PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night in Arthur Ashe!!!

Sebastien447
09-03-2004, 04:06 AM
Golovin, who is capable of giving Serena all she can handle, is on first ... followed by ...

RODDICK/NADAL!!!

I've been waiting to see Rafa play ... Andy better watch out, I hear the kid has a mean forehand!

7 pm EST sports fans!!! Find a comfy spot! Woooohoooo :D

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 04:12 AM
GO GOLOVIN!!!! SHE WILL BEAT SERENA!!!!! She also has better clothes. At least she did at Womby i havent seen her play yet.

Kirkus
09-03-2004, 04:21 AM
Friday Night in Arthur Ashe!!!

I know! From an old post of mine: Don't talk to me, don't look at me, etc. Should be a frickin' hoot! ;D

*giggles like a school-girl*

eh, what can I say?

Moose
09-03-2004, 04:29 AM
I'm almost sorry I'm not there tonight...but always be glad for the little things in life, especially free US Open tickets for Ashe on Thursday night!

Serena v. Tatiana - could be great - but Serena whacked Tatiana at Wimby (or was it RG)? Tatiana might sneak a few in, but remember, Caps clocked Golovin on hard courts last week at Pilot Pen. Golovin will be a star, she''s not prime time quite yet.

Roddick v. Nadal - if Nadal hadn't broken his foot, and played through the season, I think he'd be ready to at least majorly challenge Andy. But again, its lack of experience that is gonna keep a MAJOR future star (Nadal) from being able to seriously challenge a past US Open winner.

Jeez, with both of these matches, you have star of today playing star of tomorrow. If this doesn't draw fans and ratings, something is seriously wrong.

GO SERENA GO ANDY!

Sebastien447
09-03-2004, 06:16 AM
I'm almost sorry I'm not there tonight...but always be glad for the little things in life, especially free US Open tickets for Ashe on Thursday night!

Serena v. Tatiana - could be great - but Serena whacked Tatiana at Wimby (or was it RG)? Tatiana might sneak a few in, but remember, Caps clocked Golovin on hard courts last week at Pilot Pen. Golovin will be a star, she''s not prime time quite yet.

Roddick v. Nadal - if Nadal hadn't broken his foot, and played through the season, I think he'd be ready to at least majorly challenge Andy. But again, its lack of experience that is gonna keep a MAJOR future star (Nadal) from being able to seriously challenge a past US Open winner.

Jeez, with both of these matches, you have star of today playing star of tomorrow. If this doesn't draw fans and ratings, something is seriously wrong.

GO SERENA GO ANDY!

moose, you put your finger on why I'm so excited about tonight ... nobody knows when Rafa or Tatiana will be ready to break through, not you, or me, or even them!

remember the 1990 USO ... not one person in the universe thought some skinny 19 year old #12 seed was going to take out Lendl, or Mac ... then CRUSH Andre in the Final http://www.pistol-pete.com/slam.htm

here's hoping we see something special tonight!

Kirkus
09-03-2004, 09:56 AM
here's hoping we see something special tonight!

What he meant to say was: "here's hoping we something special tonight on the women's side.

I accept your apology. ;)

Sebastien447
09-03-2004, 10:02 AM
kirki!!! stop tap tap taping and WATCH HISTORY!!! :D

btw ... we could see something special from Nadal, even in a losing effort

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 11:32 AM
You are right Seb. He may lose but he very well may make an impression on the tennis world.