PDA

View Full Version : JenJen's Last Chance

Moose
09-10-2004, 05:41 AM
everyone has gone home except for Kuzny, Dementieva and JenJen.
I was certain that last year's US was Jen's swan song as far as slams went, and look what happens...at 28, and not in the best shape of her life, Jen suddenly finds herself staring at the one prize she has said throughout her career she always wanted.
I'm not her biggest fan, I'm the first one to admit it. And I think she knew the shot was out against Serena on Monday, and her lack of sprotsmanship prevented her from saying anything.
I think she has wasted a lot of gifts over the years.
And yet, having said all that, I want her to win this damn mess of a US Open.

She has much better skills than Dementieva. If she is careful about that weird 2nd serve, she should not have a problem getting to the finals. And Svetlana will be a tough match for her...but under the lights at the US Open, in the town of her birth, Jen has the chance to shine.

This is probably only the 2nd time I have rooted for her to win a tournament (the 1st being Australia against Hingis, who I disliked more than any player I can ever remember).

Having said all that - GO JEN.

Sebastien447
09-10-2004, 07:08 AM
I just can't get behind Cap ... she's a brat who never grew up

Kirkus
09-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Third set Dementieva/Capriati... One of the most exciting sets I've seen played! Man! What a hoot!

I've never been a fan of Jennifer's, but I guess because Lindsay out, I'm cheering for Capriati. There's a first time for everything.

Moose
09-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Plus elena is my favorite of the ruskies her and Vera
that brings a :'( to my eye, Bets!
in fact, from now on, I think I shall give up on using Vera's name, and simply use the :'( emoticon.

Sebastien447
09-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Why? Do you not like them or is this because of the match they played. I missed it that match because i had no pwer at the time

yeah, you were busy being swallowed up by water bets

it was quite the hot topic ... http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TAT_Forum/TAT/YaBB.cgi?board=talk_tennis;action=display;num=1094 432046;start=

Sebastien447
09-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Petrova's my new favorite Russian ... love the way that girl crashes the net!

I don't give a flip who's telling jokes.