PDA

View Full Version : Kuzy and elena

Betsmoyo
09-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Wow this girl is popping those balls! She has 15 winner and its only 5-2! She is really going after them! I hope Elena can pull herself together and win it! Its ok a match is 2/3 sets theres plenty of time Elena lost the 1 set to Amelie and she won that one..GO ELENA!

Betsmoyo
09-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Sebs you may not want to read this so just keep in mnd we are all intitled to our own opinions...
Elenas side arm serve isnt as bad as people say. She does have awful form but she is able to put spin on it so its tricky for the returner. She has got to work on it but when she builds up a little confidence in her serve her serve isnt hard but it has spin or slice to it and its oddly effective.

Betsmoyo
09-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Im upset that Elena lost but man Kuzy can play! She can really play! I feel for Elena two finals lost. Either way im still not over Davenport. It seems i have cought Sebs curse of whever i root for loses so Go Fed Go Go Go!

Sebastien447
09-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Sebs you may not want to read this so just keep in mnd we are all intitled to our own opinions...

there ya go again bets ... I know you're a 14 year old who, for whatever reason, continues to post and post when you have nothing to say ... but if you continue to malign my name, you're going to get it back in your face every time.

I have not ever had a problem with any poster voicing an opinion on this board.

You continue to post like some snot-nosed, pathetically needy little girl and I'll continue to treat you like one. And don't bother apologizing again. It's getting old.

I didn't edit anything. Just fixed the quote tags. -Kirk

3mlm
09-12-2004, 12:31 PM
quote]

there ya go again bets ... I know you're a 14 year old who, for whatever reason, continues to post and post when you have nothing to say ... but if you continue to malign my name, you're going to get it back in your face every time.

I have not ever had a problem with any poster voicing an opinion on this board.

You continue to post like some snot-nosed, pathetically needy little girl and I'll continue to treat you like one. And don't bother apologizing again. It's getting old.

Now, now, Seb, calm down. She's not that bad.

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 12:20 AM
Now, now, Seb, calm down. She's not that bad.

Name-calling is one thing, you can call me anything you want, I don't really care. That type of agression only serves to make the name-caller look bad.

But implying that I am intolerant of other opinions is another matter. I don't appreciate the accusation.

though believe me ... I fully understand "open mouth insert foot" ... I had a biggie at school recently, and also on this board in the greatest players thread.

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 07:18 AM
Thats true. I love tons of players over Roddick. And even more over Serena and Capriati. Just cause theyre American doesnt mean americans have to love them and root for them above all else. I think that the Russian ladies are a more known than any other countries players in america aside from america because the whole modeling thing. But i think ESPN could do more stuff on other players. They did a sportscentury for Roddick, but not Federer? Fed is clearly better and more accomplished, there are tons of players better than him that dont get the attention that they deserve. But then again, they may not want it. Steffi didnt want the limelight. Steffi though was one of those atheletes that did it only for the sport not for the glory or the gratitude from fans but just because they wanted too, never wanted to get noticed.

huh?

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 07:31 AM
sorry bets, that stream of consciousness thing that ya got going on is a bit hard to follow

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 07:46 AM
i know when i start to type something i dont pay much attention

that would explain it ... you make sense, but I often find myself scratching my head wondering what your point was

sorry you're sick ... guess it's your turn now :P

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Its all good. 8)

ALMOST all good ...

Elena's serve is el stinko!

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
shes been working on it though. Im sure it bothers her more than you. During both of her finals appearences she bagan to yell about it. Im sure Olga hates it too. She did manage to beat Mauresmo and Cap using that serve, theres an odd spin to it cause the toss is so far out to the right. Its not good but shes learning to correct it.

IMO her serve could not be any worse than what I saw at the Open. Just because she's got some funky spin going that other players aren't used to ... does not make the serve "good" in any way. It's a bit difficult to tell for sure on TV, but that serve looks even worse than what I saw at RG. Where she's tossing the ball now, she'll never serve over 70 mph, other players will adjust to the spin and start gobbling it up. Just because she's not double-faulting like she was at RG does not mean the serve is necessarily better bets ... you need to look at the mechanics

the serve that evolved for her at the USO is a hack shot ... she throws the ball way out to the side and chops at it. And this continuing evolution is part of her problem ... her serve is constantly changing. Essentially, Elena does not really have a serve. She doesn't know how she's going to get serves in from match to match. I've heard plenty of times about how she's worked on her serve this summer ... but I guarantee you that Elena and Olga are not working on that hack shot in practice.

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey man chill out. I never said it was good but it did throw them off. I think she wouls be the best ruskie out there if she got herserve together but its a little late to completely revamp the serve and expect it to work but shesw doing the best with what shes got. She has an awful serve but shes been able to work around it, still this is clearly a main component why she lost two slam finals.

didn't realize that I was unchilled ... but thanks for the heads up on that one

throughout this thread you've been defending Elena's serve ... it's not that bad, she's been working hard on it, etc ... etc ...

I'm just trying to understand those statements because I see is a girl who is so desperate that she's employing a hack serve with funky spin just to get the ball in play.

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 09:47 AM
didn't realize that I was unchilled ... but thanks for the heads up on that one

throughout this thread you've been defending Elena's serve ... it's not that bad, she's been working hard on it, etc ... etc ...

I'm just trying to understand those statements because I see is a girl who is so desperate that she's employing a hack serve with funky spin just to get the ball in play.

I know its bad its that i like elena and i cant stand it how she comes so close and fails because of the serve. i know how awful it is but i would like to see her succeed and change it. basically im in denial

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 10:34 AM
PJVA Wrote:
On the other hand, maybe it all does boil down to who you care about personally for some reason. I think we all have reactions to different players and that does make a difference. When you care vitally that someone wins or looses it does make the match more thrilling.

Thats kinda why i defend her serve so much.