'm not real wild about the fact that so many of them are currently sitting at +7 and +8. :undecided:

Dry

aedra1119
04-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Can I just give a big shout out to Vaughn Taylor! One of Augusta's own one shot off the lead. They must be really happy down there. It would have been perfect if he had just made par on the 18th. Also, thank you Vaughn for keeping my team out of being total crap! :p

It looked like Augusta's other native is not doing so well. Charles Howell better make this cut!!!

Kirkus
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Two of my guys missed the cut by one flippin' stroke!!

aedra1119
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Talk about a big sigh of relief. Charles Howell JUST made the cut. I don't know what happened. He was doing pretty good until the 4 bogeys on the back nine. He better redeem himself this weekend. It would not have looked good to have lost one of my A players.

nelslus
04-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Bad news- three of my boys iz out.

Good news- except for Freddie boy (who squeaks in at +8) the Nelslus Boys Remainin' IZ contendahs, I sez.

Got Singh and Rose at Even, Appleby at +1, and Weir and the eventual winner Woods at +3.

morct
04-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Two of my guys missed the cut by one flippin' stroke!!

3 of my guys Kirkus. :(

But at least Padraig Harrington had a good day with 68. He really is due a big win...

morct
04-07-2007, 04:05 AM
Meanwhile, Rich Beem, whose obviously been drinking Jim Beam during today's round, is about one more bogey away from probably not making the cut. +9 for the day and three holes to go.

Thanks, morct. :mad: :D

Dry

he could just as easily turn around today and shoot 66 Dry. (Then again he could also shoot 86 :D )

His book is worth a read if you have any interest at all in golf.

dryrunguy
04-07-2007, 06:43 AM
he could just as easily turn around today and shoot 66 Dry. (Then again he could also shoot 86 :D )

His book is worth a read if you have any interest at all in golf.

You know, after this fantasy golf experience, I just might have such an interest! I might become a fan of the sport!

BTW, I don't see anyone shooting 66 on this course, especially given the cold and windy conditions. But we can always hope!

Dry

dryrunguy
04-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Nelslus, you are INDEED sitting very, very pretty. Well done!

Anyone know what the cut is supposed to be today?

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
04-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Nelslus, you are INDEED sitting very, very pretty. Well done!

Anyone know what the cut is supposed to be today?

Dry

Dry, the cut has come and gone. Anybody at +8 or better after two rounds made the cut. They will play Sat and Sun even if they shoot 100 today.

dryrunguy
04-07-2007, 07:02 AM
Dry, the cut has come and gone. Anybody at +8 or better after two rounds made the cut. They will play Sat and Sun even if they shoot 100 today.

Oh, I thought there was another cut... Well, I don't know if that's going to be good or bad for me... I told you guys I don't know squat about golf! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jiggy!

Dry

mrjiggyfly2
04-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Oh, I thought there was another cut... Well, I don't know if that's going to be good or bad for me... I told you guys I don't know squat about golf! :rolleyes:

Thanks, Jiggy!

Dry

You're quite welcome sir.

oploskoffie
04-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Three guys doing well this round: Appleby is -3 today, Tiger and Retief are -2. The rest? Oh dear... All those over par scores again :undecided:

morct
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Wow, there are only 2 guys under par for the tournament so far. I know it's the Masters, but still......

oploskoffie
04-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Triple bogey for Appleby :undecided: He's gonna remember that for a LONG time.

beaujarkko
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
No kidding. He pars 17 and he ends up 4 shots under Tiger, his nearest competitors. Obviously, the "couldas" can get you any statistic you want, but it still will weigh on him. I've liked Appleby a lot for a long time, so I'm glad he's in the mix again. I'm still giving Woods the 123534-1 advantage to win however. Also, how about Goosen's 70??

dryrunguy
04-07-2007, 07:13 PM
My guys stunk up the joint so badly today that I now have new directions from my house to Augusta... South till you smell it, east till you step in it... Losers. The whole lot!

Except for Tiger, of course, whom everyone else had... He crashes in the last two holes and then sits in the clubhouse and watches everyone else who WAS above him self-destruct...

Dry

oploskoffie
04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Is anyone else seeing how Justin Rose is killing his chances on a single hole? :(

oploskoffie
04-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Omg... Luke Donald at the 9th.... One more rollback and he'll cry :(

morct
04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Is anyone else seeing how Justin Rose is killing his chances on a single hole? :(

I'm watching it on BBC Mr. Koffie.

Had high hopes for Padraig Harrington today, but he's not off to the best of starts.:(

oploskoffie
04-08-2007, 02:55 PM
And there go Tiger's chances. Ball in the water :(

Mr. Johnson: congrats on your major!

suliso
04-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Did anyone here had Zach Johnson?

Tiger was not likely to win. He has never done so from behind...

oploskoffie
04-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Did anyone here had Zach Johnson?

mrjiggyfly2 and Kirkus have Zach on their team :) That should help them move up the rankings!

jjnow
04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the first time Tiger's lost a major after leading in the final round.

jj

suliso
04-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this will be the first time Tiger's lost a major after leading in the final round.

jj

I think so. But had he won, it would have been the first time after not leading after round 3. Tiger is an amazing front runner, not so amazing coming from behind...

Kirkus
04-08-2007, 03:58 PM
What a genuinely nice kid. I'm happy for him.