PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 10:40 AM
USTA to award Serena Williams second chance at US Open title
by Hugh Ken Knott B. Seriuz

After days of controversy over bad linecalls, the USTA has decided to give Serena Williams a second chance at the 2004 US Open title. Having ruled that chair umpire Mariana Alves and not Jennifer Capriati defeated Williams in Tuesday night's quarterfinals, the match will resume right where the controversy began.

On Friday, September 24, Williams and Capriati will resume the match at 1-1, Advantage Williams at Arthur Ashe stadium. To prevent potential bad linecalls, veteran umpire Lynne Welsh will work the match. If Williams defeats Capriati, she will be given a chance to face Elena Dementieva, and if she wins, will play Svetlana Kuznetsova on Sunday the 26th.

The USTA does not plan on stripping Kuznetsova or Dementieva of their respective finishes. Williams will be awarded a duplicate championship trophy or runner-up plate if she earns them.

Told of the news, Kuznetsova said, "This is ridiculous. I will not share my championship with anyone. I didn't do anything!"

Capriati said, "This has to be the dumbest idea, I've ever heard. I won the match and fought my butt off out there. If I beat Serena again, will they give me a second chance to beat Elena?"

Williams believes the ruling is fair. "Justice has been served. This was the worst call in the history of sports. I think I earned another chance to win the Open."

In other news, the NFL has decided to award the 2001 Oakland Raiders duplicate Super Bowl rings, ruling that they were robbed of their victory against the eventual champion New England Patriots. The NHL, meanwhile, will replay the end of game six and if necesary, game 7 to determine the true champion between the Stars and Sabres

This is ridiculous and shouldnt happen! I got this off of another board and thought it couldnt be but seems to be a real article so i dunno. I hope its not its not fair to Kuznetsova at all!

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
BTW im not sure if this is real so dont think i completely know this for sure. It could be a stupid rumor which i hope it is so they wont actually have this match. its stupid.

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Not only is that article true, but it was cut short ... that same article goes on to say that Brady Bunch The Movie will be awarded a duplicate Academy Award for Best Picture due to the tragic oversight in 1995.

THANK GOD! I was so upset about that!

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Lol! Its ounds fishy but you never know. I hope its not. sorry for the inconveniance all. Brady Buch shouldve won the academy award though. it was a great movie w/even better values.

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 11:15 AM
here's the link for you doubting Thomases ...

youcouldnotpossiblybethatgullible.com

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 11:17 AM
thank you thank you all i am! I am the dumbest of the dumb blondes the most gullible of them all! I accept this title on behalf of my fellow dumb blondes!

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 11:24 AM
its ok dj look at the name of the alleged author Hugh Ken Knott B. Seriuz
(you cannot be srious) Im not alone im not alone!