PDA

View Full Version : PM's

bea26
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
A suggestion that may not be worth it if I'm the only one who cares, but...

Is there a way to make PM notification jump out at you more? On the old board it was sort of front and center, whereas here it's tiny type in the top right. Even if it's in a highlighted color or something. Again, if no one else cares, just flip me the bird.

And you have a nifty smiley that can do just that.

mmmm8
04-04-2007, 04:47 PM
A suggestion that may not be worth it if I'm the only one who cares, but...

Is there a way to make PM notification jump out at you more? On the old board it was sort of front and center, whereas here it's tiny type in the top right. Even if it's in a highlighted color or something. Again, if no one else cares, just flip me the bird.

And you have a nifty smiley that can do just that.

Do you not get a pop-up notification if you get a new one when you refresh the page?

bea26
04-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Is that something I have to change preferences for? I can do that, no problem. But right now I just have to make sure I look to that top right corner to see if I have any unread.

bea26
04-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey, that IS an option. Wow, this new board is magical. Problem solved!

dryrunguy
04-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Meanwhile, I would like to apologize to all those folks who were expecting PM responses from me ever since we moved to the new board but never got one... Because "ziti for brains" here was deleting them from the outbox immediately after sending in order to keep the PM count down.

If I had a brain, I would be dangerous.

Dry

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I realize this thread is older, but I was just looking through it and, no, I don't get any pop-up notifications for PMs. Am I supposed to? And if so, how can I make that change?

oploskoffie
05-25-2007, 03:17 PM
I realize this thread is older, but I was just looking through it and, no, I don't get any pop-up notifications for PMs. Am I supposed to? And if so, how can I make that change?

Go to your user CP, go to Edit Options, check the Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up option, scroll down and press Save Changes.

Bob may not be your uncle after this, but it should give you pop-up notifications ;)

beaujarkko
05-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks! Also, my uncle Bob will be so proud.

mmmm8
03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Just wanted to bump this up as I think some of our less frequently visiting members never turned on the PM notification after the software switch.

Danielle
03-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Y'all are so smart...I'd have never thought to look and see about changing the notification.

TennisAnyone74
03-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to bump this up as I think some of our less frequently visiting members never turned on the PM notification after the software switch.

That would be me not that anyone ever sends me a pm so I'll be making the change now. Thanks for the bump!

TA

ptmcmahon
03-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I remember once I got a PM and took 4 months to notice, so the option is definitely nice!