PDA

View Full Version : serena golovin

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 05:52 AM
I would much rather see Golovin come out victorious in this one. Im not a serena fan and Golovin is a new up and comer. She is good. I dont know if she can pull it off but man that would be the biggest upset of the open.

Sebastien447
09-03-2004, 06:34 AM
I would much rather see Golovin come out victorious in this one. Im not a serena fan and Golovin is a new up and comer. She is good. I dont know if she can pull it off but man that would be the biggest upset of the open.

I wasn't happy to see Gasquet playing the mixed, but I was able to see Golovin play a bit with him at RG. I only saw a few games, but I remember that her return was tough ... and you need one of those to beat Serena.

that's the only time I've ever seen her play, and she has solid volleys ... I just hope she finds her way to the net tonight, but I know nothing about how this girl plays singles

does anyone know? is she a typical baseline slugger allergic to net?

Kirkus
09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
I hope Golovin wins. I still think for Serena to get back to the top, she has to concentrate more on tennis and less on everything else, which I don't think she's doing.

I'd like to see Serena take some early round losses, then either get her act together where tennis is concerned, or just go away.