PDA

View Full Version : Keeping members after the FO.

Kirkus
05-13-2006, 03:15 PM
I intentially started this thread on a public board so we could get everyone's thoughts.

The combined threads into the new TAT board was a good move. Yippee! However, as in the past when the French starts I think most discussion will take place in the FOSP board -- eventually ending up in the Contest Archive. Is there a way we can direct those discussions to the new TAT board during the FO? Make it the place to discuss the French (shtexas got me thinking about this). I think that might facilitate FOSP players hanging around after it's over.

Maybe a prominent notice somewhere that the FOSP Board should be used for picks only?

I don't know. I'm just thinking outloud and throwing this up for discussion.

Sebastien447
05-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I say we do everything possible to keep the bastards!

Sebastien447
05-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm so sorry! Please forgive me I didn't mean that. I meant to say

newbie bastards :P

Kirkus
05-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Well. That was helpful. :P

Sebastien447
05-13-2006, 05:17 PM
TAT court jester and thread wrecker at your service!

[smiley=tease.gif]

shtexas
05-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I intentially started this thread on a public board so we could get everyone's thoughts.

The combined threads into the new TAT board was a good move. Yippee! However, as in the past when the French starts I think most discussion will take place in the FOSP board -- eventually ending up in the Contest Archive. Is there a way we can direct those discussions to the new TAT board during the FO? Make it the place to discuss the French (shtexas got me thinking about this). I think that might facilitate FOSP players hanging around after it's over.

Maybe a prominent notice somewhere that the FOSP Board should be used for picks only?

I don't know. I'm just thinking outloud and throwing this up for discussion.

I guess we should post something or it may become hard to find the suicide pool threads among the others. It's ok if they talk results as it applies to the suicide pool itself in that day's threads (or sp results threads). But, ongoing threads regarding specific matches and matchups, matches they are watching live, etc should be in the big TAT board. We should allow leniency but encourage them to look and post in both places.

Kirkus
05-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Maybe something like, "You're welcome to post on either board, but to help make sure everyone can enjoy the conversations we ask that posts be made on the TAT board."?

I may have something in the works that will help.

catz33
05-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I think you should just change the header to TAT's Grand Slam Tennis board and have a couple of us old bastards start some threads. After the FO change it back to "The main tennis board.

I mean after all we know our way around......most of the time! [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Kirkus
05-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I think you should just change the header to TAT's Grand Slam Tennis board and have a couple of us old bastards start some threads. After the FO change it back to "The main tennis board.

I mean after all we know our way around......most of the time! [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

Something like that isn't a bad idea. It's an easy change to make and might make it more obvious.

Kirkus
05-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

I split this up to help facilitate both subjects being discussed.