PDA

View Full Version : Serena needs to get back to tennis.

Kirkus
08-30-2004, 01:03 PM
I can't believe she came out on court all dolled up like Jezabel. Gimme a freakin' break. In my opinion that does nothing but cheapin the sport of tennis and show to the world that her heart is NOT in the game but rather in her ego.

Sebastien447
08-31-2004, 08:18 AM
nice to have this board to be able to voice something negative about the WS without having to endure the endless barrage of accusations that would occurr on certain other boards :)

truth is ... people will buy what Serena and Venus wear for the TV cameras, regardless of how ugly it is. Nike knows this, and they know they'll make money.

Kirkus
08-31-2004, 09:18 AM
Ditto to you both.

You don't see it in Venus, though. Maybe because she's older, I don't know.

I understand Serena enjoys the "designing" thing, and I think that's great... more power to her. I just don't think the 2 (hot fashion and tennis) necessarily mix very well.

nice to have this board to be able to voice something negative about the WS without having to endure the endless barrage of accusations that would occurr on certain other boards

And if they got too nasty about it, they'd have my buddy Feech to deal with. Would not be pretty at all.

shtexas
09-01-2004, 11:32 AM
What about Courier's comments the other day that they should let her play in the boots? I don't know if he was joking or found it arousing.

Did you hear them say she had a big surprise for her third round match? I wonder what she has in store for us. I personally find it fun.

As I said on another site, nude tennis is just around the corner. :o

Kirkus
09-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Today in Serena's match against Lee-Waters I thought that the short shorts just made her thighs look too fat at the top.

Again when Tracy was asked what she thought she hesitated and then said, "She can pull it off". Why are they all so whimpy and afraid to say what they think?

McEnroe talked as if he found this a hot look....I really find that hard to believe. He was just playing up to Serena's fans.

I think if Tracy were to speak her mind, USA Network would hear a roar from the other side of their cameras that would give them no choice but to send Ms. Austin off to stringing racquets for a living.... unfortunately.

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Serenas clothes get progessivly worse each tourney. With the exception of the french, that was worse than anything ive ever seen. She looked awful. She doesnt have the figure for the clothes she wears.