PDA

View Full Version : US Open: Order of Play - Monday

Moose
08-29-2004, 04:51 AM
Here's the schedule for the show courts on monday:
NEW YORK, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Monday's order of play on main show courts at the U.S. Open. (prefix number denotes seeding)
Arthur Ashe Court (1600 GMT)
Marissa Irvin (U.S.) v 2-Amelie Mauresmo (France)
1-Roger Federer (Switzerland) v Albert Costa (Spain)
8-Jennifer Capriati (U.S.) v Denisa Chladlova (Czech Republic)
(starting at 0000 GMT)
Sandra Kleinova (Czech Rep) v 3-Serena Williams (U.S.)
Robby Ginepri (U.S.) v 6-Andre Agassi (U.S.)
- - - -
Louis Armstrong Court (1600 GMT)
3-Carlos Moya (Spain) v Brian Baker (U.S.)
26-Mardy Fish (U.S.) v David ferrer (Spain)
6-Elena Dementieva (Russia) v Dinara Safina (Russia)
Todd martin (U.S.) v 31-Fabrice Santoro (France)
- - - -
Grandstand (1600 GMT)
Teryn Ashley (U.S.) v 12-Ai Sugiyama (Japan)
Nicolas Mahut (France) v 19-Nicolas Kiefer (Germany)
Marion Bartoli (France) v 32-Meghann Shaughnessy (U.S.)
Younes El Aynaoui (Morocco) v 21-Taylor dent (U.S.)

(Not before 0000 GMT)
9-Gaston Gaudio (Argentina) v Juan Monaco (Argentina)

A nice set of matches for Monday night tennis (my favorite part of the Open is the Night Matches - something electric about NYCNY at 7:30, and it is so cool for my personal schedule, leave work, go the gym, come home eat and watch tennis!
Serena is always a pleasure in night tennis - remember the Loit match a couple of years back? And since Ginepri is probably going home post-Monday's match, I am glad to get a chance to watch him live.

Nice to see MoMo and Moya get the good courts, hope they (especially Moya, he was practically absent on coverage last year) get some TV time.
The Open - I'm so excited...does it get any better than this?

Sebastien447
08-29-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks Moose! I know you're somebody from the other board, but don't tell me ... I'm keen to guess ;D

Don't be too sure about Ginepri's early exit ... he's my upset special

and no it does not get any better than two weeks of Olympics, followed directly by the USO, after which we roll right into football season! woooooohhhooooooo! 8)

Sebastien447
08-29-2004, 06:37 AM
and as for witicisms ... I always steal mine ;D

I got the one down below from my fav movie Finding Forrester

Kirkus
08-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Witicisms -- mine came from "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" on Saturday Night Live.

Moose
08-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Don't be too sure about Ginepri's early exit ... he's my upset special )

Ginepri hasn't shown me anything this season to make me a believer..and I am a fan of his. I think it is back to the drawing board, with hope for a better 2005.

and no it does not get any better than two weeks of Olympics, followed directly by the USO, after which we roll right into football season! woooooohhhooooooo! 8)
If I weren't quasi-Buddhist, I'd still believe that this is the equivalent of Nirvana. GO SEAHAWKS!

Sebastien447
08-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Ginepri hasn't shown me anything this season

EXACTLY why he needs the win so badly :)

Kirkus
08-29-2004, 12:57 PM
I live for the U.S. Open... especially the night matches. Nothing better anywhere!

Well, maybe I don't "live" for the U.S. Open, but I do take some vacation time off from work because of it. Every year for quite a few now. People at work know that I'll be gone around Labor Day. This year I work Mon., Tues., and Wed., then it's 11 days straight of day and night tennis. I usually gain several pounds from laying on the couch for such an extended period of time.

Sebastien447
08-30-2004, 08:01 AM
when I'm not teaching the TV is on and tuned to USA ... was watching Cap today and I knew that other girl was in trouble after she gave that shout about winning the first set

bad move in my opinion ... shouldn't have done ANYTHING that could wake a sleep-walking opponent