PDA

View Full Version : Big Serve

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 12:38 PM
I mgetting tired of Andys serve! Id rather see a solid serve and a beautiful rally than a huge serve and nothing else. Its great to have aces but its also great to be able to pull these shots out of nowhere in a great rally. I think thats why Fed is so good and Rod cant get to his level yet.

Kirkus
09-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I mgetting tired of Andys serve! Id rather see a solid serve and a beautiful rally than a huge serve and nothing else. Its great to have aces but its also great to be able to pull these shots out of nowhere in a great rally. I think thats why Fed is so good and Rod cant get to his level yet.

Finally! Someone to argue with! ;)

A huge serve and nothing else? Nothing else? How about that forehand? And you must be kidding about Andy not getting up to Rogers level. Um, let's see... how many players are on the INDESIT? Oh yeah, that's right: 998!. Fed is #1, Rod is #2 (By the way Roddick finished last years as the #1 player in the world). They're on the same level. Thank you.

3mlm
09-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Were you watching the same match as me?

There were plenty of rallies and Roddick did just fine in them.

Ask Nadal what he thinks of Roddick's rallies.

Betsmoyo
09-03-2004, 11:16 PM
off of his serve there arent as many. If you noticed he would keep looking over at the radar gun to see how fast his serve was a lot. And there were rallies but they were all big forehands or power shots left and right. Id rather see the precision and artistry that a forehand can be or a volley.

Kirkus
09-04-2004, 07:07 AM
If you noticed he would keep looking over at the radar gun to see how fast his serve was a lot

Boris Becker, who was in the booth for a short time, said that Andy looks at the radar gun so much it's beginning to become part of his service motion.

LOL