PDA

View Full Version : A Converted Fan

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 12:06 PM
I've never been a fan of Serena's. I've grown to like Venus, but Serena has somehow always rubbed me the wrong way. Well, I have to say the graciousness she showed at the net toward Jennifer (don't tell me Jennifer didn't know the chair called it wrong... bullshit!) and the fact that she did an interview with USA Network following the match tells me, IMHO, that she's matured.

I appreciate attitude in a player as much as I do talent...

I'm now a fan.

tennis4you
09-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I have been a fan for a while. It is a shame she lost like that. I think her and Venus should sue the WTA and then walk away and play another sport where someone else can screw them there too.

Sebastien447
09-07-2004, 12:15 PM
I think blaming Jen is wrong

I agree with you about Serena though ... handled it unbelievably well

I still can't believe what I saw ... that was so obvious ... tennis lost today

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I think blaming Jen is wrong

I agree with you about Serena though ... handled it unbelievably well

I still can't believe what I saw ... that was so obvious ... tennis lost today

I'm not blaming Jen. I've gotten over that little tirade of mine. (But that doesn't mean I've forgiven JuJu, so don't ask ;))

And you're absolutely right, my friend, "tennis lost today".

Kirkus
09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
I have been a fan for a while. It is a shame she lost like that. I think her and Venus should sue the WTA and then walk away and play another sport where someone else can screw them there too.

Wouldn't it have been great if, after the 4th bad call, Serena just set her racquet down on the baseline, grabbed up her bags and walked off court?

shtexas
09-07-2004, 02:36 PM
I am glad most here are adult enough to not blame Jenn for the incident. It was not her job and it is unfair to put her in the position the press put her in - having to defend herself. She did nothing wrong. Although I do wish she would have said something other than she didn't see it. Of course she did. But, there is nothing wrong with letting the umpires/linespeople do their jobs. Almost all the players do that. "The Hand" incident was different because Justine actually was involved. She was the one that put up her hand to stop play and then didn't admit to it.

I have officially been branded by WTAR of the ESPN board for not seeing this all his way. I am the worst kind of racist because I believe in the future.

tennis4you
09-07-2004, 10:39 PM
I am not blaming her, but disappointed in her. She knew damn well that ball was in and even more damn well that the lines person called it in. If she didn;t see where the ball landed it would be the only ball of the match she didn't see.

So she lied, not during the match, just after. Just shy of pulling a Henin. If I had any respect for Capriati (which I didn't, she is a huge whiner) I I would of lost the rest of it.

Sebastien447
09-08-2004, 08:31 AM
I am glad most here are adult enough to not blame Jenn for the incident. It was not her job and it is unfair to put her in the position the press put her in - having to defend herself. She did nothing wrong. Although I do wish she would have said something other than she didn't see it. Of course she did. But, there is nothing wrong with letting the umpires/linespeople do their jobs. Almost all the players do that.

I've always been a proponent of "shut up and play" but last night was so bad that Cap has to know deep down that something was up. Maybe she knew that she was going to get a little help down the stretch if she could get it to a third.

Sebastien447
09-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Is anyone keeping track of the number of conspiracy theories circulating this board? I thought we left that work to the venuts at ESPN.

look ... if a conspiracy theory is warranted then it's warranted wroad

did you see how the people who were there last night were booing Cap after the match? She normally gets great support at FM.

they saw it in person and they could feel it ... something was up last night