PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Tennis? Intersted?

Kirkus
01-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I used to play fantasy tennis at ATPTennis.com. It was a regular hoot.

I'm toying with the idea of creating a fantasy tennis game here at TAT, based loosely on the one I used to play.

As with all TAT contests, and in the words of our friend over at SI.com, "No money will change hands". But I'll scrounge up some prizes.

It would encompass a number of tournaments leading up to and including the French Open. You would purchase players for your team from the top 150 players on the ATP Tour. Your players would receive points depending on how far they went in each tournament.

You'll also be allowed a number of subsititions, allowing for the inevitable injuries.

If there's enough interest, I'll quit toying with the idea and put it together to begin shortly following the AO.

Comments in this thread are encouraged.

Kirkus
01-21-2006, 12:18 AM
I've changed the format a little bit since creating this Poll/Thread. The contest will NOT include Rolan Garros, and teams will be made up from the top 100 players on the ATP tour rather than the top 150. Also, since I'm considering this a "test", prize scrounging may not happen. We'll see how it goes.

I've started a new board HERE (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?board=tatfan01) for TAT Fantasy Tennis.